Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
So I finally recieve my order of the Fairy Tail Five Pack Bundle(Collections vol. 1-5) the Funimation Shop had up last month. I open up the box and to my surprise I got 5 Fairy Tail Collections....just all collection vol. 1 :wall:

So now I somehow have to contact their CS which seems to be a unfathomable feat within itself since all I could find was a general support form for the base site.

Has anyone dealt with their CS before with a problem? If so whats the best way to contact them about this? I appreciate any help.
They customer service is horror. They messed my ordered last year on cyber monday sale. I emails 3 times but never response back. No phone number, terribles email contact.

Not completely anime related but... Viewster & Otakon are having a promo where you can get their loot crate box thing for $35 plus a free Otakon 2016 membership ($85+ value). Knowing how Otakon memberships have been getting more and more expensive, I thought it was a scam until I saw it on the Otakon site/Twitter.

Soooo... yeah, if you're in the northeast like I am you're basically getting into the convention for dirt cheap. Godspeed.

https://www.otakon.com/registration.asp

EDIT: Edited price, forgot shipping tacked on $5. The theme this month is Naruto FYI but I think it's a deal only if you're planning on going to Otakon. I'm just going to sell whatever is in the box or give it away.
Don't suppose you know if it's only for new Otakon memberships, or if you can renew your registration through this?

Their customer service has been good for me in the past as well, but does take a bit of time to get everything re-processed and sent out again.

That is just incredibly janky of them to send you five Collection 1s. I'm not sure why no light clicked for the person packing your order, and thinking to themselves "Why did this person order five Collection 1s?", but instead just pulled them off the shelf and popped them into the box.

Hopefully when they send you the replacement it won't be fulfilled by the same person, lol.
Kind of interested if that has changed since Uni got their claws into Funi. We already seen that the new shipping it terrible and with packaging. I just hope the CS hasn't changed as they have been pretty fair to me as well.

Recently bought Shigurui Blood Frenzy (bluray) Didn't really care for it, it felt slow and uneven in between what might've been interesting confrontations but maybe I wasn't vested in the story. DID get me through installing W10 though...Anyone see that and have an opinion?

If anyone wants my copy, PM me.

Next is Tora no Quon? a Christmas gift (and the last unknown, my other anime I have gotten recently I have seen before.)

Just an fyi, Rightstuf sent an email survey out asking how you felt about the holiday sale. Be sure to tell them how much of a letdown it was.

You can win a $25 gift card by completing it too.

Just an fyi, Rightstuf sent an email survey out asking how you felt about the holiday sale. Be sure to tell them how much of a letdown it was.
The site and sale models from this year were because of the surveys they sent out after last year's sale, so who knows what will happen after this time. =/

Nozomi announced that Zeta Gundam Set 2 comes out April 5th. The strange thing is that their press release says that the dub is done by Ocean Group Westwood instead of Ocean Group Blue Water.

I doubt Bandai sprung money to have the series redubbed, but I might actually upgrade it if that's the case.

I feel ya. I love Love Live! and it sucks but I at least the are continuing it with something new. And we can look at it like a spinoff. I mean maybe there will be more of Muse. *prays*
No, it sounded like they were done with Mu's. Real idols are retired too, so I think they're emulating it.

You can win a $25 gift card by completing it too.
Last year sale is amazing and i spent over $800+. This year kinda lame & greedy sale and my spent closed to $400. We should see more viz and funimation tittles and more sentai new released. Funi site had crappy sales on both black friday, cyber monday this year and my spent is $0.00 compared to last year $450+. Amazon had few good deal on few funi titles this year! Over all my $$$ on animes is 1/3 spent this year. Hope they have more good tittles on sale in 2016.

Anybody know if RS can adjust your preorder price for things that have dropped in price? I preorded the Death Note Bluray Omega Edition when it was $70 with Paypal and now its $53. Should I just cancel and reorder?

Anybody know if RS can adjust your preorder price for things that have dropped in price? I preorded the Death Note Bluray Omega Edition when it was $70 with Paypal and now its $53. Should I just cancel and reorder?
Just contact the rightstuf customer service team by opening a case and ask them about it. They are very easy to deal with and have been more than helpful whenever I had a problem!

Recently bought Shigurui Blood Frenzy (bluray) Didn't really care for it, it felt slow and uneven in between what might've been interesting confrontations but maybe I wasn't vested in the story. DID get me through installing W10 though...Anyone see that and have an opinion?

If anyone wants my copy, PM me.

Next is Tora no Quon? a Christmas gift (and the last unknown, my other anime I have gotten recently I have seen before.)
While it is a bit slow I actually liked it a lot (I like other "bad" anime tho so...) and some how i own it on dvd and blu.

As for "Towa" (assuming that's what you meant) No Quon, it's not bad. I feel like that one is slow as well but if you like X-Men then you should enjoy it.

