Apology/Explanation is up. PM me if you haven't received tracking info!!!!!

I still have fate/trust in the guy, I don't think he's going to fuck us. But ethawng you never, never, never send that kind of money( like 300 with shipping right? ) to a stranger as gift card or gifted on paypal.

Question about Amazon payments: I paid via checking account on amazon payments, so he obviously got withdrawalable money. but with a gift card, how does that work? he can withdrawal it as credit?

Just curious...

[quote name='merchie89']Question about Amazon payments: I paid via checking account on amazon payments, so he obviously got withdrawalable money. but with a gift card, how does that work? he can withdrawal it as credit?

Just curious...[/QUOTE]

Maybe he can transfer the balance of the gift card to his account and Amazon charges him a small fee? I'm just guessing.

[quote name='hufferstl']Didn't some people mail out payments to him?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I sent a money order payment to him. He hasn't recognized that it's been received. I told him I will enter an inquiry form (I have a customer receipt that proves payment to him) and find out whether he's used it or not.

[quote name='laotahn']Yes, I sent a money order payment to him. He hasn't recognized that it's been received. I told him I will enter an inquiry form (I have a customer receipt that proves payment to him) and find out whether he's used it or not.[/QUOTE]

So he received the money order and denies it? :hot:

[quote name='hufferstl']Well if you mailed something at least there is a physical address linked to him.[/QUOTE]

True, lets get him! Whats the point of being a national website if we cant unite and track somebody down:bouncy:

[quote name='merchie89']True, lets get him! Whats the point of being a national website if we cant unite and track somebody down:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Well lets give him a couple more days first before we track him down. In the meantime, I've checked his Xbox Gamertag, and it seems that he goes online from time to time (the last time being Hulu on the 25th of Feb.) Perhaps we should try messaging him there first?

Worse comes to worse, we still have his email (assuming users that payed via Amazon Payments have it... can someone confirm this?) and we have his home address from Laotahn (from people sending cash). Perhaps we can get a phone number from one of those 2 things if he really doesn't respond...

[quote name='Edwin29']I still have fate/trust in the guy, I don't think he's going to fuck us. But ethawng you never, never, never send that kind of money( like 300 with shipping right? ) to a stranger as gift card or gifted on paypal.[/QUOTE]

Hm--have never had trouble with other CAGs before, so didn't think about it. I'll use this as a lesson not to do it in the future.

I think everyone is jumping the gun a bit too much here. It's understandable that we're all a bit worried but let's give him the benefit of the doubt and see what happens in a few days. I'm sure he'll get back to us the moment he can.

[quote name='Setherial']I think everyone is jumping the gun a bit too much here. It's understandable that we're all a bit worried but let's give him the benefit of the doubt and see what happens in a few days. I'm sure he'll get back to us the moment he can.[/QUOTE]

well, some of us have alot of money invested in this lowball. i personally am in over $100. im def. freaking out when the guy is gone for 4 days then logs in and doesnt respond to any posts or anyone's messages.

[quote name='masterchief2291']well, some of us have alot of money invested in this lowball. i personally am in over $100. im def. freaking out when the guy is gone for 4 days then logs in and doesnt respond to any posts or anyone's messages.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It is common courtesy for him to drop a line or two.

[quote name='Setherial']I think everyone is jumping the gun a bit too much here. It's understandable that we're all a bit worried but let's give him the benefit of the doubt and see what happens in a few days. I'm sure he'll get back to us the moment he can.[/QUOTE]
It only takes a minute to post a quick update. That's the least he could do.

if we get no response or packages by the end of the day can someone PM me his email and physical address? There needs to be some consequences to all of this.

I sent a dispute through Amazon Payments today and it didn't go through. Got a "we can't process this request" error so I'll take that as a sign to wait a few more days and see if he responds but this is pretty ridiculous.

This is like the third lowball I participated in and the last one also had a seller who went MIA after the lowball ended(Mr_bungle's Lowball). Luckily I didn't end up winning anything on that lowball but this seems like a common problem. How often do lowballs end up like this?

Did some googling.

The email I paid was: [email protected]
Google had a listing on a different website for him selling something in 2010 with a cell number: 717.891.8111

and googling the phone # got me a myspace page for a band.

All of these had cory in the name. Someone text or call that # see what happens

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']If he actually did get shot, I wouldn't mind giving him another week or so. Cause hell, if I got shot the last thing on my mind would be material possessions.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was some kind of weird figure of speech!! What irks me is that he actually logged on here. He could've posted a one line message at least.
Anyway, my first impression was that he was a pretty stand-up guy, so hopefully he still comes thorough and we can chalk this one up to some unforeseen circumstances. It's not unreasonable for USPS to take this long to deliver packages.
His OP said he supplies tracking numbers, which at this time would be the thing we need.....if he hadn't dropped off the face of the planet.

[quote name='ooga']I thought it was some kind of weird figure of speech!! What irks me is that he actually logged on here. He could've posted a one line message at least.
Anyway, my first impression was that he was a pretty stand-up guy, so hopefully he still comes thorough and we can chalk this one up to some unforeseen circumstances. It's not unreasonable for USPS to take this long to deliver packages.
His OP said he supplies tracking numbers, which at this time would be the thing we need.....if he hadn't dropped off the face of the planet.[/QUOTE]

but he did say he was sending everything priority mail and thats 3 business days tops (most of the time). he just really needs to show up and explain himself.

And invade his personal privacy even more.....another phone number

I now know to never be googled, you can find alot

717-793-3235 (from whitepages.com use at own risk)

Yeaaah I didn't want to be "that guy", but this isn't fair. Delays are fine, shit happens, but to just disappear without a "I'm working on it" is something else.

