Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Former US Manga corps, Software Sculptors, and Central Park Media disgree with you, well some of their dubs do.
Eh, I could probably count the number of good dubs they made combined on one hand. And even then, a lot of the good VAs they used moved to LA. Whatever talent pool is left in NYC is pretty much all used on Pokémon.

Now and Then, Here and There, Slayers, World of Narue, Record of Lodoss War, Magic User's Club (yes it wasn't stellar, but it was at least good most of the VAs were good to decent), Green Green, I've not watched my Heroic Legend of Arislan dvds, but I heard the dub was good, and, of course, Ah, my goddess.  The dubs for Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai Deeper Kyo weren't that great but they were still a hundred times better than the crap 4kids pumps out, and Maze was also okay.  I didn't mention Twin Signal, Elf Princess Reyn, and Shinesman because they're Coastal Carolina dubs (used the same VAs as the original OMG ovas).  There's probably quite a few more, but those are a bunch just off the top of my head.  And, yes, I know they are older dubs, but that's still more than a handful

Kenshin was an LA dub. Slayers' best VAs were the four main characters and Valgaav. The supporting characters, especially, were bad.

Now and Then had a few good roles, but also had just many really overblown roles that have gotten worse as time went on.

I could actually say that about most NYC dubs. A few good performances drowned out by a bunch of over acting that sounds even worse nowadays. Kind of like early ADV dubs.

Speaking of ADV dubs, Sentai confirmed My Love Story will be getting a dub.

I'd actually consider most of Bandai's, Geneon's, and FUNimation's dubs to be quite good, even back in the early days. ADV was slightly better than NYC dubs, though.

Yay! Atleast I didnt buy it during the holiday season and decided to buy other things before this! So this is definatally a buy...
----------------------------------
So I bought the space dandy s+2 bundle from Funimation on December 3. It came exactly on Christmas Eve. I still havent recieved the bill on my bank account. did they forget to charge me? I saw an authorization when i first bought it... But it disappeared... Anyone have the same experience with Funi?

So I bought the space dandy s+2 bundle from Funimation on December 3. It came exactly on Christmas Eve. I still havent recieved the bill on my bank account. did they forget to charge me? I saw an authorization when i first bought it... But it disappeared... Anyone have the same experience with Funi?
I had pre-ordered a copy of a certain Funi Premium Edition back when it first came available, then a short time later I found it available much cheaper elsewhere, so I emailed Funimation more than two months before the release date, and they cancelled my credit card order. After it released, I got my less-expensive copy in the mail, then a few days later I unexpectedly received a second copy - from Funimation! I checked my credit card statements for a couple of months, and I never got charged for it, either before or after it shipped.

My Noein came in the mail, seems free of defects so i guess it was worth the delay? lol

** Barnes and Noble 10$ off of 100$ coupon, expires the 7th I believe

BNJANUARY is the code.

I had read in this thread some thing about Fry's getting out of the bluray/dvd? Any one have any thing to corroborate this like a news post or some thing. I'm worried the stuff I had in my cart is never coming back in. Stock >,>

So I procrastinated on getting Love Live S1 and now I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone be a hero and tell me where I can get it from?

So I procrastinated on getting Love Live S1 and now I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone be a hero and tell me where I can get it from?
You can pre order the Standard Edition still for $44.99 at RS. If you are talking about the PE it is up at RACS for $88.98.

Yeah, looking for PE. I guess if I get desperate that's an option.

I'll sell one to you for $88.97 just so you don't have to get it from RAC, if you get that desperate.
haha tell me about it.

Didn't love live s1 come out last year, I say that cuz I have it sitting in my collection still wrapped...I will watch it one day.
Sep 02, 2014 was the release date for the 1st pressing. They released a 2nd pressing which was Summer of 15 I think,

So Amazon has a new Princess Mononoke listing for a blu ray being released January 17th.

http://www.amazon.com/Princess-Mononoke-Blu-ray-Claire-Danes/dp/B00MQYDRVM/ref=tmm_blu_title_1?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Does anyone know if this differs from the previous blu ray release?
The picture looks like it has french on it. So maybe its a french version?
There are a few new releases coming out early this year for existing Studio Ghibli titles - they are Canadian releases.