I find their customer support email through the site and send them a note. They've been really solid in the past for me.
The only form of contacting them I found was this submission system, https://www.funimation.com/support.%C2

Their customer service has been good for me in the past as well, but does take a bit of time to get everything re-processed and sent out again.

That is just incredibly janky of them to send you five Collection 1s. I'm not sure why no light clicked for the person packing your order, and thinking to themselves "Why did this person order five Collection 1s?", but instead just pulled them off the shelf and popped them into the box.

Hopefully when they send you the replacement it won't be fulfilled by the same person, lol.
I know, it not the weirdest screw up I've ever had, but it's a top contender. You know though now that I had time to think about I can see how someone might have mistaken it. Since it was listed as Fairy Tail Five Pack (Collections 1-5), instead of reading it as Collections 1 through 5 as they should have, they could thought it was just collection 1 times 5. That is if want to get them the benefit of the doubt. Still your right, regardless it still should have set off a few bells for someone but it still got through.

They customer service is horror. They messed my ordered last year on cyber monday sale. I emails 3 times but never response back. No phone number, terribles email contact.
Well if worse comes to worse, I can file a claim with Paypal. Hopefully it won't come to that though.

Well thanks for the responses guys.

You do need to call Customer Service - but they will no longer just do a price adjustment - what they do is camcel your old order and create a new order - so you will lose your reserved place in line for when your order gets filled and shipped; your new order goes to the end of the line, so it may delay your shipping by a day or two...

saekanolifesize01.jpg

Aniplex will sell a total of 10 life-size figures measuring 158cm (62in) for 1.98 million yen (US$16,751) to 10 lucky winners in a lottery.

Wow, I hope for that price they are anatomically correct, to at least make them useful... Ha! My luck I'd win a Shinji figure, though...  :wall:

For the price of that statue, you better be able to do more than just look at it. A one night stand is cheaper than that.

saekanolifesize01.jpg

Aniplex will sell a total of 10 life-size figures measuring 158cm (62in) for 1.98 million yen (US$16,751) to 10 lucky winners in a lottery.
Might as well get some extra usage out of this gif
Homer-BlankStare-1.gif
Edit: See, this is why I don't like Aniplex. I can get a life-sized figure that's just as good from Funimation for $8000

oh hey... rightstuf is having a yen press sale.

perhaps it's time to get more light novels for me lol.

anyone have any recommendations for light novels that haven't been made into anime yet?

oh hey... rightstuf is having a yen press sale.

perhaps it's time to get more light novels for me lol.

anyone have any recommendations for light novels that haven't been made into anime yet?
I think the only ones they licensed that haven't had an anime are Kieli, Book Girl (Was a film I believe though), and Pandora Hearts Caucas race.

Definitely getting the new Overlord and Baccano coming out (In addition to the many preorders I already have down <.<)

Info per Asuras

FUNimation April Solicitation up:

http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop_Filter.ss?scategory=all&sortbyvalue=5&stype=23&pagenum=1&sf=sf&pagesetnum=1

GARO The Animation pt 1

Rage of Bahamut LE

Rage of Bahamut Combo Pack

Kamisama Kiss S2 Combp Pack

Black Butler S3 LE

Black Bulter S3 Combo Pack

Maken Ki! S2 Combo Pack

Ghost in the Shell: Arise (The Movie) - Looks like an "LE"

Ghost in the Shell: Arise Combo Pack

Kind of sad that Maken and Kiss didn't get LE's. But I guess this is the direction Funi is going. Date Alive S2 isn't getting an LE either.

And God Funi with the prices lol.

Already saw Ghost in the Shell The Movie at the theater, and also got the JP blu-ray release back in October... so not sure if I will bother with the Funi release. I also have Pyrophoric Cult on Blu-ray, which is still missing here.  

Definitely chomping at the bit for the Bahamut LE, though... And was Black Butler 3 any good?  I actually liked the first two seasons pretty much, even the less-popular second season... 

If anyone cares Nozomi Ent. is releasing Magic Users' Club in April
OVA - http://www.rightstufanime.com/Magic-Users-Club-OVA-Series-DVD
TV - http://www.rightstufanime.com/Magic-Users-Club-TV-Series-DVD

People are complaining that they are releasing them separately, but apparently that was part of the license deal. $60 MSRP for 6 really good ovas, and a decent 13 episode tv series is a good deal.
Great price. The OVA was the very first digital fansub I ever watched, in Real Media format, I think.

https://youtu.be/aMJpI_fEsA4

So.....this will definitely be the very first purchase from Aniplex for me. Held off until now, but can't resist this as all.

I think they said they will be releasing it over two sets, at.......$130 retail.....each. Better prep the wallet now.

bread's done
Back