anyone know where to fing cheap ass tie's and dressy shirts

Marshalls (not Marshal Fields) is an option too if you have them. Alot of times the shirts are usually picked through but I have gotten alot of good quality ties from there.

for ties, i would go to thrift shops like goodwill or whatever you have in your area. you can get a pretty decent looking tie for a few bucks, if you dont mind used ones.

Do you have a Wall's near you? They get in great stuff (Kenneth Cole, Polo, etc.) when department stores get rid of them.

Otherwise, I'd watch Express because they have sales every couple months with $10, $15, and $20 bins. I got some excellent $50 ties there for $10, plus the dress shirts are solid.

I also suggest Stein Mart. Great stuff you'd find at Foley's, Dillard's, or even Sak's but around 50% off.

Hope this helps.

[quote name='wongdiggity']for ties, i would go to thrift shops like goodwill or whatever you have in your area. you can get a pretty decent looking tie for a few bucks, if you dont mind used ones.[/quote]

If you don't mind slumming it a little by getting down and dirty with used merchandise, you'll be surprised at some of the name brand clothing you can find at a thrift store for dirt cheap. Of course, you have to weed through plenty of junk to get to the good stuff, but if you enjoy the hunt or just really like clothes shopping, it won't be too much trouble.

If you have a store called T&G they are awesome.
Also Gabriel brothers. They are like TJ Max but I think nicer and bigger. I have found some really great deals there.

thank you all for your help.it's greatly appreciated! looks like i'll be heading out to my local thrift shop later today and look around. adn that express deal sounds good too. havea good one you guys.

I go to SEARS, they have dress shirts for like $10, and pants $20, ties $8. I have a $100 Perry Ellis shirt, and a $12 Robucks shirt that look exactly the same.

Don't get some ass used ties and dress shirts. You need to look sharp if you want to be taken credibly as a businessman. The ties and shirts at a thrift store will be a minimum of 2-5 years old and won't be in the current styles. Also, you'll be picking from a pretty random and limited selection so it will be pretty hard to get stuff that matches perfectly.

For cheap shirts, a Van Heausen outlet store is good. I can usually find nice shirts in the $10-15 range that would usually be $27-$35. You'll probably want to get your ties somewhere else though since Van Heusen ties usually have horrid styles. I found a couple of nice ones at a Liz Claiborne outlet for $10 each, but usually, I have to spend more.

Good ties have been hard to find lately. I don't know what kind of crack the designers are smoking, but the vast majority I've seen in stores recently aren't acceptable for an upscale professional environment. I'm a true cheapass, yet I had to spend like $35 on a tie a few months ago since DKNY was the only place with anything nice. That's like 7 games from the $4.99 circuit city sale last summer......

when it comes to dress shirts and ties never go cheap or you will look cheap. Dress like a mil$ feel like a mil look like a mil portray and exude a mil
jos A bank
dkny
brooks brothers
ralph lauren
tm lewin

Tjmaxx and Nordstrom Rack has all the name brands and great prices. i just picked up a nautica dress shirt and tie to go with for less than $30 at tjmaxx.

bread's done
Back