Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to reset your password.
As I said, I did try resetting it but it couldn't find my account at all.

But anyway, I emailed them and they said they're still in the process of moving over accounts so it may be a few days before everyone can sign in.

I also asked them about the saved list(I didn't read the faq yet at the time) and he said "As for your saved lists, we may look into a solution for those at a later time" so I don't know what they're doing with that but at least they know it's a problem. I wouldn't really care if I could get a plain text copy of what I had on my list so I can re-add everything.

Sentai put up a good pick of the CE

CH0G2jDWIAA_6_D.jpg
Steph is best girl. Just puttin' that out there.

The pre-authorizations are incredibly annoying, but it's 'tolerable' if they at least drop off and don't come back until it ships. Best Buy used to do rolling pre-authorizations every week or so--meaning the money was essentially permanently tied up. That was fucking ridiculous. 

I'm not liking how many features were lost in the site "upgrade." I don't understand how you can lose such useful features and still call it an upgrade. I LOVED the fact that it told me I've bough something in the past. It really helped out...

My No Game No Life pre-order lost it's Got Anime Discount from the old to new site transfer. And another pre-order lost the free shipping it had from being originally pre-order with other items.

^^^

Yep you hit the nail right on the head Fatal. Shame that they have gone this route. :(

I was trying to order Tokyo Ghoul CE and LE. Dang RS...why you have to go and change to much.
Yea, I do not like this new "feature" either.

Are release dates also being wonky on Rightstuf or did Jojo season 1 really get delayed to 9/30/15? Can't find the release date on Amazon anymore either.
It got delayed. Its going to have dub now though.

As I said, I did try resetting it but it couldn't find my account at all.

But anyway, I emailed them and they said they're still in the process of moving over accounts so it may be a few days before everyone can sign in.

I also asked them about the saved list(I didn't read the faq yet at the time) and he said "As for your saved lists, we may look into a solution for those at a later time" so I don't know what they're doing with that but at least they know it's a problem. I wouldn't really care if I could get a plain text copy of what I had on my list so I can re-add everything.
They are still migrating accounts. Though I saw that if you havent used your account in awhile, they are not going to migrate it.

The pre-authorizations are incredibly annoying, but it's 'tolerable' if they at least drop off and don't come back until it ships. Best Buy used to do rolling pre-authorizations every week or so--meaning the money was essentially permanently tied up. That was fucking ridiculous.
Its annoying to someone like me that does bulk preorders. I use my cc for personal and business so I wouldn't want any $1k Aniplex preorder charges on my charge lol.

I'm not liking how many features were lost in the site "upgrade." I don't understand how you can lose such useful features and still call it an upgrade. I LOVED the fact that it told me I've bough something in the past. It really helped out...
Yea. Besides the cosmetics, the site lots alot of features. I already dont like the orders page in under your account. Everything is just so clunky. BUT I get why they upgraded. If you notice, everything happens in real time now rather than early morning batch updates. Even those batch updates were a little wonky (one gave me a preorder of 8 copies of Majestic Price Pt. 1 lol). I hope they get out of these growing pains soon. However, I would have though they would have put more work into not losing features during the upgrade.

My No Game No Life pre-order lost it's Got Anime Discount from the old to new site transfer. And another pre-order lost the free shipping it had from being originally pre-order with other items.
Man, now I gotta worry about this too? LOL my open orders arent even migrated to my account yet.

The new system is sooooo awful, I logged in and EVERYTHING is gone. I can't even see my pren old and shipping orders.
Don't fill bad you aren't the only one. None of my preorders are up so it is what it is. As soon as I finish them out if they ever come back, I'm going to be looking for another site. Although it sucks because RS didn't charge tax. Sucks that they did pre auth. Terrible idea.

Don't fill bad you aren't the only one. None of my preorders are up so it is what it is. As soon as I finish them out if they ever come back, I'm going to be looking for another site. Although it sucks because RS didn't charge tax. Sucks that they did pre auth. Terrible idea.
I agree it WAS the best and my favorite site but they have truly gone down hill and they won't even acknowledge it.

I agree it WAS the best and my favorite site but they have truly gone down hill and they won't even acknowledge it.
Yep same here. :(

And you all know me. I've already voiced my displeasure on RS about it. But for every one person there will be about 5 morons that "love" it.
Sadly, I don't see them changing. They need to be in the top searches for anime when people use Google. Google strong armed them and I'm pretty sure they will keep it the way it is.

