Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my FLCL, Magical index season 2, and Eureka 7 collections have arrived (yesterday), just waiting for my code geass collection. 

Received 8 of the 10 items yesterday from the Amazon sale ... in 2 different packages.

1 set arrived in a bubble mailer.

7 items arrived in a big box. All items were loose in the box. A couple had minor damage to slip covers that I don't think was due to packaging or shipment.

Interestingly enough, Code Geass arrived in the big box with 7 other sets ... but it was wrapped in bubble wrap, whereas everything else in the box had no extra protection.

Question about the Digimon Tri bluray release. It looks like amazon is the only one with the slipcase and the digital download? I don't see it mentioned on bestbuy's site.

Question about the Digimon Tri bluray release. It looks like amazon is the only one with the slipcase and the digital download? I don't see it mentioned on bestbuy's site.
My copy from best buy came with a digital copy though it's the shitty old version of DC

It's actually a slipcover and not a slipcase. A slipcover fits over the top while a slipbox usually slides in from the side.
And the term slipcase is used by mainly Europeans as here it is called a slipbox. But no Amazon isn't the only one with the slipcover. My WM had 5 copies with the slipcover and then BB had 3 copies with slipcover.

[attachment=26623:slipcover.jpeg]

How I look like when I get an order without a slipcover... My siblings think I'm crazy when I complain and rant to them...

Just got my digimon. I'm a tad disappointed that the slipcasecover is not metallic shiny. It seems like it should be considering the shade of grey and the next volume looks like it would look good shiny too.

Also got my rightstuf order(hentai). Glad I didn't have to wait till monday.

And Fire Emblem Echoes too. It's gonna be a good weekend.

I must be the only person who hates those things... thrown out a ton.
No, I also despise O-card slipcovers with their bare, exposed-cut edges top and bottom - they are an asinine design that way too easily gets creased, crushed, or mushroomed edges that then looks like crap on the media shelf. I only bother to keep the slipcovers for any resale value down the road, otherwise I would pile them all up in the backyard to roast marshmallows over the fire... I much prefer buying Sentai releases that never come with slips in the first place, so I don't have to deal with them. Give me a side-load slipcase or slipbox any day - at least those have nice, finished, folded edges and don't damage nearly as easily, and the also look much nicer on a shelf because the top is an enclosed surface so the ugly blue cases inside aren't showing. O-cards should be outlawed.

Neoz "slipcase" triggered :lol:
uhh duhhh. :p

Oh mine was bent in slightly. Typical amazon bubble mailer.
This happens to me as well. Both with Amazon and Best Buy. Sucks as I hate getting them damaged. :(

No, I also despise O-card slipcovers with their bare, exposed-cut edges top and bottom - they are an asinine design that way too easily gets creased, crushed, or mushroomed edges that then looks like crap on the media shelf. I only bother to keep the slipcovers for any resale value down the road, otherwise I would pile them all up in the backyard to roast marshmallows over the fire... I much prefer buying Sentai releases that never come with slips in the first place, so I don't have to deal with them. Give me a side-load slipcase or slipbox any day - at least those have nice, finished, folded edges and don't damage nearly as easily, and the also look much nicer on a shelf because the top is an enclosed surface so the ugly blue cases inside aren't showing. O-cards should be outlawed.
You could have sent them to me...tsk tsk.

Just got my digimon. I'm a tad disappointed that the slipcasecover is not metallic shiny. It seems like it should be considering the shade of grey and the next volume looks like it would look good shiny too.

Also got my rightstuf order(hentai). Glad I didn't have to wait till monday.

And Fire Emblem Echoes too. It's gonna be a good weekend.
I'm waiting to buy more hentai until anime-expo, I always end up with a lot, cheap.

The Big O Blu Ray is here.

Playing Disc 1 with no issues.
That is one of the advantages of ordering from Right Stuf. When they get stock in, they ship. It doesn't matter to them when the theoretical "street date" is. Have stock, will ship. It doesn't always work out to the consumers advantage, but every once in a while you get a pre-ordered item a few weeks before everyone else. It's a nice feeling, and particularly good for providing early reviews to your fellow consumers who have to wait. (hint hint)

That is one of the advantages of ordering from Right Stuf. When they get stock in, they ship. It doesn't matter to them when the theoretical "street date" is. Have stock, will ship. It doesn't always work out to the consumers advantage, but every once in a while you get a pre-ordered item a few weeks before everyone else.
I didn't realize this was common. I thought Rightstuf might get in trouble for breaking release date.

It's a nice feeling, and particularly good for providing early reviews to your fellow consumers who have to wait. (hint hint)
I can't compare this to the box sets .... but I can compare it to the individual volumes Bandai releases I still own (which I plan to compare another time). First impressions:

- The "Flash Gordon" intro is gone and replaced with "The Show Must Go On". But the song does appear in the Japanese commercial sections. I say "sections" because they spread out the special features amongst the four discs.

- The text interviews from the Bandai discs are gone. Instead, we get a 25 minute video interview from one of the creators - with questions asked by the Japanese voice actor for Roger Smith.

- With the exception of episode titles, there is no English text in the videos - pure Kanji. That includes the ED as Sentai showed a separate credits screen translated in English once the next episode preview ended.

- You can only turn on subtitles if you are playing the Japanese audio track. I don't know if this is the same translation as the Bandai discs but the only way I can find out is if I play both versions at the same time.

We're just going to let "a leg to stand on" go by without a joke?  Without some kind of a joke with a numerical nature?  Perhaps one found somewhere between the 2nd and 4th legs of the great joke race?  

I actually can't think of one either. 

Sentai's having another flash sale. Some things are not that cheap. But a few decent prices if you were looking for something specific. Wakaba girls is $12.

I've never seen a good sale on these sentai flash sales. Amazon always has better prices and Sentai's shipping is ridiculous.

Parasyte the Maxim is awesome, I recommend getting it or at least watching it. Good story with a nice dynamic to the villains, and the visuals are sharp and fluid.

bread's done
Back