Avengers 3D $19.99 at Target YMMV?

vanton619

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I picked up the Avengers 3D at Target this morning (with bonus disc) and it rang up for $19.99. I don't know if it's a glitch or the regular sale price. I'd say YMMV for now. I got the price at the Rockaway, NJ store.

I saw this about an hour after my target opened this morning, debated on making the trip and risking it being sold out(populated area). I ended up paying an extra $5 and got it from amazon(prime), I guess I am getting less cheap in my old age. I figure the cost of gas, driving to the target, that looooong walk back to the electronics department, risk of not having it, $5 is worth less to me than the hassle. For a few clicks and all I have to do is open my front door tomorrow, amazon wins...

[quote name='karkyco']Yep, no need to PM Best Buy...here's the linky[/QUOTE]

I guess that means that everyone who preordered through Amazon with the $5 gift card got it for $15.

Well done!

M

Anybody else having trouble with the digital comic code? Code worked fine to get the digital copy, soundtrack, and Disney Movie Rewards points but Marvel's site refuses to accept it saying it is "invalid".

Did my Amazon order with a usb wallcharger I was needing to make it over $25. Tons better. I called all the targets near by and all were sold out. I can do without a bonus disc since I now have the luxury of not dealing with traffic and stupid people in this over-populated shitburg

[quote name='HanawayCoca']Sold out at 3 of my Target stores. I really wanted that 90 min bonus disc.[/QUOTE]

That's all I wanted.

At one of the Targets in Indianapolis, IN after being informed that the 3D version was sold out and getting a raincheck for 2 copies @ the $19.99 price I wandered around the store and noticed an out of place Old Spice giftset near the checkout lanes. Underneath was a lone 3D copy with the bonus disc.

[quote name='tyron3biggum5']At one of the Targets in Indianapolis, IN after being informed that the 3D version was sold out and getting a raincheck for 2 copies @ the $19.99 price I wandered around the store and noticed an out of place Old Spice giftset near the checkout lanes. Underneath was a lone 3D copy with the bonus disc.[/QUOTE]

You should have left a note for the person who stashed it, prolly an employee ha.

[quote name='karkyco']Target Exclusive Bonus Disc – Building a Dream: Assembling the Avengers
This 90-minute feature will show how the films IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, IRON MAN 2, THOR, and CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER were conceived and led to the greatest super hero team ever assembled on screen – THE AVENGERS.[/QUOTE]

You just made me go from "I'll Redbox it in a few weeks" to getting ready to see if my Target has any left. An interesting documentary + all the other stuff almost seems worth the $20 pricetag :)

Yea the 3D is $19.99. I was off today but went in to see. It says we have it but we couldnt find any of them. So we have a rain check for them. It doesnt matter to me cause i just got the reg blu-ray one.

Got the last one at my Target and almost overlooked it because I was trying to find the $25 price tag! The tag said "lower than advertised." So, not only did I get the version with the soundtrack but ALSO with the soundtrack AND the extra video PLUS it was cheaper than anywhere else? I just don't get that lucky. Score!!

[quote name='Kerig']You just made me go from "I'll Redbox it in a few weeks" to getting ready to see if my Target has any left. An interesting documentary + all the other stuff almost seems worth the $20 pricetag :)[/QUOTE]
Does anyone know whether the 90 min. bonus disc is dvd or blu-ray? I managed to score a copy when the store opened this morning, but the disc is sealed in the plastic wrap so I can't tell. I'll keep it if the bonus doc is on blu-ray but may return it or sell it if not.

[quote name='Kerig']You just made me go from "I'll Redbox it in a few weeks" to getting ready to see if my Target has any left. An interesting documentary + all the other stuff almost seems worth the $20 pricetag :)[/QUOTE]
Does anyone know whether the 90 min. bonus disc is dvd or blu-ray? I managed to score a copy when the store opened this morning, but the disc is sealed in the plastic wrap so I can't tell. I'll keep it if the bonus doc is on blu-ray but may return it or sell it if not.

[quote name='thundarr']Got the last one at my Target and almost overlooked it because I was trying to find the $25 price tag! The tag said "lower than advertised." So, not only did I get the version with the soundtrack but ALSO with the soundtrack AND the extra video PLUS it was cheaper than anywhere else? I just don't get that lucky. Score!![/QUOTE]
Have you opened it yet? If so, is the extra disc blu-ray or dvd?

my store had close to 50 of this version and probly around 100 of the regular blu.

My only beef with it was that i had to hunt through close to 30 of the 3D version before i found one without some damage on the corner of the slip.

[quote name='heatison777']I did the exact same thing, RZ and all. All I said is that I wanted to PM Target. She didn't ask to see anything and knew the price already. $19.99-$10 RZ, got me 3d Blu and Steelbook from preorder.

If you use mobile to access Target ad, you can sent text to yourself. That link only shows price and item, not stock.

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_weekly_ad_details.jsp?id=-2056666301&z[/QUOTE]
I did almost the same thing. I preordered the steelbook with a $5 certificate, and price matched it when I went to pick it up. I just showed the girl my phone with the Target ad, and she adjusted the price without question. Usually I would have to almost argue with them for them to price match. This was definitely the easiest time I had price matching there.

At the store I went to, they had probably at least 15-20 3D versions in stock. So I looked through about 5 of them to decide which was in the best condition. Never really had much luck getting a movie with a slipcover in good condition at Target on release day. They usually are ripped up or put in those security cases which crush them. One time, I had to go through almost 10 of them to get one that was in decent condition.

Surely I'm not the only person considering selling the DVD and 3D discs that came with this bundle, am I?