I mean if you look at this page here. You can see all the new features. Mobile is a big one now.

http://www.rightstufanime.com/anime-resources/new-website

NEW MOBILE EXPERIENCE

Shop for your favorite anime and manga on your phone or tablet

I mean they are also using this UI it looks like.

http://getbootstrap.com/

Also, for those that want to read and get some more insight on why sites are changing might want to read this.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=google+forcing+sites+to+become+mobile+friendly

Particularly this page.

http://roi4my.com/google-is-forcing-you-to-make-your-site-mobile-friendly-learn-what-to-do-now/

Changing Browsing Habits

Google Friendly WebsitesSince in the past, most websites were accessed via computers, website designers became accustomed to making websites with a fixed-width display size that would fit the screen width of standard computer monitors. However, as new devices— like mobile phones, tablets, laptops, game consoles, notebooks and TVs also began accessing the internet, users found that traditional websites provided a poor user experience because they couldn’t render properly on other devices.

Ultimately, these issues led to the notion that websites should be able to detect the type of device that is accessing the site. This way the site could automatically adjust, according to the screen width. Every since this became commonplace, the result has been a more seamless browsing experience for the user.

Of course, not every webmaster has made the transition to a responsive website design. As a result, there are still large numbers of sites that are not mobile-friendly. Since so many of Google’s users are conducting their searches from their smart phones or mobile devices, the best way to improve the users’ experience is to get full or near-full compliance. Hence, Google views the Webmaster Tools notifications as a way to address the problem.
So because Google threatened RS now RS is forced to use this responsive website design.

If you check this site here.

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/?url=rightstuf.com

That is the old url, but you can see it is showing a picture for the "new" site. I'm sure the old site was not that mobile friendly.

I'm afraid unless we start a petition then there is nothing to do. We can use FB or twitter but I'm sure they won't do anything about it.

I'm not surprised that they are using Bootstrap, and as somebody who does a lot of programming for a living, I'm pretty sure they had to do quite a lot of work on the data and systems that they had to even reach the point they are at now.

Right now though, I really don't see many true benefits to this as I use smaller-limit credit cards (although Paypal could help with that), doing basic searches is much harder and much slower (especially since I'm just looking for simple plain text most of the time), and getting to your Product Lists is much more inconvenient and is very slow to load.

This strikes me as a very unprofessional website upgrade.  Adding ~100 items to my "Wish List" wasn't actually hard at all, but I will definitely be using the site less often until things are more stable (and hopefully, some older features are brought back).

:cry:

I use mobile for about 90% of my Web browsing and RightStuf DID have a mobile option on their site. And I had absolutely no problem using it.

I'm super late to the party, but I finally bit on Cowboy Bebop on blu ray. Looks like Amazon doesn't have new stock, which may be temporary but I didn't want to chance it.

Since I don't feel like working, I went around RS's site some more and found something interesting under the Billing tab on your account.  There is an Account Balance page that has a credit limit, and has buttons in place for printing a statement and making a payment.  I don't recall them having their own credit "card" before, but maybe this will be another alternative for those folks concerned about multiple authorizations.  This may also just be for B2B customers.

Realistically though, the new site format is a significant improvement over the old one.  I understand doing card auths might be a dealbreaker for some, but that is similar to the change in item prices in that it could just as easily have happened without a change in format.  The biggest long-term issue I see in the site is that there's nothing on a product page to indicate if you've ordered it in the past, nor is there any way to immediately know if it's on one of your lists (you can see it checked once you click on the add to list).  Searches, order history and such I suspect is merely problematic now because they needed to turn the new site live.  They couldn't keep it down and continue to lose business, much like how a store is open during remodeling.

Losing the stuff we had saved for later is a bummer, but creating a Saved For Later list and clicking on an item page to directly add it to that list is better than adding it to your cart, loading your cart, and moving it to be saved every time.

So the main reason why people are bummed about the pre authorization charges are because there's a chance you could be charged multiple times?sorry for asking but I'm still not following why that is a deal breaker.

I don't like making purchases on mobile. Always feel like I could press something wrong on my tiny phone.

I'm not totally against the new design. I just hate all the features they lost with it. If they could have only carried over the old features to the new layout, it would have been the best of both worlds.

Btw, there's no way to do a simplified view when you search anymore right? Y'know where it just shows text and no box art. Honestly, data restrictions on phones should also be a consideration when making a mobile site.

Though until they get it zoned in, their search function is going to be slowly killing me.

Melan ... Haruhi graphic ... Haruhi and click on graphic novels: 

Haru Hana Complete Collection

Haruka Graphic Novel 1

Haruka Graphic ...

article-2185554-14656D19000005DC-909_306x423.jpg

@Motaku:  There's four sets of images above the search bar once you do a search.  Those change how the results look, with the far left one being just text.

So the main reason why people are bummed about the pre authorization charges are because there's a chance you could be charged multiple times?sorry for asking but I'm still not following why that is a deal breaker.
Because new site implementations like this have a higher chance of that module messing up. Like I provided the example of Best Buy charging me 27 times for my ps4 game preorder. Their system said it charged me once but my credit card said other wise lol. In addition, many people use small limit credit or debit cards on rightstuf, so doing big preorders might be out of the question for them now. Its bad for them because it also deters alot of impulse preordering.

