AVENGERS 2: Age of Ultron (5/1/15) - Final Trailer

Sorry for the double post.

List of highest grossing movies of all time not adjusted for inflation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#Highest-grossing_films
List of highest grossing movies of all time adjusted for inflation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Highest-grossing_films_adjusted_for_inflation
List of highest grossing movie franchises: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s#Highest-grossing_franchises_and_film_series

They roll the six Marvel movies in the Avengers group (IM, IM2, IH, CA, Thor, Avengers) into their calculations for the Marvel franchise.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']
The Soul gem part of the Infinity Gauntlet held by Thanos.

Wiki: "This gem is sentient and has a hunger for souls. Allows the user to steal, control, manipulate and alter souls, living or dead. The gem is the gateway to an idyllic, pocket universe."

So basically it's one of those easter eggs Joss Whedon threw in for those that read the comics.

In the movie, the Soul gem can control and influence people (Loki controlling Hawkeye, and influencing the Avengers in the Helicarrier) as well as open another universe (portal in space). It definitely had some sort of an effect on Banner too after he clutched it while getting wound up.
[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that was the Mind Gem. As I recall the Soul Gem was most known for having it's own universe inside it that can suck people into it by the users will. The Mind Gem seems a better fit for what Loki was doing in the movie.

I think the wiki article's description is a little confusing.

[quote name='shrike4242']Sorry for the double post.

List of highest grossing movies of all time not adjusted for inflation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#Highest-grossing_films
List of highest grossing movies of all time adjusted for inflation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Highest-grossing_films_adjusted_for_inflation
List of highest grossing movie franchises: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s#Highest-grossing_franchises_and_film_series

They roll the six Marvel movies in the Avengers group (IM, IM2, IH, CA, Thor, Avengers) into their calculations for the Marvel franchise.[/QUOTE]
Transfomers Dark of the Moon at #4? Ugh.

Scary part is The Avengers is on pace to make at the very least $1.3 - $1.4 billion so that should jump up #3 or 4 on the list. It's not even out in some countries like Japan yet until August.

Titanic re-release in 3D made an extra $200 million too, which bumped them up to $2 billion. TDK was re-released by WB twice in Nov. 2008 and Jan. 2009 and that only did an extra $5 million. Either way I don't think any film is catching Avatar's total record. That's just insane. The Avengers would need a re-release in like 4D to even come close to Avatar's numbers.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Transfomers Dark of the Moon at #4? Ugh.

Scary part is The Avengers is on pace to make at the very least $1.3 - $1.4 billion so that should jump up #3 or 4 on the list. It's not even out in some countries like Japan yet until August.

Titanic re-release in 3D made an extra $200 million too, which bumped them up to $2 billion. TDK was re-released by WB twice in Nov. 2008 and Jan. 2009 and that only did an extra $5 million. Either way I don't think any film is catching Avatar's total record. That's just insane. The Avengers would need a re-release in like 4D to even come close to Avatar's numbers.[/QUOTE]Dark Of the Moon had a ton of advertising and had a big payoff at the end, plus it was released in IMAX 3D, which adds a extra few bucks per ticket to the mix. Avengers will probably beat it and end up in the #3 spot, though I don't think it'll knock down Titanic out of #2. It's possible, though I don't think that it'll have the time to make it higher than #3. Avatar was released at the end of the year, which is prime time for a high-grosser without competition. Avengers will have numerous other movies competing with it over the summer (TDKR, Prometheus, MIB 3, Battleship, etc.), so it'll be hard to concentrate on bringing in the high dollars.

Having additional countries to be released in will help bring in more money from new sources.

[quote name='shrike4242']Thanks for the clarification about Incredible Hulk. I knew Thor and Cap America had ties from what I picked up, though I didn't have the time to see either one of those before going to The Avengers.

I know they pointed at that item in the movie and assumed it was in there somewhere.[/QUOTE]
Funny is that if you watch both Iron Man films, there is always a cameo of Captain America's shield.

