Atn: Warhawk-ians 'NEXT Match? N/A TBA"

[quote name='Romis']I think the majority of the guys in the group have Booster, self included of course[/quote]
Would you be interested? Also, can you mention the Trophy Boosting clan in the OP? More likely to get hits if it's there rather than here.

I'll be on if you're still there around 9:30 CST

EDIT: Tried to join several times, but every time I got the "Join Failed" message.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Romis']I think the majority of the guys in the group have Booster, self included of course[/quote]

Not me, though I should get them while the three pack is $9.99, but my local friggin' Best Buy doesn't sell $20 PSN cards apparently(since I only saw $50 cards the other day locally), so I can use up this gift card my ex gf got me for Christmas.

I have a whopping $9.09 on my account on PSN currently, so I'm only short by .90, but I don't wanna use REAL cash unless I really HAVE to.

Hello,I will be your Warhawk tutor.I will be using two profiles to play with new players aihuman_esp and aihuman(JPN).If you want to try your skills in public servers send me a message on CAG.Feel free to ask me any questions.Remember,the readiness is all.So,practice,practice and practice.

Learn maps and map variations and where all the weapons spawn.Learn the dpad.The Dpad is where all your weapons are stored.

HEADSHOTS MATTERS-Aim for the head.Wounds to head do twice the damage. Crouching greatly increases your accuracy-use you pistol if you do not have a rifle.

MINES-Put mines around corners or places where they can not easily be seen.Be creative with your mine placing.Try using them in areas you expect the enemy to go-like near flags or escape routes.

Become slippery like an eel-Move around.Never stand still.A moving target is harder to hit.

Rifle-Avoid rifle lock on by jumping up and down.Use your surrounding to avoid enemy fire.

Spawn points- USE THEM.Avoid the long commute in a tank or in a jeep.

Bases-Capture bases so your team can spawn into them.Move around to avoid enemy attack and to capture a base more quickly.

Grenades-Predict your enemies next move and throw a grenade.Is DD83 trying to shank you throw a grenade at your feet while trying to get away.That should teach him.This also works for enemies with flamethrowers.

Flame thrower-Use the flame thrower to get rid of mines.Be careful not set the off close to you.Also,get close to your enemy when using the flamethrower for the quick kill

Binoculars-Aim well.Press R1 rapidly to get the next shot quickly.

Air Mine-Help your fellow pilots and blow up enemy air mines.You can do this with your rifle.

Tanks-Never leave home without a wrench.When you fire a shell from tank youll need to wait a bit to reload.Press R1 rapidly lessens the time of the reload.

Jeeps-Press square to switch to the machine gun mounted on the back,quickly.And Drive like a maniac.Use R2 and L2 to drift.

Capture the flag-Their will be mines.Expect mines.Clear them out.If you do manage to get the flag,travel the road less traveled to get away.

Zones-Move around to capture the zone faster.

Tonite we had a few more than last time, sorry about the server problems. I think my router is going bad. I'll try to replace it before next time. Several people played tonite way up until 11pm est, I only quickly put three maps together after the crash but it worked ok.

I saw a few names I knew but a couple must just be "outsiders" as long as they don't assissinate team mates I didn't care, gives the game more players

@Cheapgamer- Try looking at Blockbuster for $20psn cards around here BB doesn't sell them at all, and you have to go to Blockbuster

@alexiel - you want in with the group for "Newbie Night", trophy helpf, or both?

I didn't set a password, just had server named: captnstyker-LR_AW I wonder why so many people had problems, we had like 10 people or more for awhile but max was 16 I think but maybe we hit 20 next time I will have to reserve spots for a couple 'friends" that might help

[quote name='aihuman']Grenades-Predict your enemies next move and throw a grenade.Is DD83 trying to shank you throw a grenade at your feet while trying to get away.That should teach him.This also works for enemies with flamethrowers.
[/quote]
:whistle2:s
If you have time to throw a grenade I probably already failed.:cool:

And, pressing R1 makes reloading faster... really.:whistle2:k

[quote name='mguiddy']:whistle2:s
If you have time to throw a grenade I probably already failed.:cool:

And, pressing R1 makes reloading faster... really.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
Yup.For tanks and binoculars.

Sorry I had to leave early. Getting booted actually was good for me though since I was late to meet people for dinner. Was fun and hope to do it again.

aihuman, thanks for taking it easy on us. I know you killed me a lot more on Friday than you did tonight so you had to have been taking it easy.

I was LVShogun BTW.

[quote name='mguiddy']And, pressing R1 makes reloading faster... really.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

[cue piano] The More You Know!

