Anybody Got Street Fighter 4 Yet ???

[quote name='scourdx']I got mine today. For some reason EB charging Xbox 360 version $10 higher than PS3 version.

Xbox360 - $89.99
PS3 - $79.99

I was outraged and told the clerk both games should be the same price.[/quote]
Ouch, so you had to pay like $100 after tax? Luckily it didnt come in a tin or the temptation might have been too great for me not to buy the CE.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jlindsay26']Got mine this afternoon play it for about an hour it's great. Load time are bit on the load side on the PS3. I'll I need to do now is track down a Madcatz stick or pad my Gamestop didn't have any for sale They got one stick and it was a reserve and it sounded like they only got one extra pad for the PS3 which they already sold by the time I got there. :cry: Boy I wish Gamestop would actually stock things but I guess the got burned on the Nuby Street Fighter Controller they had a couple of years back. Speaking of which I have one maybe it well work with the USB controller adpater I have I'm going to try that right now.:bouncy:[/quote]

For the load times, do the install, located under options, system settings, install if you have not already done so.

I do not know where you are from but you got screwed, EB uses a system called the promo wizard. The game in the system is $69.99 and $89.99 how ever is on for $59.99 and $79.99 (for a week). When the employee goes to sell this and hits the final sale screen the POS system will auto price override it.

IF you bought more then one copy on the same sales receipt the promo wizard screws up and only promos one. The employee would need to price override the other manually.

needless to sale they are BOTH 79.99 right now. (or 59.99)

[quote name='scourdx']I got mine today. For some reason EB charging Xbox 360 version $10 higher than PS3 version.

Xbox360 - $89.99
PS3 - $79.99

I was outraged and told the clerk both games should be the same price.[/quote]

picked up my copy of SF4 PS3 CE. Indeed EB had the sale going on and knocked off $10 so i didn't have to add to my preorder! moreover, I went to another EB and helped a buddy buy SF4 360 CE without a preorder!

I cancelled my Amazon pre-order and picked up mine from BestBuy last night. They weren't supposed to sell them till today, but luckily I got it. Pricematched it with HMV too.

Now I'm off to look for a stick, but that might take a looooooong while.

[quote name='candy_jai']curious, for those who pre-ordered the CE from EB, did you get your red sf4 bandana? lol[/quote]

I did. My head is too big for it. sniff

[quote name='candy_jai']curious, for those who pre-ordered the CE from EB, did you get your red sf4 bandana? lol[/quote]

It's not really limited to CE.

WHere else sells STreet Fighter 4 for $59.99 besides EB? Best Buy/Future Shop/Wal-Mart selling for $69.99. I can't find Street Fighter at any EB here in Vancouver.

[quote name='GuardianFlash']WHere else sells STreet Fighter 4 for $59.99 besides EB? Best Buy/Future Shop/Wal-Mart selling for $69.99. I can't find Street Fighter at any EB here in Vancouver.[/quote]

PM Perhaps?

Got mine yesterday. It's all I played yesterday night. The PS3 controller works great with the game so it should hold the fort until I buy a top of the line gamepad. I'm going to need it for Tekken 6 and maybe even Soulcalibur 4.

[quote name='GuardianFlash']will Best Buy PM EBGAMES?[/quote]
No, how? They don't list the price as $59.99 anywhere. You can PM Rogers Plus though. They have it as 59.99 in their flier. Also, HMV has it 59.99 on their website.

[quote name='marsteam']I am pretty mad... Pre-ordered the PS3 CE, and was told that they didn't get enough PS3 CEs in. "In a few days" they lamely tell me. What is the point of pre-ordering when you don't get it on release day? It's unacceptable that their MAIN BUSINESS is selling games, yet I could get it at a Walmart or HMV. After this, I'm done with them. So angry right now.[/quote]

I also placed a pre-order for the PS3 CE well over a month in advance at VideoGamesPlus.ca, so I'm pretty annoyed at how this all turned out. What was worse was me and a friend both pre-ordered at the same time and his actually got shipped out yesterday! :cry:

They don't seem to be responding to my e-mails, either.

[quote name='1cesc']No, how? They don't list the price as $59.99 anywhere. You can PM Rogers Plus though. They have it as 59.99 in their flier. Also, HMV has it 59.99 on their website.[/QUOTE]

Ask them to call the store.

No, I don't even know why EB offers these if they have like 5 or 10 per store to give away... why bother? I pre-ordered and didn't get one.

I managed to snatch the last copy of Street Fighter 4 at HMV at Metrotown. I don't know why Best Buy/Futureshop/Wal-Mart would sell it for $69.99 and CE for $79.99. Why $10 more? Most new Xbox 360/PS3 games are $59.99 and $69.99 for LE/CE. I used to pay $69.99/\$79.99 for 360 games back in 2005 and early 2006, but that was back then.