Then after you watch Captain America you learn that...
it was Howard Stark, the father of Tony, who personally designed Captain America's shield.

It still blows my mind that Avatar did that kind of money. A lot of it was probably the 3D gimmick, but still. It wasn't even that great of a movie, the story wasn't all that original.

Finally saw it over the weekend. Really enjoyed it. Had some minor complaints about it:

- Loki defeated too easily. Probably one of the best scenes in the movie, but considering he went toe to toe with Thor twice (who went toe to toe with the Hulk earlier in the film), just felt like having Hulk whip on him for 5 seconds was a "well, we have to get him out of the picture somehow" moment. Especially since he just decides to lay there, from what I can tell, eyes open until they decide to come get him because he decides to take a nap between that time.

- Didn't like how Banner was written. Maybe it's because I haven't read a ton of Hulk stories, but I never pictured him as calm and sophisticated as he was written in this film.

- The big deal of Maria Hill's character leading up to the movie and felt like she was pointless in the movie. I would almost have preferred Coulson to take over Hill's duties as well since the only thing she seemed to do was have a small part in the chase scene at the beginning. Maybe she'll do more in the next films, but still think it would have been fine with Coulson in her place and her duties.

- I was afraid of it, and it came true. Did not like the Hawkeye character whatsoever. Did absolutely nothing for me.

But yeah, wouldn't mind seeing it again. Some great lines (not as gut-wrenchingly funny as some people made them out to be) and thought the fight scenes were amazing.

[quote name='4thHorseman']
Finally saw it over the weekend. Really enjoyed it. Had some minor complaints about it:[/QUOTE]

Loki was much more powerful in the comics. I just don't think any of the big Marvel supervillains have translated well to film.

Red Skull, Dr. Doom, Loki - these are supposed to be big villains but in the movies they come off as short-sighted fools who hide behind their minions. I liked the Blade movies because the villains were alot more front-and-center (Deacon Frost, the Blood Pack, etc - they were all integral characters)​

[quote name='Clak']It still blows my mind that Avatar did that kind of money. A lot of it was probably the 3D gimmick, but still. It wasn't even that great of a movie, the story wasn't all that original.[/QUOTE]

Most movies that have 3D will make extra because of the premium associated with it. That includes the Avengers.

Every time a movie breaks a record money-wise I'm always curious what the attendance numbers are due to ticket price inflation/3D giving movies extra money.

Too bad there isn't a way to accurately find that out.

[quote name='whoknows']Most movies that have 3D will make extra because of the premium associated with it. That includes the Avengers.

Every time a movie breaks a record money-wise I'm always curious what the attendance numbers are due to ticket price inflation/3D giving movies extra money.

Too bad there isn't a way to accurately find that out.[/QUOTE]
Boxofficemojo has all the information to find practically anything.

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/?adjust_yr=1&p=.htm

The Avengers opening weekend sold over 26 million tickets even though it opened in less theaters than TDK and Harry Potter DH2.

It's ranked #1 in the all-time ticket sales for an opening.

Finally saw it over the weekend. Really enjoyed it. Had some minor complaints about it:

- Loki defeated too easily. Probably one of the best scenes in the movie, but considering he went toe to toe with Thor twice (who went toe to toe with the Hulk earlier in the film), just felt like having Hulk whip on him for 5 seconds was a "well, we have to get him out of the picture somehow" moment. Especially since he just decides to lay there, from what I can tell, eyes open until they decide to come get him because he decides to take a nap between that time.

- Didn't like how Banner was written. Maybe it's because I haven't read a ton of Hulk stories, but I never pictured him as calm and sophisticated as he was written in this film.

- The big deal of Maria Hill's character leading up to the movie and felt like she was pointless in the movie. I would almost have preferred Coulson to take over Hill's duties as well since the only thing she seemed to do was have a small part in the chase scene at the beginning. Maybe she'll do more in the next films, but still think it would have been fine with Coulson in her place and her duties.