I'll sell one to you for $88.97 just so you don't have to get it from RAC, if you get that desperate.
I doubt I'll get that desperate, but we'll see what happens.

I'm not sure if you care or if it matters to you, but do you realize the PE is subbed only? The new SE includes a dub as well.
I'm fine with subbed only.

Lol dont buy from them. Buy from Elessar or me :D
If either of you give me a better price than RACS I might, but I don't feel desperate enough at the moment to pay that much :p

If either of you give me a better price than RACS I might, but I don't feel desperate enough at the moment to pay that much :p
Well, I put a penny less than RACs, because I'm not actively selling it. I actually pulled out my second copy as part of the stash to get rid of, and after staring at both sides of the cover, I took it out of the stash. It's got very nice art on both sides, and I had plans to display both sides on a picture shelf. But I haven't done it, and don't really need two copies. Thus the whole I'll sell it to you for a penny less than RAC cause I hate RAC.

Heh, I just checked my email and I am totally done with the anime loot crates now. The first month was cute and I was looking forward to the second month as I loved No Game No Life and was excited to see what random item I would get from it...

the email however was about why I didn't have my package yet instead of a shipping confirmation.

apparently they ran into issues with the no game no life item, thus the bundle shipment has been delayed. If that was it I could deal, delays happen, but alas that wasn't it. The main item I was looking forward and pretty much the only reason I subbed to the second month (as while I don't mind fairy tail it wouldn't have been worth it alone for that) has been replaced with a Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers item :/ thus the item I wanted is now an item from a show that was completely forgettable and something I don't want to own anything from :/

thus I contacted them, told them how much the changes sucked, and informed them that while I was interested in the third bundle and was previously going to buy it after I confirmed the second month was still worth it.... I am now bailing, likely never to return because of the change.

Just figured I would share the story here in case anyone thought about signing up for the anime crate later.

edit: apparently this was known 17 days ago, I just missed the original email about it, doesn't change my disappointment :/

on the flip side there is a good chance we will see dragon ball kai majin buu arc in english late this year. so there is at least that.

I'm in the same boat. Really excited when Loot Anime was announced and now I couldn't care less. I cancelled mine on Jan 4th after the NGNL removal and it being over 35 days since I was charged for this box and it still hasn't even shipped.

Heh, I just checked my email and I am totally done with the anime loot crates now. The first month was cute and I was looking forward to the second month as I loved No Game No Life and was excited to see what random item I would get from it...

the email however was about why I didn't have my package yet instead of a shipping confirmation.

apparently they ran into issues with the no game no life item, thus the bundle shipment has been delayed. If that was it I could deal, delays happen, but alas that wasn't it. The main item I was looking forward and pretty much the only reason I subbed to the second month (as while I don't mind fairy tail it wouldn't have been worth it alone for that) has been replaced with a Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers item :/ thus the item I wanted is now an item from a show that was completely forgettable and something I don't want to own anything from :/

thus I contacted them, told them how much the changes sucked, and informed them that while I was interested in the third bundle and was previously going to buy it after I confirmed the second month was still worth it.... I am now bailing, likely never to return because of the change.

Just figured I would share the story here in case anyone thought about signing up for the anime crate later.

edit: apparently this was known 17 days ago, I just missed the original email about it, doesn't change my disappointment :/

on the flip side there is a good chance we will see dragon ball kai majin buu arc in english late this year. so there is at least that.

Honestly, your best bet is to just wait and see what the items are and then scour eBay. Whatever item you want WILL be up for auction and you can easily get it cheaper than the box.

EDIT: A few days ago we were discussing the Godannar releases. I got the latest release by Sentai and aside from it being in a standard-size case with hinged trays, it also includes a fairly thick booklet with pinup art and interviews with the staff.

I'm trying to research the Gundam Wing blu-ray sets and I see on Amazon there are a Limited Edition Box Set that goes for $700 New and a "standard" set that is like $60 new -- should I be concerned that one is a bootleg or is it a legit, non-special edition set? Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Animation-Mobile-Gundam-Blu-Ray-BCXA-795/dp/B00DAOTLEY/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1452403680&sr=1-1&keywords=gundam+wing+bluray

This is the set for Box 1 as well (prior link was for Box 2), so in total maybe about $200 for both sets, which isn't bad, if I combine them on orders...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00H3A2XLE/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=&sr=

There is no Gundam Wing Blu-ray Set in the US. I think there was one in Japan, in which case it probably is a couple hundred dollars (Gundam SEED was going for about $450 from the Aniplex booth at Otakon last year). No idea if the UK has a Wing Blu-ray set.

