Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood PS3 Discussion

I'm really loving this game now, it took me a while to get into but now I'm completely hooked. I love all the side missions and mini game-esque type features such as buying the shops and training your assassins. I haven't even tried the online yet but I think that also looks like a lot of fun so I'll give it a go once I'm finished the single player.

I'm really looking forward to playing this as much as possible this weekend in my nice warm house while the snow obliterates everything!

Finished the story last night. Wasn't caught too off guard by it all (mostly thanks to the "Ending sucked" discussion above). It wasn't bad, more of the same style of endings. They are going to have to step it up a bit in the next game though.

I have all but 1/2 the glyphs, 2 properties, 1 sync point, 1 romulus level, and a fast travel station. I'll probably go back in this weekend and clean those up, get the other half of the flags, and see if I can unlock the last Cristina mission (75% ?).

Finally put some hours into this and I was really bored in the beginning

it felt way too much like AC 2, then I got up to the 3rd SEQUENCE and

I finally got that feeling I loved about AC series, that entire sequence

was AMAZING!, I liked the Mario Reference( Ubi does it again LOL! ).

No I am finally in "BROTHERHOOD" mode( as the trophy told me )

Speaking of that, I see TONS of potential brotherhood members.....yet

Can I go get all of them or is the first 3 the only ones that matter??

[quote name='icedrake523']I hope they don't the mistake of having AC3 focus entirely on Desmond in the modern day. The appeal of AC is it's historical settings. I couldn't give a shit about Desmond.[/QUOTE]

Have you been paying attention to the story of this series since AC1???
The eventual DESMOND in 2012 game HAS TO HAPPEN, this character
went from being nothing in AC1 to evolving into an Assassin in AC2 and
now in Brotherhood he pretty much has what it takes to be an Assassin
in MODERN TIMES.

BTW if you paid attention in the story, THEIR WILL NEVER BE GUNS in this game since Ubisoft mocks it at one point in the game, so don't worry Desmond will more then likely just be in Modern day worlds we seen already
what you think it means when they took him to the MODERN DAY AUDITORE VILLA?

IT MEANS HE WILL go to Modern day places we seen already in AC3, the finally of the game will more then likely be Desmond taking on the old guy in a BIBLICAL BATTLE.

btw how many of you UNDERSTAND what this game story is all about????
if you know history you would realize who CESARE BORGIA and his FAMILY were
they were pure freaks, they had sex with each other as family members( the game shows this not sure if you noticed ), they were sadistic and seek pure dominance by any means.

Also THE POPE basically made sure his son CESARE BORGIA became THE FACE OF JESUS, look at his face in the game THAT'S JESUS FACE. Remember when the famous painter was called to Rome in AC2?. That's why the religious WARNING has been there since day 1 on AC games, they are referencing very religious content in this game that might offend somebody.

The Modern side of the story is basically about the "Illuminati" and their goal of creating prophecy( WORLD ENDS IN 2012 via SUN) then using the APPLE to dominate the entire world, just like the last boss on AC1 was controlling everybody, they seek that type of control but they need to create prophecy first, Asssasin's are trying to stop that.

This game is deep like that, I don't think many understand what is going on with this game, some just get lost in the story of Ezio and forget he is just one aspect of a story that is crossing the religious lines and breaking the 4th wall in video games, UBISOFT ARE ACTUALLY TEACHING YOU THEIR BELIEFS( again that's why the religious warning comes on the screen) this isn't FICTION, this game is all about CONSPIRACY, FACTS, BELIEFS all rolled into a open world game.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a new patch out but I can't find any info on what it does. Had Ubisoft mentioned anything about upcoming fixes?

I'm voting for Killagamer for president. He seems to know what's up.

i heard that there was some sort of glitch with the fast travel tunnels. It may have been to correct that... or it was just a tweak to the multiplayer.

I've caught assassin-training fever.... I had friends over last night for dinner and drinks and I just left the game running and kept going back to the pigeon coops so that I could keep sending my dudes out on contracts. Kind of addicting.

[quote name='mkernan']I've caught assassin-training fever.... I had friends over last night for dinner and drinks and I just left the game running and kept going back to the pigeon coops so that I could keep sending my dudes out on contracts. Kind of addicting.[/QUOTE]
I did the same thing the first week I was playing. I maked out the 8-9 guys I had in a day letting it run while i did chores.

I was worried that I was kind of sequence breaking by doing it that way, but it didn't have any sort of adverse effect on the game.

Here are the patch notes, although I think it should say 1.03:

ACB PATCH v1.02 NOTES:

SINGLE-PLAYER

General Stability Improvements.

Tunnel Fast-Travel Bug - Using the Tunnel before being shown how by Machiavelli no longer results in immediate desynch.

Subject 16 Completion Bug - You will be able to re-enter the Animus after completing the Subject 16 puzzles.