- I was afraid of it, and it came true. Did not like the Hawkeye character whatsoever. Did absolutely nothing for me.

But yeah, wouldn't mind seeing it again. Some great lines (not as gut-wrenchingly funny as some people made them out to be) and thought the fight scenes were amazing.
[/QUOTE]

Loki has never been that badass Villian that can go toe-to-toe with all the heroes and kick their ass. He is the God of Mischief for a reason. Also, Loki fought Thor when he had his Spear which was the primary source of his power throughout the film. When the Hulk attacked him, he had no spear and his trickery wasn't going to work on a beast of rage.

As for Banner, I thought he was written pretty well. Reminded me of Greg Pak's calm and knowledgable Banner. He totally had the look, too.

The one point of yours I do agree with is Maria Hill. While I thought she was really sexy in the film, she just kinda was there to constantly ask questions to Fury. My only guess is that they needed more women in the movie to not make it seem like the super sausage party that it is.

And Hawkeye: I thought he was great in his role. Because you've got remember that Hawkeye is the one person on the team that has no sort of super power other than being able to shoot really well with a bow and arrow. That same case could be made for Widow, but she is also a super soldier spy (assuming they are going by the current Black Widow Origns). Hawkeye could've used more work. I will agree with that, but I thought Renner did great in the role.

[/QUOTE]

For Maria Hill I think they just needed a right hand man/woman to Fury so the Shield wasn't filled with a bunch of no-names. Would've been cool if they tossed around names like Clay Quartermain, Jimmy Woo, or Carol Danvers just for fanfare. Just so I could be like, "huh... I know that name"

[quote name='Rodimus']So a guy at work says he found a plot hole: how could the Hulk control his anger (at least torwards him team) near the end? Best I could think up on the fly was he's the Hulk, his mood and actions are diffrent depending on the situation, he's unpredictable, the wild card. I also said he willfully went into the transformation without holding back and getting his anger built up. He was focused on the Chitari.

I also said he does have the ability to recognize friends and loved ones as shown with Betty Ross in the previous films.

You guys think this was a correct assessment?[/QUOTE]

The way I understood it is if Bruce Banner tries to fight against becoming the Hulk, he loses control and he can no longer influence its actions. If on the other side he accepts it and willingly becomes Hulk, he has more control over it and can make it do what he wants it to do.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Each of Hulk's transformations happened for different reasons. When they were on the Helicarrier,
Banner hulked up as a result of the Hulk's self-preservations instincts. Banner had just experienced a sizable amount of physical injury, so Hulk took control. During the battle with the Chitari, Banner hulked up because he wanted to hulk up. Since the Hulk aspect didn't take control, it didn't have control. Or something like that.
That's what I took away from it, anyway...[/QUOTE]
Now that I think about it, I think you're right.

It was like that comment about Banners' putting a bullet through his mouth, only to have the Hulk spit it out. Hulk's instinct of self-preserving.

Ooh, Joss Whedon wants to add more female leads for The Avengers 2!

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/joss-whedon-females-avengers-2/

- Ms. Marvel
- Wasp
- Scarlett Witch
- Spider-Woman

marvel_chicks-final.jpg

Avengers hasn't taken in less than $10M on any given day since its opening. That's really impressive. Current total: $1,000,371,647

Still a ways to go to become the best of all time. It's currently sitting at #12.

For comparison purposes:

#1 Avatar $2,782,275,172
#2 Titanic $2,183,402,498
#3 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 $1,328,111,219
#4 Transformers: Dark of the Moon $1,123,746,996
#5 Lord of the Rings: Return of the King $1,119,929,521
#6 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest $1,066,179,725
#7 Toy Story 3 $1,063,171,911
#8 Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides $1,043,871,802
#9 Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace $1,026,288,951
#10 Alice in Wonderland (2010) $1,024,299,904
#11 The Dark Knight $1,001,921,825

[quote name='Scorch']Avengers hasn't taken in less than $10M on any given day since its opening. That's really impressive. Current total: $1,000,371,647

Still a ways to go to become the best of all time. It's currently sitting at #12.

