AVENGERS 2: Age of Ultron (5/1/15) - Final Trailer

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Quibblo: Which Avenger are you?

I got Iron Man. Always thought I was more of a Thor. :^o[/QUOTE]
I got Hawkeye, seems fitting I guess.

[quote name='Dark Rider']WTF?? I got Black Widow. I would have thought I was Thor also.[/QUOTE]

:lol:, I got Black Widow too. I think any of the "smart" and "shy/quiet" answers will lead you there.

I got Cap. Works for me.

[quote name='Tony Stark']What is the thing covering Loki's mouth at the end?[/QUOTE]

It's been like 10+ years since I was seriously into comics but doesn't Loki have some power where his words can influence people or something? Not that it was overly apparent or demonstrated in the film.

"Captain America / David Rogers"

Who the hell is David Rogers?

[quote name='aleraiders']what does "red on my ledger" mean???

does it mean something like having blood on her hands after all her missions she's been on?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure someone thought they were pretty clever with that one.

Red on her ledger was referring to being in the red, or being in debt, it's an accounting term.

But the red could also either symbolize the blood on her hands or the fact that she was a former soviet spy (red as in communism)

saw it again today...

It was somewhat hard to understand the hulk this time around...did he say "Puny god" after he tossed Loki around?

I am really guessing that because there will be no more Hulk movies is why they gave him some great scenes.

Honestly Captain America doesn't look too buff in his suit...

Did anyone notice that BW did NOT fire her wrist weapons even though they showed her powering them up?

I hope there is a steelbook release.

[quote name='ITDEFX']

Did anyone notice that BW did NOT fire her wrist weapons even though they showed her powering them up?
.[/QUOTE]

Yes, she did. Pay attention to when she's in very close combat with the aliens. A couple times, she makes a jab and there is a spark. That's her bracelets at work.

[quote name='ITDEFX']saw it again today...

It was somewhat hard to understand the hulk this time around...did he say "Puny god" after he tossed Loki around?

I am really guessing that because there will be no more Hulk movies is why they gave him some great scenes.

Honestly Captain America doesn't look too buff in his suit...

I hope there is a steelbook release.[/QUOTE]

her wrist weapons are electrical gauntlets that electrocute on contact from punching enemies

you sure have missed a lot for watching twice, and complaining about the movie like 4-5 pages back?

[quote name='ITDEFX']Well that's another problem with 3-d .......... stuff like that isn't clear because the 3-d effects distract you.[/QUOTE]
what 3-d effects?

The Avengers 2 was just officially announced today.....

.....Yeah, I know. No big surprise there...

[quote name='Xevious']The Avengers 2 was just officially announced today.....

.....Yeah, I know. No big surprise there...[/QUOTE]
no word on a mark ruffalo hulk yet?

I know thanos loves death but death loves deadpool will we see a deadpool cross over? =D

[quote name='GUNNM']no word on a mark ruffalo hulk yet?

I know thanos loves death but death loves deadpool will we see a deadpool cross over? =D[/QUOTE]

Fox has the movie rights for Deadpool. Kind of crazy...DC owns the movie rights to all their properties, yet Marvel's the one consistently putting out decent superhero movies.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Fox has the movie rights for Deadpool. Kind of crazy...DC owns the movie rights to all their properties, yet Marvel's the one consistently putting out decent superhero movies.[/QUOTE]
Aw well theres always xmen first class 2

I got Thor,
You are most like Thor. You are strong, good looking, and ambitious. Though slightly immature at times, especially when you don't get what you want, you are loyal to the bone and will always stand for what's right. You are a family-centered person. You tend to take some things for granted, which leaves you hurt and confused when they're taken away. You have a high capacity for forgiveness.

[quote name='GUNNM']Aw well theres always xmen first class 2[/QUOTE]

I just hope Fox doesn't fuck up any more movies. >_

[quote name='Salamando3000']Fox has the movie rights for Deadpool. Kind of crazy...DC owns the movie rights to all their properties, yet Marvel's the one consistently putting out decent superhero movies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's kind of disappointing DC can't seem to put out anything good aside from Batman and Superman.

I hope the GL2 turns out better than the first.

I really want to see a Mark Ruffalo Hulk movie now. They just need a good baddie without overdoing it on General Ross.

