Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to have to add a disclaimer to only watch Kanon if you can stand mentally damaged moe girls, because every damn girl in that series ends every damn sentence with a random sound or word because it's "cute" #_#

personally I would never inflict that show on anyone :p.
I don't remember anyone besides Makoto and Ayu doing that. Makoto does the little growl for obvious reasons, and Ayu is an idiot and is mocked for it.

The show is pretty dang good other than that, so I think those two things don't really warrant "not wishing the show on anyone."

I don't remember anyone besides Makoto and Ayu doing that. Makoto does the little growl for obvious reasons, and Ayu is an idiot and is mocked for it.

The show is pretty dang good other than that, so I think those two things don't really warrant "not wishing the show on anyone."
there is like 6 or 7 of them that do it.

it annoys the crap out of me in general :p

granted in general my rules on life are

Moe = burn it with fire :p

I have Children Who Chase Lost Voices on my DVR since Toonami aired it.  Looks like I have a reason to watch it now.

And thanks for the recommendation on I Am A Hero. It would be nice to read more manga that wasn't turned into a TV series.

I grabbed Ergo Proxy, Fairy Tail Collection 6 (pre-order), and Unbreakable Machine Doll SAVE Edition (really cheap for a pre-order!). Think it ended up being $95. Great deal @ BestBuy.

First of all, when did they even announce this? Second, how did you get it for $80 when those are listed for like 50 each? Did the price go up? Finally, I finally just bought the dvds of this show a few months ago. Wtf.

First of all, when did they even announce this? Second, how did you get it for $80 when those are listed for like 50 each? Did the price go up? Finally, I finally just bought the dvds of this show a few months ago. Wtf.
With the BestBuy deal that Zulu mentioned earlier.

I just found out how ridiculously cheap CrunchyRoll and Funimation streaming services are. Why are we still paying 30 plus bucks for anime on DVD nowadays? These services put buying them physical to shame... `_`

I don't think there has been an official announcement as far as I know, but amazon, rightstuf, and best buy all have pre-orders.

I just found out how ridiculously cheap CrunchyRoll and Funimation streaming services are. Why are we still paying 30 plus bucks for anime on DVD nowadays? These services put buying them physical to shame... `_`
I've definitely cut down my purchases since Crunchyroll went legit. There's only so much anime I can watch anyway, and my backlog is already atrocious as it is.

The other day I found an unopened Escaflowne DVD set (the one with the action figure) in my room. I watched it way back when Anime Village releases the VHS tapes, and figured I'd buy the dvds. Turns out I shouldn't have bothered, I probably won't even get to watching it on Blu until the next format takes over.

So I just realized I can use this Visa Checkout thing multiple times....so I went and got Vision of Escaflowne Part 1+2 and Date A Live S1. Then went and got the Mass Effect Andromeda RC car and used a $5 GC I had from a Black Friday deal. Really sweet haul here lol.

Some people like myself, simply enjoy owning physical copies of series/movies they enjoy. And some things are not available to legally stream on Crunchyroll/Funimation.

Put a last order in with Righstuf of the more unknown quantity shows and miscellaneous knick knacks. Gantz, Texhnolyze (prepare to be depressed!), Guyver, Girl's High Complete (comedy relief) and FFU CD soundtrack cuz why not.

Some people like myself, simply enjoy owning physical copies of series/movies they enjoy. And some things are not available to legally stream on Crunchyroll/Funimation.
I prefer to buy as well, but I am really tempted to subscribe to one of these services. There is a lot of anime I want to watch, but funds are limited and I am running out of room for all my games, music, and movies. There also is a lot of anime that I'd probably only watch once. I think I should try watching more and only picking up the stuff I really want.

I'm thinking about dropping netflix and getting one of these subscriptions. Which one has the best selection of stuff? I was looking at Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Hulu. I might lean toward funimation since they have more dubbed stuff, which I have a preference for.

I prefer to buy as well, but I am really tempted to subscribe to one of these services. There is a lot of anime I want to watch, but funds are limited and I am running out of room for all my games, music, and movies. There also is a lot of anime that I'd probably only watch once. I think I should try watching more and only picking up the stuff I really want.

I'm thinking about dropping netflix and getting one of these subscriptions. Which one has the best selection of stuff? I was looking at Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Hulu. I might lean toward funimation since they have more dubbed stuff, which I have a preference for.
crunchy has the most stuff at this point and will be eventually getting pretty much every show funimation has they won't have any dubs aside from maybe a select few though as they struck a deal with funimation.

funimation gets the dubbed shows including crunchy shows that are getting dubbed.

and hulu... idk... I don't like hulu so I ignore it.

so yeah basically crunchy = subs... funi = dubs.

you will get plenty of shows from the new seasons on both, but funimation has a few week delay on most of theirs as they dub them.

edit: just got my mail and had korra in it. indeed the full series for $15. thanks again person who posted it.

I hated Hulu til I got the no commercial add-on. Now I watch it more than Netflix.
I got a free 3 month sub for being part of neon ally when they moved to there.

it had auto renew on by default, and I do what I do with any service with auto renew and cancelled it shortly after I got it.

well hulu disables your premium account as soon as you do (or at least they did for me) and thus my 3 month sub turned into an 8 hour sub and thus I refuse to use it anymore as it was just a crummy experience.

Did Crunchyroll announce whether or not they would also be releasing the original Berserk series on blu ray?  I saw this listing on Amazon UK, and am debating about whether or not to order it.

