Are there any mods left?

I started this thread back in June, and it took Cheapy almost three months to chime in and say he'll do something about it. I think you've got a long wait on your hands. Just embrace the mistake or create a new account.
Just wait till you see the 2013 cheapy awards!!

I started this thread back in June, and it took Cheapy almost three months to chime in and say he'll do something about it. I think you've got a long wait on your hands. Just embrace the mistake or create a new account.
I would have to agree. We'll see who the new mods are. Probably people to fit in with the new modus operandii.

If you were to be voted mod, what other alt accounts would you ban in your first week?
probably this guy http://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/490146-chrome3333/, his posting patterns are too similar to fairy pansa, consisting mostly of all flips, but i would still give him a warning to tune it down, and use my suggestion for a flip thread at the sub-forum on here.

i am not going to outright ban some unless, it is like the user i linked in my previus post before who is blatantly obvious in his spamming. i will also allow a flip thread outside the video games deals section, so the flippers wouldn't cluster the video games deals section with their constant target preorder + pm $1 call of duty ghost threads.

i will also delete any redudant posts, which repeatly ask the same questions like , how comes i don't see my posts pending, instead have them referring to the op. any posts like can i trade in sealed games, and take games to walmart for excahnge/ or gift card equals silence, or ban, depnding on the circumstances, if they are repeated offenders.

Last edited by a moderator:
probably this guy http://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/490146-chrome3333/, his posting patterns are too similar to fairy pansa, consisting mostly of all flips, but i would still give him a warning to tune it down, and use my suggestion for a flip thread at the sub-forum on here.

i am not going to outright ban some unless, it is like the user i linked in my previus post before who is blatantly obvious in his spamming. i will also allow a flip thread outside the video games deals section, so the flippers wouldn't cluster the video games deals section with their constant target preorder + pm $1 call of duty ghost threads.

i will also delete any redudant posts, which repeatly ask the same questions like , how comes i don't see my posts pending, instead them referring to the op. any posts like can i trade in sealed games, and take games to walmart for excahnge/ or gift card equals silence, or ban, depnding on the circumstances, if they are repeated offenders.
Trust me, you don't want the job. It's thankless, and no matter what you do in a given situation, you'll have equal numbers of people against you.

Hey look. Somebody has to do it.
True, but it really is a thankless job. Over the years, I've held varying positions of authority on a (much, much smaller) gaming forum. It's a generally good place, but the problem members and occasional forum drama flareups are real headaches. You not only need a firm hand and a good grasp of a forum's rules and culture, but also a certain kind of personality-- the type that doesn't let things get to you. Not many people are cut out for such a role, especially on a forum this size. Even if a mod has those qualities, seeing them leave and/or burn out after awhile usually doesn't come as much of a surprise to me :whistle2:|

Happy I was able to help.
Nah, I doubt it. You live off trolling others and trying but failing to provide input into subjects that you have no business in.

It's obvious you live a rather sad life, to the point where I almost feel sorry for you. The only place you can find anything to keep your fragile mind stable in, is on the internet.

Nah, I doubt it. You live off trolling others and trying but failing to provide input into subjects that you have no business in.

It's obvious you live a rather sad life, to the point where I almost feel sorry for you. The only place you can find anything to keep your fragile mind stable in, is on the internet.
Coming from the guy who had a hissy fit because he couldn't change his screen name correctly... and gets his feelings hurt from posts on a videogame deals forum.

Lol. Absolutely no clue. Would serve you well if you can mind your own business (seeking confrontation on the internet), instead of assuming.

CheayD, understood the situation fully as explained. 

Trust me, you don't want the job. It's thankless, and no matter what you do in a given situation, you'll have equal numbers of people against you.
This. So much this.

As much crap as GameFAQs gets, I do like the design of their moderation system.

I've seen it here though - users who got moderated for completely unacceptable behavior are now crying about the lack of mods. There's no winning with these types of people...

I wish the mods would do something about all the spam posts lately.  It seemed like a few days ago someone was actually on the ball and moving dead deals and questions to the appropriate forums but that has since stopped.

fuck being a mod. I was one on another site and it was just a bunch of people bitching and crying every 4 seconds because they were butthurt about something. It's not worth the effort. Plus, if you were to become a mod right now, it would suck because everything is so messed up, no matter the amount of time you had, you could never clean it up enough to please anyone.

fuck being a mod. I was one on another site and it was just a bunch of people bitching and crying every 4 seconds because they were butthurt about something. It's not worth the effort. Plus, if you were to become a mod right now, it would suck because everything is so messed up, no matter the amount of time you had, you could never clean it up enough to please anyone.
Yep, and if you delete *this* you'll get PMs and posts pissing and moaning because you didn't delete *that*. It's lose-fuck ing-lose.

I wish the mods would do something about all the spam posts lately. It seemed like a few days ago someone was actually on the ball and moving dead deals and questions to the appropriate forums but that has since stopped.
I have been brought on a week ago to help with the spam posts. CheapyD has a solution to fixing the uptick in spam threads/posts. In the meanwhile I will be handling them, sometimes it might take awhile before I can come on to remove it. As long as a report is made, I will see it, as will the other mods.

I have been brought on a week ago to help with the spam posts. CheapyD has a solution to fixing the uptick in spam threads/posts. In the meanwhile I will be handling them, sometimes it might take awhile before I can come on to remove it. As long as a report is made, I will see it, as will the other mods.
I reported a spammer yesterday. That tracking pixel guy.

Who is going to take care of the recycled idiot alt accounts?

I reported a spammer yesterday. That tracking pixel guy.

Who is going to take care of the recycled idiot alt accounts?
All the spam threads/posts should be taken care of already. Alt accounts is something I will let the other mods and CheapyD deal with. They have more experience on how to find them and confirm they are alts.

Yep, and if you delete *this* you'll get PMs and posts pissing and moaning because you didn't delete *that*. It's lose- fuck ing-lose.
Pretty much summed it up perfectly.

All the spam threads/posts should be taken care of already. Alt accounts is something I will let the other mods and CheapyD deal with. They have more experience on how to find them and confirm they are alts.
I wish you the best of luck on your new thankless job. And if you really want to go finding out alts, you have a number of tools at your disposal to find them.

It's not a thankless job.

I'd thank myself everyday for banning some of these people on the forum, or at least giving them a time out in the corner for a few days.

"Hey, Squarehard.  You're doing a bang up job cleaning up the trash, so here's a cookie."

"Hot damn!" *proceeds to eat cookie*

Hey hey hey. No need to call YBX87 and lord villa tools. :)
lol, i thought you were part of the tools group, but they should really bring back the flipper club ,/thread or some thing so users like chrom333 would stop posting the pm target get call of duty ghost for $1 nearly weekly. lets be realistic peopl are buying it to flip/trade to gs/bb.

I just want to let you all know, I approve of all of you for making this thread so funny. I am throughly amused after reading through it, so thanks for that.

Except Rozz. What a tool.

I just want to let you all know, I approve of all of you for making this thread so funny. I am throughly amused after reading through it, so thanks for that.

Except Rozz. What a tool.
Hey Fairypansa, you said that you had me on ignore.

bread's done
Back