Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Funimation is having a deal for when you sign up for one of their streaming subs, you will get $25 store credit. Deal is only for new subscribers.
previously if you cancelled your sub and then signed up again it would work, not sure if that is the case this time but it would be something to look into.

Best Buy is having a large anime sale. Normal FUNi Blu-ray sets are $35, DBZ Blu-ray sets are $20, Naruto season sets are $20, and Naruto Shippuden Sets are $25, among others.

They also have some Ghibli titles on sale. Some are $13, others are $22.

The Sailor Moon sets are also on sale for about $47-$48.

They also have the Persona 4 CE for $70 if you missed it from Amazon. Same price for the Gatchaman Blu-ray set.

Sentai stuff is on sale, with the 13-episode sets around $33 or $38 for the 13-episode sets and $45-$47 for the 26-episode sets.

Jojo set is shaping up to be real bad.

DVD Menu

CO-yChnVAAAANz3.jpg

From Reddit

This isn't even the worst of it. When you get to the end of an episode, it plays the credits. All of them. They're not skippable and the menu button does not work while the credits are playing. The only way you can avoid being stuck watching the credits is by quickly hitting the menu button before the episode ends. You wanted to marathon Jojo by just letting each episode play from one to the next? Too damn bad.

There's also no real subtitles. The only English subtitles available are closed captioned for the hard of hearing, which is literally just the English dub word-for-word. It's also timed to the English audio, not the Japanese audio. Why they didn't also include the subtitle track for the Japanese audio that was actually on the Japanese release of Part 1/2 is beyond me.

Half-assed doesn't even begin to describe this. The fact that this atrocity made it passed quality control and into the hands of the consumer is beyond me. Absolutely zero effort went into it. Like other people said, it looks like something a 12 year old threw together in Nero during lunch. And then they'll complain about piracy ruining the industry. It's ridiculous.
https://www.reddit.com/r/StardustCrusaders/comments/3l3ufc/warner_really_outdid_themselves_with_the_dvd_menu/

Funimation is having a deal for when you sign up for one of their streaming subs, you will get $25 store credit. Deal is only for new subscribers.
I want to do this bad, but I can't find anything I want to buy. I do everything digital now or stream. It's very difficult for me to do physical media. I don't have the storage and don't want to have to deal with it.

Jojo set is shaping up to be real bad.
Kind of old news. Someone brought this up right before the DVD came out. I've seen the release myself and the dub is about as good as a Jojo dub can probably get. Unless you're a diehard quality fan or purest, the episodes themselves are just fine. You can always ignore the release and just watch it on Amazon (dub) or Crunchyroll (sub).

And to think some guy on Cag gave me shit for calling warner out on this release. Glad I'm not the only one
I usually let stuff like this go, but the vagueness of your comment made me look it up.

Thanks for keeping me informed. I guess the only good to come out of this is that I wont have to spend the money.

This release is unacceptable and I hope nobody buys it. WB shouldn't be rewarded for this.
So they should be punished for dubbing one of my favorite shows and releasing it at an absurdly low price? Am I on the right website?

It's an unfortunate situation all around, between being forced to use DVD only by the Japanese side and general laziness altogether from WB, but still it's a miracle we're getting it at all considering Jojo's troubled past with making it overseas. While I'd prefer a better all around release, I don't really buy anime for the subs, and shitty menus are not worth boycotting anything over. I'm expecting this in the mail next week and I will enjoy the hell out of it.

That is the one and only comment anyone made to you in regards to JoJo.

People also forgot that every WB release has menu's like that. Seriously who the fuck cares about the menu's? About every anime release has your generic static image menu. Better things to bitch about.

NOW you can complain about people on CAG giving you flak.

You're welcome.

;)

Edit:

You know what set had great menus?  Dai-Guard.

(Couldn't find the menu, but this is all you need to know why they were great)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EHmbrK8KZI

People also forgot that every WB release has menu's like that. Seriously who the fuck cares about the menu's? About every anime release has your generic static image menu. Better things to bitch about.
I'm a graphic designer. So I care about the menus. Warner Brothers and their incredibly lazy menus always irk me. And not just for anime, they do this for all of their releases.

When I see really good menus, it always impresses me, and I take note of them. Not every release needs to have a custom masterpiece of a menu. But it would be nice to see SOME effort put into these things. At least take a little pride in your work.

You're welcome.

;)

Edit:

You know what set had great menus? Dai-Guard.

All right, I'll bite. I never specifically complained about the menu so I don't know why you think those criticisms are towards me. Although I do agree that they are trash.

I usually let stuff like this go, but the vagueness of your comment made me look it up.

That is the one and only comment anyone made to you in regards to JoJo.
Which is why I said "guy" and not "guys". I don't understand you. What are you trying to do?

