Anyone have a store called "The Exchange" near them??

Dok Diamond

CAGiversary!
I dont know about you but in Pittsburgh theres about 6 of em and some of them have some good budget games.

They dont always have the games it matters what people trade in

Like ssx tricky for 2.50$
Star fox adventures for 5$
About a mont ago i got nfl street for 25$

They have alot of Cheap Ps2 games and i really dont look at the Xbox to much cause i dont own one yet.

Last summer they had Final fantasy 2 & 3 and chrono Trigger for 10$each, didnt have the money on me and when i got back they only had FF2 and picked that up.

They had earthnound for 35.

All im saying is look in your phone book for one because when people trade in the game the price goes down and older games goes down cheap.

they caught on with there snes prices like rare ones they charge like 30+ for but u can still get some good budget ones.But if people trade em in they go down so if someone trades in one say onimusha 3 theyll sell it 35$ pre and if someone trades in another one theyll sell it for 30$ and keep goin down.

if i only had the money on me that day.

[quote name='Cracka']do the prices drop when the cocaine supply in the town goes up?[/quote]

its not a pawn shop...

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Cracka']do the prices drop when the cocaine supply in the town goes up?[/quote]

its not a pawn shop...[/quote]

ha ha ha

There are a lot in Cleveland area. They don't have a legit website. It's mostly CD's. Few cases of DVD and a few of games. You can luck out and get some dummy looking up your stuff that has no idea that its crap or vice versa. Their pricing is by how many copies they have of product as to how much you get. If they have 3 copies of such and such....one goes for 30, the next for 25, the next for 20. For the most part theyre pretty close to right on prices, it just depends on product volume. Altohugh older stuff like SNES and even PS1 they might not know.
I got harvest Moon for SNES for 8 bucks. The guy at the register says "thats a pretty rare game". I reply, "Ya. Im gonna make 30 bucks off it."
They dont have deals or anything like that, its just luck of the draw.

[quote name='stripespbj']There are a lot in Cleveland area. They don't have a legit website. It's mostly CD's. Few cases of DVD and a few of games. You can luck out and get some dummy looking up your stuff that has no idea that its crap or vice versa. Their pricing is by how many copies they have of product as to how much you get. If they have 3 copies of such and such....one goes for 30, the next for 25, the next for 20. For the most part theyre pretty close to right on prices, it just depends on product volume. Altohugh older stuff like SNES and even PS1 they might not know.
I got harvest Moon for SNES for 8 bucks. The guy at the register says "thats a pretty rare game". I reply, "Ya. Im gonna make 30 bucks off it."
They dont have deals or anything like that, its just luck of the draw.[/quote]

Looks like you were the sucker for saying youd sell it for 38 bucks....

[quote name='whitereflection']Wait, what? Those prices are insane. I bet I could clear out the whole store with a couple of hundreds...[/quote]

Not really, there is some rhyme to their reasoning. Likely those prices are a result of a massive influx of these games in their inventory, once inventory goes over ideal amounts it's time to clear it out (for other merch). It's also a matter of condition as well in their stores.

They have a section of used cds for small prices like 1 dollar (even 50 cents, but most suck). Mostly these are scratched cds or club cds that technically cannot or are not supposed to be sold at retail. Make no mistakes, they are not losing money on anything they sell, they offer dirt cheap prices on media because they offer dirt cheap prices to those that bring stuff in.

The system is centralized (inventory) however the stores are locally managed and there is no centralized stock. Stores in Suburbia will be bigger, better stocked, and have better prices. I have also seen a DC store of theirs that is quite friggin small and moderately stocked (it's near american university metro stop/potomac ave.) The one in squirrel hill (pittsburgh) ain't that great as well.

they do hire pretty cool people though so that helps.

[quote name='stripespbj']There are a lot in Cleveland area. They don't have a legit website. It's mostly CD's. Few cases of DVD and a few of games. You can luck out and get some dummy looking up your stuff that has no idea that its crap or vice versa. Their pricing is by how many copies they have of product as to how much you get. If they have 3 copies of such and such....one goes for 30, the next for 25, the next for 20. For the most part theyre pretty close to right on prices, it just depends on product volume. Altohugh older stuff like SNES and even PS1 they might not know.
They dont have deals or anything like that, its just luck of the draw.[/quote]

You're the reason places like this catch on in the first place.
"Thanks a lot for the great deal, moron!"
-- "Hmmm...that's the last time somebody comes in and takes advantage of me. I'm getting ripped off!"

Not really, there is some rhyme to their reasoning. Likely those prices are a result of a massive influx of these games in their inventory, once inventory goes over ideal amounts it's time to clear it out (for other merch). It's also a matter of condition as well in their stores.

They have a section of used cds for small prices like 1 dollar (even 50 cents, but most suck). Mostly these are scratched cds or club cds that technically cannot or are not supposed to be sold at retail. Make no mistakes, they are not losing money on anything they sell, they offer dirt cheap prices on media because they offer dirt cheap prices to those that bring stuff in.

The system is centralized (inventory) however the stores are locally managed and there is no centralized stock. Stores in Suburbia will be bigger, better stocked, and have better prices. I have also seen a DC store of theirs that is quite friggin small and moderately stocked (it's near american university metro stop/potomac ave.) The one in squirrel hill (pittsburgh) ain't that great as well.

they do hire pretty cool people though so that helps.[/quote]

i actually like the one in squirrel hill, i got nfl street for the cube in Feb for 25$. One thing is if the cd doesnt work you can return or burn n return like some people i know. The one in south side last year during the street spectacular had FF 2 & 3, and mario rpg for 10$ a piece. The one in Sq hill had Earthbound for 35$.

It depends entirely on when and how often you visit these places. It's kind of like shopping at a thrift store in that respect because their inventory can turnover quickly. You might visit there three times a week for a month and never find anything you really want for the price, or you might score the motherload every other time. It depends a great deal on what they happen to get in trade, the volume of store traffic, inventory levels, etc. Also, a lot of their stuff is used, so if you have to have your games in mint condition, you might not like half their inventory, especially the older stuff.

I agree that it's not a smart idea to tell the store clerk their rare SNES games are way under-priced. You're only ensuring that the next time a similar game comes in you won't be getting that same bargain price again.

bread's done
Back