I'm trying to research the Gundam Wing blu-ray sets and I see on Amazon there are a Limited Edition Box Set that goes for $700 New and a "standard" set that is like $60 new -- should I be concerned that one is a bootleg or is it a legit, non-special edition set? Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Animation-Mobile-Gundam-Blu-Ray-BCXA-795/dp/B00DAOTLEY/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1452403680&sr=1-1&keywords=gundam+wing+bluray

This is the set for Box 1 as well (prior link was for Box 2), so in total maybe about $200 for both sets, which isn't bad, if I combine them on orders...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00H3A2XLE/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=&sr=
Bootleg. It says "Contains English & Japanese Dubs". There is not dual audio set for Gundam Wing out. It is probably this piece of crap: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Wing-Season-1-Blu-Ray-/201499683396

Mind you, I only remember SEED and Age having english subs on the JPN BDs.

I love B Gata H Kei. One of my favorite anime. This is a complete steal. Everyone should get if you want something fun to watch and don't take anime so serious.

Picked up Angelic Layer (Sentai version) from GoHastings. Now, I have had tons of sets from them shipped to me and never had any real problem with them. But this time was different.

The envelope had a giant hole in the same place, so I assume somebody dropped a rigid box on top of it. Luckily, I have plenty of empty 5-disc cases, but still.

^^^

It's a Hastings thing. Happens all the time with me and it sucks.

Side note...and slightly off topic but who is ready for more Love Live! ? :p
Needs more Nozomi.

Tojo-Nozomi-3-love-live-school-idol-project-37571565-500-285.gif

^^^

It's a Hastings thing. Happens all the time with me and it sucks.
Actually, not really for me. Sometimes the thicker boxsets get shattered (such as Spice & Wolf and the James Bond Collection), but standard-size cases usually come in good condition. And I usually buy at least a dozen titles a month from there.

Not completely anime related but... Viewster & Otakon are having a promo where you can get their loot crate box thing for $35 plus a free Otakon 2016 membership ($85+ value). Knowing how Otakon memberships have been getting more and more expensive, I thought it was a scam until I saw it on the Otakon site/Twitter.

Soooo... yeah, if you're in the northeast like I am you're basically getting into the convention for dirt cheap. Godspeed.

https://www.otakon.com/registration.asp

EDIT: Edited price, forgot shipping tacked on $5. The theme this month is Naruto FYI but I think it's a deal only if you're planning on going to Otakon. I'm just going to sell whatever is in the box or give it away.

So I finally recieve my order of the Fairy Tail Five Pack Bundle(Collections vol. 1-5) the Funimation Shop had up last month.  I open up the box and to my surprise I got 5 Fairy Tail Collections....just all collection vol. 1 :wall:

So now I somehow have to contact their CS which seems to be a unfathomable feat within itself since all I could find was a general support form for the base site.

Has anyone dealt with their CS before with a problem?  If so whats the best way to contact them about this?  I appreciate any help.

So I finally recieve my order of the Fairy Tail Five Pack Bundle(Collections vol. 1-5) the Funimation Shop had up last month. I open up the box and to my surprise I got 5 Fairy Tail Collections....just all collection vol. 1 :wall:

So now I somehow have to contact their CS which seems to be a unfathomable feat within itself since all I could find was a general support form for the base site.

Has anyone dealt with their CS before with a problem? If so whats the best way to contact them about this? I appreciate any help.
I find their customer support email through the site and send them a note. They've been really solid in the past for me.

Their customer service has been good for me in the past as well, but does take a bit of time to get everything re-processed and sent out again.

That is just incredibly janky of them to send you five Collection 1s.  I'm not sure why no light clicked for the person packing your order, and thinking to themselves "Why did this person order five Collection 1s?", but instead just pulled them off the shelf and popped them into the box.

Hopefully when they send you the replacement it won't be fulfilled by the same person, lol.

bread's done
Back