Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

I know that narrows it down immensely. I think it is either steins gate or shiki. Are either of those good?
While I will recommend Steins;Gate immensely, that is not the anime you are describing. There are no vampires or ballet dancers in Steins. You're probably thinking of Shiki.

Meant to say this when it was first released, but if you want a kickass movie that is also child friendly, pick up Welcome to the Space Show. Saw it at Otakon a few years ago and it was amazing. Right up there with Ghibli.

I found that anime by accident while looking up stuff about the VAs from Over the Garden Wall.  Looks interesting, when I have some more money free, I'll probably buy it.

Saw a few things recently: Psycho Pass s1, really liked it aside from a few aspects of the law enforcement system. Kids on the Slope, loved it although the last few episodes felt a bit rushed. And I saw The Last: Naruto the Movie, which story wise was kinda a typical shonen movie but it was nice to finally see a romance between Hinata and Naruto. 

Kids on the Slope is amazing but yes, the last episodes were rushed to fit into one season. I read a little bit of the manga and it is more fleshed out. Still, what a feel good ending. The princes return.

I raise you a:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_omaL-vtsFM
LOLZ...I raise you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrmTNkeDUvg

My grandma would get me fried fish sandwiches from a local pizza joint after she picked me up from daycare and I'd watch it on tv while she was taking care of my sis that was just a year old. Thanks grandma! I still think of her even though it's been like 25 years since she passed away.

My first exposure to unfiltered anime was Guyver and Dangaio. My friend had a bootleg tape from his older cousin and I was blown away. This was years before US Renditions dubbed and subbed them.

LOLZ...I raise you:

My grandma would get me fried fish sandwiches from a local pizza joint after she picked me up from daycare and I'd watch it on tv while she was taking care of my sis that was just a year old. Thanks grandma! I still think of her even though it's been like 25 years since she passed away.

My first exposure to unfiltered anime was Guyver and Dangaio. My friend had a bootleg tape from his older cousin and I was blown away. This was years before US Renditions dubbed and subbed them.
Doraemon (the second, and most common series) started in 1979, same year as Force Five, lol. Though I wasn't born then. I was alive when the first Dragonball manga was released though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm watching Yu-Gi-Oh ZeXal right now. It's pretty bad, but I am addicted to the first opening, Masterpiece. It certainly is a masterpiece. Of course, in case you couldn't tell, I'm watching the sub.

Yes I am old. :oldman:

Is black butler worth watching? My library has it on blu.

There is also an anime with a chick in a pink tutu (almost a maids outfit) with pink hair? that looks like it is bloody or horror. I want to say she was fighting a vampire or a beast of some sort.

I know that narrows it down immensely. I think it is either steins gate or shiki. Are either of those good?
Black Butler is very enjoyable, but not the anime. It goes into a crappy filler end that is very bad. Read the manga for it, and not the ones you find in the library. The translator took some... liberties with the translation, like most older manga.

Steins;Gate is good. Anime for that one.

^ I talked about Yu-Gi-Oh! a few times before. Probably in the thread a few times but I really need to find all of Yu-Gi-Oh! subbed somewhere just so I can finally see how it ends. A shame a subbed version is impossible to bring over here (this is why: https://ravegrl.wordpress.com/2009/08/24/4kids-youtube-removal-of-yu-gi-oh-episodes-was-due-to-nonrenewal-of-japanese-voice-actors-contract-by-adk/

And I guess it's nostalgia or the love for the series but I'm always kind of surprised on how many people here like to buy the dub only DVDs of Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc. Not that I'm a dub hater but I'd rather see the series in their original unedited form.

Part of it is nostalgia, part of it is resignation that the subbed version will never come out over here. And with all the edits 4Kids made, any sub release would have to be flipper discs like Ronin Warriors.

So, any opinions on what to watch this season? Death Parade, Durarara!! X2, and root A are what I'm following at the moment. Wanted to see if there was some great show I was missing.

So, any opinions on what to watch this season? Death Parade, Durarara!! X2, and root A are what I'm following at the moment. Wanted to see if there was some great show I was missing.
I'm also following Death Parade. Great Show Maybe check out Assassination Classroom and Yatterman Night.

Assassination Classroom is over the top action/comedy. Synopsis is about a bunch of delinquent high school kids being tasked to kill their teacher who is Superman/Goku levels strong.

Yatterman Night takes a spin on the old Yatterman show from the 70's. If you're not familiar with it no problem (I wasn't either). The bad guys are now good, and good guys are now bad. It's silly at times but some tender moments as well.

I'm also following Death Parade. Great Show Maybe check out Assassination Classroom and Yatterman Night.

Assassination Classroom is over the top action/comedy. Synopsis is about a bunch of delinquent high school kids being tasked to kill their teacher who is Superman/Goku levels strong.

Yatterman Night takes a spin on the old Yatterman show from the 70's. If you're not familiar with it no problem (I wasn't either). The bad guys are now good, and good guys are now bad. It's silly at times but some tender moments as well.
It really is a great show. Love that opening and madhouse does no wrong as far as I'm concerned. One of the few I watch immediately when I see a new episode is out. kiseijuu, Nanatsu no Taizai, and Shigatsu wa kimi no uso are the others. I have a wide range of tastes, so I'll give those two you mentioned a try and give my thanks for the suggestion. Got bored and started Hyouka since my last post, which was on the old backlog.

