Anybody still playing PS2? What games are you playing?

I just finished Final Fantasy X-2. :applause: It was an okay story. I did like the dress spheres and garment grids for character classes.

I had actually started playing it some time ago, but I quit because I got frustrated from the game over screens appearing way too frequently for me. :bomb: Basically, I was getting slaughtered because I would have everybody in a weak dress sphere when entering a random battle because I was focusing too much on getting ability points for every dress sphere.

Needless to say, I restarted the game and did enjoy the combat aspect this time with a new strategy. I would have preferred a more linear story instead of explore every location for each chapter to discover everything. I felt like this game consisted of nothing but sidequests and mini games to a short story of who is the guy that looks like Tidus. :roll:

Now for my next game: Resident Evil - Code Veronica X :D

Just finished Legend of Dragoon. It's a PSX game, but I used my PS2. Brings back so many memories. I wish I didn't sell most of my games several years ago.

Havent cracked my ps2 in about 6 months, the 360 has stolen all my gaming time lol, but eventually...

[quote name='Purkeynator']Was working on God of War and now I read that a special blu-ray edition is coming out with GOW 1 & 2 in 720P. Wow maybe I should hold off and play it again in its high defy glory. Other than that I play all the DDR games weekly.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing so was I. But as soon as I heard the collection was coming out I stopped. I still have quite a few game I need to finish but I only have time now to play Raiden 3 or Silpheed every now and then since my ps3 is getting the attention now.

WoW distracted me away from SMT:Nocturne. I think I may have to just admit to myself that despite my great respect for the franchise, I'm doomed to never finish one of the games.

The closest I ever came was back in... 2005 I think when I got ~40 hours into Digital Devil Saga. I got partially stuck close to the end. I looked up the answer online but when I returned to the game, my officially licensed memory card had wiped itself clean.

The same thing happened back in 1999 with Xenogears right near the end of the first disc.

finished shadow of the colossus this week. not sure if i'll be able to play dragon quest viii which is my last unbeaten ps2 game. i didn't finish star ocean but i'm gonna find a way to throw that game in the garbage.

Occasionally, I just replay all my Final Fantasy games and admire the storylines and cutscenes. Other than that I don't really play my PS2 much anymore.

I have more fun on my trusty PS2 then I do with the PS3/360/Wii combined. Todays games are garbage compare to what PS2 had to offer, they are not fun. Just goes to show you where gaming is headed.

Today I bought a $0.96 copy of NBA Live 2003 on PS2 at GS. I had actually been looking for a complete copy for awhile.

Last videogame appearance of Jordan!

Plus, if you're looking for old style cases that hold two discs (to replace a broken Silent Hill 3, etc), this might be your cheapest option.

Still, I realize how little I know of basketball fouls. I got crushed because I kept running into guys from behind. There needs to be a NBA Jam mode.

[quote name='Halo05']There needs to be a NBA Jam mode.[/QUOTE]

Word. Basketball games are the only "sports" games I'll play, and even then, only if they play like Ye Olde NBA Jam.

just finished Shadow of the Colossus, i liked it, but the camera, and controls kept it from being a great game for me.

my backlog seems to keep growing
BoF:Dragon Quarter
Dark Cloud 2 - working on this now
Devil May Cry 1,2 and 3
Disgaea - original still sealed
Dragon Quest VIII
Eternal Poison
Fatal Frame 1,2 and 3
GTA3
GTA:Vice City
LaPucelle Tactics
Magna Carta
Mana Khemia
Okami
Orphen - i know i know
Phantom Brave
RE4
Rogue Galaxy
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
SMT: Devil Summoner2
SMT: Persona3
SMT: Persona4
SMT: Nocturne
Silent Hill2
Silent Hill3
Suikoden 5
Suikoden Tactics
TMNT
TH: Underground 2
Unlimited Saga
Wild Arms: Alter Code F

Last edited by a moderator:
i started dragon quest VIII when it came out only stop playing it. i finally decided that i have to beat this game so im dusted it off. for some reason this dragon quest never sucked me in like the rest.

