assassins creed brotherhood CE PS3 $10.00 @ TRU

Alex121006

CAGiversary!
i just came back from my local toys r us in columbia maryland, and they had assassins creed brotherhood collectors edition (ps3 version) for $10.00 bucks. sorry if this was already posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats cuz only ps3 version is 9.98.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Is it common for the price checker to ring up differently than the register? Went to TRU on my lunch break and found one on 360 but it was ringing up for $99.99 on the price checker. There was no one in electronics to ask so I left because I needed to get back to work. Wasn't sure if TRU clearance is YMMV like target.[/QUOTE]

Well then...that would make a lot of sense. Unfortunately I didn't see any PS3 copies. Maybe I'll try a different store on the way home. Thanks for the info.

^that's because it's only for the ps3 version if you bothered reading the thread(s) at all

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']Unless you have a smart phone then you are out of luck as the mobile link is the only one that is working[/QUOTE]

what's the mobile link?

[quote name='itzd4n']^that's because it's only for the ps3 version if you bothered reading the thread(s) at all
[/QUOTE]

How about the OP add it to the title for the people who don't know? Only needs 3 characters.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']How about the OP add it to the title for the people who don't know? Only needs 3 characters.[/QUOTE]

I did add it to the listing, you just need to read more than the title listing.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I used the mobile link to score two saints rows !!!!!!!! score one for the straight edge society :). Now to sweep up the remaining 6 copys in manhattan[/QUOTE]

Once again...WHERE IS THE MOBILE LINK?

[quote name='strait edge follower']The straight edge society doesnt like that tone in your voice ! But here is the link lol

https://toysrus.digby.com/toysrus/p...ts Row: The Third Platinum Pac k for Sony PS3[/QUOTE]

He wants the mobile link for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition PS3, not SR3 Plat. I couldn't find any mobile link or any evidence of Ass Bro outside of the shelf tag at a TRU where it was marked $9.99. I took a pic of that and used that in my PMs at Best Buy.

[quote name='karkyco']He wants the mobile link for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition PS3, not SR3 Plat. I couldn't find any mobile link or any evidence of Ass Bro outside of the shelf tag at a TRU where it was marked $9.99. I took a pic of that and used that in my PMs at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Oh my bad lol. Its a shame that my bestbuys only have 360 versions of assassins creed ce. Unless they are in the back, i should check it out. Then again i dont have proof of the price drop :(

[quote name='itzd4n']^that's because it's only for the ps3 version if you bothered reading the thread(s) at all

same here! I went in trying to get sr3 but didn't want to walk out empty handed so grabbed one of these. willing to trade for SR3 if anyone is willing, pm me!

and lastly thanks op[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Alex121006']I did add it to the listing, you just need to read more than the title listing.[/QUOTE]

Dicks.

Just Checked at my local TRU in Cupertino, CA (SF Bay Area), and they had 1 in stock. Rang up as $99.99 but the regulaer copy was only $29.99.

Good luck to all to get it for $10.00

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Dicks.[/QUOTE]
Why are they dicks for pointing out where the information is available?:roll: As my new custom user title says: Reading Is Hard.

That seems especially true on this site anymore, where people expect you to answer questions already answered in either the OP or by other users throughout the thread repeatedly.

The best things I always hear from those lazy asses is "I have a life outside of CAG" or "I don't have time to read back X pages". Well, good for you. Now go back to paying MSRP for games if you can't be bothered to actually contribute and/or do shit for yourself on here.:booty:

Lazy Ass Gamers suck. Period.

The benefits of workin' at TRU~

Got two copies in Corona, CA. I was able to find 'em in the system at my store in Moreno Valley, can check any store anyone might be interested in. My old manager who was transferred to the Corona store didn't even believe me until we rang it up. Got 'em both for just under $20, if any CAG is interested in a trade I'm so looking for that Saints Row: The Third bundle~

had like 5 at a milwaukee wi store

if anyone looking to trade games hit me up - i got a couple ac bros (ps3)

but you gotta throw in a little $$$ for shipping cause these can be cheap to ship.

also looking for 2x new sealed mass effect 2's for the ps3

[quote name='NINJA V']had like 5 at a milwaukee wi store

if anyone looking to trade games hit me up - i got a couple ac bros (ps3)

but you gotta throw in a little $$$ for shipping cause these can be cheap to ship.

also looking for 2x new sealed mass effect 2's for the ps3[/QUOTE]
Your best bet to ship these is likely gonna be UPS Ground(bout $15 probably). Next safest bet would be Priority Mail from the USPS. But I definitely would put these in a slightly oversized box just going by the amount of bouncing around packages usually do en route via either service.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']what's the mobile link?[/QUOTE]
for real!
I had my BB price match the uhh..... Saints... cause they found it online.... but uhh............ no dice on ass bro .... cause I couldn't show them online....
i don't have a smartphone.. .maybe i can use one of their display ones.. or ask the manager who gave me Saints

Went looking for AC:B, Saints Row, and Gears 3 LE but all I could find was Gears 3 epic edition for $99.
I did find some black Assassins Creed Brotherhood tshirts that were on clearance for $1 originally $16.99. Most of them were size L and XL, but I found one S that was left. Also, there were a few Mario character tshirts that were on clearance for $4.99.

This is what the shirt looks like
$(KGrHqEOKpYE0VG+7Eg+BN,VqH)Gh!~~0_35.JPG

Scored one in Gurnee IL 10.73 with tax.....big box they had one in stock....what a deal! thanks OP! I also scored BF3 a week ago on Origin for $24.99 had a birthday coupon....saved over 50 bucks total :D

Does anyone have a screenshot of the TRU mobile page or proof of $10 price?
@PokemonRexRay
Were there any left in Gurnee?