It only reminds me that this anime had some hilarious edits. But it was pretty intense in the early 2000's even when edited.

A few I remember is when Gene asks Melfina if she would rather eat shit than do something and then the edited version replaced "shit" with "crow". Then Jim asking Gene about his wound and seeing the frame of Jim's painted hand with no blood on it. And finally, every edit with Melfina's uh... swim gear.

They also left out the "hot springs" episode for obvious reasons. I just love the song from the trailer (starwind- from the "toonami beats" album) and optimus prime saying "Time to roll the dice".

Yeah, the episode was actually pretty bad for what it was. It was amusing when I finally saw it on DVD though thinking it was some intense episode when it probably the goofiest episode in the series. And to think if the artists had enough time to draw on Melfina, it makes me wonder if they actually tried editing the episode until they gave up. :p

This kind of brings me back from when I did edit lists for One Piece (Funi version) and Naruto Shippuden in the late 2000's. All of the edits and changes they did just to keep that dumb TV Y7 rating is insanely hard work. I'm glad that Adult Swim makes a lot of that crap unnecessary now. 

I've decided to catch up on bleach. I stopped around episode 130 or so. I don't remember half of them.

I'll get to Shi Ki at a later date. I just finished the first 3 american horror story seasons, so I need a change of pace.

Been watching Erin (Crunchyroll) for the last couple weeks. It's been a nice little anime to watch while I let my simulcasts catch up.

I've decided to catch up on bleach. I stopped around episode 130 or so. I don't remember half of them.

I'll get to Shi Ki at a later date. I just finished the first 3 american horror story seasons, so I need a change of pace.
Bleach is probably really good if you know exactly what to skip for the filler. ANN has a decent guide on what is a canon arc and what isn't ( http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4240&page=25). Bleach has some random fillers between arcs but they are mostly random episodes. They all stick out so it's typically easy to spot them.

What are some good romantic/comedy or drama anime were the the main characters actually get together and have sex?

Toradora is the only one I can think of that I saw.

When did this happen?

This is a bit of a mixed question. I mean technically you can use many series as an example. Like Goku and his kids, LOL. I'm confused on if you're wanting a series where they show them bangin' or if you're wanting a series when two characters have banged for uh... character development.

When did this happen?

This is a bit of a mixed question. I mean technically you can use many series as an example. Like Goku and his kids, LOL. I'm confused on if you're wanting a series where they show them bangin' or if you're wanting a series when two characters have banged for uh... character development.
I'm not asking this for hentai reasons. I don't really care to see the "act" going on. I'm just tired of the typical romantic/comedy/drama being shy about the subject. I guess I want to watch something that has more "closure" within the relationship instead of leaving it up-in-the air. I recently watched My Little Monster, From me to You, Pet Girl of Sakura Hall and Kawaii Complex, all of which had these "meh" endings. I guess what I want is to see a show focused mainly on a relationship that goes somewhere.

Goku and Chi Chi in DBZ is more focused on fighting. Their relationship isn't the core of the show.

In Toradora it happens at the end. They don't show the whole scene but it's pretty clear they "do it"

^ Was partially a joke, but yeah. I knew it wasn't really for hentai reasons, lol. A lot of anime tend to stray away from actual "love" plots, but nothing really comes to mind to think of an anime where the focus is a relationship that actually goes somewhere. Probably a few shojo-ish animes for sure, but nothing I can think of off the top of my head.

Yep, I just wanted to see them anime boobies.

Watched that Parasyte episode last night actually. The relationship isn't the core but yep, they boned.

What about that show about the couple that has an arranged marriage and has to work through the details of intimacy? I haven't seen it, but recall reading something about it being based on a manga that was essentially a sex-ed thing. Futari Ecchi or somesuch?

What are some good romantic/comedy or drama anime were the the main characters actually get together and have sex?

maybe give Rec a try. It wasn't bad when it came out (I haven't seen it in years), and worst case it's only 9 12 minute episodes :p

Can anyone recommend an anime that is similar in tone to Darker Than Black that isnt Phantom requiem for the phantom?

Watching Medaka Box. Show is OK so far and I don't mind the dub, but the lip syncing is horrible. Feels like a mid- 90's dub it's so mistimed.

Watching Medaka Box. Show is OK so far and I don't mind the dub, but the lip syncing is horrible. Feels like a mid- 90's dub it's so mistimed.
I know what you are saying, but 90s dubs weren't necessarily mistimed, they were more accurate to the original Japanese. Companies take a lot more liberty in translations now to make the words fit with the mouth movement.

Finished watching Erin last night. I enjoyed this one. It's different than a lot of stuff I've been watching. It's not flashy, the animation isn't anything to write home about, but it's got a boat load of charm. The story isn't complex yet it still creates a rich world with it's own history.

Nowadays most every drama is "slice of life" or "coming of age" but this show literally follows Erin from a child to woman. I'll admit it was slow at times and often predictable, but not many anime presents a story as precious as this.

If you want a good epic anime to binge-watch without a crazy complex story check out Erin.

been some time since i posted here.. 

i just recently pick up Absolute Duo and Seiken Tsukai no World Break

Absolute duo thus far story wise. its okay nothing major. but it got me hook cuz of the comedy scenes 

and for Seiken Tsukai no World Break. i like how everyone remembers to past life. and the main character Moroha past life intertwines with the two female characters. 

Absolute Duo ep 11 hasnt been release on eng sub :( bummer 

bread's done
Back