For comparison purposes:

[/QUOTE]

It's #11 as of today's figures.

It's projected to make another $77 million at least, by this week.

So it could go from #11 all the way up #6 after the week is over.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']It's #11 as of today's figures.

It's projected to make another $77 million at least, by this week.

So it could go from #11 all the way up #6 after the week is over.[/QUOTE]It'll finish its run at #3, pretty easily. It won't have the traction to make it to #2 unless some other movies coming out tank badly in their opening weeks.

IMAX revenues are likely to drop a bit once Prometheus comes out, as the IMAX theater here is split between Avengers and Dark Shadows. It's likely to drop Dark Shadows in IMAX or both Avengers and Dark Shadows in IMAX once Prometheus comes out.

Watched the Incredible Hulk last night. When does it take place among the other movies?

Is it after IM1 and before IM2 and Thor? Or is it after IM2 and Thor?

[quote name='Salamando3000']Googled it...here's a fancy timeline explaining everything http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/5395/A-Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Timeline/

The short answer? There's a hell of a lot of stuff happening at the same time.[/QUOTE]
Sweet!

So let me get this straight.

The whole introductory title screen of Incredible Hulk takes place before IM1. But the movie itself is taking place during IM1 and also IM2. Incredible Hulk's ending takes place after IM2.

[quote name='shrike4242']It'll finish its run at #3, pretty easily. It won't have the traction to make it to #2 unless some other movies coming out tank badly in their opening weeks.

IMAX revenues are likely to drop a bit once Prometheus comes out, as the IMAX theater here is split between Avengers and Dark Shadows. It's likely to drop Dark Shadows in IMAX or both Avengers and Dark Shadows in IMAX once Prometheus comes out.[/QUOTE]

If they decide to re-release it before the sequel comes out, that would count too right? I could see that helping it quite a bit as well and wouldn't be at all shocked if they did re-release it again.

[quote name='4thHorseman']If they decide to re-release it before the sequel comes out, that would count too right? I could see that helping it quite a bit as well and wouldn't be at all shocked if they did re-release it again.[/QUOTE]Yes, that would count for its gross revenues into the total.

I just saw it again for the 2nd time, to catch the small hidden segment after the credits. I'm so buying this on Blu-Ray when it comes out. So much action and nice funny moments thrown in. The Hulk and Iron Man were my favorite out of all of them. I just find it odd this movie revolved around a power cube the same as the all spark cube in the transformers movie. :lol:

[quote name='htz']I just find it odd this movie revolved around a power cube the same as the all spark cube in the transformers movie. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is weird because its not like that cube thing was created in 1966 nor has it played a prominent role in Marvel Comics before Transformers were created in 1984......

[quote name='kodave']Yeah it is weird because its not like that cube thing was created in 1966 nor has it played a prominent role in Marvel Comics before Transformers were created in 1984......[/QUOTE]

No need for sarcasm, Dr. Jones.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Googled it...here's a fancy timeline explaining everything http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/5395/A-Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Timeline/

The short answer? There's a hell of a lot of stuff happening at the same time.[/QUOTE]

I think I will edit together a 10 hour long version of the Avengers films in Chronological order according to that timeline. It should take a couple of weeks but I will let you guys know how it's going. Hopefully the aspect ratios match up.

[quote name='Golden Idol']I think I will edit together a 10 hour long version of the Avengers films in Chronological order according to that timeline. It should take a couple of weeks but I will let you guys know how it's going. Hopefully the aspect ratios match up.[/QUOTE]
Whoa!

I would actually love to watch something like that :applause:

[quote name='Golden Idol']I think I will edit together a 10 hour long version of the Avengers films in Chronological order according to that timeline. It should take a couple of weeks but I will let you guys know how it's going. Hopefully the aspect ratios match up.[/QUOTE]

wow that time line is crazy... didn't know TIC and IM2 was around the same time.

