Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

Yurikuma Arashi episode 1... WTF did I just watch. I think I'm done after one episode.

Assassination Classroom was really good. Looking forward to more of this.

Also started up the new season of JoJo. Iggy is such a little shit.

Yurikuma Arashi episode 1... WTF did I just watch. I think I'm done after one episode.

Assassination Classroom was really good. Looking forward to more of this.

Also started up the new season of JoJo. Iggy is such a little shit.
you don't like the gao gao? LOL

If I had someone to watch it with while having a drink, maybe I could watch just to poke fun of how ridiculous it is. Outside of that It's just not my thing.

Tate's... I haven't been there in a long time.
Since moving to Palm Beach, it's going to be a while before I can go again. Last time I was there was in September since they sent me a birthday coupon (10% off anything in the store and free Japanese food marked $2.99 and under).

Fortunately, he opened a store in Delray Beach so I don't have to travel as far. The 2nd store isn't as plentiful as the Lauderhill store, but it's still a nice place.

Last I heard, Tate is also opening a store in Dade county.

^ I plan to. I've been hearing it's pretty crazy.

I also watched Yatterman Night which I liked. Only exposure I had to the Yatterman series was Tatsunoku vs Capcom but I get the gist of it. I like the different take on the brand with the role reversal (Doronjo being the protagonist and Yatterman being the antagonist)

^ I plan to. I've been hearing it's pretty crazy.

I also watched Yatterman Night which I liked. Only exposure I had to the Yatterman series was Tatsunoku vs Capcom but I get the gist of it. I like the different take on the brand with the role reversal (Doronjo being the protagonist and Yatterman being the antagonist)
i also watched the new reboot yatterman, and i enjoyed it. i prefer the new reboot one, compare to the old one

JoJo is one of the few anime were I always watch both the opening and ending themes.
I haven't watched it this season yet... I kind of like marathoning Jojo as that's I did for most of part 3. Old Joseph is still my fav. (see avatar).

I think after I finishing S2 of Working, I'm going to dip into that, Tokyo Ghoul S2 (I guess that's on now), and the new season of Durarara.

#ssjChris Have you seen Death Parade yet? I remember you saying you liked Mushi-shi. It's in a similar fashion with one-shot morality stories. Really good stuff. Saw the first two episodes last night and I'm hooked. Plus the op is so damn catchy. Maybe once it gets further into the season binge watch a few.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjjTMNDZi-A

#ssjChris Have you seen Death Parade yet? I remember you saying you liked Mushi-shi. It's in a similar fashion with one-shot morality stories. Really good stuff. Saw the first two episodes last night and I'm hooked. Plus the op is so damn catchy. Maybe once it gets further into the season binge watch a few.

that is one of the few new anime series that i enjoyed, besides kantai collection kanelle , and assassin classroom

Haven't seen KanColle yet. New shows in my que are Yatterman Nights, Death Parade, Assassination Classroom, & the new seasons of JoJo and Tokyo Ghoul. But I also mean to try out Samurai Warriors soon.

Tried watching Rolling Girls. Reminded me a little of Kill a Kill which I wasn't a big fan of. And as I posted earlier I dropped Yurikuma after episode 2. I heard episode 3 didn't get much better.

Last couple episodes of One Piece have been epic. Finally stuff is happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't seen KanColle yet. New shows in my que are Yatterman Nights, Death Parade, Assassination Classroom, & the new seasons of JoJo and Tokyo Ghoul. But I also mean to try out Samurai Warriors soon.

Tried watching Rolling Girls. Reminded me a little of Kill a Kill which I wasn't a big fan of. And as I posted earlier I dropped Yurikuma after episode 2. I heard episode 3 didn't get much better.

Last couple episodes of One Piece have been epic. Finally stuff is happening.
if you liked apreggio of blue steel, you should enjoy watching kancolle, it is like more slice of life version of it.

Been working a lot to makeup the hours as I'll be off for MAGFest this weekend so I've been only watching a little bit of anime. Still watching Working S2 after well, work. Before work, I was watching 1-2 episodes of Noragami every day. Finished Noragami this morning and despite seeming like it could extend to something more, it at least concluded all the mini arcs which can at least give it a S2 in the future. Not sure if it's Netflix and it's superior streaming, but the animation and the quality of Noragami looked top notch. I like it's unique style with a lot of bright colors and outlines. Kind of hope that keeps going in the future.

As for Death Parade, I'll have to check it out. Is that currently airing?

As for Death Parade, I'll have to check it out. Is that currently airing?
Yes, currently on episode 2. You can watch it on either Hulu or Funimation. You'll get hooked after one episode for sure.

I don't normally watch "magical girl" stuff but I hear Madoka Magica is supposed to be really good. I watched 2 episodes and not feeling it. Should I stick with it a bit more?

Yes, currently on episode 2. You can watch it on either Hulu or Funimation. You'll get hooked after one episode for sure.

