Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time I see anything about Aniplex, I'm reminded that I need to order my region free Blu-ray player and start supporting the shit out of Manga Entertainment. Lol

Im about to finish spice and wolf and I gotta say i liked it way more than I thought I would. Any recommendations for something similar?

Im about to finish spice and wolf and I gotta say i liked it way more than I thought I would. Any recommendations for something similar?
MAOYU
Also, placed my order for the No Game No Life CE from TRSI, if the dub sounds decent(which I have VERY little faith it will be, given Sentai is dubbing it), I may watch the dub, but I'm mostly getting it for
a)The chipboard artbox
b)It's NGNL, and on blu-ray
c)Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe good sales will help convince for a season 2, pleaaase?

NGNL is one of the most popular titles right now in Japan too. The light novels only started in 2012, so it's not like there's source material for a season 2 yet.

I'm still waiting patiently for Haganai S3.

NGNL is one of the most popular titles right now in Japan too. The light novels only started in 2012, so it's not like there's source material for a season 2 yet.

I'm still waiting patiently for Haganai S3.
actually there is plenty of source material for a season 2 (they have only animated half of the currently released books) the likelyreason they are waiting is because they have no material for season 3. waiting 18-24 months between season 1 and 2 and then the same between 2 and 3 is likely a lot better than 1 year between season 1 and 2 and like 5 years between season 2 and 3.

The DBZ blus are 21.99 each on Amazon/Best Buy right now. Not the best price, but the lowest its been since last July/August (according to camel)
Are those the same ones Funimation cropped from the original aspect ratio of 4:3 to 16:9 for no good reason?

Got my Yakitake Japan Part 2 and Turn A model from RightStuf and it came in a standard Priority Mail box instead of a custom box. Strange

I think there have also been rare cases where a series' western success has to led to its continuation--even though it wasn't that popular in Japan. I've heard of one such instance, but it's just not coming to me. That is the extreme exception to the rule, though, of course.

I think there have also been rare cases where a series' western success has to led to its continuation--even though it wasn't that popular in Japan. I've heard of one such instance, but it's just not coming to me. That is the extreme exception to the rule, though, of course.
Probably Big O II

Sentai got Wish Upon the Pleiades, Re-Kan!, My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO!, Hello! Kin-iro Mosaic, Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love Revolutions, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?, and Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma

So far I received 2 of Sentai's May releases (Familiar of Zero S3 and  TWGOK: OVA) already. Just waiting for Haikyuu Part 1.

Sentai got Wish Upon the Pleiades, Re-Kan!, My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO!, Hello! Kin-iro Mosaic, Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love Revolutions, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?, and Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
sentai better dub food wars or they are going to get some hate mail from me :p

Wow, they sure are bringing out the big guns for Danganronpa. Greg Ayres, Caitlin Glass, Monica Rial and Chris Sabat. Though I'm less familiar with the others, they appear to be attached to high profile recent shows as well.

Looks like I'll actually watch this one in English.

Said no otaku ever.
Is this another joke going over my head, or are you just being a snob? It can be so hard to tell on this forum lol.

Funimation app is finally on the ps4, much preferred over the website. Looks like they picked up quite a few promising titles this season too.

Said no otaku ever.
not to get even more off topic but... plenty of otaku say that as there are plenty of us that enjoy dubs. It would be the weeaboo that do not accept dubs as an acceptable thing to watch.

In modern Japanese slang, the term otaku is mostly equivalent to "geek" or "nerd", but in a more derogatory manner than used in the West.[6] However, it can relate to any fan of any particular theme, topic, hobby or form of entertainment.[6] "When these people are referred to as otaku, they are judged for their behaviors - and people suddenly see an “otaku” as a person unable to relate to reality".[11][12] The word entered English as a loanword from the Japanese language. It is typically used to refer to a fan of anime/manga but can also refer to Japanese video games or Japanese culture in general. The American magazine Otaku USA popularizes and covers these aspects.
source

while a weeaboo would more be a derogatory term for someone who likes japan stuff so much they typically want to move to japan and learn japanese.

Anyways, I hope someplace like Frys does a nice sale again. I miss buying anime.

Is this another joke going over my head, or are you just being a snob? It can be so hard to tell on this forum lol.

Funimation app is finally on the ps4, much preferred over the website. Looks like they picked up quite a few promising titles this season too.
I think it was a failed attempt at a joke.