[quote name='Romis']
@Cheapgamer- Try looking at Blockbuster for $20psn cards around here BB doesn't sell them at all, and you have to go to Blockbuster[/quote]

If I still had some cheap credit from flipping games at Blockbuster, I'd go get one there, but for now I'm done flipping and I have under .20 in credit left there. :lol:

I was really hoping that Best Buy would sell these cards, since I don't want to use actual cash to grab one.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If I still had some cheap credit from flipping games at Blockbuster, I'd go get one there, but for now I'm done flipping and I have under .20 in credit left there. :lol:

I was really hoping that Best Buy would sell these cards, since I don't want to use actual cash to grab one.[/quote]
How many Best Buys do you have nearby? Can you use BB gift cards online?

They have $20 PSN cards available online here (free shipping too) and it shows them as available in some stores. I did "Check Availability" in my area and like 4 out of 7 stores had the $20 cards.

My store has the $20 cards. If there was some way you could get me the gift card I'd happily snag one and email you the code.

[quote name='Romis']
@alexiel - you want in with the group for "Newbie Night", trophy helpf, or both?

[/quote]

trophy help but i can join newbie night just to mess around if its not full. i am at 2nd lieutenant or something. far from newb yet nowhere near l33t.

[quote name='alexiel']trophy help but i can join newbie night just to mess around if its not full. i am at 2nd lieutenant or something. far from newb yet nowhere near l33t.[/quote]

I might have think of a way to just go by skill level, I'm on the verge of ranking up too maybe even above SGT if I get a badge soon, we might have to go with a password to get in and try to avoid "an assassin" getting in and reaping havoc..lol

[quote name='mguiddy']How many Best Buys do you have nearby? Can you use BB gift cards online?

They have $20 PSN cards available online here (free shipping too) and it shows them as available in some stores. I did "Check Availability" in my area and like 4 out of 7 stores had the $20 cards.[/quote]

I only checked my closest store the other day when I was up that way. But, since you mentioned you can check availability online, I may do that.

Although, I may end up actually waiting and trying to get a pre-paid Verizon cell phone, since I have a bunch of stuff coming up that I'd rather not miss a phone call about and it's a bit more important than downloading the boosters for Warhawk.

Oh and by the way, I ended up going into random games after the game ended last night and I got my ass handed to me by people who were experts flying the Warhawks. I'm getting better at flying them, yet I have this feeling that this game won't be more than just something I'll pop in every so often and not play almost daily like GTA IV.

EDIT: The three stores closest to me are completely out of stock/unavailable for the $20 PSN cards.

yep, I sent them through the Invite a member through Warhawk

ANNOUNCEMENT: Everyone Who's Joined the Social Group Needs To Check Their CLAN Section of Warhawk, I sent an INVITE to the Clan CTBC (CAG Trophy Boosting Clan) and ACCEPT membership, **Even if you don't want to get the thropies if you still accept invite we'll get credit for you joining its only a temp clan too so.** the sooner you do this the sooner we can get more Organized, Thanks

PLUS ANYONE who wants to be a member LET ME KNOW I'll invite you TOO!

I've not had alot of input on scheduling, I think I'm gonna just start a regular time I'll put together a game and start a server and people can just join and see what works Like set it for a Hour and if no one shows I'll close it down...

(Ex: Mon, Tue, Wed, Sun, 9pm est - ??)

I would be interested in this if it was at a time I could play. I've had this game for a year but never played with the CAG clan, or much at all for that matter.
Feel free to send me a clan invite.

There will be a GAME OPEN tonight, Thursday, March 12 @ 9pm Est (till ?? depends on #'s)
Server: CAPTNSTRYKER-CAG
psswd: noob (if asked when entering)

Just opening up a game for people to get together & play

Hopefully I can get into the game tonight! Last week it would not let me join your game Romis. I tried no less than 20 times, but it always said could not connect.

Also did I get invited to the trophy boosting clan? I would really like to get some of the clan related trophies as well as the airship one.

[quote name='jling84']Hopefully I can get into the game tonight! Last week it would not let me join your game Romis. I tried no less than 20 times, but it always said could not connect.

Also did I get invited to the trophy boosting clan? I would really like to get some of the clan related trophies as well as the airship one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you got an invite, head into the community section, then clans, then invitations it should be there..

Quite a few showed up but only two over the 1 -1/2 game, we played, TDM, CTF & Collection, we did have a TDM 'dogfight' and it was fun, probably between 18-20 people in planes... wild

I know the KZ2 game was on at same time so that I'm sure had alot to do with lack of interest oh well it was fun. Thanks for all who could make..