I'd be down for another Hulk as well, as long as it doesn't revolve around him running away from the military.

And I agree, he needs a good enemy.

[quote name='ITDEFX']saw it again today...

I hope there is a steelbook release.[/QUOTE]
Her Shock Bracelets were for hand to hand. That would be cool if she could fire them off like a taser gun :lol:

There were at least 2 scenes before she got the alien's spear where she's fighting the aliens up close and punching them / electrecuting them with her Shock Bracelets. Another scene had her up on the aliens shoulders as she punches/shocks them between it's head.

They already setup the Leader in the last Hulk movie. Have him do a number of Gamma experiments to create things for the Hulk to beat up and give him a plan that puts at least an entire city at risk. Get Banner working for
Stark
(as implied by the Avengers) on his Gamma research. That should be a good enough foundation for an enjoyable movie.

[quote name='Salamando3000']They already setup the Leader in the last Hulk movie. Have him do a number of Gamma experiments to create things for the Hulk to beat up and give him a plan that puts at least an entire city at risk. Get Banner working for
Stark
(as implied by the Avengers) on his Gamma research. That should be a good enough foundation for an enjoyable movie.[/QUOTE]

Agreed - that'd be rad. However, Marvel has already said they don't plan on another Hulk movie anytime soon. A live-action TV series is currently in development but hasn't made it to the production stage. Given the character's popularity in The Avengers, maybe they'll revisit the idea though.

[quote name='eastx']Agreed - that'd be rad. However, Marvel has already said they don't plan on another Hulk movie anytime soon. A live-action TV series is currently in development but hasn't made it to the production stage. Given the character's popularity in The Avengers, maybe they'll revisit the idea though.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking.

They'd probably have to keep the same tone that the Hulk had in The Avengers. There weren't any scenes like the ones people loved of him in The Avengers in either of the two Hulk movies. At least, none that I can recall.

The did a good job giving The Hulk his own personality. Something the Hulk movies failed at.

[quote name='eastx']Agreed - that'd be rad. However, Marvel has already said they don't plan on another Hulk movie anytime soon. A live-action TV series is currently in development but hasn't made it to the production stage. Given the character's popularity in The Avengers, maybe they'll revisit the idea though.[/QUOTE]

well they signed Mark Ruffalo to a 6 movie deal. counting the just-announced avengers 2 and the guaranteed avengers 3, thats still 4 films. maybe his own trilogy and iron man 3 cameo? or 1 solo film and cameos in IM, Cap and Thor?

[quote name='masterchief2291']well they signed Mark Ruffalo to a 6 movie deal. counting the just-announced avengers 2 and the guaranteed avengers 3, thats still 4 films. maybe his own trilogy and iron man 3 cameo? or 1 solo film and cameos in IM, Cap and Thor?[/QUOTE]

Just because you're signed to so many movies doesn't necessarily mean you will be in that many movies. It just means that you're contractually obligated to do so if they want you to appear in another movie.

It may just be me, but I thought having Banner in an unspecified African country in the Avengers could be a perfect set up for a Black Panther movie.

I got Hawkeye. From my answers I thought I was gonna end up with Iron Man.

[quote name='jscme']It may just be me, but I thought having Banner in an unspecified African country in the Avengers could be a perfect set up for a Black Panther movie.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was in India, no?

Iron Man / Tony Stark​

You are most like Iron Man. You don't crack easily under pressure, and rather enjoy the spotlight. You'd rather do your own thing than listen to others, and you're always ready with a witty remark. You've been called vain and unpredictable. But hen it comes down to it, you try to do the right thing... Because even though you may come across otherwise, you really do care.

Yep, I'm a cocky sonofabitch. No surprise there.

Quibblo: Which Avenger are you?
Hawkeye / Clint Barton

You are most like Hawkeye. You are independent and "street-smart". You prefer to stay out of the spotlight and look at the big picture of things. Though you tend to follow others and are very trusting, you are also not intimidated by those who might be stronger or smarter. You are precise and methodical, and once you have something in your sites, there isn't a thing that will stop you from hitting your mark.

