Anyone remember Powerslave?

WhipSmartBanky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I was just thinking about this game earlier, and how I kinda missed it and wouldn't mind finding it for Saturn again. I remember it got creamed in the reviews, but I don't remember thinking it was all that bad.

Anyone else remember it?

Yep, sure do. I just (as in a week ago) bought it at Game Rush for $3. It was one of the games I was really looking forward to on the DC, but never got.

I think they should resurrect the series on the DS. The two screens could make for some interesting levels to fight in.

Yes, definitely remember it. I have a mint complete copy for Playstation that I bought when it came out. I played it for an hour or two and gave up. I liked it but I have a short attention span.

I have the old PSone version as well. I've only played through the first level or two. I'm not a big FPS fan, so I haven't gone very far in Halo or Metroid Prime either.

[quote name='Backlash']Doh I thought you were talking about the Iron Maiden album. Two Minutes to Midnight![/quote]

Awesome. Aces High?

Oh...I thought you meant Powerstone. I read the title too fast. Powerslave...........didn't that game suck? It was a giant robot game right?

[quote name='Lucky13']Oh...I thought you meant Powerstone. I read the title too fast. Powerslave...........didn't that game suck? It was a giant robot game right?[/quote]

Nope, Egyptian-themed FPS.

[quote name='Lucky13']Oh...I thought you meant Powerstone. I read the title too fast. Powerslave...........didn't that game suck? It was a giant robot game right?[/quote]

PowerSlave is a FPS, set in ancient Egyptian times. I never actually played the game, I couldn't find a brand new factory sealed copy for the Sega Saturn...:(

I have this game for PC. I thought it was cool stuff way back then, but now it just flat out sucks. Much oldschool FPS out there.

Compared to everything else at the time (doom 2) it was neat, and had a theme. Now...not so good. It's still kinda fun, but not really an experience anymore, just 3-d areas that can now be done as a low-end computer screen-saver.

bread's done
Back