It was fun, I joined for a little bit and got about 3 games in, I'm not really all that good though, kept getting killed, I got some kills in though...not good at flying either, trying to figure out all the buttons..

l might have to start using a password, it will reduce the #'s but give less 'assassin' players more time to figure-out WTH is going on & 1 vs 1 / or small matches are still fun between friends if nothing else its good practice/tutoring LoL

I put Warhawk away since I got frustrated getting my ass handed to me everytime I joined a game. It'd be nice to play with CAG's on a limited rank server. Unfortunately I can only play Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights due to work and school. But please send me an invite for the clan... I'd be happy to give things a whirl once or twice. Thanks.

Got in last night for about 1.5 hours. First time I played and it was fun. There definitely seemed to be some people that were playing above their rank last night. I was going to suggest implementing the password to help keep them out even if it reduced numbers somewhat.

@ Warner , l know the feeling . Did you realize when you when looking for agame to join you can filter & only see matches that are acerttain ran (both a MIN - MAX)?
l never read the manual so l learned this by chance lol

AND l've also thought maybe ihaving the game as an option for less exp CAG WARHAWK-ians on reg CAG Nite FRI/SAT would be a way to do it
since the audience is soo different

[quote name='Romis']l might have to start using a password, it will reduce the #'s but give less 'assassin' players more time to figure-out WTH is going on & 1 vs 1 / or small matches are still fun between friends if nothing else its good practice/tutoring LoL[/quote]
You are not using a password for these matches?

[quote name='Romis']@ Warner , l know the feeling . Did you realize when you when looking for agame to join you can filter & only see matches that are acerttain ran (both a MIN - MAX)?
l never read the manual so l learned this by chance lol

AND l've also thought maybe ihaving the game as an option for less exp CAG WARHAWK-ians on reg CAG Nite FRI/SAT would be a way to do it
since the audience is soo different[/quote]

yeah, I realized it, just never really bothered to try it. Just tried to jump right in and figure things out. Obviously it didn't work so well. I have yet to get a single kill from inside a warhawk.

[quote name='Warner1281']yeah, I realized it, just never really bothered to try it. Just tried to jump right in and figure things out. Obviously it didn't work so well. I have yet to get a single kill from inside a warhawk.[/QUOTE]

I know.. even with playing with other noobs at the beginning for me I didn't realize you had to "HOLD" the L1 to get lock on.. i couldn't hit the side of a barn before I learned how to shoot by reading the book...

I'm Going to Put a Game Together Tonight!!

GAME TIME: SUNDAY (3/15) 9:00 PM EST
SERVER: CAPTNSTRYKER-CAG
PASSWORD: noob

As discussed GAME WILL BE PASSWORD PROTECTED

This will help those who can't/don't have time to catch regular fri/sat matches some play time, look forward to seeing some folks..

Since no one showed up last nite there will be an ENCORE performance...lol

There will be a Game Together Tonight!!

GAME TIME: Monday (3/16) 9:00 PM EST
SERVER: CAPTNSTRYKER-CAG

giving it another try to see what is the best day would be the best 'regular' night to stick with

I didn't check the forums yesterday, so missed that there was a game...it'd be good to have a bit more of an advanced notice though =)
I can't play tonight, I do Unreal Tournament 3 Monday nights

It will be so nice if and when they get a notification system built into the groups area

I'm gonna be starting a game probably each nite this week,

So, i tried for an hour or so last night... Man, i hate flying, you guys kept killing me in the air. It's a difficult game, i just can't get use to the control... All that work and only earned me one trophy. I looked at the other trophies, they're fairly hard for me to get (in the real battle that is). I did had fun though, thanks!

I think to work on trophies I have to start the game up as rank, but the good news is that we can earn them with less than 8 people, during the 'pre-game' session

I can set up a game 'ranked' next time, and those that enter, if they tell me by 'talking on there Mic" what they need help with I'd be willing to help

Tonight's Game Time!!

GAME TIME: Tuesday (3/17) 9:30 PM EST -->???
SERVER: CAPTNSTRYKE

If you can't make it tonite, I'm planning to keep this time and continue to have a game each night this week. (Next Game, Wed, Thr, etc thru SUN)

[quote name='Serpentor']So, i tried for an hour or so last night... Man, i hate flying, you guys kept killing me in the air. It's a difficult game, i just can't get use to the control... All that work and only earned me one trophy. I looked at the other trophies, they're fairly hard for me to get (in the real battle that is). I did had fun though, thanks![/QUOTE]
Keep trying,when I first started out I avoided flying Warhawks. Controls where just to overwhelming.Try switching to proflight see if that helps.Also try switching your controls sensitivity for vehicles,aiming,Warhawk in the options.Always pick up a rifle and aim for the head.HEADSHOTS MATTER.Crouching improves aiming greatly.

@aihuman, fun flying w/ ya last nite...

you do have much more control over the warhawk with the controls on Pro-Flight..

bread's done
Back