I need to goof around with the funimation app a bit more, but after the last website update, once you know what you are doing, it hasn't been bad.

but yeah funimation has picked up most of the shows i wanted... just not the one I wanted them to pick up the most :/ (soma)

I do wonder which shows they are going to broadcast dub this season.

Dont do it, getting this was one of my gohastings issues, it'll just come in a generic box with the thinbox slips as a makeshift insert
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

I was actually gonna post this deal today lol. Worth it I guess if you just want the show but not if you looking for the LE or anything that doesn't look like crap. imho..

Edit:
Alas I was to late
I just got my copy. It looks like the one you got. It's just the disks in a plain case, that doesn't hold the disks well. I hope the disks are playable. I guess it is okay for $2, but I'm going to need to get a new case for it.

I'm going to stay away from the rental copies, unless it is something out of print.

I just got my copy. It looks like the one you got. It's just the disks in a plain case, that doesn't hold the disks well. I hope the disks are playable. I guess it is okay for $2, but I'm going to need to get a new case for it.

I'm going to stay away from the rental copies, unless it is something out of print.
Yea I learned my lesson

Does anyone know what the all time low was for the Yuru yuri bluray premium editions? On rightstuf or amazon or wherever. Just wondering since I wanna get it someday but I never see the price fluctuate.

Is there any word on the persona 3 series coming to blu ray in america (not an import)?

Im confused since id seen it called persona 3 the movie but id also seen where it was multiple sets. So I dont know if its a movie, series, series of movies or what.

I have the 2 persona 4 blu ray sets and would love to have persona 3.

Is there any word on the persona 3 series coming to blu ray in america (not an import)?

Im confused since id seen it called persona 3 the movie but id also seen where it was multiple sets. So I dont know if its a movie, series, series of movies or what.

Here is info on all the Persona anime:

Persona: Trinity Soul

• Came out in 2010.
  • Released by NISA
  • OOP

Persona 4 The Animation

• Came out in 2012
  • Released by Sentai Filmworks
  • Part 1 on bluray is OOP

Persona 4 The Golden Animation

• Licensed by Aniplex of America
  • Release is TBA

Persona 3 movies

• Licensed by Aniplex of America
  • Total of 4 movies so far
  • Movie 1 & 2 have been released by Aniplex of America. 1st one is already OOP. 2nd one will be soon link
  • Aniplex of America MAY re-release these movies with dub later on (like the Madoka movies). Will probably announce at Anime Expo this year if they do.
  • Movie 3 just got released in theaters in Japan on April 4th. Expect a retail release later this year or January next year.
  • Movie 4 is still in development.

Does anyone know what the all time low was for the Yuru yuri bluray premium editions? On rightstuf or amazon or wherever. Just wondering since I wanna get it someday but I never see the price fluctuate.
I've never seen it any cheaper than it is right now on NISA's site. I also noticed that it appears as though Right Stuf is down to the last 26 copies of season 1. Ugh, I suppose I better place an order if I want one.

The cheapest I have ever seen them for was at RACS with the 15% off coupon holiday 2013 when they were about ~$38 each (no coupons at the moment though)

Is anyone intrested in one piece season 1 and 2 first prints all sealed. 11 box sets[attachment=13559:Screenshot_2015-04-06-20-39-12.png]

We are unlikely to get the Persona 3 Films until a year after Persona 3 The Final Movie releases on Blu Ray. I certainly hope we do get them someday with a dub. But until then, buy the Imports or wait a long while.

It is a series of 4 movies that covers the entire Persona 3 game basically. While this may be my bias speaking, it really is well done.

I just polished off my Gundam Unicorn set, so I started it up today. Wow. I am very impressed. It maintains the style of the classic UC series, but with it being so new--and on Blu-ray--it looks absolutely gorgeous in comparison. The dub also seems very solid for a Gundam series so far, as they so often have questionable dubs. I'm glad I waited for the whole thing to be out, so I can marathon it :D.

I just polished off my Gundam Unicorn set, so I started it up today. Wow. I am very impressed. It maintains the style of the classic UC series, but with it being so new--and on Blu-ray--it looks absolutely gorgeous in comparison. The dub also seems very solid for a Gundam series so far, as they so often have questionable dubs. I'm glad I waited for the whole thing to be out, so I can marathon it :D.
Haven't seen the final two episodes yet. But yeah, its freaking fantastic.

bread's done
Back