Invisible Crowd in Sequence 5 - The crowd around Micheletto during the play no longer contains invisible people.

Red Room Stuck - Ezio will not remain stuck in the Red Room when accessing a cluster from The Truth.

MULTIPLAYER

General Matchmaking Improvements - Certain crashes and infinite loading loops eradicated in this patch.

Extensive Refinement and Tweaking - Bonus scores altered (Coop bonuses divided by 2), pursuers must wait longer if their target is in the process of killing their own target, improvements to spawn point selection in team games.

Wrong Information - End Game page will no longer show inaccurate match information.

[quote name='cdrw123']Any one need a captain code from best buy i have an extra one?[/QUOTE]

I'd take it off your hands, certainly.

[quote name='Killagamer']btw how many of you UNDERSTAND what this game story is all about????
if you know history you would realize who CESARE BORGIA and his FAMILY were ...etc etc...
[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is this game is about religion? :pray:

Just finished it, and I even enjoyed the ending.
Kind of a typical cliffhanger ending for the second part of a trilogy (if you consider AC2+ACB the second chapter), so I thought it was effective.
Now I just hope the AC game coming out next year will be Assassin's Creed III, with a new setting, new protagonist, and that they'll wrap up the whole story and let the series end on a high note instead of dragging it out forever.

I finished it today (and was waaaaaay late back to work from my lunch break....) and thoroughly enjoyed the ending. Sure, it wasn't as interesting as the ending of AC2, but I still dug it.

I have 3 assassins in my guild leveled up all the way and I went to go assign some 5 star missions to them and it said I only had around a fourty percent success rate; How am I supposed to do the five star missions when their level can't get any higher?

[quote name='JMEPO']I have 3 assassins in my guild leveled up all the way and I went to go assign some 5 star missions to them and it said I only had around a fourty percent success rate; How am I supposed to do the five star missions when their level can't get any higher?[/QUOTE]

You have to take a gamble. If they're successful, you get a nice amount of florins. If they aren't so lucky, they're gone for good. That's why there's so many opportunities to recruit new assassins.

[quote name='Killagamer']stuffs[/QUOTE]Of course Cesare and the Borgia's were real living people once, most of the people from the games in this series were. And yes, they're often portrayed quite accurately in the game as well.

You do know that the reason they have all the historical facts and what not in the game is to make it more believable and feel more authentic, right? The warnings are there to keep people like you from thinking it's some huge conspiracy with ubisoft trying to shove their "religous beliefs", as you call it, down gamers throats so some idiot won't try to sue them.

It specifically states that the game was made by individuals that come from different backgrounds and beliefs. They say this to further cement the previous fact, and so that people will realize that those from all walks of life had a hand in making the game. To assure us that the historical and fictional aspects of the game were made purely for entertainment and were never intended to try and dissuade anyone's beliefs.

[quote name='JMEPO']I have 3 assassins in my guild leveled up all the way and I went to go assign some 5 star missions to them and it said I only had around a fourty percent success rate; How am I supposed to do the five star missions when their level can't get any higher?[/QUOTE]

Assign them to lower-level missions (and if there aren't any, keep playing the story line and more will open up). Also, you can send up to 5 recruits out on one mission, in case you weren't aware.

There was one 5-star mission I had that I could only get up to 97%, even with five maxed-out recruits. It might just be impossible to get 100% sometimes, unless there's some other way to improve their chances.

I think the red star ones are tied to the facebook game- but i may be wrong. the stars also seem to offer items as part of the reward.

For your amusement, a funny glitch I ran into last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajQBGAkyvhw&hd=1

Speaking of glitches, I had loaded up my game last night after already beating the storyline in order to try to earn some trophies. I tried replaying a memory and also jumping off the top of the Castelo with a parachute and neither trophy unlocked. I thought it might have been because I had just accessed Uplay (this was a problem in AC2), so I quit completely out of the game and tried again, but it still didn't work. Kind of annoying. Also, after you beat the game, the 'leave animus' menu option goes away, so be sure you explore present-day and find one artifact for that trophy before you finish the game. Just kind of odd that I invested so much time, finished the game, and only now after completing it am I running into glitches.

I experienced a few glitches in my play through. Ezio got stuck in a few walls, causing me to reset.

The funniest one was when i killed a guy on horseback, and his hands didn't release from the horse so he had crazy taffy arms.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Any reason why some of the assassin contracts red diamonds, while some are red stars?[/QUOTE]
Red star missions are slightly harder, but award a quest item that you need for shop missions. It will specify what item in the rewards area before taking it, so there's no guess work.

Anyone still play the online multiplayer? I've just been having a blast with it (minus the people who run around the whole time). It's a breathe of fresh air and just pure fun.

I've yet to touch single player, but I still need to beat II.

