Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
It's always good to have a reference. ^__^!
Before I forget or don't get back to it, yes, that reference is so helpful.

I am considering the $24 Bebop Blu-Ray all right, but I already bought Kingdom of Heaven a while ago and can't figure out what to add to it. I might need those extra Ghibli films for later deals at this rate (Castle in the Sky and Totoro). O.O

It would be nice if the Howl's Moving Castle I bought from Amazon a few days ago has its slipcover though. The price is certainly nice ($16.67).

Before I forget or don't get back to it, yes, that reference is so helpful.

I am considering the $24 Bebop Blu-Ray all right, but I already bought Kingdom of Heaven a while ago and can't figure out what to add to it. I might need those extra Ghibli films for later deals at this rate (Castle in the Sky and Totoro). O.O
Don't be a sucker and get the Ghibli films at retailers instead sign up for the Disney movie club membership .Its possible to get 7 Ghibli films for the low low price of $21.xx when you first sign up

Don't be a sucker and get the Ghibli films at retailers instead sign up for the Disney movie club membership .Its possible to get 7 Ghibli films for the low low price of $21.xx when you first sign up
It's already a bit too late. I own Mononoke, Kaguya, Kiki, Nausicaa, and now Howl's is shipping already.

Still, I won't buy any more for a while until I look into it again at the least. There are still three more I definitely want to own (maybe four with Marnie Was There), and the rest I would buy at a lower price.

It works out to about $14 a movie after all's said and done.

Edit: I haven't joined DMC myself, because they never have enough titles I want to buy for $14 a piece. I'd be buying stuff I don't want, like Tinkerbell Neverbeast or something.

I love how I ordered 2 Gundam models from RightStuf back in April and they still haven't shipped yet but my Turn A and Sailor Moon are shipping.

Edit: I haven't joined DMC myself, because they never have enough titles I want to buy for $14 a piece. I'd be buying stuff I don't want, like Tinkerbell Neverbeast or something.
If you like ABC shows the DMC is worth it. The base price is what stores like Best Buy normally price it at, so you can take 50-60% off those.

JzPFXXP.jpg
7zavOmC.jpg

I just bought the cheapy DVD version. Crapton of extras is nice and all, but Sailor Moon kind of has my "expensive anime LE of the quarter" money already.

Anyone see the first episode of Bikini Warriors? It's pretty short.
I haven't yet. Which streaming service got that? I thought it was CR but maybe it was Funi. If so then I won't be watching it anytime soon as I need to sub up again.

I did however watch Million Doll and enjoyed it.

Wrong thread for that.

Anyway, FUNi showed off the FMA LEs. The physical extras include a leather bound artbook, art cards, and a leather Blu-ray case. Kinda BS that they didn't reprint the DVD booklets and combine them into one.

Anyway, FUNi showed off the FMA LEs. The physical extras include a leather bound artbook, art cards, and a leather Blu-ray case. Kinda BS that they didn't reprint the DVD booklets and combine them into one.
Yeah, I figured the new LE's wouldn't include the nice booklets from the original DVD sets. As for the blu release unless it's cheap, I don't want the original series at this point. Was too fillery and after watching it again, the latter episodes of the series weren't as amazing as I remembered them.

Is anyone still unable to signin on rightstuf's new site? I'm still getting "The supplied email has not been registered as a customer at our Web store." when I click on forgot password. If it's just me, then I better email them. Thought this would be sorted out by now.

Is anyone still unable to signin on rightstuf's new site? I'm still getting "The supplied email has not been registered as a customer at our Web store." when I click on forgot password. If it's just me, then I better email them. Thought this would be sorted out by now.
Did you have any pending orders with them? If not then your account was deleted and you'll have to make a new one.

Did you have any pending orders with them? If not then your account was deleted and you'll have to make a new one.
Shit, I thought they would carry it over as long as I had made a purchase recently. I ordered stuff during the last holiday sale so I thought I'd be safe. And I got excited when I heard they were carrying over some of the saved for later lists.

Shit, I thought they would carry it over as long as I had made a purchase recently. I ordered stuff during the last holiday sale so I thought I'd be safe. And I got excited when I heard they were carrying over some of the saved for later lists.
I could've sworn they said they would keep your account as long as you were active recently, and the holiday sale should qualify... unless it was only six months or something. Customer service is definitely the way to go though.

The save list weren't carried over sadly. They did however re add the ability to create new ones.

I could've sworn they said they would keep your account as long as you were active recently, and the holiday sale should qualify... unless it was only six months or something. Customer service is definitely the way to go though.
Agreed, unless they meant within the 2015 time period. Again this is RS and after the site upgrade the whole company has seemed to crap out.

The same thing happened to me. I placed my last order during the 12+ days sale. I went back and forth with their customer service, their twitter account and the owner himself. Basically our accounts weren't carried over because for whatever reason they only decided to carry over accounts with open orders or accounts that had made an order sometime in 2015.

