Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

Blah, I was going to post in here my theory for Erased with spoiler tags before this episode, but I don't know how to do spoilers so I didn't. Man, I would have been 100% right though! I knew it!! lol. It was the only logical conclusion and I had my suspicion since episode 2 or whenever it was he did his first time jump to the distant past. Very curious how the last two episodes go...
Wife and I spent about two minutes being bummed that it was so easy to call, but then the show pulled us right back in.

For posting spoilers, click the third icon the shows up when you're replying (Special BBCode.) You can select Spoiler from that drop down menu and it will add the tags for you. Just put your theory between them.

Wife and I spent about two minutes being bummed that it was so easy to call, but then the show pulled us right back in.

For posting spoilers, click the third icon the shows up when you're replying (Special BBCode.) You can select Spoiler from that drop down menu and it will add the tags for you. Just put your theory between them.
Awesome!

Basically once he went back to 1988 and I saw that teacher, he had some similarities to the guy we saw in the current time. Also his mom seemed to know him well, which suggested frequent contact. Plus the person who murdered her had to know who she was too. On top of that, who is in a position to know the kind of details that the killer would need to know to pull these off to this degree? It *had* to be that teacher. It was confirmed for me when he just "happened" to drive by Satoru and his mom while Satoru was tailing Aya. He had NO REASON to be there. Also, the tick he had where he was tapping his finger? Clearly he was pissed off at Satoru. So basically at that point I was like, yup, it's that douche. Then it all came out in this last episode. When that seat belt wouldn't click I was like....you didn't have that problem in his last car....don't do eeeeet!! lol I still enjoyed it and was nervous haha Great show!

Last edited by a moderator:
I literally just downloaded CG R1 and put the first four episodes on my phone.

Awkward...

I promise to make my very next series Jojo! I have to make quick decisions in the mornings before my commute (6am - 7:30)
I'm 15 episodes into Code Geass and I'm enjoying it a lot. A lot more than I thought I would. Thanks for the recommendation starkiller. You have a good show to kill your travel time with.

But do give JoJo a shot. I'll also add they did make movies of the first two parts. (Phantom Blood & Battle Tendency) I guess for people that wanted to quickly get into part 3 "Stardust Crusaders" which is the most well-know part of JoJo. It's the one they based the fighting game off of that Capcom made back in like 2000.

Also if you're looking for a good rom/com have you seen Ore Monogatari (My Love Story). Unlike Toradora both the MCs are super likeable.

As for Erased
I knew who the killer was around episode 4 or 5. It's so much hinted at and blatant. The show took steps not to pin it on the teacher but in the end it was obvious. So when he was revealed as the killer I was like "finally"

So I just caught up to the latest in DB Super and I love it...I can't wait for the next episode. DBZ was the first anime I ever watched, so I'm extremely biased towards Toriyama's style of doing things. I know some folks don't like it too much but...new Dragon Ball for me is like crack :D Also, Vegeta is my fav character, so can't go wrong with the next episode!

i have not watch DBS  :wall:

Code Geass is good. u would enjoy it @Rodimus

finished Kids on the Slope and Monster Musume 

about to start Blood The Last Vampire

i started JoJos bizarre adventure Stardust Crusaders but did not finished it. i stop when they got to Egypt. there was a reason why i drop it but i cant remember why. i will continue it some day 

Question to those watching Code Geass: Are the versions you're watching including the Pizza Hut logos?

Code Geass really loves pizza. Like Ninja Turtle levels of loving pizza.

I'm almost done with season 1 and I can not put this show down. The pacing of the show is great. Never a slow moment and something interesting is always happening.

Code Geass really loves pizza. Like Ninja Turtle levels of loving pizza.

I'm almost done with season 1 and I can not put this show down. The pacing of the show is great. Never a slow moment and something interesting is always happening.
Just gonna frame this for after Season 2...

Dimension W ... more like Dimension WTF.

