CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
7/17 Update: Down $5 to $44.99
Great game and well worth the $49.99

iconps3.gif
Infamous - $44.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mcal15']Just saw this on Amazon and bought it an hour ago. Good deal.[/QUOTE]
I bought it last week at full price, its a great game.

[quote name='Maklershed']Great game and well worth the $49.99

smile.gif
iconps3.gif
Infamous - $49.99[/QUOTE]

Agreed...just got back from my friend's house who picked that one up. Going to be ordering it today!

This is such a good game, played it at a friends house! Thanks for the post man im getting one too!

[quote name='technole']I think i'd rather jump on the Target buy-3-get-1 deal and pay $33 + tax each :)[/QUOTE]

Wah?...

The Target deal is buy-2-get-1, which is $40 each. And if it were buy-3-get-1, they'd be $45 each (assuming $60 each originally). Not sure where you got $33 each in any of that.

If it had multiplayer I would buy it but since it is just single player I can wait for it to hit $30-$40. I have heard nothing but good things about the game though.

[quote name='BillyBob29']If it had multiplayer I would buy it but since it is just single player I can wait for it to hit $30-$40. I have heard nothing but good things about the game though.[/QUOTE]
The only problem with this is that Sony's first party games have been notoriously price drop-resistant this generation. They are the new Atlus of this generation.

[quote name='mxpowar']The only problem with this is that Sony's first party games have been notoriously price drop-resistant this generation. They are the new Atlus of this generation.[/QUOTE]

Um, no? That title goes to Nintendo. There are numerous first party launch Wii games that have yet to fall in price.

I bought this and stacked the ECA 10% discount on it. So with Amazon Prime (or free shipping anyway) its $45ish. I think that the Target buy 2 get 1 free deal it would work out to be $40 plus tax (~$2.80) = $42.80 and you'd have to find 2 other $60 games that you really wanted (If you bought a cheaper game than that would be the free one and the average cost of all three games goes up). I was thinking that for me that might have been Sacred 2 and Prototype. But after seeing the Prototype initial reviews (once you filter out the hype) and the fact that Sacred 2 isn't available at Target (and also has so-so reviews), that wasn't quite the plan I'd thought it would be. So I immediately jumped on this deal from Amazon.

[quote name='BillyBob29']If it had multiplayer I would buy it but since it is just single player I can wait for it to hit $30-$40. I have heard nothing but good things about the game though.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you, my backlog is just too big at the moment. But the others are right, prices on the really good PS3 games do seem to drop much more slowly than on other systems.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Um, no? That title goes to Nintendo. There are numerous first party launch Wii games that have yet to fall in price.[/QUOTE]

This. When I was thinking about getting a Wii, part of what made me wait is the fact that games like SMG and Twilight Princess are still pretty much full price.

I'm waiting for $40 for Infamous, then I'll bite. With my backlog I can afford to wait.

It was in my gold box yesterday (or whatever it's called now) for a few dollars more off, and then I added the ECA discount, so I got it for like $42, 43.

The demo was pretty great. I'm a little worried it'll get too tough at some point, but what I played of it was fun. I'm a big fan of Crackdown, and I think anyone who likes that will like this (though they're not identical of course, the powers are real different, etc.)

EDIT: Isn't Prototype kind of in the "open world superhero genre" too? I love these games! I know when I was playing the Infamous demo, I thought at one point "I just can't believe this game exists and I'm getting to do this cool stuff". I remember the horrible days before The Matrix and the first X-Men movie when basically there weren't any good superhero movies (although the Shadow was awesome, so maybe that was the first?) And superhero games were almost as bad.

One thing I always hated about superhero games was how you were never powerful enough, and never could use your powers more or less indefinitely. That is one thing I'm a bit worried about in Infamous, since some powers do have to be recharged, though even your basic "force lightening" is pretty danged cool and clearly better than a gun (aside from the "chain link fences are this guy's kryptonite" thing :whistle2:D )

[quote name='jely']wow - weird drop so quick for a really fun game[/QUOTE]
Probably did it to match the New Egg price, it's been $49.99 for quite awhile. Still thinking about picking it up and if I do I'll get it from New egg since I have to pay tax at Amazon.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Wah?...

The Target deal is buy-2-get-1, which is $40 each. And if it were buy-3-get-1, they'd be $45 each (assuming $60 each originally). Not sure where you got $33 each in any of that.[/QUOTE]
Honest mistake.. I'm not going to pass up on this. I rented Infamous, and had so much fun, I hated when i had to return it. :cry:

[quote name='UjnHunter']I really want this game... but I'll have to wait till it is $30 or less as it will only render in 480p for me. Darn Sony![/QUOTE]

huh? why's that?

[quote name='velvet396']huh? why's that?[/QUOTE]

I'd guess he's got a monitor that only supports 1080i, rather than an HDTV. I don't know if anyone's said for sure that it doesn't support some alternate resolution.

Most games this generation render at 720p or below so those old monitors that didn't support 720p are out of luck. In the case of the Xbox 360, it's got a scaler to take that 720p output and scale it to 1080i or whatever, for display devices that lack a scaler.

The Target deal is buy-2-get-1, which is $40 each. And if it were buy-3-get-1, they'd be $45 each (assuming $60 each originally). Not sure where you got $33 each in any of that.[/QUOTE]

Some of us had giftcards so it knocks the price down even more per game in the end :D.

You' be surprised if you are like me and shop at SuperTarget for groceries. A lot of times they have like $5-10 giftcard offers for buying five Kellogg's products for example. Stuff I already buy anyway.

Oh wow, that's cool! I sure wish I had a super target here. I wish it had been them that spread everywhere, and not Wal Mart :mad:

Back in stock confirmed. Just placed my order... said available from Amazon.com. Damn you Amazon... they need a frequent buyer program/rewards points or something. This is my 5th order in less than two weeks.

[quote name='UjnHunter']I really want this game... but I'll have to wait till it is $30 or less as it will only render in 480p for me. Darn Sony![/QUOTE]

With the various price drops ALREADY, it seems Christmas might be VERY good this year. :whistle2:D

And isn't it 360 only?

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']And isn't it 360 only?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Skoad']Yeah and it's actually "Buy One Get One 50% Off".[/QUOTE]
Check the dates of those posts. :D (I was thinking the same thing at first)

I just finished playing through it the first time, and wow, is this a fantastic game. Probably the game of the year so far.

I picked it up for what came out to $33 during the GS b2g1, but anyone on the fence should definitely buy this one.

bread's done
Back