Arizona Congresswoman Giffords (D-AZ) Shot During Public Event

I see your point thrustbucket, but the talking heads of the Republican party do spew far more hatred than the left. They're a more bigoted, more prejudiced, more gun-toting and xenophobic party. Also they're more violent, more likely to stomp a liberal's head in.

I agree through that this tragedy ought not be used to make political points.

[quote name='IRHari']Damn that quote had me fooled too. FOX is playing her response every chance it gets, and it seems like her response was pretty measured.[/QUOTE]

This is from Palin's response:

"But, especially within hours of a tragedy unfolding, journalists and pundits should not manufacture a blood libel that serves only to incite the very hatred and violence they purport to condemn. That is reprehensible."

Journalists and pundits are saying things that could incite violence? I don't understand that.

[quote name='chiwii']This is from Palin's response:

"But, especially within hours of a tragedy unfolding, journalists and pundits should not manufacture a blood libel that serves only to incite the very hatred and violence they purport to condemn. That is reprehensible."

Journalists and pundits are saying things that could incite violence? I don't understand that.[/QUOTE]

I don't get it either. I guess her (or her speech writer's) logic is that by blaming this on the tea party, Beck, Palin etc. the media risks further pissing off the fringe elements of that movement.

But even that's a stretch since it's mostly just calls for civility and toning down hateful rhetoric rather than strong attacks aimed at the right from what I've seen.

[quote name='usickenme']No it was not from Palin. It is paraphrasing Al Sharpton's response

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2011/01/sarah_palins_missed_opportunit.html[/QUOTE]

Meh, I was looking for at least some measure of admitting regret for her statements.

[quote name='chiwii']This is from Palin's response:

Journalists and pundits are saying things that could incite violence? I don't understand that.[/QUOTE]
:roll:
Now that sounds like a politician. "Its not my fault, but I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that it's the media's fault and the other party"

and let's not forget her use of the word 'blood libel', which is confirmed to be racist. I knew this despicable women was a racist from day 1.

If Sarah Palin, right wing talk radio and Fox News feel that they are being unfairly blamed because of the act of any extremists, perhaps they can ask Muslims for advice on how to deal with that.

[quote name='62t']If Sarah Palin, right wing talk radio and Fox News feel that they are being unfairly blamed because of the act of any extremists, perhaps they can ask Muslims for advice on how to deal with that.[/QUOTE]:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I lol'd. Well done sir.

[quote name='62t']If Sarah Palin, right wing talk radio and Fox News feel that they are being unfairly blamed because of the act of any extremists, perhaps they can ask Muslims for advice on how to deal with that.[/QUOTE]

So, you're saying those blaming Palin, etc. are as awesome as those blaming all Muslims?

[quote name='IRHari']I guess this is the Breitbart standard of evidence. If it wasn't captured on video it probably didn't happen.[/QUOTE]

The Breitbart standard would be a step above the current "Well, we have no evidence that the current political atmosphere had any influence on the situation - in fact, all evidence seems to be go against that... but we'll still put all the blame on it anyway."

lol...
"Targeted Republicans"
"Behind Enemy Lines"
"Ripe Targets"

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-sh...-standard-dems-also-used-target-map-elections

DLC-Targeting-map.gif

No, your standard of proof right now is: you guys are posting about it on CAG now. You didn't post about it on CAG back then. You must not have been outraged about it back then since you're only posting about it post-Tucson.

Not everyone goes to CAG to vent about things that make them upset or disgust them.

And I think the comments in this blog have already addressed the Dem map:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=18315

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if people stopped trying to vilify her as the reason this happened and waited until this was atleast not so fresh, it'd completely ruin her once people were ready to go back to business as usual.

Not that she's going anywhere but no one would have anything to say if people turned the argument from "dangerous rhetoric" to "irresponsible and unfit politician". Blaming this on her is like blaming violence on video games.

[quote name='rumblebear']and let's not forget her use of the word 'blood libel', which is confirmed to be racist. I knew this despicable women was a racist from day 1.[/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_libel

Why are you fucking shit up more lady?

[quote name='IRHari']Not everyone goes to CAG to vent about things that make them upset or disgust them.[/QUOTE]

Isn't this the same forum that had like a whole topic full of people with their panties in a bunch because Palin made some comments about Family Guy?

Yet there was this awful, evil, violent map made by everyone's whipping girl and there wasn't a single comment on it? Not even in the "Stay Classy" thread?

Truth be told, I'd say there's a pretty good chance few of you saw the map before this incident. I hadn't, but, then again, I don't really follow Palin one way or another, so I don't honestly know how much attention the map had before this incident.

[quote name='IRHari']I thought it was a pretty nice event. Obama's speech was decent.

Did anyone see Biden or Boehner there?[/QUOTE]

Boehner bailed,

No one is really sure why.

He may be just a giant walking taint by default or perhaps he is scared about appearing in public near Obama.

I thought it was a good speech although no one will hear because they aren't listening and don't care.

As for Palin... how, HOW did she get anywhere... ?

[quote name='rumblebear']and let's not forget her use of the word 'blood libel', which is confirmed to be racist. I knew this despicable women was a racist from day 1.[/QUOTE]

Settle down bro. It's not racist, it's just bigoted. It's a religious thing.

Seriously - you're on the right side here, you just need to calm down a little. Take a nap or something.