Berserk (1997) Region B - BD Approximately $37 shipped

Also, while trying to find the answer to that question I saw that apparently some scenes in the 2016 series were redone with 2D animation for the blu ray instead of the CGI from TV.  The scene I saw looked good, but I'm not sure how much of the show was redone.  (This was from October, so it is old news.  I figured I'd share it anyway)

Did Crunchyroll announce whether or not they would also be releasing the original Berserk series on blu ray? I saw this listing on Amazon UK, and am debating about whether or not to order it.

Berserk (1997) Region B - BD Approximately $37 shipped

Also, while trying to find the answer to that question I saw that apparently some scenes in the 2016 series were redone with 2D animation for the blu ray instead of the CGI from TV. The scene I saw looked good, but I'm not sure how much of the show was redone. (This was from October, so it is old news. I figured I'd share it anyway)
No one's picked it up yet,but I expect someone too. Were probably not going to see it for like a yearost likely (the show wasn't exactly a looker anyway).

The blu-ray's did fix some of the animation issues of the new show,but the main issue besides the animation was the direction,which was atrociou for the most part. The original show looks like shit too,yet it uses great shot composite,music,and direction to make up for it.

I got a free 3 month sub for being part of neon ally when they moved to there.

it had auto renew on by default, and I do what I do with any service with auto renew and cancelled it shortly after I got it.

well hulu disables your premium account as soon as you do (or at least they did for me) and thus my 3 month sub turned into an 8 hour sub and thus I refuse to use it anymore as it was just a crummy experience.
Amazon Prime cancels when you cancel too. I think Spotify does too. A lot of places do this.

I also happened to find an unopened 8 disc DVD set of the complete series of Escaflowne in my closet yesterday. It's the Anime Legends version. I had bought it many years ago and never opened it, however I still have never seen it so I plan to watch it one of these days! A great find.

https://www.amazon.com/Escaflowne-Complete-Collection-Super-Legends/dp/B002KLALC4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1481666967&sr=8-6&keywords=escaflowne
Hate to break it to you, but it was re-released on Blu-ray/dvd for like $60.

I also happened to find an unopened 8 disc DVD set of the complete series of Escaflowne in my closet yesterday. It's the Anime Legends version. I had bought it many years ago and never opened it, however I still have never seen it so I plan to watch it one of these days! A great find.

https://www.amazon.com/Escaflowne-Complete-Collection-Super-Legends/dp/B002KLALC4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1481666967&sr=8-6&keywords=escaflowne
Sell your DVDs and buy the blu ray instead :D

Amazon Prime cancels when you cancel too. I think Spotify does too. A lot of places do this.

Hate to break it to you, but it was re-released on Blu-ray/dvd for like $60.
prime must be a recent change, when I was buying prime on my own a few years back I wasn't required to keep auto renew activated to keep my account on prime.

the stuff i actually sign up for doesn't such as crunchy or funimation or playstation plus... and in general I won't support a company that requires you to have auto renew active to keep your premium membership :/ (i understand most will automatically start auto renew though, which is fine as long as it isn't a pain to turn it off :p)

prime must be a recent change, when I was buying prime on my own a few years back I wasn't required to keep auto renew activated to keep my account on prime.

the stuff i actually sign up for doesn't such as crunchy or funimation or playstation plus... and in general I won't support a company that requires you to have auto renew active to keep your premium membership :/ (i understand most will automatically start auto renew though, which is fine as long as it isn't a pain to turn it off :p)

By cancelling your Hulu subscription, you will continue to have access to the Hulu service until the end of your billing cycle, but will not be charged at the start of your next billing cycle.
Maybe it's a promo-specific thing? And I'm not talking about Amazon auto-renew. I'm talking about canceling Prime.

Rightstuf got this GotAnime? Membership. Is it worth it and does it work with these sales?
It does not stack with the sale and also cannot be applied to premium stuff like Aniplex releases and figures. Since the price increase, I don't think it's worth it anymore unless you order a ton from them.

Finally placed an order on the RS sale. Picked up:

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (blu), Tokyo Majin (dvd), Ef a tale double pack (dvd), Bodacious Space Pirates (dvd), The Book of Bantorra (blu), Kino's Journey (dvd), Sankarea (blu), and Shiki (blu). Total about $170.

Had a big list and narrowed it down to those. Might cave and grab a couple more sometime.

I don't want to resell my Escaflowne 8 DVD set, I will gladly watch it and keep it! My Xbox One upscales my DVD's to 1080p, anyways. DVD's are just fine! They are great, even.

Huh.  I didn't even notice that the Got Anime membership went up to $18.

Of course it's still the same principle as before; if you'll spend more than $180 throughout the year on things that aren't part of clearance/Christmas sales (or the "premium" companies) then it's worth getting a membership.

Huh. I didn't even notice that the Got Anime membership went up to $18.

Of course it's still the same principle as before; if you'll spend more than $180 throughout the year on things that aren't part of clearance/Christmas sales (or the "premium" companies) then it's worth getting a membership.
I was about to say, when did the price go up?

Apparently this is the first time I ordered from rightstuf since the site redesign. They said I can use code [SIZE=10.5pt]RSWELCOME[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] for 5% off. Wish I could've used that before. It can probably be used by anybody. So give it a shot if you're ordering anything that's not part of the sale.[/SIZE]

There may still be a week or two of Limited Time Offers, but those are basically just going to be manga and stuff from Viz, so nothing that'll blow you out of the water left.

I don't want to resell my Escaflowne 8 DVD set, I will gladly watch it and keep it! My Xbox One upscales my DVD's to 1080p, anyways. DVD's are just fine! They are great, even.
And some of us will enjoy a nice remaster with HD audio. [emoji14]

Sent from my ZTE Axon 7 using TapaTalk.

bread's done
Back