Did we really did to see a female android sitting on the toilet?  Because that's what aired on Toonami tonight.And to make things more uncomfortable
this character is the basis for the fanservice in the show. That's right: Robot boobs

This show is also obsessed with
coils. They are constantly saying the word to the point where I counted. Tonight, it was 12 times.

Just gonna frame this for after Season 2...
I'm not sure what this means.

I'm a few episodes into season 2 and the first episode threw me for a loop. I thought that maybe I had missed something like a movie that connects the two seasons.

This show is making me stay up way too late at night.

I'm a few episodes into season 2 and the first episode threw me for a loop. I thought that maybe I had missed something like a movie that connects the two seasons.

there was a decent delay between season 1 and season 2 that caused a lot of people to start hating the show because of the bad cliffhanger and thus despite season 2 still being quality nit picked every little thing apart until they hated the series (something they could have done with season 1 and went back and did to season one but didn't at the time because they were enjoying it).

don't worry about the comment, just sit back and enjoy the great ride ^-^

Well, no. The show changed timeslots, so the writers were forced to retread some steps early in Season 2 for all the newcomers, so all the stuff they wanted to do in Season 2 had to be squeezed in once they set the status quo back up.

Yeah I remember feeling the same way when I started Season 2. I was like....wtf did I miss? an OVA? Huh? Trust me it doesn't diminish how awesome the show is :) You're going to make me marathon it again. I just remember the last time I re-watched it I thought to myself, "I can watch this whole thing again right now". When a show makes you feel that way you know it's doing something right. Also, a few of the intro songs really stick to you. Catch yourself yelling out Jibun wooooooooo! *goes back to work*

Did we really did to see a female android sitting on the toilet? Because that's what aired on Toonami tonight.And to make things more uncomfortable
this character is the basis for the fanservice in the show. That's right: Robot boobs

coils. They are constantly saying the word to the point where I counted. Tonight, it was 12 times.
as for Mira - in the anime they mention that her creator made her in the intention to be as human as possible, with emotions,feeling pain/sadness/happiness and of course going to the bathroom.

and for the coils well thats kinda of the point of the anime of how the world revolves around these coils and the how coils are being used for everything in the world to function

if something wrong with these feel free to clarify more things

Did we really did to see a female android sitting on the toilet? Because that's what aired on Toonami tonight.And to make things more uncomfortable

The show is pretty bad(especially now that's gone completely off the rails),but I don't understand the complained about them talking coils,since it's the focal point of the show where all the problems arise from.

So, I picked up Miami Guns as a part of one of RightStuf's Bargain Bin sales and it's exactly as terrible and generic as the coverart looks. Like, I can barely make it through the first episode, which feels like it's taking an hour despite being 20 minutes like normal anime.

EDIT: Well, just got done watching Digimon Adventure Tri Episodes 5-8.

Episode 5 was such a waste. Aside from the "Digimon Emperor" (Yea, no, I really doubt it's actually Ken) slaughtering Primary Village, nothing of consequence actually happened. And it really annoys me that Mei and Meicoomon were accepted into the group just like that when at the end of Episode 4 it seemed like they knew something about what was going on.

Episodes 6-8 were better since they focused on Mimi & Joe's character development, but this series really, really sucks at making really epic moments feel epic. Vikemon and Rosemon appearing should have been amazing, but the music was still pretty meh and the evolution sequences still feel sterile.

The animation also took a step back. It looks shiny and glossy, but the actual key animation skips horribly and it's nowhere near as well animated as pretty much any of the proper movies.

Oh, and the shitting on 02 continues with both the Emperor and an evil Imperialdramon being the main bad guys of the arc. And still Davis, Yolei, and Cody, along with their Digimon, have not been mentioned once through 8 episodes. Seriously, if this isn't addressed in the next batch, I am gonna be pissed and I didn't even LIKE 02.

It would also be nice if the next batch actually moved the plot along, too. Oh, and if not-DATS could actually do something other than fire ineffective guns at Ogremon.

