Anime sale at Amazon

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw this at SD, thought it was worth mentioning. Lots of great prices here.\\

Thanks to WTK for some updated tiles:
[quote name='WTK']Here are a few more titles including the previously mentioned FMA: Brotherhood.

[/QUOTE]

Ghost in the Shell: Season 1 (Anime Legends) - $22.99

Venus Versus Virus: The Complete Series S.A.V.E. - $7.50

Virus Buster Serge Box Set - $18.99

Tactics the Complete Series - $23.49

Glass Fleet Box Set S.A.V.E - $12.49

Gigantor: The Collection Vol. 2 (1965) - $15.99

Kodocha: The First Season (2010) - $13.99

Kodocha: The Second Season (2010) - $13.99

Galaxy Railways: Box Set S.A.V.E. - $12.49

Macross Plus - The Collection (Two-Disc Set) (1995) - $17.99

Shattered Angels: The Complete Collection (2010) - $9.49

School Rumble: First Semester S.A.V.E. - $13.49

School Rumble: Second Semester S.A.V.E. - $12.99

Aquarion: Complete Series Box Set S.A.V.E. (2010) - $12.99

Moeyo Ken: The Complete Series S.A.V.E. - $8.49

Fullmetal Alchemist: The Complete Second Season (Viridian Collection) - $20.99

Solty Rei Box Set S.A.V.E. - $12.49

Kanon: Complete Series Box Set S.A.V.E. (2010) - $12.99

Air TV: The Complete Series S.A.V.E. - $9.49

Street Fighter II V: The Collection - $17.99

Heat Guy J: The Complete Series Box S.A.V.E. - $13.49

Last edited by a moderator:
Caved on Trigun. I almost bought it at MSRP the first week it was out, but decided to wait. Glad I did, and I'm done buying anime for awhile.

Went for Trigun at $18.49, with Alan Wake (360) $19.96 waiting in cart, so there goes fsss.

WAS eyeballing it at $24.99 at TRSI but been having trouble pulling the trigger on any other "12 days" deals given I that already have them, or have seen and don't want to own, or had minimal interest in them...

Kudos to this thread though, this Trigun deal is the first deal in a long while that I didn't actually know of before checking out CAG. Thanks.

I also grabbed Trigun. Who knows when that Blu-ray set will ever come out, and whether the upgrade will be significant at all? $18.49 is a good price to own the DVD set and enjoy it now.

I got the first original "Trigun: Complete Series Set" back when it was on sale for $60-$70 about 5 years ago... sigh.

It's still a great series to watch to this day.

I prefer watching it Dub too. Johnny Yong Bosch (The 2nd Black Power Ranger in MM Power Rangers) who plays Vash the Stampede is a really good voice actor.

Sidenote:
Has anyone tried price matching with Amazon i.e. sending them a lower price match LINK to some of the Rightstuf item sales? It's found on their product's page.

I've done it for a couple of the DVD's, but I guess Amazon does not care about Rightstuf at all.

[quote name='BitLooter']I'm tempted by Trigun... but isn't it available on bluray? I know it was announced, but I can't seem to find it on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Do you remember the animation from Trigun, there is no way that a hi-def master exists. The only thing blu-ray could add is... all the episodes on one or two discs?

Already picked this set up when it was released for $30. For anyone curious, it is exactly the same content as the Remix release (meaning same video as the original, but 5.1 surround sound). I love this series and recently ordered the Revoltech Vash figure.

[quote name='Zaku77']FMA Brotherhood Vol. 1 & 2 Blus are 19.99 each. Woohoo!![/QUOTE]
FMA Brotherhood Vol. 1 was only $16.99 just a couple weeks ago.

[quote name='lilman']Already picked this set up when it was released for $30. For anyone curious, it is exactly the same content as the Remix release (meaning same video as the original, but 5.1 surround sound).[/QUOTE]

Actually, the Remix sets also had the proper opening animations restored (they differed in every episode), but for some reason, Funimation's new set has the same opening for every episode, a la the first release.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Actually, the Remix sets also had the proper opening animations restored (they differed in every episode), but for some reason, Funimation's new set has the same opening for every episode, a la the first release.[/QUOTE]
Nice catch. Cheapest I ever saw the Remix set was $40 (and now it's hard to find), so the Funi re-release for under $20 is a great deal. Plus the Remix was 6 discs and this new release is 4 (and the original was 8)... less disc switching is always nice.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']FMA Brotherhood Vol. 1 was only $16.99 just a couple weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Yes it was, but this is back down within 4#, and the first time I've seen volume 2 this low. Woohoo remains! lol

bread's done
Back