Arkham City Preorder PS3/XBOX360 + $10 eGift card and Arkham Asylum GOTY at Walmart

audilover

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Right now if you preorder Batman Arkham City on PS3 or XBOX 360 at walmart.com as a bonus you get a $10 e-gift card and Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition for $59.96 + tax and shipping. Great deal especially if you don't already have Arkham Asylum!

PS3 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...3/16553238

360 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...0/16553239

Credit:kroutonkruncher [sd]

Seems like a good deal if you haven't the first like me. I think this is the best deal yet if you haven't played the first. I am probably just going to sell the Special Edition I got from amazon for 60.

Well, at least my order seems to be doing good on shipping. When I check order status, I see
Your order is being processed. It will arrive on Tuesday, 10/18/2011
Chose the free shipping option and at least it looks like I'll get it on release day.

funny...just saw a commercial for the walmart batman release, and it says "get your copy of AC, with a copy of AA included free"

starting to worry less now

Dont know if this has been asked already, but does this stack with the buy 3 get a $50 GC promo?

EDIT: Nevermind, I answered my own question. Looks like they have two SKUs for Batman:AC, one with the bonus AA and the $10GC, and one without the $10GC. The one without the $10GC is the only one you can select as part of the $50GC promo.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Well, at least my order seems to be doing good on shipping. When I check order status, I see
Chose the free shipping option and at least it looks like I'll get it on release day.[/QUOTE]

Don't get your hopes up. It said that for my GoW3 that was supposed to have release day shipping but came 3 days later...

They also sent it in the baggie that they were supposed to because it had a physical cardboard code for the savage grenadier, but forgot to put the code in it.

Online said they wouldn't accept it if I sent it back in as I must have taken the code out. I spent 20 minutes with 2 managers in a Walmart explaining that the item is still sealed and that there is no "bundled" item...

1 good thing came out of it. A gaming supervisor was grabbing his returns while I was up there. Later he walked up to me and handed me an unused code for the savage grenadier explaining they had extras from the midnight release. I told him thank you, but I eventually got them to return the item. He said I could still have it as an encouragement to come back in for the next release. He then said " Doesn't matter as they will be destroying them shortly" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$20+ a pop on ebay just trashed.

It could definitely be a second disc inside the regular case (Like Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2, Lego Batman/Pure, etc.) and that is what I'm expecting it to be.

I can't wait for this. It's already gotten a 10/10 from gameinformer and it leaked that IGN will be giving it a 10 as well. Gamemasters(?) gave it a 97% and said it was one of the best games ever made...

[quote name='Javery']It could definitely be a second disc inside the regular case (Like Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2, Lego Batman/Pure, etc.) and that is what I'm expecting it to be.[/QUOTE]

if you read a few pages back, a walmart employee stated it was the 2 games wrapped together in 2 game boxes

[quote name='thebytewasbit']If this is true then I might be at my walmart early tuesday. Kmart deal is stellar but I never played arkham asylum other than the demo and this would be great to buy together.[/QUOTE]
If you're actually able to, I would definitely suggest trying to go to a WalMart Supercenter for around midnight next Monday night, as that would be the best shot you'd have of grabbing a copy of B: AC that's bundled with B: AA GOTY assuming all of the WM stores are getting them in.

This is how I managed to grab the :ps3: GTA IV Special Edition three years ago when I was getting the usual 'we only have enough to cover pre-orders' crap from the people from GS.:roll:

But if you wait till later in the day on Tuesday to go, then it may be too late by then.

[quote name='Javery']It could definitely be a second disc inside the regular case (Like Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2, Lego Batman/Pure, etc.) and that is what I'm expecting it to be.[/QUOTE]

A couple WM employees have said that it is a separate game bundles in a sealed baggie. The sealed bag has the SKU on the bag itself for the bundle. The SKU on the bag identifies what needs to be returned with Batman AC in order to get a refund (this case AA GOTY).

They did the same for GoW3 Savage elite skins since they were physical cards that were sent in the sealed bag along with the game.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Dont know if this has been asked already, but does this stack with the buy 3 get a $50 GC promo?

EDIT: Nevermind, I answered my own question. Looks like they have two SKUs for Batman:AC, one with the bonus AA and the $10GC, and one without the $10GC. The one without the $10GC is the only one you can select as part of the $50GC promo.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the 3 game bundle with $50 gc like two days ago and I was able to choose Batman: AC with bonus. I emailed walmart if I was suppose to get the $10 gc along with the $50 gc and got shot down.

