Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Gen. Discussion & Info

So uh, where do you get the engines? I have only found one box so far, but I have all jiggy's up to this point.

Do you buy them from Mumbo?

You find some in crates, you win some once you get enough jiggies and eventually you'll be able to buy some from Mumbo.

If anyone wants to boost online achievements, I'm around.

Alright, I tried to put stuff in the car, didn't work.

So my question now is that I have a fist under the car, but cant get it to shoot or launch at Grunty. Ugh, I'm so frustrated with this level. So far, I have only found 1 box around town(I know, I'm useless).

Any help would be AWESOME.

use the fist on the nose of your car. when you ram her she'll take damage

its really a simple challenge, i'm puzzled as to why its hard for you

[quote name='Diablo']So uh, where do you get the engines? I have only found one box so far, but I have all jiggy's up to this point.

Do you buy them from Mumbo?[/quote]

You can buy extra parts from Humba.

I finally got all the Jinjo Challenges earlier today. I hate that Red Jinjo so much. Apparently there's this one challenge in Terranium of Terror that only 67 people have gotten the T.T. Trophy in. Sounds like they need to make that one easier.

[quote name='KingBroly']You can buy extra parts from Humba.

I finally got all the Jinjo Challenges earlier today. I hate that Red Jinjo so much. Apparently there's this one challenge in Terranium of Terror that only 67 people have gotten the T.T. Trophy in. Sounds like they need to make that one easier.[/quote]

which challenge?

Is there something I don't know about the spring? In a lot of replay videos it almost looks like users are kind of...partially deploying it and then using all it's power at the last second.

It's context-sensitive. Light tap gives you a small jump, Full press gives you a full jump. I think only 1 challenge really requires you to do a light jump.

[quote name='KingBroly']I think it's this shooting gallery one. Can't remember the name of it right now.[/QUOTE]

Most likely. I thought I friggin owned it, hit a ton of the targets... and still no dice. Really really close :(

IDK if I'll ever be able to get that one. I think the key is after you
go outside, into space, there's tons of high point targets, but they are far away, and the targeting sucks, so they're hard as hell to hit. Great homage to BT though

I haven't even tried it, but I saw a replay of it. They need to lower the thresholds on it a bit I think. At least for the Jiggy. Or just change the point values. Because if the top person has a score of 485, and the threshold for a T.T. Trophy is 430...that's not very good.

Not the shooting gallery,the one where you have to ram Grunty and make the coconut pop out. Really frustrated. I don't have any parts sans one or two.

[quote name='Diablo']Not the shooting gallery,the one where you have to ram Grunty and make the coconut pop out. Really frustrated. I don't have any parts sans one or two.[/quote]

Buy blueprints from the indian girl, she's in the town near Mumbo. I did it with one of the little racecars...she tends to go up the volcano, ram her up there, when she comes back down she should drop it. Worked for me after 4min of trying.

This game is a lot of fun. Very much a pick-up-and-play, then realize you spent the last 4 hours trying to ace challenges and building new stuff. The intro is the funniest thing I think I've ever seen in a 360 game too!

Multiplayer is interesting. Once i get all the MP achiev's I'm probably not going to play online anymore, but some of the games are very unique. Jumping contests, Sumo fights, and blasting your vehicle into a giant dartboard?! There are lots of others I haven't tried too... very good game so far.

[quote name='Diablo']Yeah, I think I just need a better vehicle, seeing as I can't even get up the volcano haha.[/quote]

You're not supposed to yet...all i did was ram into her, she went up the volcano and tipped over.

I just got to
Spiral Mountain and ho...ly.... shit. That level is perfect. The graphics seem even better there than in other parts of the game, and the music is orgasmic. Moreover, being able to climb the entire mountain, by foot, and even get to the invisible barrier was amazing. I got hit with such a fulfilled sense of nostalgia.
Did any one else feel this way at all when they got there?

If you guys are looking to get the What's that Smell? Achievement, RARE devs are playing today from 3-5 eastern.

edit: I got it, so if anyone needs it just friend me and we can set up a match.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cochesecochese']You're gonna love it. The only parts of the game I don't like are a handful of the L.O.G.'s choice challenges but other than that the game is outstanding.[/QUOTE]

And even those are better once you get out of the vehicle and use B to tweak it to your preferred style. You can even use the bumper (right, I think?) to just plain drop pieces you don't want. I've taken many a crapper and made something usable, but the replays for first times on those are just insane how they rearranged the parts.