The menus don't bug me as much as the credits you cannot skip through at the end of each episode. The CC subs are pretty bad too but I mostly bought the release for the dub. 

nah I forgot what anime it was....but it had 5-6 dvds....completely unmarked in the order they go in and the menu for each dvd was a chaotic mess where you basically had to guess and pick play.

I have no idea wtf I watched for  6 dvds or if it was in order(the show made no sense to start with).....it was hilariously bad.

ah i knew i wrote it down somewhere....this was the menu to each dvd

progression
ratios
skew
exponents

enjoy random clicking to find the play button suckers lol

EDIT:

the show is called spiral....there is no dvd menu worse than this lol

to top it off the last disc had 2 subtitles options whereas the first 5 had 3 subtitle options. 

All right, I'll bite. I never specifically complained about the menu so I don't know why you think those criticisms are towards me. Although I do agree that they are trash.

Which is why I said "guy" and not "guys". I don't understand you. What are you trying to do?
I was just curious who "the guy" was and what he said. So I looked it up.

Personally, I don't think he did anything more than just point out why he disagreed with you, and why he was glad to be able to buy the set.

Not to mention people keep flat out lying about the completely unskippable English credits. Yeah they play if you watch an individual episode from the episode list, but that reddit post says you can't marathon episodes which is something I had no problem doing. Just put it in and hit play...

You're welcome.

;)

Edit:

You know what set had great menus? Dai-Guard.

I applaud you for mentioning Dai Guard, I fuck ing love that show. The dub is really good IMO

Because someone of us are spending money and would hope that they aren't going to be lazy and just slap it together. Try that some are static images but at Jojo ones are really lazy. :(

I'm a graphic designer. So I care about the menus. Warner Brothers and their incredibly lazy menus always irk me. And not just for anime, they do this for all of their releases.

When I see really good menus, it always impresses me, and I take note of them. Not every release needs to have a custom masterpiece of a menu. But it would be nice to see SOME effort put into these things. At least take a little pride in your work.
Thank you, glad to see someone that wants a little effort put into what is being bought.

Because someone of us are spending money and would hope that they aren't going to be lazy and just slap it together. Try that some are static images but at Jojo ones are really lazy. :(

Thank you, glad to see someone that wants a little effort put into what is being bought.
I think it's fine to hold publishers accountable for the quality of something, but do we really need like 20 pages worth of it? :*(

It would be nice of they did put a bit more effect into that,I just found it hilarious that something as small as that would stop people from buying it.

I think it's fine to hold publishers accountable for the quality of something, but do we really need like 20 pages worth of it? :*(
Nope

It would be nice of they did put a bit more effect into that,I just found it hilarious that something as small as that would stop people from buying it.
Agreed

All that under the bridge now. Not sure it these had been posted yet. Been out for a few days now.

RS new titles 10/22/2015

Photo Kano Blu-ray
Release Date: 2/23/2016
Your Price: $38.99

Indian Summer OVA DVD Sentai Selects
Release Date: 2/23/2016
Your Price: $12.99

Space Brothers Collection 7 Blu-ray
Release Date: 2/16/2016

Space Brothers Collection 7 DVD
Your Price: $32.49

Fate/kaleid Liner Prisma Illya 2Wei! Blu-ray
Your Price: $45.49

Fate/kaleid Liner Prisma Illya 2Wei! DVD

Shirobako Collection 1 Blu-ray
Release Date: 2/9/2016

Shirobako Collection 1 DVD

Akame ga Kill Collection 1 Collector's Edition Blu-ray/DVD
Your Price: $84.49

Akame ga Kill Collection 1 Blu-ray
Your Price: $45.49

Akame ga Kill Collection 1 DVD

From the New World Complete Collection Blu-ray
Release Date: 2/2/2016
Your Price: $64.99

From the New World Complete Collection DVD
Your Price: $51.99

Blade Dance of the Elementalers Blu-ray

Blade Dance of the Elementalers DVD

Partisan Blu-ray
Release Date: 12/8/2015
Your Price: $22.48

Partisan DVD
Release Date: 12/8/2015
Your Price: $18.73

Wow, Sentai's practically giving Akame ga Kill away at this price in comparison to Aniplex...

Seriously though, I really like the cover art for this release, the hardcover booklet and poster sounds great, and would like to see the show, but I'm still not dropping $85 for 12 episodes. Though if Rightstuf has a decent sale on this near Xmas, I'm sure I can be persuaded.

EDIT: Just spotted that it isn't coming out until 2016. So, forget it being part of that sale.

When does Rightstuf ship out pre-ordered items?  I pre-ordered the Conan-Lupin crossovers, which come out in 3 days, and I haven't heard anything from RS.

