Anybody skipping work/school for Star Wars?

I was invited to go to the midnight showing, but had to regretfully turn it down for the fact that this is "make or break" week in class now. Right now I'm breaking, but have to hit the books soon. :)

...And I was really looking foward to the lightsaber duels in front of the theater too!

[quote name='zionoverfire']No, I skipped school for episode 1. Lucas shall not trick me again![/QUOTE]

"The class you're study for has been canceled."

"The class I'm studying for has been canceled."

"You can go to the theater."

"I can go to the theater."

I can't skip school for it because the jerkwad administration decided to have the Distinguished Scholars Breakfast (top 10% of class) tomorrow morning and I am a "Distinguished Scholar." We do get to go home early though so I'll be seeing it at 1:25 pm.

Pfeh, and you believed your parents when they said that doing well in school was a good thing? See where's it gotten you now.

All the dumb kids will be skipping school to see Star Wars and you, loser, will be stuck in school being all smart.

...now..uh..would you like that order super-sized, sir?

:)

[quote name='javeryh']I hate the general public so no. I plan on seeing it though just not for a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Also, I'm kind of responsible now and skipping work isn't something in my best interests...

[quote name='javeryh']Also, I'm kind of responsible now and skipping work isn't something in my best interests...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree about not missing work, but missing one of the last days of your senior year in HS isn't important at all.

I'm going in to work a little late just so I can catch up on sleep, I could use a vacation day but then I'd have too much free time on my hands.

Of the group that I went with for the 1st one, half can't go now, the best excuse is the one who skipped classes to get tickets is now a teacher and can't skip.

bread's done
Back