Are there any mods left?

And I always say this is a completely simplistic view of what the big boys do. How many flipping cags pay taxes? Do you take risks? When 20 copies of pokemon x don't sell, do you eat the loss or do you return it to best buy?

Please. Until you (in the general sense) take risks or you pay taxes or you employ people, don't ever compare yourself to big capitalism. You aren't doing the the same thing as gamestop does. You're not even close.

Of course, now, here's your cue to start talking about wall street bailouts and the like.

Trakan - I actually fully support free enterprise (I've been accused of being a corporate shill many a time) but what I object to are the idiots who jump into a thread where stock is gone and talk about how they got 10 copies of something to rile everyone else up. If that's not trolling, what is?

Also, loopholes are one thing. CAG has gotten more of the Slickdeals stench lately where people openly talk about how to best rip off a retailer or returning stuff to walmart without a receipt. Maybe it's just me but I don't think I'm the only one who has noticed this.

Outside of that, everything just seems ... I don't know.. grubbier? slimier? Is that the word? Look at any thread on the deals forum and chances are you'll find someone asking "where can i flip this to?" "How can i trick the csr into..." Hey, so this is the new cag and i'm just the old dude at the club. That's cool. That's why I said it's good to know this is the way the powers that be want to run the new cag.
That's completely different. Return fraud has never been allowed and I've always deleted it.

I hate the fact that I've been on here so long and I used to see so many faces on here all the time... and now I only recognize like 5-6 people since the old days. I guess some of them are still around but just don't post as much. 

This site was a lot better when it was smaller and I can definitely understand why there doesn't seem to be any modding going on. It's so hard to keep track of... anything. 

Maybe not the best idea, but I was on another forum back in the day (it was a Transformers forum) where there were a few overall mods (who could basically do anything) and then there were sub-mods who were responsible for modding individual sections, usually people who were regulars in the sections. I was the mod of the video game and computers sections. I could do some of the simpler stuff at my own accord (merge posts, sticky threads, post general rules, etc.) but for more serious things (block someone from posting, deleting threads), my submissions would go to one of the real mods who would then approve/deny changes. 

Just a thought. 

I hate the fact that I've been on here so long and I used to see so many faces on here all the time... and now I only recognize like 5-6 people since the old days. I guess some of them are still around but just don't post as much.

This site was a lot better when it was smaller and I can definitely understand why there doesn't seem to be any modding going on. It's so hard to keep track of... anything.

Maybe not the best idea, but I was on another forum back in the day (it was a Transformers forum) where there were a few overall mods (who could basically do anything) and then there were sub-mods who were responsible for modding individual sections, usually people who were regulars in the sections. I was the mod of the video game and computers sections. I could do some of the simpler stuff at my own accord (merge posts, sticky threads, post general rules, etc.) but for more serious things (block someone from posting, deleting threads), my submissions would go to one of the real mods who would then approve/deny changes.

Just a thought.
CAG used to have that. They were called Forum Guides.

You know, you might be iffy on something like flipping or whatever, but can't we all agree that calling other users gay as an insult, "muslim homers", calling folks child molesters and using phrases like "sand nigger" and "towel head" to describe people are all things that aren't acceptable as a part of a mature discussion?

You know, you might be iffy on something like flipping or whatever, but can't we all agree that calling other users gay as an insult, "muslim homers", calling folks child molesters and using phrases like "sand nigger" and "towel head" to describe people are all things that aren't acceptable as a part of a mature discussion?
The VS forum is undmoderated.

CAG used to have that. They were called Forum Guides.
We still have at least one. Foladar. I don't think he visits CAG anymore though.

I think wario64 is a mod for the deal forum too. He'd be a good full mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...that's crazy. He's been on here for forever.

I actually did something similar on Operation Sports. I was very critical of how bad online play with MLB The Show back in like 2011 or 2012, and they kept censoring my posts. A few developers from The Show post there, and apparently they didn't want me upsetting them and potentially making them leave. 

My stance was basically "well, online is still broken...and I'm going to keep talking about it. So, you might as well ban me." The next day I had an email saying I had been banned "per my request", lol. It is my understanding that the current iteration of The Show...on PS4 no less, is still laggy as hell online, lol. I regret nothing. :)

In other "downfall of CAG" news, does anybody have any real idea how much traffic is down? I kind of doubt Cheapy or Programmer John would ever say anything (or blame the new forum software, slower load times, etc), but it's easily noticeable just by how long threads will stay on the first page of a forum.

Obviously, the deals forum stays moving more than any other. But the discussion forums are starting to feel like ghost towns with only 5-10 people on during prime hours. Sometimes threads will still be on the first page a week or two after the most recent post. It never used to be like that.

The other thing I'm noticing is like 75% of the people on CAG are guests. If you look at the main forum index, it's typically been showing about 2,000 people on and only about 500 are members. Maybe it's always been like that and I just never paid attention, but I could see that contributing to the feeling of a loss of community. It's mostly lurkers here now. It's depressing, man.

In other "downfall of CAG" news, does anybody have any real idea how much traffic is down? I kind of doubt Cheapy or Programmer John would ever say anything (or blame the new forum software, slower load times, etc), but it's easily noticeable just by how long threads will stay on the first page of a forum.

Obviously, the deals forum stays moving more than any other. But the discussion forums are starting to feel like ghost towns with only 5-10 people on during prime hours. Sometimes threads will still be on the first page a week or two after the most recent post. It never used to be like that.