That said, Shawne tweeted back to me saying that they are working on a solution for this issue.

That issue isn't the only one though. The biggest flaw imo is the missing previously purchased notification. As someone who preorders alot at once, sometimes I forget what I have preordered or ordered before lol.

Plus, you know...the site is really clunky

Anyone know how long it takes for AMZ to put up preorders after they show up on RS and Funi?

Selector Infected WIXOSS The Complete Series - Limited Edition

Free! Eternal Summer Season Two - Limited Edition

Space Dandy Season Two

The preorder link for Tokyo Ghoul isn't working but here is some info on the CE.

The Tokyo Ghoul Collector's Edition box follows the stages of Kaneki's metamorphosis. A specialty print overlay reveals Kaneki's hybrid form. Inside the box is the Blu-ray/DVD combo, an exclusive art book, and an additional blood red box filled with other collectible items.
*edit*

Tokyo Ghoul Limited Edition

Tokyo Ghoul Collectors Edition

I AM SO OUTRAGED BY THIS NEW SITE SET UP, I'M GOING TO SHOP AT ROBERT'S ANIME CORNER NOW!

said nobody ever
RACS charges taxes on me so that is a no go. Again, I would rather shoot my own foot then support RACS. Now RS have become RACS Jr. haha

RACS charges taxes on me so that is a no go. Again, I would rather shoot my own foot then support RACS. Now RS have become RACS Jr. haha
Does that mean now that if I buy an item with a promo code from RS, and they decided to renege, and after sending them an email to ask why they canceled my order Shawne will personally send me an email back to go kick rocks, and then post on their front page and all social media outlets to let everyone else know publicly to go kick rocks too so we'll just all have a nice parade of rock kicking going down the streets like a parade?

Pre-paid cards, debit cards, etc. People who don't have high limit cards, like college students. I don't mind it, but that's cause I do have a credit card.

What I DO mind is that they won't tell you what you previously ordered on the item page any more. I have too much stuff to keep track of, so it's easier when websites like Amazon (and formerly, Rightstuf) kept track for you.

Edit: Fatal Futanari *shuddter* already said literally everything I did, so nevermind!

Edit 2: fuck RACs. I'd rather anime ceasing to exist than to deal with him again.

Does that mean now that if I buy an item with a promo code from RS, and they decided to renege, and after sending them an email to ask why they canceled my order Shawne will personally send me an email back to go kick rocks, and then post on their front page and all social media outlets to let everyone else know publicly to go kick rocks too so we'll just all have a nice parade of rock kicking going down the streets like a parade?
haha yes

Man I remember that, I mean it was crazy. And then it was as if he didn't even care at all.

Pre-paid cards, debit cards, etc. People who don't have high limit cards, like college students. I don't mind it, but that's cause I do have a credit card.

What I DO mind is that they won't tell you what you previously ordered on the item page any more. I have too much stuff to keep track of, so it's easier when websites like Amazon (and formerly, Rightstuf) kept track for you.

Edit: Fatal Futanari *shuddter* already said literally everything I did, so nevermind!

Edit 2: fuck RACs. I'd rather anime ceasing to exist than to deal with him again.
lol awww everyone loves RACS. ;)

I'm sure things will get better with TRSI, but for now ima just chill on buying anime for awhile.

I AM SO OUTRAGED BY THIS NEW SITE SET UP, I'M GOING TO SHOP AT ROBERT'S ANIME CORNER NOW!
Hey now, I dont think anyone is THAT desperate.

kek

You know what we haven't had in an awfully long time? An anime deal. After this post, we still won't.

Cowboy Bebop blu used - $30

Fairy Tail Collection 3 blu used - $24

And if you want to take a chance, one of these entries doesn't say "Item may come repackaged"

Cowboy Bebop Amazon LE used and scary - $126
Its because there hasnt been any deals sadly. We will probably have a Sentai studio sale during Anime Expo like we did last year though.

Oh and please, no one get those scary used CB sets. They probably are missing the book lol. If anyone is REALLY wanting one of those, ill sell you my sealed one for $10 more xP *shameless plug*.

Remember to be vocal about your issues with the new site (be respectable of course). I've been chatting with @shawnekleckner on twitter and he seems to be very honest about everything.

to be fair you are still supposed to put in how much you spent on places like rightstuf and pay taxes for it come income tax time. If you don't pay income tax then no taxes matter, if you do and you don't report this I just hope you never get audited.

to be fair you are still supposed to put in how much you spent on places like rightstuf and pay taxes for it come income tax time. If you don't pay income tax then no taxes matter, if you do and you don't report this I just hope you never get audited.
They're not going to audit you for not paying $40 of sales tax.