[quote name='GUNNM']How long until DC announces justice league movie after these sales. God damn.[/QUOTE]

Warner Bros. would be stupid not to, but then again, they've always been pretty stupid about adapting their comics properties to film.

[quote name='eastx']Warner Bros. would be stupid not to, but then again, they've always been pretty stupid about adapting their comics properties to film.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how they could do it.

With a few notable exceptions (Spiderman, Hulk) Marvel movies have a consistent look-and-feel. That's why a superhero team-up made so much sense and worked so well.

Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern are wildly different movies. Superman Returns was a long, boring retread of the traditional superhero movie, Nolan's Batman is a neo-noir classic, and Green Lantern was pretty CGI heaped over a pile of shit.

Hopefully the new Superman will not disappoint. I would love it if DC brought gravitas to their characters, it would be a welcome counterbalance to the goofy fun of the Marvel movies.

[quote name='camoor']I don't see how they could do it.

With a few notable exceptions (Spiderman, Hulk) Marvel movies have a consistent look-and-feel. That's why a superhero team-up made so much sense and worked so well.

Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern are wildly different movies. Superman Returns was a long, boring retread of the traditional superhero movie, Nolan's Batman is a neo-noir classic, and Green Lantern was pretty CGI heaped over a pile of shit.

Hopefully the new Superman will not disappoint. I would love it if DC brought gravitas to their characters, it would be a welcome counterbalance to the goofy fun of the Marvel movies.[/QUOTE]

I think a JL movie would work... Just like the Avengers, which features a brooding, tormented Bruce Banner teaming up with the lovable drunk Tony Stark, a brooding, tormented Bruce Wayne could team up easily with the cocky Hal Jordan. Whedon is a master of playing the characters off of each other and embracing their similarities, and if a possible Justice League team-up does this well, it could succeed.

[quote name='drktrpr1']I think a JL movie would work... Just like the Avengers, which features a brooding, tormented Bruce Banner teaming up with the lovable drunk Tony Stark, a brooding, tormented Bruce Wayne could team up easily with the cocky Hal Jordan. Whedon is a master of playing the characters off of each other and embracing their similarities, and if a possible Justice League team-up does this well, it could succeed.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't so much talking about the characters/actors as I was the general movie tone.

Most of the Marvel movies have a similar tone, they are colorful, action-packed, and aren't afraid to poke a little fun at themselves. Putting all those characters together didn't feel disjointed, you could believe that they all lived in the same movie universe.

But if they want to try making a JLA movie then more power to them, I'd be curious to see what comes out. I'm just saying I don't see it happening any time soon...

[quote name='camoor']I wasn't so much talking about the characters/actors as I was the general movie tone.

Most of the Marvel movies have a similar tone, they are colorful, action-packed, and aren't afraid to poke a little fun at themselves. Putting all those characters together didn't feel disjointed, you could believe that they all lived in the same movie universe.

But if they want to try making a JLA movie then more power to them, I'd be curious to see what comes out. I'm just saying I don't see it happening any time soon...[/QUOTE]

I guess I see your point. And I think there's a ton of curiosity in JL because of the Avengers, but that doesn't mean that DC will be able to get this moving anytime soon...

Speaking of DC, the new "darker and gloomier" Superman movie reboot, Man of Steel, from Warner Bros. may also be rebooting Superman's origins?

http://www.thinkmcflythink.com/movi...sive-superman-the-lost-prince-of-krypton.html

Superman's new Origins - The Lost Prince of Krypton?

In lieu of Collider's report of purported leaked scenes, it had us thinking of The Man of Steel, Zack Snyder's big-screen reboot of the Superman mythos. Amazing to see how much out in the open is clearly taken from Superman: Flyby, the J.J. Abrams script intended to kick-start Kal-El into the twenty-first century with McG directing.

