Batman: Arkham Asylum pre-order bonuses comparison and guide

Nebenator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Having trouble choosing which version and store to get Batman: Arkham Asylum? Use this thread for refference!

Stores:

• Amazon: $12 cheaper with 5OFFARKM code and Amazons lower price, bonus Comic Book

• Best Buy: $10 gift card, Batman DVD Pack

• Buynextgen.com: $43.95

• Gamestop: Bonus Scarecrow map (25% off any pre-owned games with pre-order, and additional Edge Card Discount is available, too)

• Gamecrazy: Joker T-Shirt

• Toys R Us: $20 gift card, $30 gift card if you are a Rewards R Us member (join here)

• Walmart: In-game armor (already unlockable if you complete the game)
Versions:

• Xbox 360: No bonuses

• PS3: Bonus Joker round

• Collectors Edition (for Xbox 360 and PS3): Previous bonuses + 14" In-Game Design Batarang, 50 page full color character encyclopedia, behind the scenes 5 chapter series DVD, Exclusive Collector’s Edition Challenge Map DLC
Conclusion:

• For stores it depends on if you prefer a comic and discount, a bonus map, or an even higher discount but no bonuses

• For versions it depends obviously on your controller and gamerscore/trophy preferences, and the extra round

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not even gonna be greedy about it and go back for another copy (if that B1G1 50% off does work), this is a great deal for a brand new game.

People who bought it at Best Buy: how does the receipt show up in terms of the promotions?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anumeric']the PS3 buy 1 get 1 half off DOES exist.

apparently a corp memo was sent out this morning and employees dont really know about it. i asked and they said only wii and DS but i decided to pick up another game assuming the computer would just automatically do the promo and IT WORKED. the workers looked all confused and i told them there was a corporate memo regarding the ps3 sale. so first game rang up 59.xx and batman rang up 0.xx + 29.99 Batman GC = 90 + tax

worse case try and if it doesnt work, just return the second game but i guarantee itll work since its in the system and that should be nation wide.

ps. for those that preordered make sure batman gets ringed up first or you wont get the $5 deposit credit taken off the game.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap... I've been busy all day. I wish I had seen this before... would've been great to get in on this.

I had planned to buy the PS3 version at Toys R Us, but I ended up returning it for the 360 because it didn't support any HD but 720p. That pisses me off, especially with a multi-platform title that supports 1080i/p on 360.

[quote name='jamezuva']Wow, I was reading people's experiences at SD, and apparently TRU is also running a unadvertised buy 1, get 1/2 off for PS3 games as well in addition to the advertised DS and Wii games. Needless to say, people bought multiple copies of Batman including collector's edition without a hitch[/QUOTE]

WHOA! :hot: Whoa whoa whoa. I had no idea. There's all kinds of games I'd get. Prototype, Fear 2, etc. Wish it worked online, but I guess it's a real thing from all the posts. Wonder if it can be combine with Wii games?

[quote name='adamsappel']I had planned to buy the PS3 version at Toys R Us, but I ended up returning it for the 360 because it didn't support any HD but 720p. That pisses me off, especially with a multi-platform title that supports 1080i/p on 360.[/QUOTE]

Do you have an old monitor that can't do 720p?

I pre-ordered my copy with free super saver shipping on Amazon a few weeks ago. Today I checked the status on it, and it said it was expected to ship on the 31st. Is that standard Amazon policy, even for (or especially for, as the case may be) new releases?

I bought 2 copies of BM: AA for $92.xx (buy 1 get 1 half off on PS3 games) and also got the $60 GC with no problems. going to buy a TRU gift card with it and save it for the annual buy 2 get 1 free deal this fall. woohoo!!

[quote name='PseudoFinrod']I pre-ordered my copy with free super saver shipping on Amazon a few weeks ago. Today I checked the status on it, and it said it was expected to ship on the 31st. Is that standard Amazon policy, even for (or especially for, as the case may be) new releases?[/QUOTE]
Does anyone know?

GRRRR...I just spent a hour and half arguing discussing with Best Buy about their price match policy. I went through 2 supervisors/managers and 2 phone calls to corporate (including a 3 way call with CS and the manager I talked to) and they wouldn't give me the PM. I had the print out and the store kept giving me bullshit about not matching free offers despite it saying right below they would. Such bullshit how they have different policies listed in store and online.

