Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Gen. Discussion & Info

I noticed that now that I'm on a small TV (*sob*) and connected with composite cables, tt automatically has you use the big text. I had no option to turn it on.

I have a 50 something inch plasma and I had a hard time viewing the text especially when it went fast. I got frustrated and put the game up until they released this update. Now I'm excited to play it when I get home.

The load screens for this game are really bad. They aren't terribly long, it's just that you hit one every few minutes or so playing the game. I usually don't really notice/mind loading screens but this game beats you over the head with them.

[quote name='wubb']The load screens for this game are really bad. They aren't terribly long, it's just that you hit one every few minutes or so playing the game. I usually don't really notice/mind loading screens but this game beats you over the head with them.[/quote]

When I was still actively playing this game, I installed it to the hard drive. It makes each loading screen only take a couple seconds. I agree though, the amount of loading this game does is pretty crazy.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']When I was still actively playing this game, I installed it to the hard drive. It makes each loading screen only take a couple seconds. I agree though, the amount of loading this game does is pretty crazy.[/QUOTE]

Ah, hadn't thought of that. I have a 20GB so it's tough to load up a game, but I should be able to clear off enough to load up one. I'll give that a try.

[quote name='wubb']Ah, hadn't thought of that. I have a 20GB so it's tough to load up a game, but I should be able to clear off enough to load up one. I'll give that a try.[/quote]

I feel your pain with the storage issues as I have a 20 GB as well. I found I could have two games installed but that would prevent me from downloading most demos. I ended up deleting my Nuts and Bolts install but left my Fallout 3 install.

I would have had to delete one of the installs anyway since I needed almost 2 Gigs for The Lost and Damned. I'm not deleting my Fallout 3 save until I beat it.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']I feel your pain with the storage issues as I have a 20 GB as well. I found I could have two games installed but that would prevent me from downloading most demos. I ended up deleting my Nuts and Bolts install but left my Fallout 3 install.

I would have had to delete one of the installs anyway since I needed almost 2 Gigs for The Lost and Damned. I'm not deleting my Fallout 3 save until I beat it.[/quote]

You probably already know this, but it wasn't clear from your post and I wanted to make sure in case you missed it as it is helpful to know: You can delete your installations without deleting your saved games.

I'd still keep Fallout 3 installed until you finished it as that game benefits quite a bit in loading times with the install and accesses your DVD drive constantly if not installed.

Load screens are 1000x more bearable after loading to the HDD. That should practically be required to play this one.

[quote name='wubb']Load screens are 1000x more bearable after loading to the HDD. That should practically be required to play this one.[/QUOTE]
I'm making a mental note to remember to install this to the HDD when I finally get around to playing it. There are other titles in my backlog that I should probably play before this one (especially considering how long this one apparently is), but I'm anxious to get to BK. I've got a 20 GB model, too, but I have around 7 gigs left.

I appreciate the heads up about the long load times without the install earlier on this page.

At first blush I didn't get into this one, but after taking a break from it to play through Fable II, I'm now hooked. Lots of creativity possible in designing vehicles tailored to each task. You can create a stable of vehicles to pull utility duty (a fast racer, helicopter, helicopter with storage space, etc) but some of the challenges really lend themselves to designing something custom and in some cases bizarre to get the trophy. And as you unlock new and better parts you constantly have to revamp or recreate your existing vehicles anyway.

It gets better as you play through and unlock more vehicle parts to use, which may be why it took me a while to warm up to it.

Unfortunately it has a handful of online only achievements and the couple times I've searched for a match none was found. If I manage to get all of the offline achievements I might look at boosting them, but not sure.

I tried out the demo again and I actually quite like this game. I was thinking about getting it but the driving controls are a little too annoying for me.

Well, I'm just about done with this one except for a few remaining multiplayer achievements. I'll give them a shot but I'm not sure I'll be able to get all of them. It's tough to find a match at times and a few of them you need to win big to pull off.

You don't need to complete all of the Jinjo challenges for achievements (just enough to complete one bingo line so really only 4 or 5), but I may go through and complete most of them just for more stuff to do in the game.

And luckily you can skip one trophy and still get all jiggys as Saucer of Peril is near impossible IMO. Red Bear Racing (tough flying challenge in Logbox) and the challenge where your vehicle has reverse steering and you get penalized for knocking down dominoes were probably the two other toughest ones for me. There were maybe a dozen others that took more more than a handful of tries but those stick out. Fighting Fit is another that took me a lot of attempts.

Maybe we should get together and see if we could score these achievements. I haven't played this game in a long time...I need to go back.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Maybe we should get together and see if we could score these achievements. I haven't played this game in a long time...I need to go back.[/QUOTE]

I'd be up for it. One problem is that you have to do them in ranked matches so you can't party up with people for the entire match (just with people for your team.)

The other problem is 3 or 4 of them you have to do in solo races, so you can't party up at all.

However if 4 of us all searched on the same specific list at the same time (maybe a solo racing list that isn't Speed Demons as I think that's the most popular) it might work. You can be in an XBL party (voice chat) as that doesn't have anything to do with the BK N&B party. There is apparently a group from xbox360a that is hoping to boost this weekend, but I'm not really clear on the details of that. I'm not a big fan of having to join matches with random people not part of the boosting group and ruining the games for them. But I guess any randoms would just be able to race as best they can and if they win, they win.

I'll probably get the one for 20 wins legit, but searching solo races takes so long and then I haven't been able to win any of the handful I've successfully joined. :fridge: I was finding matches in Team Athletics pretty quickly at peak times, especially after partying up with 2-3 others.

Not exactly true, wubb. You see, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts' Multiplayer sucks so hard, that even when selecting Buddy Up or Team _____ you have the possibility (about 20%) of it selecting a Single Player Race. And no, I'm not kidding.

Also, Xbox Live Parties make Achievement Boosting so much easier, but this game does have problems maintaining said parties for a long period of time.

bread's done
Back