I don't normally watch "magical girl" stuff but I hear Madoka Magica is supposed to be really good. I watched 2 episodes and not feeling it. Should I stick with it a bit more?
probably not

Finished watching the Bubblegum Crisis blu-ray. While it's definitely a style over substance show,I found it extremely entertaining.The art direction and animation are fantastic.The character are good,but you never get a chance to learn about them.Sucks the series was never finished,cause it was getting really good.

Madoka is actually pretty good. It's only 12 episodes so it's way easier to take in than most shows from that genre.

You have to AT LEAST make it to the end of episode 3 to experience the true nature of the show. Madoka is easily one of the best shows of the last decade.

*paku*

utc2VUW.jpg

Watched a few more episodes of Madoka. It's good, but it's just not clicking with my interests. I'll hang on for a few more episodes at least.

Also I saw Crunchyroll picked up GTO. It's been a long time so I'm ready for a re-watch.

Read all nine chapters of yokokuhan / prophecy. I enjoyed it.. not been updated since last summer which is a bummer. If its been cancelled I should not of bothered reading it because now it'll just bug me.. 

Next I might start Pluto or I am a Hero not decided yet.

To update, I finished Working S2 and I'm caught up with the new seasons of Tokyo Ghoul and Durarara! Working was great for what it was and Durarara/Tokyo Ghoul are looking good so far. Jojo Egypt is up next!

And the new CAG will take some time to get used to!

Re: the gateway anime question:

I would catch Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, and Ronin Warriors on weekend mornings growing up. Then along came Pokémon. Between these 4 series, I was hooked and fell in love with anime. Loved the stories, aesthetics, characters.

As I got older, I searched for more series. As a teen, I would plan my time after school around Toonami (which, funnily enough, aired Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, and Ronin Warriors), and would blow much of my allowance on SNES/Genesis games and anime VHS tapes.

I had purchased all of Blue Seed, Tenchi Muyo (Toonami version, but in my defense, these had sweet keychains included), and all available Pokémon season 1 plus 1 Johto League Champions volume. Found a few random OVAs and movies in the bargain bin at local stores (one of them still has a few anime VHS floating around for $1-2/tape).

We still have my hubby's Escaflowne VHS set because even though we have no VCR, the big box it comes in is GORGEOUS.

(Would love to see a similarly nice box when FUNimation re-releases Esca.)

Almost done with Slam Dunk. About 15 episodes to go. It's been satisfying. But Hanamichi is really annoying.

Also trucking away with Space Dandy and Mushi-shi. season 2. Space Dandy has it's ups and downs. It's like it alternates between good and bad. Mushi-shi has been more consistent but season 2 still has a few duds. 

My wife and I just started Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.  In her words, "This anime is gonna make me cry", and we've only seen two episodes (yes I read more of the story, and I know it gets sadder)

Not an anime but I wanted to recommend a Japanese Drama/Comedy called Time Taxi. It can be found on CR. Me and the wife have been enjoying it.

Pretty much it's about a Taxi Driver who can take passengers back in time to recent events to retry choices they have made. It's kinda got this Groundhog Day feel were sometimes you see the same events happen several times an episode. Really fun watch.

good thing i found this thread. 

i barely finished watching Akame ga Kill ..why did it have to end :( .. going to start with Tokyo Ghoul next. im keeping up the naruto series . i dont read mangas ..why?...cuz im lazy lol 

im very late to the anime party :(  

i enjoy action anime 

Friend of mine exchanged some anime with me and I started watching Future Diary. I heard about the "stalker girl" in the show, but holy crap. The survival game theme has been a little overdone but at least this tried to be a little different. Tried an episode of the dub and it feels like this was one of Funimation's "side dubs" but it's passable. I think Funimation gets a little carried away with the slang though. I recently got A-Channel and Redline since both were cheap but I have yet to watch them.

Since I last posted, I haven't been watching a lot of anime. I've actually been really lazy as of late and been going through my game backlog more than anything. My PS3's HDD crashed 2 or so weeks ago and I lost all of my saves from like 2011 and up which kinda sucked. Thankfully, I wasn't overly devoted to anything massive like an RPG. My Persona 4 Ultimax save though.... yeah. (Best part was I have plus and I always ignored the dumb prompt at the beginning of every game so it was all on me).

good thing i found this thread.

i barely finished watching Akame ga Kill ..why did it have to end :( .. going to start with Tokyo Ghoul next. im keeping up the naruto series . i dont read mangas ..why?...cuz im lazy lol

im very late to the anime party :(

i enjoy action anime
Akame Ga Kill had a lot of cliches and fanservice but at least it's characters were interesting. I think they could have kept it going in a few years but I kind of peeked in the manga and it seemed like the manga was going to really drag out the story. I think the anime ended things on a dark, yet good note which was fitting for the anime. Plus it did what other animes failed to do with "original" endings and actually wrapped everything up without leaving too many plot holes.

Tokyo Ghoul is a little better than Akame. I think you'll like it.

