Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just got my Funimation order and it came with Attack on Titan: Before the Fall LN, which I didn't order. Was this a bonus item during the Black Friday sale that everyone got or did they fuck up?
My FUNi order got messed up too. They sent me Eureka Seven and Haruhi when I ordered Kenshin live movie 1, Nichijou, and Wolf’s Rain. Returned the wrong items and was told my order will be resent. Got a box today and just Kenshin was in there. I also got my credit card statement and noticed they only charged me for two items, which can explain the screw up. Emailed them photos and a copy of my order confirmation. My goodness. Someone really messed up because I’ve ordered from them twice before and no issues...

So I just got my Funimation order and it came with Attack on Titan: Before the Fall LN, which I didn't order. Was this a bonus item during the Black Friday sale that everyone got or did they fuck up?
During the black friday sale I think there was some kinda thing where if you bought a certain attack on titan thing they bundled the light novel for free but I can't recall. They probably threw it in by accident.

So I perhaps realized this too late, but it seems like Katanagatari is out of print? When does NISA lose the license on that so someone else can pick it up and sell it in a non-obtuse set?

So I perhaps realized this too late, but it seems like Katanagatari is out of print? When does NISA lose the license on that so someone else can pick it up and sell it in a non-obtuse set?
Yeah, for quite a while I believe. They never put out a standard release for it, so if you were avoiding it for that reason then you missed the boat. You'll just have to hope that someone picks it up down the line. Unless NISA says that they no longer have the license, there's no way to know how long it was for.

in general the license is for around 10 years, sometimes 15 and sometimes 20.

so yeah, you have until whatever 10 years after the first release is, unless someone buys the license from them :p

Someone needs to pry away the license of the Kenshin TV serie from Media Blasters — but I believe that Aniplex technically owns it? Ugh.

Pretty sure a Blu-ray release may not happen considering what happened with Watsuki. If anything, I figured it would have happened a few years ago when the live action came out or on the show’s 20th anniversary.

Apparently if you buy $10 worth of stuff and add the $1 mystery box item to your cart, then answer a riddle, you could get the $1 item for free and only pay $10 before shipping instead of $11. What a steal and a deal.

Apparently if you buy $10 worth of stuff and add the $1 mystery box item to your cart, then answer a riddle, you could get the $1 item for free and only pay $10 before shipping instead of $11. What a steal and a deal.
what are you talking about

what are you talking about
This lol. Sometimes it helps to add more details. ;)

Per RS email via GA members.

This Is Your Riddle:

Some find me as a terrifying milestone
As all must go through me
I'm as even as the number eight
In July, I sat on top of Right Stuf's birthday cake

Hint: When it Rome, XXX Marks the Spot

For any order you place worth at least $10, get a free $5 Blind Box. Make sure to add the $5 Blind Box to your order and then enter your answer in the Promo field at checkout. If you have the correct answer, your blind box is FREE!

*Limit One Free Blind Box Per Order. But you can place as many orders and get as many Free blind boxes as you want until the code expires 12/10 at 11:59pm cst... as long as you have the right answer
icon_wink.gif

I found a bunch of goodies, but I think I'll wait another year for prices to go down. I still have tons of unwatched shows from the last couple years of sales, so I don't want to add even more to the stock pile. Plus maybe they'll consolidate some of these annoying collection 1/2 boxes into complete collections at reasonable prices.

sentai holiday sale.

not sure if there are any major price changes, but I figured anyone who spent enough to get a gift card to spend this month would like to know about it.

https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/the-sentai-holiday-sale-2017?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Twittter&utm_campaign=holidaySale

some of the premium editions are clearly more than the 50% off they were before though.
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up, time to use the gift card.

Correct me if I'm wrong, does Sentai Filmworks have free-shipping on all orders around New-Years?
They do free shipping on domestic orders totaling over $75.

Okay, need an opinion for:

No Game No Life

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is a real tear inducer. The animation is excellent and the story/plot are well executed. Just prepare to cry.

No Game No Life

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
No game no life was my AOTY in 2014, though you have to be able to tolerate some fan service.