So I'm wondering how closely EBGames follows their preorder rule of holding it for only 48 hours?

You think if I ask them today (friday) they'll sell me one of those suckers SFIV CE preorder?

I'm guessing it varies by store. I've heard some stores will stop the hold right at 48 hours. Some stores will hold for longer.

Also depends on if the person they're holding it for is a regular...At my old EB in Calgary, they would hold a game for me until my next cheque(2 weeks), occasionally...

And yes, if its past the 48 hours and they're not holding it for anybody special, they will sell you the game..'s how I got my hands on the original Guitar Hero for PS2 way back in the day. :D

[quote name='Oi!Blimey']I've already bought the game at bestbuy, can I still do a pricematch?[/quote]Bestbuy has a 30 day price protection. ring in your reciept and they should adjust it for you.

[quote name='slam09']Bestbuy has a 30 day price protection. ring in your reciept and they should adjust it for you.[/quote]

Thanks, that's some good news. I felt really uncomfortable dishing out $69, when other games are selling at $59.

[quote name='will52']No, I don't even know why EB offers these if they have like 5 or 10 per store to give away... why bother? I pre-ordered and didn't get one.[/quote]

I ordered from my local EB and was 25th out of 29 preorderers.
My order came in a day late, but I still got my headband! :lol:

My SF4 regular edition disk case has a really flexy feel to it, and it's hard to open.
The see thru-plastic for the cover feels a little thick and wavy.
The disk sometimes gets caught by the flap coming out of the spine of the case because the case bends so much when I try to open it :roll:

Worse DVD case ever...

[quote name='bakudan']I ordered from my local EB and was 25th out of 29 preorderers.
My order came in a day late, but I still got my headband! :lol:[/quote]
EB i had to get mine from was giving away the headbands with purchase. No preorder necessary.

CRAP! Look what I just got from Amazon.ca after ordering on the first day they listed the CE (PS3):

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on January 30 2009...

...Still want it? We'll keep on trying. You'll still be able to cancel at any time before we ship it. If you want to cancel the item now, please click the link below:

Man I think I just got screwed out of a CE, does anyone know where I can still find a PS3 CE?

just came back from EBgames, haha, they saved my copy untill today ;) last copy yayyy

i was going to return it for 69.99 credit and rebuy it after 4 months ( when i can play my ps3 again) but since i got it for 59.99, i figure, even if it goes on sale, it'd be 10 bux off from 69.99... so i got it ! looks so awesome. even my game hating parents remember playing it together with me :cool:

btw, ppl who havve problem getting 10 bux back, there shouldnt be any problem :/
i TOLD him that i did it T3G1F, and he was like sure. he didnt even look at my pre-order reciept.

and SF4 goes for 69.99 starting tom.:D:D:D

EDIT: turns out it IS NOT a good day... my ipod nano 4Gen just stopped working(turned off and its not turning off, the start/pause butten does nothing and it wont budge)

... and i got this 2 week ago!! .....wtf :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Said it in another thread, but I picked up the standard edition at Blockbuster for $59.99, go there if you can't find it at that price. Looking online, it seems like every other store including Walmart and Toys R Us has it at $70.

i traded a spare copy of Far Cry 2 (PS3) for the SFIV standard edition (also PS3). That 2/$30 sale at Zellers was a godsend.

Hey guys I'm new here but been reading for a little while. Is it confirmed that this game won't be available at $59.99 anywhere after today? I walked to Blockbuster in the cold and they said that they were sold out when they had a few copies yesterday. Or maybe they're holding them back to sell at $69.99?

Even Amazon increased their prices to $64.99. =[

I went to my local Blockbuster, Wal-mart, and EB Games. All sold out of the game. Ended up ordering online at Amazon.ca. Used this code to save 10$ on the $64.99 purchase: MAPBIZNCSAVE. I'd like to thank Firestorm, cause I found out about the discounts I can get at Amazon while lurking on GAF, and it ended up saving me 10$ :D (I can't find a way to sign up there =[.)

hey everyone. Sorry to try to start selling stuff in the wrong section, but I thought it might be relevant in this topic.
I have an unopened copy that I bought for $70 yesterday. Unfortunately, I got in a car accident the same day, so I'll need the money to cover the costs. If someone wants the game for that price or around it, and was unable to get a hold of it, shoot me a PM, or e-mail me at [email protected]. I live in Winnipeg, so if you are a resident, I will be especially open to making a deal. Thanks, g$

EDIT: It's brand new and unopened btw.

bread's done
Back