[Back ordered] Guitar Hero bundle - $59.99 Shipped!

masterh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Dunno how long this will last, but shop.vh1.com and shop.mtv.com have Guitar Hero game+single controller bundles for $59.99 - free shipping for orders over $30.
For some reason, you can't search for the bundles, but there are links on both front pages to the bundle. Pretty good, considering most sites have gone up to the $79.99 MSRP.

Err - I'm not so sure about that. I ordered mine yesterday and it shipped this morning - so it's worth a shot to see if it ships in the next 2 or 3 days.

Damnit! I bought DOA4 today for this price. That was my allotted game allowance for the month from the misses.

I should of gotten this instead. Hopefully next month I'll get it. :)

[quote name='Import']Damnit! I bought DOA4 today for this price. That was my allotted game allowance for the month from the misses.

I should of gotten this instead. Hopefully next month I'll get it. :)[/QUOTE]

my advise is return DOA 4 and get this since I don't this this price will stay long and DOA 4 will be the same price for sometimes.

Hmmm i bought DOA 4 just now aswell and thats unopened.... I think i will return it and get this. Which one is not back ordered, i'll buy it from there.

They both say backordered, but I ordered from shop.vh1.com yesterday and it shipped today - I might've lucked out on that one, since it's supposed to ship "in 2-5 days."

edit: just read in cart, it's still backorder... my bad!

Still on the fence with this one... I know it's a great deal, but I'd be blowing a good chunk of my Christmas cash...

blargh!

[quote name='SMMM']Holy crap $80? Is this game THAT good?[/QUOTE]

The price is because of a guitar shaped controller that comes with it. And yea, the game is that good IMHO. I got it for christmas and have been hooked. The controller makes all the difference too. It wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun with the regular PS2 controller.

If I don't know anything about playming musical instruments, would this game stiill be playable for me? I'm really interested in this game, but scared that I wouldn't be able to play it.

[quote name='suko_32']If I don't know anything about playming musical instruments, would this game stiill be playable for me? I'm really interested in this game, but scared that I wouldn't be able to play it.[/QUOTE]

If you can press 5 different buttons when told to do so, and enjoy fuckING AMAZING MUSIC, then yes, you will be able to enjoy this awesome game.

fuck, I want to buy a PS2 just for this game.

I got to play this at my local EB, it was one of those games that I really could have fun and laugh about, but I don't want to shell out $ for the console SADFACE.

[quote name='aoLat']If you can press 5 different buttons when told to do so, and enjoy fuckING AMAZING MUSIC, then yes, you will be able to enjoy this awesome game.[/QUOTE]

Ooooooo.....that's too hard :) Thanks for letting me know. Now all I have to do is finish some backlogs of games and get this game when that happens.

You seriously should buy a PS2 for this game. PS2 has amazing RPG's and now this game? I got it for Christmas and it has me hooked. I played Easy mode for a little bit, then beat the game on Normal and 4 or 5 starred every song. I still have Hard and Expert to play. I'm pumped! :D

I played this game at Fry's. I knew what it was going to be like, but there's something about holding a guitar as a controller and actually playing the game that's just great. Unfortunately, if you've never played a guitar before, it's going to be a while before you can learn to use all 5 buttons. I was having some difficulty with just 4 button songs on medium difficulty. Definitely a great game if you like music games.

This is gonna be awesome. I don't care if it is backordered. This looks like one of those games where the price just keeps rising, so I'm happy to wait for it and save $20 in the process.

And, not to argue, but if the MSRP isn't rising, then why are the prices rising at stores like Wal Mart and Best Buy, while others don't even have it listed online? Furthermore, why does red octane kick there's up? Doesn't make sense to me.

[quote name='The Truth']This is gonna be awesome. I don't care if it is backordered. This looks like one of those games where the price just keeps rising, so I'm happy to wait for it and save $20 in the process.

And, not to argue, but if the MSRP isn't rising, then why are the prices rising at stores like Wal Mart and Best Buy, while others don't even have it listed online? Furthermore, why does red octane kick there's up? Doesn't make sense to me.[/QUOTE]

The MSRP is not rising its $69.99 at every store including redoctane, bestbuy, and walmart the only store who raised their price was ebgames to $79.99. So you are really only saving $10

$70 is the original MSRP, thats what everyone was selling it for on release. I haven't seen it more than that anywhere unless the 2nd guitar is included.

59.99 or 69.99, this game is definately worth it. Addicting, accessable once you get the hang of it, and only gets unbearabley frustrating towards the end of expert mode.

I can't wait for the sequel already. Rock on!

Walmart has it for $80. BestBuy.com has it for $70, but it's sold out. I spent 2-3 days looking for it, and the ONLY people who have it in stock at $69.99 (and I'm including B&M stores here - it's sold out almost everywhere locally) is RedOctane.

I just picked up one for myself at Target for $59.99. Since I have a buddy that works there, he gave me his discount and it came to $57 and change after taxes. Check your local Target. If they have it then you can pick it up for $60 plus tax.

[quote name='m0dem']The MSRP is not rising its $69.99 at every store including redoctane, bestbuy, and walmart the only store who raised their price was ebgames to $79.99. So you are really only saving $10[/QUOTE]

Touche. Guess I was stoned when I went to Red Octane's site, but Wal Mart and Game Quest Direct have also made the jump to $80. Almost seems like price gouging. First gas and hookers - now video games????

[quote name='addicted2games']Why not just use the BB $10 off coupon on this game and get it for $59.99?[/QUOTE]

I drove to 3 Best Buy stores looking for this game...they all sold out at Christmas. If you can find it in-store for $60 and want it, then duh, buy it. Most of us aren't that lucky.

Anyway, I ordered a copy of this from MTV...hopefully it doesn't stay on back order for long.