[quote name='bfett9']Does anyone have a screenshot of the TRU mobile page or proof of $10 price?
@PokemonRexRay
Were there any left in Gurnee?[/QUOTE]

It isn't listed online.

To anyone, I am looking for the extras from the set, NOT the game. I hope someone can offer to sell/trade.

[quote name='frostxxfire']Went looking for AC:B, Saints Row, and Gears 3 LE but all I could find was Gears 3 epic edition for $99.
I did find some black Assassins Creed Brotherhood tshirts that were on clearance for $1 originally $16.99. Most of them were size L and XL, but I found one S that was left. Also, there were a few Mario character tshirts that were on clearance for $4.99.

$%28KGrHqEOKpYE0VG+7Eg+BN,VqH%29Gh%21%7E%7E0_35.JPG
[/QUOTE]
That is one awesome looking T-shirt, and only a $1 at that.

[quote name='htz']That is one awesome looking T-shirt, and only a $1 at that.[/QUOTE]

Blah, I may have to go back to my TRU for the third or fourth day in a row...

I can't see the pic. :(

Did anyone pick up extra shirts?

[quote name='dugbrandon']I found a couple on University in Des Moines while looking for the SR3 deal. I bought both, one for me and the other for a friend. I only got a couple of hours into the original game before I grew bored of it. I'll have to try to get into it again. Otherwise I just added another game to my self of games that I'll likely never finish.[/QUOTE]

The original Assassin's Creed was a fairly repetitive game with somewhat poor storytelling techniques and a not so interesting story or characters to begin with. Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations all much improved on it. I started the series with 2 and it quickly became one of my favorite series of all time. Went back and played 1 after I finished Revelations since it was included, and I hated it. If I had started there, I never would have played the rest and would have missed out. I highly recommend picking up 2 before delving into Brotherhood (it will just make better sense story-wise) but don't feel bad about having given up on the original.

Is the TRU 9.98 a clearance price? I went to my local BB and they refused to price match... in part because of the huge price drop (which shouldn't matter because of the policy), but also because they thought the price was a clearance which they're not obligated to match.

[quote name='SLACKBAKK']Just Checked at my local TRU in Cupertino, CA (SF Bay Area), and they had 1 in stock. Rang up as $99.99 but the regulaer copy was only $29.99.

Good luck to all to get it for $10.00[/QUOTE]

It's only the PS3 version that's on sale.

[quote name='frostxxfire']
$%28KGrHqEOKpYE0VG+7Eg+BN,VqH%29Gh%21%7E%7E0_35.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Pretty close to the one i got from Target clearance a while back. Not $1, but not too far off (and i like the red/no branding)
51f4NqsMP0L._SL160_.jpg

[quote name='solarnoise']Is the TRU 9.98 a clearance price? I went to my local BB and they refused to price match... in part because of the huge price drop (which shouldn't matter because of the policy), but also because they thought the price was a clearance which they're not obligated to match.[/QUOTE]
Of course it is a clearance price and their policy does state they don't have to match websites. Only local store competitors within a 25 mile radius that have it in stock.. and aren't clearance items

Picked PS3 version of AC Brotherhood: CE from the TRU at Westheimer in Houston. Thanks!! $10.80 out the door

Did see a 360 version in display case but no other PS3 versions. The guys at the store have no idea of what's in stock so you can ask and maybe they have more PS3 versions in the back or something.

Registered just to thank OP for the heads up on this. Had to call around to several TRU's to find one in the DC metro area that had AC:B Collectors in stock. Helpful folks at the Sterling location held one behind the desk so that folks could get Best Buy to price match. I ended up with three copies of AC:B (none for flipping -- gifts), a copy of Saints Row Plat Pack, and a copy of Gears of War Limited without any major hassle.

@ raiders80419
Tell the employee to ring up the price, because thats what I did. FYI, I couldn't find the item on the Mobile version.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I wonder why the 360 version of assassins creed hasnt droped yet ?[/QUOTE]

You mean the CE. right?
It did. I bought 2 CE. today (PS3) & when I told the employee about the sale price. His mouth drop & couldn't even believe it. He even got one for him self (360 version) when he brought my copies up front. Thanks OP for this awesome DEAL!!.

Staten Island,NY
TRU had 2 PS3 collector's edition left, but NO 360 version.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']
You mean the CE. right?
It did. I bought 2 CE. today (PS3) & when I told the employee about the sale price. His mouth drop & couldn't even believe it. He even got one for him self (360 version) when he brought my copies up front. Thanks OP for this awesome DEAL!!.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AEJustin1']Hmm so the 360 one has dropped in price now? I'll have to see if it dropped at my store.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call that confirmation unless the employee rang up in front of him too.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I wouldn't call that confirmation unless the employee rang up in front of him too.[/QUOTE]

Well he didn't because after he gave me my copies, he put his behind the counter & when i left the store I saw him pick up his & try to purchase it or scan it. Sorry for misleading information :(.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']@ raiders80419
Tell the employee to ring up the price, because thats what I did. FYI, I couldn't find the item on the Mobile version.

You mean the CE. right?

Staten Island,NY
TRU had 2 PS3 collector's edition left, but NO 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Lol, sounds like the employee got screwed. I could just imagine him scanning that 360 version expecting it to be the same price, then, his heart sinking as it comes up $89.99.

[quote name='raiders80419']Anyone have a pic of a receipt or a link to Assassin's Creed on Toys R Us' website so I can attempt a price match at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

2012-03-26_23-48-51_523.jpg

Don't know if that will work for you but you can try! :D

Just went in to double check 360 ce price, still at $100. It sucks cause I know 2 stores that both have 2 360 ce's a piece. All of the ps3 copies are sold out nearby.

bread's done
Back