Anyone else miss Rogue Squadron?

Waughoo

CAGiversary!
RS was one of my favorite games on the N64 and Gamecube. I played the crap out of those games. I'm really hoping that they will eventually make more, but it sounds like it's a dead series now :(

Rogue Squadron 2 was awesome and still looks pretty good. RS 1 was very good, too. 3 was alright but not as good as the others.

Closest thing since then has been Battlefront 2.

I miss the series terribly. RS 1 and 2 are two of my favorite games of all-time. I just recently watched my brother play through Rogue Leader on Gamecube and that game still looks GORGEOUS! Awesome games, it makes me sad that Factor 5 is no longer around.

I'm wondering if they can at least do a port of them to the 3Ds, like they are with OoT. I know thats unlikely, but I can dream.

Rebel Strike was disappointing. The on-foot segments were terrible and F5 should've stuck to the air/space. The two-player Rogue Leader is fun, but we can't beat Bespin for some reason. :whistle2:(

Thats the same problem with Star Fox! As soon as they added the on-foot segments the game was ruined. I never got to do the 2-player. None of my friends are into that sort of game :(

On Rebel Strike's coop my friend and I got to the last mission, the Death Star run from RoTJ, but we couldn't beat it to save our lives. One person HAS to fly the Millenium Falcon through the Death Star and let me tell you something..... NOT FUN! That thing controls like a damn tank lol.

I wish Nintendo would work to bring Factor 5 back. Their Star Wars games ruled. And don't forget the Rogue Squadron spinoff, Battle for Naboo. I'll never forget the first time I saw the lasers flying around in the middle of deep space. It was wicked!

I actually liked SotE, although I think it's one of those games I wouldnt like if I played it now.

I really like Shadows of the Empire, I didn't realize it was shameful to like it. That was the first Nintendo 64 game I ever played, part of the reason I sold my PS1 and bought a 64 (in retrospect wish I would've bought the 64 but kept my PS1 instead of selling it and all my games).

I loved the first two Rogue Squadron games, but let's be honest, RS 3 pretty much sucked, which is terribly sad way to think of it after F5 went out of business.

[quote name='Theduck']Those games were among my favorites.

Now lets port over Shadows of the Empire!

What? It was a great game![/QUOTE]

No shame there. I love, love SotE! That game was great no matter what others say. The hoth levels are the best.

I remember looking all over for Rebel Strike and was so excited to find at EB I didn't even mind that it didn't have a case or a manual. Only when I got home and put the disc in that I realized it was the demo disc. Had to make the trek all the way back to EB to return it. Thankfully I found another mint copy later.

[quote name='cgarb84'] Awesome games, it makes me sad that Factor 5 is no longer around.[/QUOTE]

What makes me more sad is that Factor 5's last game was Lair.

I'm dying for some kind of new, vehicle-based, Star Wars game.

My first choice would be a real sequel to Tie Fighter. That game was just unspeakably fun.

Another Rogue Squadron game would be a worthy substitute provided it was good.

As the Gamecube was launching, I was pretty 'meh' about the whole thing. The N64 was okay but I never had as much fun with it (barring a few Goldeneye rounds) as I did with the PSX or the Saturn. Still, I remember playing Rogue Squadron 2 on a GC demo kiosk at Circuit City and being blown the fuck away.

[quote name='Halo05']Still, I remember playing Rogue Squadron 2 on a GC demo kiosk at Circuit City and being blown the fuck away.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it amazing that a Gamecube launch game looks better than most Wii games today? Factor 5 said that before they went out of business. I think they were going to get back into Nintendo, and then they went belly up. 'Tis a shame.

Aww man, what did I do? This made me pop in RS2, and I found out I still havent all the gold medals... now my days are booked

I'm still waiting for some kind of decent flying game for the Wii. It looks like Nintendo struck gold with New super mario and they're pushing 2D instead of trying new things.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']I'm still waiting for some kind of decent flying game for the Wii.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it (it's in my backlog) but Sky Crawlers is supposed to be good.

Hey I figured out why I never got all the Golds! I suck! I did get a couple I didnt have already, still got alot left to go though

I was JUST thinking about this yesterday. I had forgotten how much I loved the N64 original. And yes, RS2 on the GC really showed what that system could do in the right hands. I wanna see Factor 5 make the next Star Fox... oh man.

I'm wondering why they haven't remastered Jedi Knight & Jedi Academy with waggle for the Wii. That's a combo I'd pay money for again.

I love the original one back on the N64. I remember how cruel it was doing that snowspeeder mission where you gotta wrap the legs.

Nope, sorry I have to say I don't. The Gamecube ones looked fantastic, and I bought the first GC one at launch, but they were way too hard and I didn't have all that much fun with them.

I was shocked when people complained about Lair, and it's like this is what Factor 5 does...

I loved the Rogue Squadron games. It's too bad the rumored Rogue Squadron Trilogy game for the Wii never came to pass, having all three on the Wii with improved graphics would of been great.

My bro played it so much I'm surprised the cartridge didn't melt into the N64. I loved it too, wish they would at least release it in Wii shop for the VC

bread's done
Back