The best answer I got was that I should make a new account and then hope that they feel up to the task of importing my old account information somewhere down the line...maybe.

As someone who had been using the site since the mid 2000s I'm annoyed. I'm not sure if I'll continue to shop with them after they showed such a lack of respect for a customer who has been with them for so long. All in the name of making the site more mobile friendly and Google friendly. They should've waited to launch this until it was actually ready, not this half-assed garbage.

The same thing happened to me. I placed my last order during the 12+ days sale. I went back and forth with their customer service, their twitter account and the owner himself. Basically our accounts weren't carried over because for whatever reason they only decided to carry over accounts with open orders or accounts that had made an order sometime in 2015.

The best answer I got was that I should make a new account and then hope that they feel up to the task of importing my old account information somewhere down the line...maybe.

As someone who had been using the site since the mid 2000s I'm annoyed. I'm not sure if I'll continue to shop with them after they showed such a lack of respect for a customer who has been with them for so long. All in the name of making the site more mobile friendly and Google friendly. They should've waited to launch this until it was actually ready, not this half-assed garbage.
I would have preferred they send out a newsletter a week in advance saying "Hey guys, we're migrating to a new site and will lose some data along the way" instead of just springing it on us like a surprise party that no one wanted.

I emailed them earlier. I expect the same respons you got.

Is it any good?
It is ok, I'd check it out on youtube first.

Yeah tell me about it. All teh changes for nothing. I mean the old site was fine. Sure it needed a few things to be fixed but overall it worked.

I would have preferred they send out a newsletter a week in advance saying "Hey guys, we're migrating to a new site and will lose some data along the way" instead of just springing it on us like a surprise party that no one wanted.

It sucks that they did that. I think they were trying to surprise everyone with the new site. I think they thought everyone would be happy but the backlash they are getting is great.

it would have been great... I could have copied and pasted all of my orders and had a list of what I bought from them...

instead if I really want that list I will have to dig through all of my rightstuf emails... which are in the thousands because for the longest time I didn't delete their promotional emails... and find them all (I am sure I can find just my orders by putting orders in my search but still :p)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part 1--Phantom Blood, Vol. 3 is going for only $10.47 on Amazon. A couple of other titles are at a low price too,such as Prison School volume 1 for $10.

The save list weren't carried over sadly. They did however re add the ability to create new ones.
Rightstuf DID migrate over everyone's Saved for Later lists, about two weeks ago - it's in the same place your new lists are saved in - in Product Lists under Your Account... my entire Saved for Later List is there, and so should be yours.

Anyone want a $6 case for an mp3 player?  Does anyone even use mp3 players anymore?

I'm not sure how these two can both be repackaged and factory sealed at the same time. However if you just needed a little extra push to get them, you can also save a couple extra bucks by buying some used castles:

Howl's

Cagliostro

It is ok, I'd check it out on youtube first.

Yeah tell me about it. All teh changes for nothing. I mean the old site was fine. Sure it needed a few things to be fixed but overall it worked.

It sucks that they did that. I think they were trying to surprise everyone with the new site. I think they thought everyone would be happy but the backlash they are getting is great.
I agree that they shouldn't have surprised everyone, and at least let people take snapshots of their order history.

I disagree, however, that their site was fine. I'm not saying the new one is awesome or anything (honestly I haven't used it all that much), but their old site was pretty crusty, and probably impenetrable to new users. They did need some kind of change, I think.

Pony Canon has Etotama

http://www.rightstufanime.com/ETOTAMA-Collectors-Edition-BD-DVD-CD-GWP

CJleMumUsAAK7R8.jpg

Customers who pre-order this item by August 31st will also receive a special illustration card set!

Contains episodes 1-4 plus a special opening theme song CD, a deluxe booklet, and 2 collectible wall pin-up pictures illustrated by original character designer Akio Watanabe.

Special Features: Clean Opening, TV Commerical Collections.

Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles, Spanish subtitles.

Anyone want a $6 case for an mp3 player? Does anyone even use mp3 players anymore?
I do. I still have my Sony Walkman MP3 player which also has a built in radio and video playback.

I don't use it much anymore, but I should.

If someone doesn't have a smartphone at this point, I can say that I'm worried for about at this point.
I don't. I have a Pay As You Go phone with no apps and spend roughly $20 a month on it.

Although it's becoming more like $30 a month so I should probably switch to one and get more out of my funds.

They got back to me.

Thank you for contacting us! Currently we only have orders from 2015 imported. We intend to import orders from 2014, but in the mean time it would be best to create a new account and we will merge the information later. This means if you have no orders from 2015 you will not be registered at the moment.
I guess that's good news.

Anyone want a $6 case for an mp3 player? Does anyone even use mp3 players anymore?
Rockbox'd sansa clip mp3 master race

Funimation to Offer Broadcast Dubs for Gangsta., Prison School, Sky Wizards Academy
I see funimation really wants me to stop caring about them :p

so many great shows this season and they pick garbage like prison school and sky wizards @_@

at least gangsta was alright.

bread's done
Back