Arkham City Preorder PS3/XBOX360 + $10 eGift card and Arkham Asylum GOTY at Walmart

audilover

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Right now if you preorder Batman Arkham City on PS3 or XBOX 360 at walmart.com as a bonus you get a $10 e-gift card and Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition for $59.96 + tax and shipping. Great deal especially if you don't already have Arkham Asylum!

PS3 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...3/16553238

360 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-...0/16553239

Credit:kroutonkruncher [sd]

Seems like a good deal if you haven't the first like me. I think this is the best deal yet if you haven't played the first. I am probably just going to sell the Special Edition I got from amazon for 60.

For the WM preorder 3, get a $50 e-card, each game ships separately, right? I only ask because on my thing it says it would arrive on March 15th...

[quote name='Templar Sage']1) It looks like for PS3 you get either AA or the gift card (two separate listings), but not both. The 360 version is still listed as having both.[/QUOTE]
You still get both with the PS3 version.

On the Walmart page, there's two options to select. If you want AA GOTY & $10 eGift card, I think you have to select the one called "Batman: Arkham City w/ Bonus* (PS3)." If you select the one called "Batman: Arkham City (PS3)" then you just get the $10 eGift card. Well...I think that's how it works...

[quote name='Servbot24']You still get both with the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, only if you preordered when they offered both. Now, from the look of the listings, you only get one.

Like I've mentioned before, I contacted Walmart over 2 days ago to clarify their online listings, and have received absolutely no response.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Yay, my copy just shipped :D[/QUOTE]

Same, via Fedex set to arrive on the 18th. I'm excited.

Got it for the 360. I was waiting for Amazon to match but I took the bait anyways. Won't get my copy till the 26th but I have hella hw anyways the week before. Thanks OP!

From the looks of it, you have the option of choosing either the plain vanilla or the version with AA GOTY for the $10 bundle. I wonder how it will work out in real life though.

Tracking says the shipment weighs 1.0lbs, which makes me think that is a good thing. If I don't get AA as a bonus for some reason, I will return Arkham City and buy it somewhere else. I usually do not like shopping at Wal-Mart.

So is it safe toassume that the GOTY is already bundled (based on previous posts) and to just pick up the game on release day? I want to preorder it, but when adding Arkham City w/ GOTY to cart, the picture changes to just the regular Arkham City at checkout. Also, free shipping has changed to a 10/26 ship date.

Wow lol, yesterday mine said: Batman: Arkham City w/ Bonus* $10 eGift Card & Batman: Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360) and today it is shipped with 1.0lb and it says Batman: Arkham City w/ Bonus* $10 eGift Card (Xbox 360).

That sucks, but considering I still got it for $42 plus a $10 gc, I'd still have gone with them. But if I don't get my AA GotY I'll be emailing CS on this one, otherwise I would've gotten it at Best Buy and sold that Robin skin for whatever absurd amount people on eBay will be paying (because you KNOW they will).

[quote name='mr_bungle']Wow lol, yesterday mine said: Batman: Arkham City w/ Bonus* $10 eGift Card & Batman: Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360) and today it is shipped with 1.0lb and it says Batman: Arkham City w/ Bonus* $10 eGift Card (Xbox 360).

That sucks, but considering I still got it for $42 plus a $10 gc, I'd still have gone with them. But if I don't get my AA GotY I'll be emailing CS on this one, otherwise I would've gotten it at Best Buy and sold that Robin skin for whatever absurd amount people on eBay will be paying (because you KNOW they will).[/QUOTE]

From what I've read, the Robin skin and challenges maps will be purchasable DLC in 2-3 weeks. The suggested price I've heard will be $6.99.

[quote name='Templar Sage']From what I've read, the Robin skin and challenges maps will be purchasable DLC in 2-3 weeks. The suggested price I've heard will be $6.99.[/QUOTE]

That didn't stop someone from paying $60 for my Klassic Reptile skin about 2 weeks before the whole pack was released for $5 lol. People on eBay pay insane amounts for DLC codes.

So i'm debating on going for the $50 gift card deal through walmart.

Buy 3 copies of Batman get 3 copies of Arkham Asylum and get a $50 gift card.

I saw the review of this game and had to bite at full price... it'll come with Arkham Asylum which I had sold off (and can sell off again if need be) and I'm sure I can spend 10 bucks on walmart no problem... *sigh... this and gamefly

[quote name='mgford11']Ordered mine a couple days ago- no shipment conf :( no release day shipping for me[/QUOTE]

Mine said shipped today. Not expecting release day delivery though as my GoW I ordered from WM for the skin said the same. Then come a day late.