I didn't care much for the reveal of the killer in Erased. Unless it's going to have a killer finale, Rakugo is pretty much cemented as my AOTS.

And I'm 9 episodes into Code Geass S2. Still very much enjoying it. It's Death Note meets Gundam.

I didn't care much for the reveal of the killer in Erased. Unless it's going to have a killer finale, Rakugo is pretty much cemented as my AOTS.

And I'm 9 episodes into Code Geass S2. Still very much enjoying it. It's Death Note meets Gundam.
I went and watched the first episode of Rakugo and it was so awesome compared to what we've been going through lately. I'm hoping it picks up in the last few episodes and sets the stage for something more interesting in the present. Kiku is zzzzzzzzz.

Death Note + Gundam = Code Geass. I like that!

So I'm almost done with Barakamon and while it's enjoyable, I haven't been blown away yet. I know some folks here think it's amazing. The last 3-4 episodes awesome? Cuz otherwise I feel like I'm missing out on something. 

So I'm almost done with Barakamon and while it's enjoyable, I haven't been blown away yet. I know some folks here think it's amazing. The last 3-4 episodes awesome? Cuz otherwise I feel like I'm missing out on something.
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I watched this over the course of a couple nights and just feel in love with the charm of it. The relationship between sensei and Naru was a joy every episode.

I may have enjoyed it more than most because I visited a similar place while on a trip to Japan. We went to this little town where my in-laws had friends. It was this cozy, quiet, countryside town. And everyone was sooooooo nice, extremely hospitable. I was feed very well and ate like a king. And going to the hot springs was heaven. It's a very pleasant memory and Barakamon reminds me of that time. Probably another reason why I like Non Non Byori so much.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I watched this over the course of a couple nights and just feel in love with the charm of it. The relationship between sensei and Naru was a joy every episode.

I may have enjoyed it more than most because I visited a similar place while on a trip to Japan. We went to this little town where my in-laws had friends. It was this cozy, quiet, countryside town. And everyone was sooooooo nice, extremely hospitable. I was feed very well and ate like a king. And going to the hot springs was heaven. It's a very pleasant memory and Barakamon reminds me of that time. Probably another reason why I like Non Non Byori so much.
Ahh I get that. When I was in Takayama the locals were suuuuuuper nice. Plus the town was amazing. Need to plan another trip out to Japan, so much to see. Actually I think, Hyouka is based on Takayama, so you can get a bit of a glimpse of the town. I think they have a float festival in April and in fall...maybe October? Festival is really really cool, but it gets really cold there at night too since it's kind of in the mountains. Wasn't prepared for that cold lol. Just happy I found a british guy with a japanese wife that helped me get a place to stay the night. No way I could watch the festival and make the train back to Tokyo lol. Fun times.

Erased episode 11

uhhhhhhhhhhhh wow
I liked this episode. Excited to see what's next.

I'm really curious what Satoru's plan is though, remembering Yashiro and letting him take him to the roof. He's still a gimp physically right? Seems like a stupid idea to tell the guy you remember if you don't have a plan. Let's see how they close this bad boy out. It is really weird though that Kayo and Hiromi hooked up. Like how did that happen? lol I would've thought they would've used her as a love interest, but this show really isn't about that is it?

skip beat kickstarter is live

I actually felt it was to long, I would have trimmed about an eps worth of stuff because some stuff just goes on forever, especially with the main villain's speeches @_@
there where some dialog that felt that drag on and there was 2? episodes where that Alucard wasnt even part of . overall its still an enjoying series. i felt that the comedy was unnecessary

there where some dialog that felt that drag on and there was 2? episodes where that Alucard wasnt even part of . overall its still an enjoying series. i felt that the comedy was unnecessary
there is one point where

there is like a 13 minute speech from the bad guy that is basically just saying the same 2 minutes over and over and over @_@ it ends one of the episodes like ep 6 or something.

I liked this episode. Excited to see what's next.