[quote name='mowmow']i started dragon quest VIII when it came out only stop playing it. i finally decided that i have to beat this game so im dusted it off. for some reason this dragon quest never sucked me in like the rest.[/QUOTE]

It's a good game. I've completed it.

Still playing Megaman X collection.

[quote name='mowmow']i started dragon quest VIII when it came out only stop playing it. i finally decided that i have to beat this game so im dusted it off. for some reason this dragon quest never sucked me in like the rest.[/QUOTE]

I'm currently playing this, and love it. It makes me want the DS remakes, but I still have never played through DQIII, which I have on GBC. On day, when I have a larger house and can keep the GameCube with GBPlayer hooked up so I can do it on the TV.

I love the pacing of this game, I find it really relaxing to play in the evenings. Battle some, alchemy, explore. :bouncy:

for me im guessing it the frequent random battles that occur. it didnt bother me on the ds remakes. im guessing it does in this one

I'm replaying Kingdom Hearts 2 after finishing off Kingdom Hearts 358/2. Still a great game.

Still have to get back into Persona 4; its sitting in my cabinet taunting me for not playing it. Amazing game, I just bought it way too soon after dropping 60+ hours into Persona 3 FES

I just posted a list of the games I have and wanted to ask what people still want to get.

Anyways, I haven't been playing much at all anymore (the main reason why I don't want to get a PS3 or 360 -- but I figured since I've amassed such a large PS2, XBX and GCN set that I'd try to complete those).

I recently went back to God Hand (I love that game!) and Grandia III (such an underrated gem!).

[quote name='[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6460347#post6460347"']
viewpost.gif
[/URL] i started dragon quest VIII when it came out only stop playing it. i finally decided that i have to beat this game so im dusted it off. for some reason this dragon quest never sucked me in like the rest.
[/QUOTE]

Lol I am also playing this. I'm pretty sucked into it. But this is my first time playing it.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']I love the music in DQ 8. It's so relaxing.[/QUOTE]

I kinda want the soundtrack, but I can't find it anywhere for a reasonable price. :roll:

[quote name='romeogbs19']

I recently went back to God Hand (I love that game!) and Grandia III (such an underrated gem!).[/QUOTE]

I just finished Grandia III about two weeks ago. I thoroughly enjoyed playing that turned based RPG. Fairly good story with a lot of cutscenes to make it span two discs.

I am now playing Stella Deus which has turned out to be a pretty good SRPG. I like Stella Deus more than La Pucelle Tactics and Phantom Brave.

I have been playing my PS2 more than any other system lately. I'm just about finished on my 65+ hour journey through Tales of Legendia. I feel like I've played this game forever, but now there is only an hour or so left. After that, I have Tales of the Abyss and Devil Summoner 2 to beat. My PS2 better be prepared for another 120+ hours.

[quote name='Halo05']WoW distracted me away from SMT:Nocturne. I think I may have to just admit to myself that despite my great respect for the franchise, I'm doomed to never finish one of the games.

The closest I ever came was back in... 2005 I think when I got ~40 hours into Digital Devil Saga. I got partially stuck close to the end. I looked up the answer online but when I returned to the game, my officially licensed memory card had wiped itself clean.

The same thing happened back in 1999 with Xenogears right near the end of the first disc.[/QUOTE]
Same thing happened to me on the gamecube with a Zelda game.
Why does it always happen towards the end of the game, and never the beginning?

i've got so many games that i'm (1/2-3/4) of the way through that I haven't finished.

SMT: Digital Devil Saga
Final Fantasy X
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
God of War
Jake & Daxter
Champions Of Norrath (w/ a friend)

The problem was I bought a 360 and started playing all that gaming goodness and haven't had the time to go back to the ps2 yet, but I still do plan on it.

I picked up a few RPGs with the B2G1F sale over Thanksgiving. Any recommendations on which series to try out first between Wild ARMs 3, Suikoden III, and Grandia II?