Warner Brothers spent a fortune getting the franchise off the ground before Bryan Singer's Superman Returns. Way more than the $65 million quoted. They want to justify spending all that cash, even though they wrote it off years ago. Economically, makes sense. Don't blow money when you have perfectly good ideas collecting dust in the Burbank archives.

Also helps despite the backlash, Warner Brothers loved the Abrams script. Hence you look at The Man of Steel and marvel at the comparisons to Flyby; the same suit, same actor wearing said red-and-blue, trunk-less design (Henry Cavill was originally cast by McG), Krypton modeled after Coruscant (per Latino Review), among others.

Rumblings we hear is another vital Flyby component is being used; the revelation Supes/Clark/Kal is a lost Kryptonian prince prophesied to save the world.

It's out there, and lazy, let's be honest throwing in the tired "Chosen One" or "Destiny" cliché. But considering how far Flyby originally deviated, it was the least egregious material Abrams cooked up (God forbid they used Supes dying and visiting his father in Kryptonian Heaven!)

Some of you might instantly cry "Bullshit!" with claims of "Christopher Nolan would never let that happen!" Well for one, Nolan's not signing the checks paying for The Man of Steel and second, while the property was in his control (and he had a blank check at his discretion) Bryan Singer agreed to incorporate stuff from earlier, unmade iterations.

Think we're going to go see the Avengers again tonight.

It will be my 2nd time, can't stop thinking about it.

Just had finished watching Thor and Incredible Hulk last. Really wished I had seen both movies before seeing the Avengers my 1st time. But tonight is the night.

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2012-05-04-the-avengers-grabs-187-million-from-midnight-shows

The Avengers becomes Disney's Biggest Release of All Time

the-avengers-becomes-biggest-disney-release-of-all-time.jpg

Today the film will pass the domestic totals of The Lion King and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest to become the highest grossing domestic Disney release ever.

It is currently the #6 film of all time globally, the #10 film of all time domestically, and the #9 film of all time internationally.

This week, The Avengers became Disney's highest grossing film of all time.

So we ended up going to the movies last night to catch Avengers again, but the 8:10 showing was full. We didn't want to have to wait for the 9 pm so we got the 8:30 showing for Battlleship instead.

BATTLESHIP = ONE OF THE DUMBEST MOVIES EVER.

Taylor should not be involved in big budget movies. Rihanna should stick to singing. The writing and the script was just so bad with so many dumb 1-liners reminded me of Green Lantern but much worse. Whoever wrote this has some explaining to do. I hope it bombs, the theater we were in was just maybe 70% full and this was a new movie on a Saturday night. Movies like these should never be made again.

Waste of a night.

I still wonder how they'll piece together a proper Infinity Gauntlet film. Perhaps we're due for a four-hour epic?

Infinity Gauntlet comic saga spoilers discussion:
I remember reading this with my jaw to the floor. There is a lot of death in this story. Thor is turned into glass. Thanos chokes Hulk to death. I mean, Thanos kills almost everyone. I wonder how they'll work in Adam Warlock as a cameo in the upcoming individual films. And I really look forward to the poignant scene where Captain America is the last one standing against Thanos. That was a "I've got chills/they're multiplying"-type scene.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']So we ended up going to the movies last night to catch Avengers again, but the 8:10 showing was full. We didn't want to have to wait for the 9 pm so we got the 8:30 showing for Battlleship instead.

BATTLESHIP = ONE OF THE DUMBEST MOVIES EVER.

Taylor should not be involved in big budget movies. Rihanna should stick to singing. The writing and the script was just so bad with so many dumb 1-liners reminded me of Green Lantern but much worse. Whoever wrote this has some explaining to do. I hope it bombs, the theater we were in was just maybe 70% full and this was a new movie on a Saturday night. Movies like these should never be made again.

Waste of a night.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, its shaping up to do pretty terrible. It only made around $25 million this weekend so even with the $200+ it made overseas it'll be lucky to break even.