I'm going to say it now: The last world (Not where you face the final boss) is absolutely the worst designed world I've ever seen and played in a game.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm going to say it now: The last world (Not where you face the final boss) is absolutely the worst designed world I've ever seen and played in a game.[/QUOTE]

Really? Probably my favorite level, as it is the most "new" and unique to the game (ie, not generic or a retread of previous efforts). I agree I'm tired of crashing into shit, but I guess I'm talking more about aesthetic design, not really level layout.

Wow, I just finally got into the game, had picked it up on release but playing other games/school, and I gotta say I'm loving the humor and how much the game makes fun of itself and the industry. Using vehicles is just genius, I really like it. I also love the art style to this game as well. Oh, glad I played the original, as the intro kinda ruins it if you haven't (haven't beaten the arcade title yet).

I'm setting up a boosting session for Friday at 7pm (est) if you're interested. I still need like 17 or 18 wins for the Trophy Thomas Achievement.

You need at least 4 people to be in an online ranked match.

Oh, and I got all the Jiggies (I'm not getting a T.T. Trophy on the Saucer Challenge. Screw that. Way too hard) so all I need is the Trophy Thomas Achievement. Then I can trade it in, because this game infuriates me to no end.

I just picked this up , I don't know if I'll open it yet .
I have some great vehicle ideas after playing the demo .

Do the demo blueprints carry over to the full game ?
They seem to have their own save file on the HDD .

Nuts...I played this for about four hours straight earlier this evening and only got one new Jiggy. The rest of the time I went around hunting for parts and messing around with vehicle creation.

This game looks ok, but looks like you could blow through it sort of easy. The demo was kinda eh, but its good to see Banjo and Kazooie again. I am looking for the original one if anyone has a code they want to trade or N&B if you want to get rid or it. Cml or PM me

[quote name='Richlough']I just picked this up , I don't know if I'll open it yet .
I have some great vehicle ideas after playing the demo .

Do the demo blueprints carry over to the full game ?
They seem to have their own save file on the HDD .[/QUOTE]

I want to say no, but given what you have access to in the demo, your blueprints will be outdated within the first hour.

I'm still playing. I have to do the last challenge and grab the multiplayer achievements but I'm dragging ass about it. If you want to set up a time to boost lemme know.

edit: er....scratch that. I just banked jiggy 131. I still need the online achievements. Awesome ending, btw.
[quote name='KingBroly']I'm going to say it now: The last world (Not where you face the final boss) is absolutely the worst designed world I've ever seen and played in a game.[/quote]
Terrarium of Terror or Spiral Mountain? Terrarium kind of stunk until I sucked it up and made a decent 'hover buggy' to zip around with. That target shooting challenge was a real piece of shit though. I got the jiggy on my first try but gave up on the trophy after about 25 tries. It's just too annoying for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not even close to finishing it Wombat and I haven't even gotten into multiplayer. Graduate school will do that to you. If you ever want to go online I'm in too. I only have maybe 20 Jiggies.

This game is awesome. GOTY!!! :D
I'm not that far yet, but from the 3 first levels I've played they're all great. Making vehicles is awesome too and the challenges are a pretty good difficulty as well where they're all beatable but the harder ones take 2-3 tries as you find a better path to the target or make a better vehicle and such. Text is small on my SDTV, as has been said over and over, but besides that the game rocks.
Another thing I really like is the graphics/character design and also how fluidly banjos movements are...way better than the N64 version...although seeing another platformer type with these graphics and controls would be great.

I am free until Monday, and then I won't have a moment to breathe for a few months. If anyone wants to set up a league and do some boosting before then lemme know.

[quote name='FloodsAreUponUS']This is 26 dollars at amazon. Buy it you peasants.[/quote]

I just did. I thought the demo was OK but for less than a night out at the movies I couldn't resist. Goddamn my back log is piling up.

[quote name='javeryh']I just did. I thought the demo was OK but for less than a night out at the movies I couldn't resist. Goddamn my back log is piling up.[/quote]

You wont regret it. The demo is weak sauce for this game. Half of the fun comes from just messing around and creating crazy vehicles that don't do anything half of the time.

just saw this thread. i've had BK since launch and i really love it. it's such a pickup and play type of game but at the same time you n ever know what to expect. in one play, you might spend most of your time perfecting your vehicle to get just one jiggy. at another time you may manage to get several jiggies in a row with minimal creation.

great stuff. the game is DEFINITELY worth the price especially if you enjoyed the demo (the full game being way better of course)

yep, I got the update while playing this afternoon. the text is HUGE and much easier to see.........definitely makes for less squinting - they did a great job fixing that!

I feel inclined to go buy it now so I can support what they did with the update, even though I won't be able to play it for another 6 months.

bread's done
Back