The other thing I'm noticing is like 75% of the people on CAG are guests. If you look at the main forum index, it's typically been showing about 2,000 people on and only about 500 are members. Maybe it's always been like that and I just never paid attention, but I could see that contributing to the feeling of a loss of community. It's mostly lurkers here now. It's depressing, man.
it is just before the new software upgrade of the forum, we aren't able to how many users are members , or stalkers/lukers. alot of people from SD are coming here too. aside from the deals forum, the discussion forum has always been a bit slow. but over the years with more and more old members leaving. it is just becoming worst.

Alexa.com

He detested a lot of things, I'm sure this site finally got to him.
The site is dogshit and everyone that's been here longer than a couple years knows it. It's not regular "it used to be better" circlejerk. The site is god awful.

Hey Cheapy, thanks for not responding while I was busy telling the other winners of the Amazon CAG Child's Play winners PM that you'd respond to explain the delay in getting our prizes any minute...any minute...and didn't respond for a month. Even when I forwarded it to you twice asking for a little help.

Then there was that time I messaged and said the site sucked. Responded to in 9 minutes.

Priorities.

fuckin douchebag. This piece of shit is going to get hacked and you know if it's run this shitty, they're going to leak deets all over the place. No thanks. So well run you can't delete an account. Way to be pro, gentlemen. May the fleecing of gamers be ever in your favor.

Can I have my ban please now, since asking politely gets fuck all in this forum anymore?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/330107-delete-an-account/

/later dmaul, msut, et al. was always a good time until it wasnt.

http://goo.gl/3dZQuK

I guess I didn't leave a big enough impression to get mentioned by name? :(

OG's are abandoning the site like it's the Titanic...

I guess I didn't leave a big enough impression to get mentioned by name? :(

OG's are abandoning the site like it's the Titanic...
You gotta make me sign back in, dontcha dick.

I started writing your name then realized I would be here forever since a decade on a board leaves loose ends. Hit backspace and typed et al instead.

Later guys.

I think some people want to make a statement. But others might just be worried about security and hacks. Or simply don't like open accounts.
Yeah, speedracer's looks like he wants his info. removed from the site. Since he can't delete it, a ban is the next closest thing.

If he did leave the account open, and the site got attacked, it's possible passwords would/could be acquired. And if he's moved on from the site, he may not know when that happens.

Some others definitely do it for a "last hurrah" bit of attention though.

One last "like" for my homie, speedracer. I guess I'll hit him up on PSN.

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bOKsOveYD0

I say make me a mod.

It'll be hammer time for a lot of people if I get some power on CAG. :D

banhammer.png

We have people selling Humble Bundle games here and, as usual, the mods do nothing about it. Really great to see we're fine with not only going against their terms of use, but letting others profit off of what should be charity.

Bravo, guys.

The VS forum is undmoderated.
The can we change the description of the Vs. forum from "This is place for mature discussion and is NOT a flame forum."? Maybe something like "Come here to spew your rancid hate speech and attacks on others. We don't mind. Yay for calling people towel heads and camel jockeys!"

So uh can we get some mods?

I realize your response is going to be "just report the post" but it didn't used to be that way. Stuff like a dreamcast anniversary thread wouldn't have lasted 15 mins. Now it's up for hours. Same with someone selling their Xbox.

Cheapy, hire another mod. (Or six) This site is going to hell.

Btw peeps, if I get banned for complaining, it was nice knowing you. :)

Can we vote for new Mods then? I don't want to be a mod though. I have a feeling I would delete to many posts, put deals in the graveyard to quickly after they end and try to summarize information. I honestly like hiding (prefer deleting) my posts after they become redundant which would cause even more problems as a mod.

Can we vote for new Mods then? I don't want to be a mod though. I have a feeling I would delete to many posts, put deals in the graveyard to quickly after they end and try to summarize information. I honestly like hiding (prefer deleting) my posts after they become redundant which would cause even more problems as a mod.
I think your job as a non-mod is safe, considering you've been here all of seven weeks.

So uh can we get some mods?

I realize your response is going to be "just report the post" but it didn't used to be that way. Stuff like a dreamcast anniversary thread wouldn't have lasted 15 mins. Now it's up for hours. Same with someone selling their Xbox.

Cheapy, hire another mod. (Or six) This site is going to hell.

Btw peeps, if I get banned for complaining, it was nice knowing you. :)
Going to hell? It's been that way for a while. It's gotten ridiculous in VG Deals which is the only section I glance at regularly anymore. How many fucking Dreamcast anniversary threads were there? Now people are bumping a nearly 5 year old Black Friday thread. Besides Pookymeister I don't even know who's a mod anymore.

Is it possible to get a mod to help me out with my username?

Had accidentally changed my previous current username (just a few seconds ago) of "will.gtz" back to my old one of "stephensrandal". I clicked save without really reading because I thought it was asking for my password and I had the password already saved to my PC, so I press enter before I realized it was going to put my old username back.

Wanting to go to the simple display username of "will" instead of "will.gtz". Is it possible man?
If "will" isn't available, then I hope for "will2" then...

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Is it possible to get a mod to help me out with my username?

Had accidentally changed my previous current username (just a few seconds ago) of "will.gtz" back to my old one of "stephensrandal". I clicked save without really reading because I thought it was asking for my password and I had the password already saved to my PC, so I press enter before I realized it was going to put my old username back.

Wanting to go to the simple display username of "will" instead of "will.gtz". Is it possible man?
If "will" isn't available, then I hope for "will2" then...

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Just change it in a year :)

I'm scared guys, he's coming from New York to Houston to get me. 

[SIZE=13.63636302948px][attachment=8220:Screenshot 2014-09-15 at 8.18.10 AM.png][/SIZE]

LOL, why was he silenced? He should have been banned after the stuff he did the other night.

I started this thread back in June, and it took Cheapy almost three months to chime in and say he'll do something about it.  I think you've got a long wait on your hands.  Just embrace the mistake or create a new account.

bread's done
Back