Friend of mine exchanged some anime with me and I started watching Future Diary. I heard about the "stalker girl" in the show, but holy crap. The survival game theme has been a little overdone but at least this tried to be a little different. Tried an episode of the dub and it feels like this was one of Funimation's "side dubs" but it's passable. I think Funimation gets a little carried away with the slang though. I recently got A-Channel and Redline since both were cheap but I have yet to watch them.

Since I last posted, I haven't been watching a lot of anime. I've actually been really lazy as of late and been going through my game backlog more than anything. My PS3's HDD crashed 2 or so weeks ago and I lost all of my saves from like 2011 and up which kinda sucked. Thankfully, I wasn't overly devoted to anything massive like an RPG. My Persona 4 Ultimax save though.... yeah. (Best part was I have plus and I always ignored the dumb prompt at the beginning of every game so it was all on me).

Akame Ga Kill had a lot of cliches and fanservice but at least it's characters were interesting. I think they could have kept it going in a few years but I kind of peeked in the manga and it seemed like the manga was going to really drag out the story. I think the anime ended things on a dark, yet good note which was fitting for the anime. Plus it did what other animes failed to do with "original" endings and actually wrapped everything up without leaving too many plot holes.

Tokyo Ghoul is a little better than Akame. I think you'll like it.
maybe they could of continue the story but maybe it would of ended bad and fans would of ended hating the anime . but i did like the characters and how they give lil background story to each. overall it was a good anime .

i took a peeked on the first episode of Tokyo Ghoul looks very interesting i stop it and went to sleep

what got me into anime?

well of course DBZ

but when i was kid i watched Ronin Warriors and a couple other anime which i forgot the names of . but at that time i didnt know what anime was. i just thought it was reg cartoons .

Tokyo Ghoul is good however the second season hasn't clicked yet. I'm only 2 episodes in season 2 and since the show took some time off I'm trying to remember all the characters and names. But if you like this check out Parasyte - the maxim. IMO I think it's much better.

Caught up with Assassination Classroom (It took leave due to...reasons) Love this one.

Tokyo Ghoul is good however the second season hasn't clicked yet. I'm only 2 episodes in season 2 and since the show took some time off I'm trying to remember all the characters and names. But if you like this check out Parasyte - the maxim. IMO I think it's much better.

Caught up with Assassination Classroom (It took leave due to...reasons) Love this one.
thanks for the recommendation.

maybe tonight ill watch Tokyo Ghoul .

Yeah, S2 isn't so hot yet. A lot of unanswered questions and the additional of a ton of characters is already making this appear to be another crowded shonen-like anime. S1 was pretty good though. I'm going to leave all of my S2 anime's alone for a few weeks and get back to them later.

Also, Assassination Classroom sounds interesting. I might check it out later.

finished season 1 of Tokyo Ghoul .already started on season 2 ..hope it gets better
as an anime season 1 is alright.

as a proper adaption of the manga it's terrible though. The characters are far more intelligent and events rely on far less stupid to work. if you don't mind reading I recommend picking up the manga.

as an anime season 1 is alright.

as a proper adaption of the manga it's terrible though. The characters are far more intelligent and events rely on far less stupid to work. if you don't mind reading I recommend picking up the manga.
I don't read mangas.. But maybe i should start. Im missing key plot points.

i am just waiting for knights of sidonia to be aired, and the airing date for My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFu II, cannot wait to see hachiman

Haven't seen Bastard!! in over a decade. I had forgotten how retarded Lucia/Rushe is. Thankfully, Dark Schnieder, who is way more manly than Kamina, steals the show.

I just found my code geass "collector's box" vol 1 and I decided that is my favorite Anime packaging. Just wondering what are your favorites?
My brother got a lot of nice DVD sets over a decade ago that looked real nice. Way nicer than the chipboards we get today. I remember liking the look of the perfect sessions Cowboy Bebop set and the original evangelion DVD box set looked nice too. Pretty much anything ADV/Bandai did back in the day in terms of box sets looked great.

In anime watching news, I'm halfway through Future Diary. While I think the concept is great, the anime likes to make it obvious on who is a diary owner right off the bat (which I don't like). Other than that, some dumb cliches aside it's not bad. Most of the characters have been pretty interesting so far so if you can stomach the creepy stalker stuff, you will probably like it.

I watched an episode of the dub and it seems like it's one of Funimation's average dubs... so I'd recommend rolling with the sub on this one.

I don't know if I am used to the voice cast or they are just really better, but the Sailor Moon dub sounds a thousand times better on Part 2 than Part 1.

I don't know if I am used to the voice cast or they are just really better, but the Sailor Moon dub sounds a thousand times better on Part 2 than Part 1.
They are probably used to their roles now, it's common in dubs. In Bleach they chose to keep a lot of the attacks in their original Japanese name so you could hear a lot of actors having trouble pronouncing them. Michelle Ruff as Rukia pretty much nailed all of them as she used all of the attacks with weird names from the very beginning with her kido moves and whatnot.

bread's done
Back