I'm really curious what Satoru's plan is though, remembering Yashiro and letting him take him to the roof. He's still a gimp physically right? Seems like a stupid idea to tell the guy you remember if you don't have a plan. Let's see how they close this bad boy out. It is really weird though that Kayo and Hiromi hooked up. Like how did that happen? lol I would've thought they would've used her as a love interest, but this show really isn't about that is it?
I am interested in how they wrap this up next episode...

Never read the manga, I might start now you mention it..

Speaking of manga has anyone read Satoshi Kon's "Opus" ?
I don't follow manga generally (unless I'm trying to complete an unfinished anime's story). I strongly believe that anime is the superior form of depicting what's in manga, so unless it's an anime, I avoid it. I also avoid it primarily because there are so many distribution channels and it's in another language, therefore difficult to find what I want even if I wanted to. That being said, nope, haven't read that :D

to continue the vampire/horror theme im going to watch Blood+ ... i hope im not disappointed like i was when i watch Blood The Last Vampire (anime) that was a total waste of time 

to continue the vampire/horror theme im going to watch Blood+ ... i hope im not disappointed like i was when i watch Blood The Last Vampire (anime) that was a total waste of time
I didn't like Blood+ that much. I mean, it's ok to watch, but there are better things to watch.

Just watched the latest episode of Rakugo. Made me happy. Show got out of the gloom and back into it's groove. Next episode looks like it'll be epic. I really hope it's longer than 13 episodes or has another season. Even if they close out this "flashback" arc, there's plenty more to tell I feel.

blood+ is better than blood the last vampire, but takes about 10 eps or so to really get going. after that it is a fine watch but not amazing.

Blood+'s first 12 episodes are meh and boring, next 12 ramp things up a LOT, next 12 are still good but not quite AS good, and the final 12 is under heavy YMMV.

Heh, I loved Blood+, it's still in my Top Twenty... there was no place in the series I was bored - you youngsters just have too many issues with ADD, I suppose... :mrgreen:    It would be even more awesom-er if it would get a Blu-ray release, but that will never happen...

Lupin III Part 4 Finale - Not the best Lupin series but I liked it. Wish there was more. Jigen is my boy, and Fujiko will always be my anime waifu.

Code Geass - I was drunk when I watched the finale. I came home one night and binged on 8 episodes with a couple glasses of Jameson. So I had to rewatch the last 2 episodes without an inebriated impression. This show really was entertaining. As silly as it got with the mind games it was a blast. It really reminded me of Death Note. All the "adults" are idiots and the high schoolers are running the world. While I hated the CLAMP art style I liked the mechs and the animation during the key battles. At the end I was getting a little confused with what allegiance lied with each character. It was all over the place. With so much betrayal and politics going on in the last few episodes it did get a bit heavy handed. With that said I liked the way it ended. I will recommend this show to others.

Rakugo - The reason why the main show is set in a flashback is because the art of Rakugo is almost lost in Japan. It's about understanding loss of cultural. I think we will get a season 2 in time. Also if you notice the "present story" in the first episode isn't anywhere near even 2010. The first episode must've taken place in the 80's or 90's. I could be wrong but that's my perception of the timeline. Considering the age of the characters and the timeline of the flashback being in the 40's - 50's maybe even 60's near the end.

Gintama -  I'm at episode 147 and it's damn good. Just finished the Yoshiwara arc. Am I the only one in this thread watching this?

Heh, I loved Blood+, it's still in my Top Twenty... there was no place in the series I was bored - you youngsters just have too many issues with ADD, I suppose... :mrgreen: It would be even more awesom-er if it would get a Blu-ray release, but that will never happen...
It's pretty damn boring if your looking for any sort of thematic depth. It was awesome a 50 episode show that didn't have enough content to fill that length;nor were the characters strong enough to carry that.

Haha! Yeah OK, whatever... guess that's why it only has an Excellent rating on ANN, and a ranking of 438 out of 4900. Yep, everyone thinks it's pretty boring. I better dump my DVD box sets, and fast!  :p

bread's done
Back