[quote name='camoor']Seriously - you're on the right side here, you just need to calm down a little. Take a nap or something.[/QUOTE]
Or he's a troll.

How is this so god damn hard?

[quote name='The Crotch']Or he's a troll.

How is this so god damn hard?[/QUOTE]

Because he's saying what some people here actually believe?

RE: The memorial service

Barry sure isn't as effective a speaker when he's without his teleprompter, is he? The plus side of that is that he didn't have as much of that obnoxious cadence he usually speaks with for all of his speech, so there's that.

I did find the cheering and the t-shirt business pretty unseemly. This was a memorial service for people who had been murdered, not a pep rally.

The beginning with the Native American guy? Politicized weirdness.

I see this morning that some sources are saying that Barry may have undermined a federal charge for the killing of the judge, hope that's not the case:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshg...dercuts_federal_charge_for_judges_murder.html

Should have run that bit by Legal, Barry.

None of this stuff is unexpected, and to be honest, I figured it would have been more politicized than it was (so far). Still some tasteless and tacky, but not as bad as it could have been.

[quote name='Don Chubo']Barry sure isn't as effective a speaker when he's without his teleprompter, is he? The plus side of that is that he didn't have as much of that obnoxious cadence he usually speaks with for all of his speech, so there's that.[/quote]
[partisan]
Where was Boehner? I noticed he wasn't in attendance. You'd think the most powerful Republican in America would have been there. I read Obama invited him to come with on Air Force One. Anyone know what Boehner did yesterday that was so important?
[/partisan]

[quote name='Don Chubo']Barry sure isn't as effective a speaker when he's without his teleprompter, is he? [/QUOTE]

This is why we can't have nice things.

[quote name='speedracer'][partisan]Where was Boehner? I noticed he wasn't in attendance. You'd think the most powerful Republican in America would have been there. I read Obama invited him to come with on Air Force One. Anyone know what Boehner did yesterday that was so important?[/partisan][/QUOTE]

What difference does it make if he's standing on a podium or watching it at home on his TV? None.

[quote name='Don Chubo']I see this morning that some sources are saying that Barry may have undermined a federal charge for the killing of the judge, hope that's not the case:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshg...dercuts_federal_charge_for_judges_murder.html

Should have run that bit by Legal, Barry.[/QUOTE]

How in the world would anything Obama said, someone who wasn't there (involved as a witness) or in personal contact with the judge, be able to be used in court as evidence to undermine a case. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

[quote name='perdition(troy']What difference does it make if he's standing on a podium or watching it at home on his TV? None.[/quote]
Except he wasn't at home watching it.

[quote name='perdition(troy']What difference does it make if he's standing on a podium or watching it at home on his TV? None.
[/Quote]
It does make a difference. Physical presence can indicate support. Especially if you have to go through some trouble to get there. Considering that one of the victims was a member of the body over which he presides, I would have expected him in attendance. But, maybe he did have something important to do.
How in the world would anything Obama said, someone who wasn't there (involved as a witness) or in personal contact with the judge, be able to be used in court as evidence to undermine a case. That just doesn't make any sense to me.
Agreed. That's a silly partisan argument.

Just make sure you remember that if Barry blows something off (I seem to remember him ditching something recently, but I can't recall what it was at this time). I'm sure that you will, after all it's not just something to defend your guy and trash Boehner.

As far as his comment undermining a federal charge, I'm not sure how much weight it has. Like I said, I would hope that isn't the case.

Just remember that anything I say that is nonsensical and partisan driven should be construed as the absolute smartest thing I could possibly hope to say, right after "these hot dogs suuuuuure taste good, like good hot dogs."

[quote name='perdition(troy']As crazy as this may sound, it still makes absolutely no difference.[/QUOTE]
Right. Hence the [partisan] tag. About as much difference as OMG ITS TELEPROMPTER HUSSEIN AGAIN. That was my point. I wasn't going to torture the shit out of it, but here we are.

[quote name='mykevermin']http://gawker.com/5732700/[/QUOTE]
HAHAHHA..."Straight shooter?" More like couldn't hit the broadside of a barn the size of the Titanic...LOLOLOLZ

That grouping is worse than the first time I shot an AR.

edit: 2 inch groups at 20 yds standing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The police reports have been released.

http://www.dailynews.com/breakingnews/ci_17079366

...I was only able to skim about half of it, but so far it looks like just an extension of what we know already (pages 30-31 are particularly interesting). From what I've read so far, it looks like his former University has a pretty long record of incidents this guy. It should be interesting to see what they say when they're released.

At least Rush is a straight shooter and not a gay shooter.

RE: The memorial service

[quote name='Don Chubo'] Barry sure isn't as effective a speaker when he's without his teleprompter, is he? The plus side of that is that he didn't have as much of that obnoxious cadence he usually speaks with for all of his speech, so there's that.[/QUOTE]

Y'know Don Chubo might be a troll too. There are people here who actually believe this!

[quote name='Don Chubo'] I did find the cheering and the t-shirt business pretty unseemly. This was a memorial service for people who had been murdered, not a pep rally.[/QUOTE]

It was different, true, but people overcome grief in different ways. Who the fuck am I, or who the fuck are you, to tell the people in Tucson, who were directly affected, how to remember the ones they loved?

I have seen your same complaint all over the place but have yet to see it from anyone who is actually from Tucson.

bread's done
Back