Tokyo Magnitude is a nice watch, but by the end you are going to either love it or hate it, the show doesn't leave much room for middle ground opinions lol.

and the sentai sale should have free shipping at $50 right now.

No Game No Life
I love NGNL. It's smart, fun, and very appealing to fans of anime and gaming. Good English dub too. I really hope it gets a second season to continue the story.

Anyone know when NGNL Zero is getting a retail release?

-Update- Found the answer. Zero releases February 23 in Japan.

If someone if thinking of buying some of these Sentai blu-rays I can recommend:

- fate stay/night

- No Game, No Life

- Knights of Sidonia

- Chaika

- Log Horizon

- Akame Ga Killl

in that order. 

I haven't seen several of their newer series' and have a large list of things I want to get still.  Several of the standard sets are good deals but the premium boxes really aren't.

Good prices on some stuff I want to eventually get like Big O and the GATE standard version but Amagi premium is what I really want the most. Knowing it was $55-ish before makes me hesitant. That and I have to pay second day shipping because I live in Hawaii so I’d rather order in bulk.

Debating log horizon complete for 50. Seems pretty cheap for 50 episodes. But i kinda want it to be 40 but that's probably pushing it

sentai holiday sale.

not sure if there are any major price changes, but I figured anyone who spent enough to get a gift card to spend this month would like to know about it.

https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/the-sentai-holiday-sale-2017?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Twittter&utm_campaign=holidaySale

some of the premium editions are clearly more than the 50% off they were before though.
Grrr! The school live premium box is $51.99. I bought it at $60.99 during black friday. I don't know why I believed them when their email said "Your favorites will never be this low again!" but I had hoped it wouldn't drop lower just 2 weeks later.

The GuP movie I bought is also lower. I hate you sentai.

Debating log horizon complete for 50. Seems pretty cheap for 50 episodes. But i kinda want it to be 40 but that's probably pushing it
I bought all four volumes exactly one year ago (on a good Christmas sale) for $20.99 + 24.99 + 27.99 + 31.99 = $105. So yeah at $52 the complete collection is a good deal, and about as good as it's going to get.

The ~600min shows bottom out at around $30-40 during sales. The Log Horizon set is double that length at four cours.

Good prices on some stuff I want to eventually get like Big O and the GATE standard version but Amagi premium is what I really want the most. Knowing it was $55-ish before makes me hesitant. That and I have to pay second day shipping because I live in Hawaii so I’d rather order in bulk.
I want Amagi premium as well. Doe anyone know how much it was back in july? NGNL premium box set and is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon were 51.99 and 52.99 during the july sale but I don't remember what Amagi price was then.

I want Amagi premium as well. Doe anyone know how much it was back in july? NGNL premium box set and is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon were 51.99 and 52.99 during the july sale but I don't remember what Amagi price was then.
I picked it up in June for 57.99
Also my love story was 63.99 at that time of anyone was wondering

I picked it up in June for 57.99
Also my love story was 63.99 at that time of anyone was wondering
Yep, and here I thought it would drop down to even lower considering what Sentai gave us last year. Sure fooled me. Hopefully it doesn’t go OOP before I can get it for a decent price. I stopped paying $70-90 for the Sentai premium sets and pre-ordering them knowing they’d dip in price eventually.

you should also look into

From the new world

Chihayafuru

food wars

gate

:p
Chihayafuru and Food Wars are indisputably awesome. Gate is good, but I can see people not caring for it. From the New World is definitely a matter of taste and not for everyone. There are tons of great Sentai shows on sale though. World God Only Knows finally has a complete collection and is a mix of comedy and drama with a small dollop of romance. Mostly comedy though.

Are any of the sentai titles from the sentail sale a really good price? The gate is 39.99 and seems like a decent price.

so I don't know if anyone else imported anime from madman entertainment (Australia) but if you did check your emails, as I just got a code for 25% off a future order that is good until the end of jan. Doesn't seem like there is limitation if things are on sale or not.

the chihiyafuru premium edition is on sale for $60 the next two days.

if you are like me and bought the DVD version that is trading in for $35 on amazon right now. which means the upgrade from dvd to premium is only $25.

bread's done
Back