[quote name='Raze4tw']I'm a dept. manager for walmart electronics. I can confirm my store has the game currently. All of our initial order include the AA:goty in a separate case shrink-wrapped along with Arkham City. Stores can differ, but you couldn't buy AC without AA stuck to it even if you wanted too from my store.[/QUOTE]
Is that deal for online orders only or can you preorder in store?

[quote name='gera2396']Is that deal for online orders only or can you preorder in store?[/QUOTE]
Unless they've changed it, you just have to be in store(as mentioned by me above) at midnight next Monday to grab the bundled version when they bring it out from the back.

Although now they do have a desk in store where you can pick up online orders and such, so you may be able to do a pre-order online and get it sent to your store.

I think I'm going with Amazon + release day delivery. I've got $20 credit from GoW3 making it only $40 plus I get the $10 GC. I also already own the Arkham Asylum GOTY edition so I don't need another copy... I can't wait for this game though!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Unless they've changed it, you just have to be in store(as mentioned by me above) at midnight next Monday to grab the bundled version when they bring it out from the back.

Although now they do have a desk in store where you can pick up online orders and such, so you may be able to do a pre-order online and get it sent to your store.[/QUOTE]
Ok thanks

I am trying to curb my enthusiasm for this game. It can't possibly be as good as it looks like it is going to be. That said, I can't wait to play it. damn you hype wagon!!

[quote name='Javery']I think I'm going with Amazon + release day delivery. I've got $20 credit from GoW3 making it only $40 plus I get the $10 GC. I also already own the Arkham Asylum GOTY edition so I don't need another copy... I can't wait for this game though![/QUOTE]
I think I'm gonna take my chances with grabbing one next Monday at midnight, since even though I played through the original Arkham Asylum I want to see what's been added for the GOTY. Not to mention it's like paying $30 for the copy of AA and $30 for AC by getting the bundle.

Any excuse in a storm to convince myself to get AC without waiting for a price drop.:lol:

Someone posted a video w/ the 1st 15 minutes of it today... I got about 3 minutes in and finally broke down and preordered it... I've never played AA either - double bonus.

[quote name='Javery']I think I'm going with Amazon + release day delivery. I've got $20 credit from GoW3 making it only $40 plus I get the $10 GC. I also already own the Arkham Asylum GOTY edition so I don't need another copy... I can't wait for this game though![/QUOTE]

How do you receive release day delivery with Amazon, do you have to sign up for prime?

[quote name='mr mellow']How do you receive release day delivery with Amazon, do you have to sign up for prime?[/QUOTE]
If you sign up for Prime you get release day delivery "free", if you dont have prime but Release day shipping is available you should be able to pay an extra 99 cents to get it on release day.

[quote name='ShockandAww']If you sign up for Prime you get release day delivery "free", if you dont have prime but Release day shipping is available you should be able to pay an extra 99 cents to get it on release day.[/QUOTE]

Okay, i will have to look for that option, didn't see it when i pre ordered B:AC, thanks for the info :)

Is it me, or does the PS3 version of this deal not show up? I was about to jump on this.. but I'm not sure the PS3 one gets Arkham Asylum anymore..

[quote name='Graviex']Is it me, or does the PS3 version of this deal not show up? I was about to jump on this.. but I'm not sure the PS3 one gets Arkham Asylum anymore..[/QUOTE]

I think that's because they've sold out of pre-orders for that particular version of the game.

[quote name='BadBoy787512']I think that's because they've sold out of pre-orders for that particular version of the game.[/QUOTE]

Figured =( Thats too bad.. Would it still be eligible if ordered in-store?

[quote name='Raven19x']Tempting, but I don't buy from Walmart.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm the same. I just pre-ordered the 360 version from Amazon for the $10 credit and I used my Amazon Visa so I got to use $7 worth of rewards points.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Raven19x']Tempting, but I don't buy from Walmart.[/QUOTE]

Normally don't either but this was too good to pass up as I always wanted to play AA, but never got around to it.

The only thing I wished is if they could have given me AA early so I could play through before AC. I'm gonna have to play AC first now as I plan to trade it in and want to get the highest TiV.

[quote name='Graviex']Figured =( Thats too bad.. Would it still be eligible if ordered in-store?[/QUOTE]

More than likely not, but another option might be to try going in to your local Wal-Mart for the game's mid-night release. You may be able to procure a copy that way.