I really like the cover art for this release, the hardcover booklet and poster sounds great, and would like to see the show, but I'm still not dropping $85 for 12 episodes.
I see the plot all over that LE cover. But I knew it's not the worse set, you just expect a little more from these $80+ sets. Like the Persona LE for example I grabbed because I wanted a dual track Blu and I didn't care much about the lousy extras. The same applies to Darker than Black S1 and that crappy box (THANKS ANIPLEX).

Back to Akame,I like the plot driven cover on the LE more than the dumb regular set that looks like it's being sold to a 13 year old. At the end of the day, one is cheaper than the other and you aren't required to buy it. My point was to just to prove that it's half of the series when I think it should have been the whole series. I guess it's too new for that.

When does Rightstuf ship out pre-ordered items? I pre-ordered the Conan-Lupin crossovers, which come out in 3 days, and I haven't heard anything from RS.
They typically ship stuff out the moment they get them. It's normal for us to get Funimation/Sentai stuff a month before it's release date from RS. It could be a company/manufacturing thing if they are shipping the product the day it comes out to the seller. Or worst yet, it's delayed. :(

At least Aniplex would give a nice box and awesome artwork. No one is going to use the freakin tattoos... Will buy the regular Akame Blu. Love the first half of the series since it follows the manga. The fact that important characters can die made me like the series, though I felt it could have had another season instead of being rushed to end.

That's tough, because anyone that would want to buy a sealed copy of it wouldn't care what it cost them.  They wouldn't be buying it to crack it open and watch when they get home.

It looks like Amazon sellers are trying to sell it at around $150 used, so if that is the going rate I'd think $225-250 would not be unreasonable.  However if used prices that actually sell are closer to $100, then I would drop that to $150-175.

Probably about $200, but I didn't even buy it when it was $20. Way too not-canon for me.

That's tough, because anyone that would want to buy a sealed copy of it wouldn't care what it cost them. They wouldn't be buying it to crack it open and watch when they get home.

It looks like Amazon sellers are trying to sell it at around $150 used, so if that is the going rate I'd think $225-250 would not be unreasonable. However if used prices that actually sell are closer to $100, then I would drop that to $150-175.
I sold one on amazon for $299, but now I am having second thoughts (I'll get about $245 after fees shipping). I have another sealed one that I can keep. I wonder if I should get it graded or something and cancel the sale. Am I being greedy or do you think it is such a rarity, that I should hold onto both?

If you have two, then I'd say sell that one to that guy.  It stinks that you have to basically pay a $55 advertising fee, but I don't know that you'd be able to get someone to pay $350 or more.  At that point you're reaching the kind of collectors that would have preordered one from Japan, and they most likely already have the US one as well.

Grading it wouldn't be a bad idea if you want to try and get $350-400 for the other one, but then you run into additional grading costs and stuff as well.  If it were me, I'd sell the one, keep the other and see what happens to the used price.  I'd also be a bit nervous about Manga Ent. putting out another copy of Innocence in the US, since they did the non 2.0 release of the first movie.  If they do, doing it this way would still get you a decent amount for that first one you sold and you wouldn't take a hit on both.

If you have two, then I'd say sell that one to that guy. It stinks that you have to basically pay a $55 advertising fee, but I don't know that you'd be able to get someone to pay $350 or more. At that point you're reaching the kind of collectors that would have preordered one from Japan, and they most likely already have the US one as well.

Grading it wouldn't be a bad idea if you want to try and get $350-400 for the other one, but then you run into additional grading costs and stuff as well. If it were me, I'd sell the one, keep the other and see what happens to the used price. I'd also be a bit nervous about Manga Ent. putting out another copy of Innocence in the US, since they did the non 2.0 release of the first movie. If they do, doing it this way would still get you a decent amount for that first one you sold and you wouldn't take a hit on both.
I agree about the reissue. I guess it is better to take the money now on one of them rather than risking next to nothing later. I checked and I don't think there is currently a service that slabs blurays yet. I bet VGA or their sister companies would do it, but it would be about $70 to have it done from what I can tell. The only thing that has me worried is it is going to one of those po boxes places in CA. I assume it is going oversees, so I will have to see what my obligation is in terms of delivery. I remember signature confirmation used to be good enough, but I think they changed that a few years ago. I'm going to purposely wait until tomorrow in case it is a stolen CC.

EDIT: I just read through the site and it seems signature confirmation is enough. I'll print the label through AZ too just in case. I already have the blu in a silver age comic bag folded over, so that is archival and will keep out moisture. I'll ship it in a box too and wrap it well. I hate selling high end stuff, I always worry.

Thanks for the input guys/gals!

So, I am watching my Sailor Moon R Part 2 set and I run into this on Episode 80.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=whtL43rWd28

Anyone else get this?

Still no sign of the Attack on Titan blurays i ordered on Sept 29th during the AoT sale being shipped soon.

Is funimation.com usually this terrible? At this rate, the price will drop elsewhere before I even get them.

Thinking about cancelling.

bread's done
Back