Batman Arkham Asylum - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='NeoFrank1']It's like Splinter Cell...but with Batman... Eff yeah![/QUOTE]

It's almost as if he knows exactly what I'm thinking....right down to the "Eff yeah!"

Reminds me of Tenchu, which was fun. I dont know how I feel about buying a Batman game though. Burnt too many times before. Comic Book and movies usually make for very bland games.

Does Batman kill in it? It was a little harder to tell from this video, but I thought he was clearly breaking necks in another one. Batman clearly whacking people is enough to make me stay away, but it looks good so I hope that isn't the case.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Does Batman kill in it? It was a little harder to tell from this video, but I thought he was clearly breaking necks in another one. Batman clearly whacking people is enough to make me stay away, but it looks good so I hope that isn't the case.[/quote]

No, he doesn't. One of the developers said that in an interview awhile back. Besides, DC wouldn't allow it.

Finally a developer who understands the essence of Batman and how he uses fear to symbolize himself. I can't imagine how much fun I'm going to have "being fear" and fucking with people's heads in the game. This one video has shot this game to the top of my most anticipated games list.

If the story ends up being compelling, there is no question this is a must buy. If not, I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy swinging up to gargoyles repeatedly.

If the story ends up being compelling, there is no question this is a must buy. If not, I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy swinging up to gargoyles repeatedly.

Well the story is written by Paul Dini, one of the current Batman writers who also wrote some of the best episodes of Batman the animated series. Plus you have Kevin Conroy and Mark Hammill reprising their roles as Batman and Joker respectively.

Finally a developer who understands the essence of Batman and how he uses fear to symbolize himself. I can't imagine how much fun I'm going to have "being fear" and fucking with people's heads in the game. This one video has shot this game to the top of my most anticipated games list.

The Batman Begins game used this same basic premise. Unfortunately they killed it by holding the gamers hand way to much and making Batman way to easy to kill.

Stealth games are so hit and miss for me. Hard to balance. I really want this to be a day one. I'll probably pre-order and then wait to see reviews. I just hope that the action doesn't become repetitive. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, it sure does look beautiful.

Wasnt interested in this game until i saw the gameplay video. Im definately going to pick it up now though!

Would be awesome if it comes out £30 - £35 aswell :)

Every time a new video is released for this game it looks better. I hardly ever pre-order games but I might have to think about it for this one. The stealth aspect of this game kinda reminds me of Splinter Cell games.

[quote name='yukafls']Im not one for Batman games, but this actually looks cool. Anyone know of any upcoming deals for it??[/quote]

You can currently pre-order it on Amazon for $53 :whee:

Anyone going to get the collector's edition? $100 for a Batman game does seem like a bit much. I think i need to see pics to decide if the Batarang & case are worth the $30 difference from a "average" collectors edition.

Collector's Edition detailed:
media

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173661

The Batarang looks like it's actually made of razor sharp steel but in reality it'll probably be made of plastic.

The video seemed boring to me...your timed as you fly around a room taking out guys 1 by 1? If the game actually gets reviews over 8 I'll be kind of surprised...
Then again I haven't played it obviously so who knows.
I even liked splinter cell yet...but the flying up and down in this game seems like a pain right now.

[quote name='Spades22']The video seemed boring to me...your timed as you fly around a room taking out guys 1 by 1? If the game actually gets reviews over 8 I'll be kind of surprised...
Then again I haven't played it obviously so who knows.
I even liked splinter cell yet...but the flying up and down in this game seems like a pain right now.[/quote]

You realize that was just a challenge room right?

The first post just said that it was awesome, so I watched it...it never said it was a challenge room! XD
Have to find a vid with actual gameplay footage then heh

Nice collectors edition, a little pricey though.

Eidos you better get your ass working on Hitman 4 after this is wrapped up.

This game looks sweet. It seems really promising. I'd like to jump on it Day 1, but generally i wait for reviews.

It totally looks like he breaks the first guys neck in that video.

Your probally right about the batarang being plastic, if you think aout it.

$60 for the game
$20 for that journal
$10 for the behind the scenes DVD

so your only really paying $10 for the batarang

I played this at Wal-Mart today. I'm not sure where the hell they got the demo at, but there were only two levels available. I couldn't really do much as the joysticks were broken, but it looked fantastic.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Harley Quinn:

gam_harleyquinn_580.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I don't know... I don't really like it, but I don't hate it. I'd rather have a classic Harley.

I was at Target today, and their Ps3 has a playable demo for this on it. It was just a challange mode where your in a room, and Joker releases bigger and bigger waves of henchmen at you. Even though it's a demo the fight aspect of this is really solid, and has a nice cinimatic feel to it.

The fighting is centered around 3 buttons. Theres your basic attack button, a counter button, and a move where you use your cape to stun enimes. Thre was also a take down attack if you press the attack and counter buttons together near a stunned enemy. The moves are really cool, but I really hope you don't get stuck in to many situations like this, because it will get boring fast.

I played two challanges, the first one unloced the 2nd 1, and then there were about 10 other locked challanges,I don't know if I would have beat the 2nd challange(it was REALLY hard) if it would have unlocked more.

I just brought this up because if stores have a demo for it, that means that a XBL and PSN demo might be on the horizon.

Yeah I just got done playing it at Gamestop and I can happily say I am relieved that we finally have a half way decent Batman game. The counter animations while fighting Joker's goons can get a bit over used but it's just plain fun. There are some pretty cool parts also where Batman will go into slow motion and deliver a knockout punch or kick that just looks awesome, think Fight Night.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Harley Quinn:

gam_harleyquinn_580.jpg
[/quote]
So far I've been okay with the character designs for this game, but Harley just looks awful.

bread's done
Back