Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Got in on the Code Geass CE backorder...also picked up Psycho Pass, though I feel like it will go much cheaper later around Thanksgiving/Xmas.

and in case I missed any other from this list.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10138488-animes-blu-ray-movies-sale-overlord-the-complete-series-25-99-wolf-s-rain-the-complete-series-19-99-claymore-the-complete-series-13-49-many-more-via-amazon?utm_source=rss&utm_content=def&utm_medium=RSS2

and digging around

High School Dxd Born: Season Three $22.99

Dance in the Vampire Bund: The Complete Series S.A.V.E. $8.99 (DVD)

im so in on code geass blu ray even knowing I am going to have to contact funimation about replacement disks. though does anyone have a link for that, as I can't seem to find a link to request such things.
Thanks so much. I ordered Barakamon for an unbelievable price.

Man saved me a bunch of money on these deals. Got Eureka 7, BL S1/S2, Code Geass S1/S2. Was tempted on Soul Eater but i'll probably watch that series on Netflix. Thanks again. Less money spent at ACEN this year!

If you're like me and own the entire series thanks to Bandai, you can. :razz:
I am like you and own the entire series from Bandai already though! :D

But want this one too since I'm a sucker for super cheap CEs. ^__^

Just look at how I got suckered into the Akame ga Kill and Parasyte CEs from awhile back. :p

I am like you and own the entire series from Bandai already though! :D

But want this one too since I'm a sucker for super cheap CEs. ^__^

Just look at how I got suckered into the Akame ga Kill and Parasyte CEs from awhile back. :p
Ditto. Just bought the Code Geass CE. I have S1 and S2 normal blu rays. But if this set comes through, I'll just resell those that I bought earlier.

Eureka Seven for 18 bucks...worth it? Watched the first couple episodes and it didn't really grab me.
the first oh half of eureka seven isn't great. it isn't bad but especially the first 13 eps or so the main characters just kind of suck.

the second half though is really really good.

Sort of regret not buying Eureka Seven now. Well, here's hoping for next time.

Sorry that you couldn't get Barakamon. Never finished it, so I'm happy to get it. For what it was so far, it's really pleasant.

Those were some crazy prices! Grabbed the Code Geass CE and Black Lagoon. I was tempted to grab more, but somehow I had self-control. 

Picked up 2 copies CODE GEASS COMPLETE CE around 3:10 AM.  After placed my 1st ordered.  I spotted Wolf's Rain for $20.  I search the page little bit and picked up 5 more titles:  Certain Magical Index Season 2, World Break CE, Dragonar Academy, Barakomon,  and few more!   I don't have much time left and it's almost 3:40AM.  I must be at work 4:00 AM.  One of the Best deal ever.  "all mine items is shipped "ON THE WAY" :)

Placed 10 orders on my way into work.

Code Geass
Wolf's Rain
Black Lagoon 1+2
Barakomon
Gunslinger Girl 1+2
Certain Magical Index II
Full Metal Panic
Eureka Seven
C3
FLCL

Total of $167.87 including tax .. plus I'll get $10 digital credit for slow shipping.

Sky Wizards Academy, World Break, Tokyo Ghoul vA, Brothers Conflict, and Free! WHY DIDNT I PICK THOSE UP ;_;

Snagged two CG though. Glad I sold my DVDs right before the BD announcement lol

Funimation heavy or not, was at work when this insanity went down so only just now seeing what madness transpired while I was scrubbing toilets.

mine says may 18th.
Ha, I wouldn't hold your breath for that May 18th date :p

I too received both my Fist of the North Star boxsets...eventually, but only after I contacted Amazon customer service and they sent it via a third party seller.

If anyone gets Wolf's Rain, can you post if the Blu quality is worth the upgrade over the Bandai DVDs? The series went back to normal price when I made my purchase but it'd be nice to know if I should hold on to my original set before double-dipping.

Speaking of wait times, my Eureka and Barakamon are estimated to ship between 5/31 and 6/13... I am a patient person. (Please don't arrive smashed...)

This threads been pretty dead than all this happens, man I would have picked up code Geass for a friend.
Oh well.
In other news all caught up on space brothers manga as well and disappointed that it's only available digital in English as far as I can tell, I totally would have picked up the manga in print if I could.

This threads been pretty dead than all this happens, man I would have picked up code Geass for a friend.
Oh well.
In other news all caught up on space brothers manga as well and disappointed that it's only available digital in English as far as I can tell, I totally would have picked up the manga in print if I could.
Well frankly this thread's attitude kind of sucks.

People get pissy when others are just discussing anime. Then when people actually post deals no one gives any thanks.

Then when people actually post deals no one gives any thanks.
A good point.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who posted information on this recent smattering of Amazon anime deals. Thank you. These were really great deals. I was able to take advantage of several of the items on offer to shore up holes in my high-definition anime collection. I am genuinely grateful for everyone who contributed to spreading the word on these brief but highly desirable offers.

A good point.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who posted information on this recent smattering of Amazon anime deals. Thank you. These were really great deals. I was able to take advantage of several of the items on offer to shore up holes in my high-definition anime collection. I am genuinely grateful for everyone who contributed to spreading the word on these brief but highly desirable offers.
Just 'Like' the post, especially if you bought something from a link someone shared. That's all it takes.

Just 'Like' the post, especially if you bought something from a link someone shared. That's all it takes.
I normally give thanks where thanks are deserved. I also like that it's not just deals in this thread. The conversations normally amount to info that can initiate future buy or are just anime related. The steam thread is the same if these two threads were nothing but deals for me I may not return everyday like I do becuase let's be honest new deals don't arise every day.

Ha, I wouldn't hold your breath for that May 18th date :p

I too received both my Fist of the North Star boxsets...eventually, but only after I contacted Amazon customer service and they sent it via a third party seller.
I won't be getting it on may 18th.

in fact I got shipping confirmation so it will be here tomorrow >.>

I received Code Geass and C³ from the Amazon sale today. I'm still waiting on Haganai and FLCL which are supposed to arrive today as well.

Got all mine orders from amazon today.  2 copies Code Geass CE, Barakamon, Dragonar Academy, A Certain Magical Index 2, Brothers Conflict CE, World Break, Wolf's Rain ;) 

Save the mail man stuffing my mail box as if his life depended on it, everything came in just fine. Thanks again for the heads up everyone, that was an amazing piece of sale.

bread's done
Back