I would say that's pretty accurate :cool:

Still upset I couldn't "hit my mark" and get me those LE Avengers 3D glasses :bomb:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=avengers+3d+glasses

Last edited by a moderator:
Joss Whedon's Thank You Letter to the Fans!

http://www.movieweb.com/news/joss-w...-of-marvels-the-avengers-by-rebooting-air-bud

Dear Friends,

Well, it's been quite a weekend. Someday, long from now, I will even have an emotional reaction to it, like a person would. I can't wait!

But before I become blinded by this "emotional" experience, there's a few things I'd like to say. Well, type.

People have told me that this matters, that my life is about to change. I am sure that is true. And change is good -- change is exciting. I think -- not to jinx it -- that I may finally be recognized at Comic-con. Imagine!

Also, with my percentage of "The Avengers" gross, I can afford to buy... [Gets call from agent. Weeps manfully. Resumes typing.] ...a fine meal. But a REALLY fine meal with truffles and sh#t. And I can get a studio to finance my dream project, the reboot of "Air Bud" that we all feel is so long overdue.

What doesn't change is anything that matters. What doesn't change is that I've had the smartest, most loyal, most passionate, most articulate group of -- I'm not even gonna say fans. I'm going with "peeps" -- that any cult oddity such as my bad self could have dreamt of. When almost no one was watching, when people probably should have stopped watching, I've had three constants: my family and friends, my collaborators (often the same), and y'all. A lot of stories have come out about my "dark years", and how I'm "unrecognized"... I love these stories, because they make me seem super-important, but I have never felt the darkness (and I'm ALL about my darkness) that they described. Because I have so much. I have people, in my life, on this site, in places I've yet to discover, that always made me feel the truth of success: an artist and an audience communicating. Communicating to the point of collaborating. I've thought, "maybe I'm over; maybe I've said my piece". But never with fear. Never with rancor. Because of y'all. Because you knew me when.

If you think topping a box office record compares with someone telling you your work helped them through a rough time, you're probably new here. (For the record, and despite my inhuman distance from the joy-joy of it: topping a box office record is super-dope. I'm an alien, not a robot.) So this is me, saying thank you. All of you. You've taken as much guff for loving my work as I have for over-writing it, and you deserve, in this our time of streaming into the main, to crow. To glow. To crow and go "I told you so", to those Joe Blows not in the know.

Thank you all!
(Longer version where he interviews himself on the link)

Btw It's $700M from yesterday, and will break $800M by Friday latest.

Whedon's going to get himself that fine meal indeed.

which avengers are you

ralph_fiennes_the_avengers_002.jpg

wtf?

[quote name='Number83']I thought that was in India, no?[/QUOTE]

Can India be a place in Africa? I feel like an idiot. Perhaps the film will be the story of Abdul Qamar, the Arabian Knight who helped seal the demons Gog and Magog back into their tombs with the help of the Hulk (thanks wikipedia).

[quote name='jscme']Can India be a place in Africa? I feel like an idiot. Perhaps the film will be the story of Abdul Qamar, the Arabian Knight who helped seal the demons Gog and Magog back into their tombs with the help of the Hulk (thanks wikipedia).[/QUOTE]

India thing aside, they already have two leads into a Black Panther movie...In Iron Man 2, Nick Fury's map shows Wakanda as a location of interest...and in Captain America, they mention his shield as using Vibranium, which of course comes from Wakanda.

[quote name='dohdough']I nominate Michael Jai White for the role of Black Panther.[/QUOTE]

After he stank up Spawn so badly?

[quote name='eastx']After he stank up Spawn so badly?[/QUOTE]
Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with a movie called Black Dynamite.

black_dynamite_ver3.jpg

[quote name='eastx']After he stank up Spawn so badly?[/QUOTE]
Wait. You're saying Michael Jai White stunk up the Spawn movie? No, that movie was jinxed from the get go considering the first hundred or so issues of the Spawn comic has no real damn story. Just mopey burnt guy with a cape hanging around with abunch of bums in an alleyway and ever so often gets mutilated. Second the fact that they can't do half the shit they do in the comic because of them going for a PG-13 rating didn't help at all as well. So no, that movie was fucked from the get go for whomever had to put on that cape.

[quote name='dohdough']Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with a movie called Black Dynamite.

black_dynamite_ver3.jpg
[/QUOTE]
This post brought to you by Anaconda Malt Liquor. It gives you OOOOooooo.

bread's done
Back