[quote name='BadBoy787512']More than likely not, but another option might be to try going in to your local Wal-Mart for the game's mid-night release. You may be able to procure a copy that way.[/QUOTE]

+1 just for using procure

[quote name='mr mellow']How do you receive release day delivery with Amazon, do you have to sign up for prime?[/QUOTE]

I just tried to order AC Collectors edition with release day shipping. They aren't offering it for this it seems. They only offered 1 day shipping for $10. Which is odd because they usually do offer the release day for .99

So did anyone figure out if this would be available in store as a regular early copy of the game? Like the first few copies in store will have AA GOTY and then when restocked it will be separate? I know at my WalMart, they have banners and ads showing Arkham City bundled with AA GOTY and it says nothing about having to preorder it. I'll call later and post here if I don't get an answer.

[quote name='scorch62']So did anyone figure out if this would be available in store as a regular early copy of the game? Like the first few copies in store will have AA GOTY and then when restocked it will be separate? I know at my WalMart, they have banners and ads showing Arkham City bundled with AA GOTY and it says nothing about having to preorder it. I'll call later and post here if I don't get an answer.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like that's how it will be. A WM employee said they were going to get the bundles in store. So sounds like confirmation.

[quote name='Devilman72']I just tried to order AC Collectors edition with release day shipping. They aren't offering it for this it seems. They only offered 1 day shipping for $10. Which is odd because they usually do offer the release day for .99[/QUOTE]

I went with free shipping and my order history says that my copy will be delivered on the 18th (release day).

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']I went with free shipping and my order history says that my copy will be delivered on the 18th (release day).[/QUOTE]

he's referring to amazon's release date shipping for .99$

Good deal but for anyone who has already played the first one, might not be that great.

I am going with kmart's $30 coupon and T-shirt....seems like an amazing deal. Don't care about the T-Shirt that much but $30 gaming coupon with all of these awesome games coming out at once is too good to be true.

Plus I have my $25 from the dark souls deal there to spend on it. YAY!

Edit: nvm I just saw where kmart changed it to $30 coupong plus $10 coupon for Lotr:War in the North!!!!! nice

Just in case anyone is still worried about the PS3 release, I sent this email to Walmart:
"Hello, I would like confirmation that this order will include Batman: Arkham Asylum as a bonus."
They replied:
"You will receive the bonus content with your order, it has been included."
Seems as though all should be well :)

[quote name='spacebooger']I thought it was odd that in my email response they told me I ordered Arkham City PS3 and will get Arkham Asylum Xbox360:[/QUOTE]
Got a response from Walmart:
Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding your recent order for the Batman: Arkham City (PS3). Please allow me to apologize for the confusion and for the error in our previous correspondence. Your order was for the Arkham City game for PS3 with the bonus Arkham Asylum for the PS3 as well.
So everything looks good for those of us who ordered it with bonus.

So based on what people said a page back Walmart is no longer offering Batman AA for people who pre-order it on ps3? Anyone know why?

[quote name='kube00']So based on what people said a page back Walmart is no longer offering Batman AA for people who pre-order it on ps3? Anyone know why?[/QUOTE]
No, it's still available.

[quote name='kube00']So based on what people said a page back Walmart is no longer offering Batman AA for people who pre-order it on ps3? Anyone know why?[/QUOTE]

Conspiracy against Sony...

1) It looks like for PS3 you get either AA or the gift card (two separate listings), but not both. The 360 version is still listed as having both.

2) Nice to see other people get a response from Walmart. I sent them a question over 2 days ago and nothing.

[quote name='bromans12']I would still go with the K-mart deal. Get a $30.00 gaming coupon and a shirt with every* purchase of Arkham City.[/QUOTE]

*limit of 3 per account

Fixed it for you

Question: I pre-ordered the PC version at GmG back when it was $35, but in light of the November delay (a month that's already jam packed with triple A titles), I'm thinking of canceling it and nabbing it at Best Buy instead.

Does anyone know the best way to cancel a GmG pre-order, and how much time they typically give you in order to do so? Since it's not out until mid november, I assume I still have time.

[quote name='bromans12']I would still go with the K-mart deal. Get a $30.00 gaming coupon and $10 off LOTR with every purchase of Arkham City.[/QUOTE]

fixed

bread's done
Back