I found a different phone number via the Internet. While I want to respect this person's privacy, I will submit this number for Cory Mcclain (it's different than the one listed previously) if we hear no word within the next four days.

For everyone, make copies of all the documents/messages from thecoryjihad. We may need to hold on to those if this becomes a serious breach of contract situation, which it may very well become considering the amount of money that is at stake here. I still hope that Mr. Mcclain will return and explain the situation - it may simply be a family emergency that will be resolved very soon.

I think his LinkedIn profile may also yield his place of his business if we need to go that route to contact him--I don't like prying into people's personal lives, but like many people have expressed, going dark for this long is not courteous or considerate.

I tried to dispute, will see what happens. Someone said it got shut down but lets see.

Unless items are arriving tomorrow, I still want to void this. Emergency or not, there are moments when you contact and this must have been on his mind at some point.

Who woulda thought I got scammed on CAG before ebay....amazing

I swear this is the last time I bid on a lowball that has the "I'm doing this lowball because of my kids...." as the main reason. The last time another guy had a lowball because he needed the money for his kid's medical treatment and it turned out to be a scam too. LOL

[quote name='laotahn']I found a different phone number via the Internet. While I want to respect this person's privacy, I will submit this number for Cory Mcclain (it's different than the one listed previously) if we hear no word within the next four days.

For everyone, make copies of all the documents/messages from thecoryjihad. We may need to hold on to those if this becomes a serious breach of contract situation, which it may very well become considering the amount of money that is at stake here. I still hope that Mr. Mcclain will return and explain the situation - it may simply be a family emergency that will be resolved very soon.[/QUOTE]

please post the phone number. this prick deserves everything that happens to him.

I found a Facebook page with a family picture similar to one posted on CAG. It is set to private, do he could just ignore us on there as well. I will try and find the link. And I think I also found a family member's obit that he is mentioned in. A real estate website listed his middle initial as E.

[quote name='xgrimx']Only thing I could find:

Mcclain John
390 Woodland View Dr, York, PA 17406
717-793-3235[/QUOTE]

Yippie ki yay?

[quote name='xgrimx']Only thing I could find:

Mcclain John
390 Woodland View Dr, York, PA 17406
717-793-3235[/QUOTE]

And here is his picture:

Bruce-Willis-Die-Hard.jpg

I would not mess with this guy!!

Also, I say we do a deadline. Some people are more for just jumping into taking care of this in a way that is kind of personally intrusive. We don't know for sure that he is scamming us, and I'd like to think that he really isn't, just something came up. Its kind of inexcusable to not just come in and say "hey sorry something happened I'll get it fixed asap". But I say we should wait a little more, out of respect for the guy.

If he does come through, which I'd imagine he will, its just videogame stuff. It can wait regardless of how much we want it.

When do you guys think a deadline should be?

[quote name='Lazer77']Also, I say we do a deadline. Some people are more for just jumping into taking care of this in a way that is kind of personally intrusive. We don't know for sure that he is scamming us, and I'd like to think that he really isn't, just something came up. Its kind of inexcusable to not just come in and say "hey sorry something happened I'll get it fixed asap". But I say we should wait a little more, out of respect for the guy.

If he does come through, which I'd imagine he will, its just videogame stuff. It can wait regardless of how much we want it.

When do you guys think a deadline should be?[/QUOTE]

i think the deadline has been passed. i could maybe understand giving him more time if it were a smaller lowball but he grossed $1700+ on this thing.

when youre getting that much from us, youre fuck accountable

[quote name='Lazer77']Also, I say we do a deadline. Some people are more for just jumping into taking care of this in a way that is kind of personally intrusive. We don't know for sure that he is scamming us, and I'd like to think that he really isn't, just something came up. Its kind of inexcusable to not just come in and say "hey sorry something happened I'll get it fixed asap". But I say we should wait a little more, out of respect for the guy.

When do you guys think a deadline should be?[/QUOTE]

T minus 30 seconds.

But look at it this way, if something really DID happen so he had to delay and hasn't been able to update (I know I know), and then everyone harasses him by posting his personal information, when he comes back, he damn well won't want to ship then. That is the point where you might as well keep the money, regardless of your intentions.

I guess I'm just looking at it in the sense that it took him a LONG time to organize all of this, took him a LONG time to post pictures up in the first place, took him a LONG time to post pictures up a second time. That is a huge time investment coming from a guy who had good feedback, and obviously has a family.

I say we give him to Sunday, 2 weeks from when it ended.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='merchie89']my dispute is being worked on. They are trying to contact the seller.

got 10 days[/QUOTE]

howd you do it? i keep getting an error message

i paid via checking account. i just got on payments, clicked help. resolving disputes. Copied transaction ID from payment and checked non delivery of items.

[quote name='Lazer77']But look at it this way, if something really DID happen so he had to delay and hasn't been able to update (I know I know), and then everyone harasses him by posting his personal information, when he comes back, he damn well won't want to ship then. That is the point where you might as well keep the money, regardless of your intentions.

I guess I'm just looking at it in the sense that it took him a LONG time to organize all of this, took him a LONG time to post pictures up in the first place, took him a LONG time to post pictures up a second time. That is a huge time investment coming from a guy who had good feedback, and obviously has a family.

I say we give him to Sunday, 3 weeks from when it ended.[/QUOTE]

well i look at it as a very well conceived racket. my paranoia wont allow me to give him the benefit of the doubt. and you know what, props to him. he fooled me.

at this point, i either just want my money back or the items in my hands.

bread's done
Back