[quote name='Rictor']I drove to 3 Best Buy stores looking for this game...they all sold out at Christmas. If you can find it in-store for $60 and want it, then duh, buy it. Most of us aren't that lucky.

Anyway, I ordered a copy of this from MTV...hopefully it doesn't stay on back order for long.[/QUOTE]
My BB had about five copies when I went yesterday.

I ordered mine on the thirtieth.

Anyone here who gets their copy after ordering through vh1's shop should let the rest of us know how long it took, especially if yours was listed as back-ordered.

At least it'll give the rest of us waiting would-be rockers an idea how long we have to hoard Aquanet and get ready to rock.

[quote name='grifta67']Addicting, accessable once you get the hang of it, and only gets unbearabley frustrating towards the end of expert mode.
[/QUOTE]

I'll attest to that...Expert mode is *ga-damn* hard. It's not oppressively difficult, but it will kick your ass quite a few times.

Like tonight....I failed "Cowboys From Hell" on Expert at 97%....now I can't even get through the opening cause my hand's so destroyed :( That fail was one of the most heartbreaking game-overs I've ever had in a game.

I want to chime in on this topic since I am completly hooked on Guitar Hero. I've been playing it for almost two days non-stop. If you still doubt it I HIGHLY suggest you read these few links.

From a DQ reader and Best Buy employee who wishes to remain anonymous:
The Best Buy I work at is one of the ‘customer-centric’ stores. Essentially, all the data we get from customers purchases goes into figuring out their demographic, and the store is catered to their shopping needs. There are about 6 different segments, and they are all ‘named’ after their particular demographic.

Our store is a ‘Ray’ store, the largest of the groups, and Ray is essentially a blue collar worker, is middle class, and has a wife (who makes the majority of the decisions) and several kids, and the store is built around him in just about every way. One of the important aspects about Ray is that he likes to be able to use the product, and get his children involved, and see what a product is all about before purchasing it. Value is very important to Ray--he likes to get his money’s worth.

To please Ray, we have several experience stations around the store where the customers can try out new product - one in PCs, one in Cameras, etc., but the most popular one is in the Media department. It's a setup with a large screen t.v., large speakers and a PS2. Can you guess what game we’ve got on it right now? Guitar Hero. As soon as I saw it I suggested we put it there. We have not been able to keep the game in stock since it's been on display. It takes kids about 2.5 seconds after seeing it to tell their parents they want it for Christmas. I have never seen a product take off like this. It has universal appeal, and i'ts fun. I've seen a HANDFUL of people buy a PS2 JUST to play the game.

http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/20963
http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com/2005/12/guitar-hero.html
http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com/2005/12/guitar-hero-2.html
http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com/2005/12/guitar-hero-miscellany.html
http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com/2005/12/ice-cream-its-whats-for-breakfast.html

If you don't own a PS2 get one. Then get Guitar Hero.

Well, I didn't get this from VH1, but yesterday I was in my EB and I saw a single copy in stock on the floor next to some arcade sticks and DDR mats.

I bought it at the full $80.

Not regretting it one bit.

(continues to wring hands and wait for his backorder at vh1.com to go through, since there are absolutely zero copies available in any store in his whole town)

...this sucks.

One question about this game, that I haven't been able to find a definitive answer on yet: Is the music in the game performed by the actual artists or are they cover bands/ sound-alikes?

Amplitude and Frequency are awesome, and I noticed that this is by Harmonix too, with a somewhat similar idea in gameplay, but I haven't been able to try this out anywhere or even seen it on shelves yet (must be sold out everywhere).

[quote name='lionheart4life']One question about this game, that I haven't been able to find a definitive answer on yet: Is the music in the game performed by the actual artists or are they cover bands/ sound-alikes?[/QUOTE]

The music in the game is performed by cover bands/sound-alikes as you suggest. But from the reviews I've read the covers are very faithful to the originals...

I'm waiting for my order to ship too...

-Jeremy

I've been playing this for awhile now and, at least for the bands I know, the songs are pretty good. They did a great job covering the tunes.

[quote name='WittyNickname'](continues to wring hands and wait for his backorder at vh1.com to go through, since there are absolutely zero copies available in any store in his whole town)

...this sucks.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way, so instead of paying the marked up gamestop price of $79.00 I ordered directly through redoctane:

http://www.redoctane.com/specialty-gh.html

It's $10 more that the mtv/vh1 store, but it's not backordered.

I had bought it at circuit city B&M for $59, but the guitar controller didn't work and i had to return it.

[quote name='abitteroldman']I felt the same way, so instead of paying the marked up gamestop price of $79.00 I ordered directly through redoctane:

http://www.redoctane.com/specialty-gh.html

It's $10 more that the mtv/vh1 store, but it's not backordered.

I had bought it at circuit city B&M for $59, but the guitar controller didn't work and i had to return it.[/QUOTE]

I had NO IDEA that CC had GH, I couldn't find it on their website so I assumed that they didn't carry any in-store.

May have to check today to see if they have any in. Was $59.99 advertised as a sale price?

[quote name='menikmati']I had NO IDEA that CC had GH, I couldn't find it on their website so I assumed that they didn't carry any in-store.

May have to check today to see if they have any in. Was $59.99 advertised as a sale price?[/QUOTE]

I didn't think they had it either. It was the last store I checked, and they only had one (this was in Natick, MA). I have the return reciept in front of me and it was $62.99 + tax. It wasn't an advertised sale, it was just what it rand up as. I think the price on the box may of been higher, but I was so happy to find one I wasn't paying attention.

The guy singing Fat Lip and Take Me Out sounds absolutely awful, but pretty much all of the other songs sound really good. :D

bread's done
Back