I figure if you just want the BD, you could easily get $20 back for the 3D, DVD, and digital copy :D

Guess its just the "profit desiring" part of my mind working haha

Thankfully I pre-ordered my copy for $1 at Target last month and the employee knew where to look for those that had it on reserve. The 3D version with the bonus disc was all sold out at my store also.

[quote name='Ravenous']Did my Amazon order with a usb wallcharger I was needing to make it over $25. Tons better. I called all the targets near by and all were sold out. I can do without a bonus disc since I now have the luxury of not dealing with traffic and stupid people in this over-populated shitburg[/QUOTE]

This.

Swung by my local Target on the way home from work this afternoon. All sold out of the 3D unsurprisingly (looked like they had gotten very few copies) so I just went ahead and picked up the normal blu-ray / DVD combo pack.

My Target was sold out of the 3D version...and said all the area Targets were as well. So I PM'd at Best Buy. Then I noticed the Target ones had the bonus disc, so I went back and bought the standard Blu at Target and will return the 3D one to BB. I don't have a 3d TV at the moment anyway. The guy at Target said they should be getting more in within the next day or two...wouldn't issue a rain check, but said to check back...so I will.

Sold out at my Target when I went after work, no slips for rainchecks either. Stuck debating on Amazon now (see my post in the Amazon thread)

[quote name='hlb96']The extra disc is blu ray, even though the sleeve says DVD on the back.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Thanks. I'll definitely keep my Target version then.

Bleh, my local Target was sold out of the 3D edition, so I opted for the standard BR, since the bonus disc makes it a 3-disc set, thus fitting perfectly in the BB pre-order case.

yup, pm-ing at best buy was no problem even though my local targets sold out immediately. i paid $7.50 for the steelcase and $12.50 in store at best buy. i bought the target version for $20 when they opened their store because i didn't think that best buy would allow me to pm. now i'm stuck with the extra best buy version. i'll try to sell it to someone for $20 since i don't really care about making a profit on this.

All sold out at my local Target in Cupertino, CA (and the tags for the 3D+BD+DVD+DC version saying "even lower than advertised" were covered up with tags for the regular BD+DVD version), so I ordered it on Amazon. The bonus disc looks nice enough, so if I make a stop at Target again sometime this week I'll look for it again, but I don't have my hopes up.

All sold out of the 3D version at Rockwall, TX clerks had no idea when the are going to restock. :( May hit a few tomorrow.

Amazon is the same price but tax and shipping kinda kills the deal.

Target @ Manhattan Beach apparently sold out within 30 mins of opening; they had 40. The dude @ the register allowed me to get a raincheck. Now, the waiting game.

After Target.com crashed while adding it to cart, I raced to the local and saw a guy chatting with an employee. I scooped up the last one 45min after they opened. Then the guy came over looking for it. U chat U lose. About 50 of the regular 2Ds remained.

Am I the only one displeased on how they decided to package all 5 discs? Double stacked discs? Considering Disney owns Marvel, you'd think they use their better larger case like the Pixars?! Square Security Sticker doesn't help either.

For those that missed it you can always check Ebay which has the 90 min bonus disc listed around $0.99 - $3 right now.

[quote name='Pounce!']After Target.com crashed while adding it to cart, I raced to the local and saw a guy chatting with an employee. I scooped up the last one 45min after they opened. Then the guy came over looking for it. U chat U lose. About 50 of the regular 2Ds remained.

Am I the only one displeased on how they decided to package all 5 discs? Double stacked discs? Considering Disney owns Marvel, you'd think they use their better larger case like the Pixars?! Square Security Sticker doesn't help either.[/QUOTE]
My 3D Blu-ray disc was loose and fell right out as I opened it, luckily no scratches.

[quote name='HanawayCoca']For those that missed it you can always check Ebay which has the 90 min bonus disc listed around $0.99 - $3 right now.[/QUOTE]
If anyone wants to sell their Target Bonus Disc, just PM me, thanks!

[quote name='htz']My 3D Blu-ray disc was loose and fell right out as I opened it, luckily no scratches.[/QUOTE]

BR discs have a scratch-resistant coating...from what I understand, their notoriously hard to scratch - and with good reason; one little scratch can ruin them. (Someone correct me if that's wrong).

My target was also out of the bonus disc, so I swapped my regular copy at BB for the 3D one. Can't beat same price for a huge upgrade.

Well, between last night and tonight, it looks like the Targets in my area got restocked when checking online! Here's hoping they'll still be in stock by the weekend, I get paid on Friday dammit!

I price matched at Best Buy in conjunction with the $7.50 pre-order steel case that I got a few weeks ago. It was only about $14.00 after tax. (minus the $7.50 I had already spent, obviously) And they price-matched the Target ad and gave me the 3D-included Blu-Ray version. I'm going to keep the 3D Blu-Ray in the original case and store the 2D Blu-Ray and DVD in the steel case.

I bought the 3D version at my Target too for $19.99 in Sam Dimas CA. They had a sign stating the advertising discrepancy of the Digital Copy coming with the the regular Blu-ray/DVD combo pack. Scored!

[quote name='hypertails02']Well, between last night and tonight, it looks like the Targets in my area got restocked when checking online! Here's hoping they'll still be in stock by the weekend, I get paid on Friday dammit![/QUOTE]

The website stock isn't necessarily accurate. Hell, I was at a Target where some employee was looking up inventory for a customer and claimed another store had 64 copies even though they didn't.

They were giving out rain checks though and some flipper wanted five copies.

What are y'all using for a price match because my targets don't have them in stock. Also, how is the bonus packaged? Is it inside the case or is it stuck to the back of the box in the cardboard sleeve?

bread's done
Back