Yeah, I still play online from time to time. I haven't touched it in about a week or so, with BFBC2: Vietnam out and the 4x cash in Uncharted 2 going on. I'm experiencing a trophy glitch, so I'm kind of waiting for the next patch before I spend too much more time in AC:B.

I've been playing a lot of the single player campaign, and MP here and there. I should be on a few times this week, I'm trying to finish up three more MP trophies.

Woo-hoo! Just got the Collector's Edition for Christmas!

I knew I was getting the game, but the Collector's Edition was a complete and pleasant surprise. Not something I would have bought for myself.

Good games last night combatrhombus.

As for the patch, I haven't had a hang on the matchmaking loading screen. However, whenever I exit the game and re-enter, my profiles and persona settings are all erased/reset.

We started out strong and finished weak those last two...I was getting tired. I've noticed that I've lost my profiles a couple times as well, but it much better now that your not sitting in a loading screen for 10-15 minutes waiting to find a game.

As far as single player goes, is there any reason to hold on to items or should I just sell them as soon as I get them?

I just got to the point where
I start recruiting people for the Creed.
I feel like the game just started and I'm like 5 hours into it.

Traversal in Rome seems to be a major pain in the butt though.

The game is really as long as you want it to be. I beat it after putting in 20 hours, and I still have enough Thief/Cort missions to play for another 5+ hours.

[quote name='nbballard']The game is really as long as you want it to be. I beat it after putting in 20 hours, and I still have enough Thief/Cort missions to play for another 5+ hours.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I beat the main storyline yesterday(damn war machine trophies glitched on me!!!). Now its time to do all the side stories.

[quote name='option.iv']Well, whaddayaknow, a 1.04 patch just came out. Time to give it a spin.[/QUOTE]

What's in the new patch?

[quote name='Sinistar']What's in the new patch?[/QUOTE]
I posted about it but say it again, but from what I played on multi, better matchmaking. However, many people are getting the profile/persona reset glitch. Whenever they turn on/reset their game, profiles and personas are erased/reset. This problem is happening to others as well, as indicated by posts on the official ubisoft forum for AC:B.

Ahh sorry I didn't see it.. just joined this thread got this game on Black Friday deal but only started playing it.. haven't tried multiplayer yet, though. :)

[quote name='Killagamer']btw how many of you UNDERSTAND what this game story is all about????
if you know history you would realize who CESARE BORGIA and his FAMILY were
they were pure freaks, they had sex with each other as family members( the game shows this not sure if you noticed ), they were sadistic and seek pure dominance by any means.

Also THE POPE basically made sure his son CESARE BORGIA became THE FACE OF JESUS, look at his face in the game THAT'S JESUS FACE. Remember when the famous painter was called to Rome in AC2?. That's why the religious WARNING has been there since day 1 on AC games, they are referencing very religious content in this game that might offend somebody.

The Modern side of the story is basically about the "Illuminati" and their goal of creating prophecy( WORLD ENDS IN 2012 via SUN) then using the APPLE to dominate the entire world, just like the last boss on AC1 was controlling everybody, they seek that type of control but they need to create prophecy first, Asssasin's are trying to stop that.

This game is deep like that, I don't think many understand what is going on with this game, some just get lost in the story of Ezio and forget he is just one aspect of a story that is crossing the religious lines and breaking the 4th wall in video games, UBISOFT ARE ACTUALLY TEACHING YOU THEIR BELIEFS( again that's why the religious warning comes on the screen) this isn't FICTION, this game is all about CONSPIRACY, FACTS, BELIEFS all rolled into a open world game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I didn't know about the Jesus thing. That's pretty messed up. I don't remember that painter in AC2 though, but I'm definitely gonna check out some links on the Borgia-face of Jesus. Who said video games couldn't be educational? :)

I don't know if Ubisoft is necessarily preaching with Assassin's Creed, but I do love the combination of the historical, religious, and conspiracy aspects.

Well, I followed what a certain post said on the ubi forums and deleted my game data (not the save data). After reinstalling the game and the update, my profiles were fixed.

Just got this for Xmas. I beat AC2 about 6 weeks ago or so, so I'll jump into this soon (while multi-player is still popular hopefully). I just need to finish up the last temple in 3d dot game heroes first.

I have no idea what to do here:
I'm following this guy to a play in Sequence Seven and he's going through this plaza. After this there's a cutscene and he gets on a horse, then there's almost an immediate de-sync no matter what I do.

[quote name='KingBroly']I have no idea what to do here:
I'm following this guy to a play in Sequence Seven and he's going through this plaza. After this there's a cutscene and he gets on a horse, then there's almost an immediate de-sync no matter what I do.
[/QUOTE]

Every time a guy got on a horse, there was usually a horse for me to get on nearby. Whats the name of the memory?

bread's done
Back