I'd be a little worried if I was Sony right now. With MiB3 reportedly costing $375 million to make and such a soft box office for anything not Avengers, they might be sitting on a bomb themselves. I don't get why you would make one of the most expensive movies a sequel to a franchise that's been largely dormant for a decade... That was a poor decision.

Seriously, who the hell doesn't know superman's origins by now? It's probably the best known super hero origin story ever. Let people google it if they need to know.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']

The Avengers becomes Disney's Biggest Release of All Time

Today the film will pass the domestic totals of The Lion King and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest to become the highest grossing domestic Disney release ever.

It is currently the #6 film of all time globally, the #10 film of all time domestically, and the #9 film of all time internationally.

This week, The Avengers became Disney's highest grossing film of all time. [/QUOTE]

Sorry, I missed it - is The Avengers Disney's highest grossing film of all time? If not, when do you think that will happen?

All kidding aside, the article's already outdated - it's currently the #4 film of all time globally and #6 domestically.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/05/andrew-garfield-death-of-a-salesman-spider-man-interview.html

Andrew Garfield on His Tony Nod, The Amazing Spider-Man, and That Weird YouTube Video

The-Avengers-Amazing-Spider-Man-Trailer-Discussion.jpg

Andrew Garfield, who's already won a BAFTA, may win a Tony next now that Death of a Salesman is the clear favorite for this awards season. The play scored a total of seven nominations, including Best Featured Actor in a Play for Garfield, for his portrayal of Biff opposite Philip Seymour Hoffman's Willy Loman. Garfield, of course, will also be your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man at the multiplexes this summer, so his Death run will be coming to a close on June 2 to give him some time for movie promotion. For now, he's still trodding the Barrymore, even during a bout with bronchitis, for which he refused to cancel any performances earlier this month. Now that he's on the mend, Garfield chatted with Vulture about his Tony nod, wanting a call from Samuel L. Jackson, and that weird YouTube video we came across recently.

(skipping to Avengers part)

Spider-Man in The Avengers? I'm sure we all remember that rumor of a cameo that was doing the rounds, but could it really be a possibility in a future movie? Well, probably not... but that doesn't stop Andrew Garfield doing a bit of wishful thinking. While speaking to Vulture the actor reveals that he saw the movie and is a huge fan, adding that he was jealous of not being apart of it and is more than happy to join the team if Nick Fury ever calls him up to the roster.
Q: Have you seen The Avengers? If Sony would let you assemble, would you? After all, Spidey eventually becomes a member of the team in the comics.

Garfield: I saw it, and I was blown away. And I'm going to see it again this weekend. I have no problem adding to the amount of money it's making! [Laughs.] Joss Whedon is a genius, and it's an incredible cast. I was very, very jealous, and I wanted to jump on the screen and play with them. It killed me that I wasn't in it, but I understand why, and I'm not insulted. But hey, if Samuel L. Jackson wants to give me a shout, I'm there for the next one!
It seems a good lot of the cast members from various Marvel related CBMs would be very interested in some kind of team up, now all we need are the studios to get on board. That's something that is very unlikely to happen, but ya just never know!

Read more on link.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Don't worry, its shaping up to do pretty terrible. It only made around $25 million this weekend so even with the $200+ it made overseas it'll be lucky to break even.

I'd be a little worried if I was Sony right now. With MiB3 reportedly costing $375 million to make and such a soft box office for anything not Avengers, they might be sitting on a bomb themselves. I don't get why you would make one of the most expensive movies a sequel to a franchise that's been largely dormant for a decade... That was a poor decision.[/QUOTE]
I personally enjoyed Battleship. I mean, if you see any trailer for it you know exactly what it is. It was a fun movie that was full of action.

I didn't know MiB3 cost that much to make. I don't know if I've talked to anyone who's hyped for it. I'll probably go see it this weekend though (more interested in Chernobyl Diaries though).

I'm pretty interested to see how it does opening weekend.

bread's done
Back