If I wanted to bother, I could probably get money back from all the use tax refunds I should get from stuff I send to family out of state with lower taxes than California. But I'm not going to file a 200 line itemized form to see if I need to pay $10 or get back $10, and I'm sure they won't waste the time either.

They're not going to audit you for not paying $40 of sales tax.

If I wanted to bother, I could probably get money back from all the use tax refunds I should get from stuff I send to family out of state with lower taxes than California. But I'm not going to file a 200 line itemized form to see if I need to pay $10 or get back $10, and I'm sure they won't waste the time either.
I didn't mean to make it sound like they would audit you just for that. I was implying that if you did get audited for some reason they would hit you for that as well as what ever triggered the audit.

Probably won't affect anybody but me, but MovieStop is having a B2G1 Free sale on all Used movies, 10% off New Merchandise, and 10% Off action figures (mostly comic book and sci-fi, but some anime stuff in thete) this weekend.

Also managed to snag Robotech: The Protoculture Collection at a local thrift store for $14.99.

EDIT: Fruitful stop at Movie Stop after all. Got Devil is a Part Timer, Maken--Ki, Wanna Be the Strognest LE, Yu-Gi-Oh Season 1 & 2, Gunslinger Girl S1 & S2, Macros Plus Movie Edition, Pokemon Orange Islands, Seven Samurai Criterion (Blu-ray), Fushigi Yugi Sieryu Box, RWBY S1 & S2 (Blu-ray), and Clannad S1 & S2 (Blu-ray) for $163 altogether. Both seasons of Clannad ended up being free.

I actually just used RAC for the first time, and I was pleased with it. What is up with all of the overt hate?
What did you order? Just plain dvds?
Plain dvds and blurays in plain cases are ok for RACs...
But buying le boxes is another. My experiences with Racs are sandy and dusty NIS boxes or dented or damaged funi artboxes.

Hate to keep harping on the Right Stuf site change, but I noticed another biggie for me. With the old site I could add Right Stuf as one of the quick search engine options in firefox (search box to the right of the address bar). Can't do that anymore. :cry:

Crunchyroll dotd is NGNL CE for $74.99 / $79.99. Premium members can pick it up for $56.24 shipped if you place your order in the next few hours and use coupon SUMMER for 25% off. Non-members using coupon would pay $60 + shipping. Can use a premium trial or guest pass to get the extra money off and free shipping.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/p/163675/No-Game-No-Life-Collectors-Edition

I have a friend over... and I miss a deal on the single anime i am tempted to preorder right now @__________@

on the plus side I now have no urge to preorder it from rightstuf because I could have potentially had it at $56.24 shipped.

Not sure what to make of the new RS site, kinda clunky but hopefully it gets better and they add some features back in. I have the NGNL CE on pre-order, kinda wish I saw that crunchyroll one earlier.

Also when you guys pre-order shows, do you only pre-order LE/CE's or do pre-order regular sets to? I tend to grab the CE/LE's I want and Aniplex stuff if I buy it but I wait for either the Christmas sale or if there's a good deal on it at some point for regular sets.

After playing with the RS site I totaled up what I've spent this year and I didn't realize it was so much lol. How much would you guys say you spend a year? So far I'm sitting at $1530 for the year lol.

Not sure what to make of the new RS site, kinda clunky but hopefully it gets better and they add some features back in. I have the NGNL CE on pre-order, kinda wish I saw that crunchyroll one earlier.

Also when you guys pre-order shows, do you only pre-order LE/CE's or do pre-order regular sets to? I tend to grab the CE/LE's I want and Aniplex stuff if I buy it but I wait for either the Christmas sale or if there's a good deal on it at some point for regular sets.

After playing with the RS site I totaled up what I've spent this year and I didn't realize it was so much lol. How much would you guys say you spend a year? So far I'm sitting at $1530 for the year lol.
I would total mine but it would be too much of a hassle. The old site wouldn't have been so bad.

Also, I usually preorder the LE's. I won't be doing that anymore as they now pre authorize your card. I don't have the money for that.

Quick question, anyone have an opinion of Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit (on blu)? I had never even heard of it, but seeing it was put on netflix it made me curious.

Quick question, anyone have an opinion of Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit (on blu)? I had never even heard of it, but seeing it was put on netflix it made me curious.
One of the best fantasy animes of all time. Epic story with a conclusive ending, fantastic fight scenes, deep characters.

I still can't log in to Rightstuf. I have a lot of orders this year and I also have pre-orders for Sailor Moon, Soul Eater, etc. So I don't know what gives.

If my account is gone and if those get cancelled I'm going to be mighty pissed.

What a fuck ing debacle.

bread's done
Back