Although it was at my local hub 10 minutes away from me on Sunday 2 days before release.

I got my confirmation email from Walmart yesterday. The FedEx info says 1lb. So that sounds like 2 games(if they don't just put it by default). I guess we will see on Tuesday.

[quote name='digitopolis12']Is this offer still good, I can see the gift card but nothing about AA.[/QUOTE]

It's still good, you can still find it online on the Walmart website, and I just saw a couple of commercials on it too.

Just a FYI I called customer support about PS3 VERSION and they confirmed I would recieve Arkham Asylum with my Preorder. I preordered on the 3rd of October. They said their now out of stock of the AA addition with new preorders(ONLINE) and anyone who purchased it before the change of the game on the website will get Arkham Asylum bonus. I called the day I saw it posted on the website that they changed the preorder, so hopefully this helps anyone who was wondering about the preorder deal.

PS: Mine has been shipped as of today, so I will recieve on tuesday.

Yeah, Walmart just emailed me. Arkham Asylum GOTY isn't available for either the "$10 eGift card offer" or the "$50 eGift card + 3 preorders offer."

My only hope is that the AA GOTY deal is available in-store on release day. Is it a preorder-only deal, or will it be available in-store starting midnight on release day?

I got the $10 gift and AA deal when I preordered, They now only do the $10 dollars with no AA due to being out of stock.

[quote name='Peanut932']Yeah, Walmart just emailed me. Arkham Asylum GOTY isn't available for either the "$10 eGift card offer" or the "$50 eGift card + 3 preorders offer."

My only hope is that the AA GOTY deal is available in-store on release day. Is it a preorder-only deal, or will it be available in-store starting midnight on release day?[/QUOTE]

That would be great if it was available in store

[quote name='clyparkr']That would be great if it was available in store[/QUOTE]

I should call Walmart on Monday night. I might get one at midnight if it's available right away.

[quote name='GBAstar']Is it safe to say that the shipping weight for the combo pack AC and AA should be 1.0lbs for one set?[/QUOTE]

Should be. 1 game weighs between .02-.04.

Although this doesn't mean it is, because they could have just rounded it

[quote name='gregnied']Just noticed this today and they are sold out online, I hope this is available in store.[/QUOTE]

It is. I've seen it with my own eyes that the normal editions of the game are bundled with the GOTY edition.

Too bad It's street dated otherwise I would have posted pictures.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']It is. I've seen it with my own eyes that the normal editions of the game are bundled with the GOTY edition.

Too bad It's street dated otherwise I would have posted pictures.[/QUOTE]Same price of $59.96 or whatever? :lol:

[quote name='Monsta Mack']It is. I've seen it with my own eyes that the normal editions of the game are bundled with the GOTY edition.

Too bad It's street dated otherwise I would have posted pictures.[/QUOTE]

So it's the full game in a normal case?

Oh i missed it too....:(.....so will the store have this bundle on release day as well or shud i preorder in store? also store order wont get the $10 gc bonus, right?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']So it's the full game in a normal case?[/QUOTE]

Basically both games in their normal boxes (GOTY Platnum box art) shrink wrapped together. As far as I know It's $59.96.

I imagine since every Wal-Mart is going to be carrying these + the online wal-mart.com deal that the first one will drop a bit in price, at least used wise. Still a awesome deal regardless.

anyone know if this is pre-order only?? or it also works on day 1 in store pick up/buy?? since walmart site already doesn't work..

[quote name='yuanhongsung']anyone know if this is pre-order only?? or it also works on day 1 in store pick up/buy?? since walmart site already doesn't work..[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty positive that it's going to be in store too considering how much the commercial talks about it.

Did the commercial say anything about the deal lasting all week? Just wondering whether or not I should buy it right away.

[quote name='Peanut932']Did the commercial say anything about the deal lasting all week? Just wondering whether or not I should buy it right away.[/QUOTE]

It's bundled with the game I think so probably until they run out.

[quote name='Flame Killa']I'm pretty positive that it's going to be in store too considering how much the commercial talks about it.[/QUOTE]

ah ok. thx. gonna try to find the commercial now.

I seen the walmart commercial last night during Hell's Kitchen so it should be in store also because it said Arkham City bundle. Can't wait until mine gets here.

Whoa, just looked up my Fedex tracking # and it's already at my local fedex facility. I doubt they will deliver it Monday, but that would be a nice little surprise!

I have gotten stuff from walmart early. I got RDR 3 days before its release. I think I got LA Noire from them a day early also. I have also ordered three other games that came on the release date though.

bread's done
Back