(Back!) Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (NEW) $14.99 at ebgames.com

Yea, I had to order it because it's just a great deal. Especially considering it's Metroid Prime 2 and a Nintendo published game (which usually take the longest to drop in price).

I've had the original Metroid Prime sitting around unplayed for a couple of years now, and considering it actually won a couple of GOTY awards, I have to force myself to play it before I can begin to justify purchasing the sequel. One of these days, it too will be mine. :D

[quote name='maxgle']Nice find! I used to own MP2, but for some reason it always make me dizzy.. so I am just here to support the thread. :)[/QUOTE]

I had this exact same problem... this is the only game to ever give me motion sickness, and I play FPS's like a mofo.

I did end up beating the game, but I could only play in 1-2 hour long periods at a time.

And MP 2 has ZERO to do with MP 1, so you can play them out of order.

[quote name='Roufuss']I had this exact same problem... this is the only game to ever give me motion sickness, and I play FPS's like a mofo.

I did end up beating the game, but I could only play in 1-2 hour long periods at a time.[/QUOTE]
That reminds me of the one time my bf played MP for 7 hours straight, even though it was making him sick. As soon as he stopped playing, he vomited. (Or maybe he stopped cuz he had to vomit... not sure.) Ah, good times.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']That reminds me of the one time my bf played MP for 7 hours straight, even though it was making him sick. As soon as he stopped playing, he vomited. (Or maybe he stopped cuz he had to vomit... not sure.) Ah, good times.[/QUOTE]

I wonder what it is that causes people to get dizzy?

There is one part in Metroid Prime that also made me get some motion sickness.
It was early in the game on Talon, there was this part that was underground and it was on a tilt.

I think it might have to do with Samus visor and how slow it moves, combined with some other things, but who knows.

Just FYI.... At EB B & M it is still $49.99 as of 3:30pm - I was going to pick it up in store on the way home from work - but for a 30$ price difference I can wait a few days to get it in the mail!

[quote name='chickenhawk']Damn! All you people are making me want to bite on this now rather than wait for a universal drop at BB. :evil:[/QUOTE]

Be strong man. The day shall come, the day shall come.

Great deal. I just bought this for 19.99 . By the way Viewtiful Joe 2 PS2 is 9.99 new. Shipping was only 1.99 for both games.

I think I will get Circuit City to Price Match Plus this and get it for $16.99. My Circuit City will price match plus websites of B&M stores they compete with.

[quote name='subparplasma']It's $14.99 now. There's no reason NOT to pick it up.[/QUOTE]
Darn it! Now I wish I hadn't rushed to pick it up :p

$15 is a pretty sweet deal. Gonna print the page and PM.

Edit: Wait is there anyway to only print the first page? I dont want to print the other 2 pages and waste valuable ink.

Just ordered a copy of Metroid Prime 2 at $14.99

EBGames is really slow- must be getting hammered by CAGers. :)

[quote name='The VGM']Wait is there anyway to only print the first page? I dont want to print the other 2 pages and waste valuable ink.[/QUOTE]

just go to File > Print

Then on print options just print from pages 1 to 1. Should only print the first page.

Thanks a bunch. Anyone selling the first one for cheap? I see them for $10 at EB but they are usually beat up.

Wow the site says its 14.99 new. Thats one hell of a deal if you really liked the first one. (I wasn't a fan)

[quote name='neonglow']Too bad saver no longer works :cry:

Edit: I got saver to work when I used Explorer instead of Firefox.[/QUOTE]
it still works with Firefox

[quote name='koster']Just ordered a copy of Metroid Prime 2 at $14.99

EBGames is really slow- must be getting hammered by CAGers. :)[/QUOTE]

I agree on the slowness. I also grabbed a copy at $15. Thanks OP!

1 NHL Championship 2000 - Pre-Played $0.99 $0.99
1 Metroid Prime 2: Echoes $14.99 $14.99
Total Discount -$0.25
Subtotal $15.73
S & H FREE
Sales Tax $0.00
Total $15.73

NICE!

I had already placed an order at $19.99 earlier today, plus a pre-owned el cheapo PS2 game (Maximo) which I had been wanting anyway, to get free shipping. I called EBGames customer support after the price change, and asked about cancelling my order, so I could order it at the lower price. The guy said he couldn't cancel the order, but that he would credit the $5 difference to the card I used. We'll see if the credit shows up in the next few days.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']1 NHL Championship 2000 - Pre-Played $0.99 $0.99
1 Metroid Prime 2: Echoes $14.99 $14.99
Total Discount -$0.25
Subtotal $15.73
S & H FREE
Sales Tax $0.00
Total $15.73

NICE![/QUOTE]
Eyyyy, why-a you no get-a taxed?

I used my $10 coupon code from I don't even remember what, Syphon FIlter maybe, and got Wipeout 3 for saver&cag15. A Nintendo first-party game for $15 less than a year after release? I think pigs are flying somewhere.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='msu89dawgs']I had already placed an order at $19.99 earlier today, plus a pre-owned el cheapo PS2 game (Maximo) which I had been wanting anyway, to get free shipping. I called EBGames customer support after the price change, and asked about cancelling my order, so I could order it at the lower price. The guy said he couldn't cancel the order, but that he would credit the $5 difference to the card I used. We'll see if the credit shows up in the next few days.[/QUOTE]

EB customer service is terrific! I placed an order for MP 2 last Thursday, but still haven't received it. I called their customer service line and mentioned the price drop, and after looking up my order, they said a $5 credit would show up in a few days :)

[quote name='waxHead']EB customer service is terrific! I placed an order for MP 2 last Thursday, but still haven't received it. I called their customer service line and mentioned the price drop, and after looking up my order, they said a $5 credit would show up in a few days :)[/QUOTE]
That's awesome :) I'm hesitant to call them after dealing with them on the Syphon Filter rebate.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']That's awesome :) I'm hesitant to call them after dealing with them on the Syphon Filter rebate.[/QUOTE]

The lady I talked to was very friendly. I told her about the order and that I saw the price drop, and after she checked my order and new price, said I'd be credited back. I didn't give her any info other than my order number and the price difference. Three or four minutes of time for an extra $5... I can't complain ;)

Had to bite when it was only $15...added a used PSX controller for the UPS/FedEx Saver shipping and a cheapy PSX game (C-12 for under $3). Total came out under $20 after tax...thanks OP!

I also just called EB Customer Support, told them about the price drop, and they credited my account. Yay for EB Games and a great deal on a great game. Now to finish the first one...

[quote name='waxHead']The lady I talked to was very friendly. I told her about the order and that I saw the price drop, and after she checked my order and new price, said I'd be credited back. I didn't give her any info other than my order number and the price difference. Three or four minutes of time for an extra $5... I can't complain ;)[/QUOTE]
Okay, I called, and they gave me the $5 back! Very nice of them... I guess I can't hate them anymore :) The guy I got was also really nice and courteous, but if I had gotten the girl I had to talk to last week about the Syphon Filter rebate, I probably would have hung up.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Okay, I called, and they gave me the $5 back! Very nice of them... I guess I can't hate them anymore :) The guy I got was also really nice and courteous, but if I had gotten the girl I had to talk to last week about the Syphon Filter rebate, I probably would have hung up.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I'm happy to hear this call worked out better than your last one :)

I can't believe that Nintendo can't sell 50 million GCNs. People are such morons - for $100 or so you can get the system and 4 or 5 FANTASTIC games.

[quote name='evilmax17']Eyyyy, why-a you no get-a taxed?[/QUOTE]
My guess would be that he is from Delaware, "The home of tax free shopping."

bread's done
Back