[quote name='botticus']I picked up a few RPGs with the B2G1F sale over Thanksgiving. Any recommendations on which series to try out first between Wild ARMs 3, Suikoden III, and Grandia II?[/QUOTE]
Don't care which game you play first, but I do have personal recommendation regarding Suikoden 3. After the prologue, play Hugo's chapter first. There's a key event at the end of Chapter 1 that, imo, won't have the same impact if you play as Chris or Geddo beforehand.

I left my PS2 behind when I moved across the country, but I wish I had it right now, because I am seriously jonesing for some Syphon Filter: Omega Strain online with my friends.

[quote name='Allnatural']Don't care which game you play first, but I do have personal recommendation regarding Suikoden 3. After the prologue, play Hugo's chapter first. There's a key event at the end of Chapter 1 that, imo, won't have the same impact if you play as Chris or Geddo beforehand.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I will be going back soon and starting Suikoden 3 over (I started it when it was first released, but only played briefly and have never gone back).

[quote name='Furashu']i am playing shadow of the colossus! beat the first colossi, its a pretty epic game so far![/QUOTE]

Always feel bad about this game. I own it, started it 3 times, I think I got through 5 colossi in my deepest run. The game got too hard for me (never been the biggest fan of boss battles in a game, and this game is all boss battles). I loved Ico and wanted to love this, but it didn't work out.

Been playing Ratchet & Clank Up Your Arsenal lately. It's been a ton of fun. Getting a PS3 for Christmas, with Ratchet & Clank a Crack in Time (due to the Best Buy Black Friday sale) so was hoping to finish this one up. But, my guess is I have about another 5 hours of play.

I guess for me, I am playing Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Dawn of Mana and possibly going to try Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater although I am not sure since it deviates from the first and second game and it is a prequel to the series.

[quote name='lordxixor101']Always feel bad about this game. I own it, started it 3 times, I think I got through 5 colossi in my deepest run. The game got too hard for me (never been the biggest fan of boss battles in a game, and this game is all boss battles). I loved Ico and wanted to love this, but it didn't work out.

Been playing Ratchet & Clank Up Your Arsenal lately. It's been a ton of fun. Getting a PS3 for Christmas, with Ratchet & Clank a Crack in Time (due to the Best Buy Black Friday sale) so was hoping to finish this one up. But, my guess is I have about another 5 hours of play.[/QUOTE]

oh man u make me wanna play it more since it gets difficult, i killed the first 2 in like 15 mins each lol

These are the PS2 games I havn't started yet:

Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3
Rogue Galaxy
Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories
Castlevania Lament of Innocence

[quote name='UjnHunter']God Hand, the only game you will ever need.[/QUOTE]

I got this off Goozex a few months ago, and I wasn't impresed. It's a very zanny beat'em up but the controls killed the experience.

I've been focusing on my PS2 at this point, trying to build up my collection since used PS2 games are so cheap... I've been getting into Killer 7, Haunting Ground, Skygunner, Yakuza, Front Mission 4... Getting Disaster Report, Raw Danger, and Echo Night: Beyond soon, so I'll be loving those as well.

Hi, I've searched posts, no results, maybe you would know if anyone figured out why, God of War won't play on some of the PS2's ,with the same model PS2 ? Hope I'm not posting in wrong forum, thanks

I never heard anything about GoW not playing on any PS2s. Back around when it came out I had one of the last incarnations of the fat PS2 (the 50000 series I think) and it ran on that. I subsequently played it on both an earlier slim model (77000 series?) and a current incarnation, the 90000 series.

The only thing I can think of is some sort of odd hardware interaction involving stuff like which slots have controllers or memory cards inserted. For example, the Japanese version of In The Hunt for the Japanese Saturn won't start properly unless there's a controller plugged into both ports. Weird.

My friend returned his 4 times, none of them would work, he borrowed a friends, same model, worked. We bought one, took back twice , wouldn't work. I researched on line, found several complaints in 2007, but never a resolution. Lot of people couldn't make it work, on same models, and said they complained to Sony with wonderful results on that, not! But thanks anyway for time!

I've been playing DQ8 and wanted to know what other medieval style RPG games are available for PS2. Thanks.

bread's done
Back