The guy I talked to in-store/on phone said they can't do anything because they offered the DVD (which they were out of) and GC and couldn't do anything to change it. I argued that I was saving them money because instead of $23 value of their deal plus shipping the DVD to my house it would only cost them $20 with the PM. I even told them I would take a Best Buy GC if they wanted. No give. The store was closed for 20 minutes by the time I left and TRU down the road was closed. So no game for me tonight. I'm going to try to PM at Walmart or Target tomorrow and be making a few more calls/e-mails to Best Buy. Blurg.

/rant

[quote name='Nebenator']Does anyone know?[/QUOTE]
Thats the standard policy for anything when choosing FSSS. I've had some pre-orders ship out on release day and others take like 3-4 days before they were shipped. FSSS can take anywhere between 5-7 days before its shipped. Its' usually faster than that.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Thats the standard policy for anything when choosing FSSS. I've had some pre-orders ship out on release day and others take like 3-4 days before they were shipped. FSSS can take anywhere between 5-7 days before its shipped. Its' usually faster than that.[/QUOTE]
Thank you. Also, I'll post when it ships and when it arrives.

My only problem with the Gamestop version of the game is the non-removable "Gamestop Exclusive Dem Bones Challenge Map" ad on the cover. Otherwise, it's great.

OMG!!! I saw the Joystiq Unboxing of Batman Collectors the $99 Version.

DO NOT BUY!!!, I immediately returned mine to Amazon for 100% money back.

The Batarnag is cheap horrible plastic, and is stuck or glued to the plastic post, it was described as a Supersized McDonalds toy.

Stay away.

[quote name='Master Ninja']OMG!!! I saw the Joystiq Unboxing of Batman Collectors the $99 Version.

DO NOT BUY!!!, I immediately returned mine to Amazon for 100% money back.

The Batarnag is cheap horrible plastic, and is stuck or glued to the plastic post, it was described as a Supersized McDonalds toy.

Stay away.[/QUOTE]

Disagreed. It's still pretty cool, even if it is plastic. It doesn't feel like "cheap" plastic either, that video lied.

It's worth the money, if you are into C.E.'s. With ECA and the $5 code, you can't go wrong ($10 - $15 more than retail).

The batarang is scratched up and attached to the stand, but it's still an awesome piece to display. It's probably the best Batman batarang design made thus far.

The case and the plastic box are also excellent pieces to display if you have the room for it, plus it stores everything neatly. The journal is alright too, even though it could've been better made. The extra disc has some good extras to watch, especially if you're a fan of Dini and/or Conroy.

If you can get it from Amazon at the discounted price, go for it. But if you aren't really into collector's editions, then this won't do it for you.

In any case, you have to play the game if you're any type of comic book fan - it really is the best comic book game ever made.

To anyone who might have pre-ordered it from Best Buy for the additional 250 gamer points, you might not get the dvd/GC with it. They did not offer it to me when I picked it up. After I got the game, I checked out the game section and saw the sign for it and was able to get it. BUT it was only after they returned B:AA and rerung it up with the dvd/GC. I am not 100% sure, but I think the return would cancel out the 250 bonus preorder points. 150 gamer points = $10, so the preorder is 10 bucks + 100 gamer points, which is about the same worth as the dvd/GC. I didn't realize this until I left since I hadn't eaten all day and just got done my classes for the day.

I can't wait until October and TRU has the Buy 2 Get 1 deal. I'm thinking Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed 2 and maybe Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. All for $90. ^_^

[quote name='Xerxes']I can't wait until October and TRU has the Buy 2 Get 1 deal. I'm thinking Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed 2 and maybe Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. All for $90. ^_^[/QUOTE]

isn't the B2G1 free from Toys R Us usually only like 1 week? If so

Modern Warfare 2 - 11/10
Assassins Creed 2 - 11/17

those wouldn't apply since they are out the second and third week of November. Unless you are going to do what I think you are going to do...

Picked up Batman:AA this morning at TRU with the 30 dollar gift card. Went back in the afternoon and used the GC to pick up the Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Kollector's Edition for free. Both games are cool and MK v. DC even has both Batman and The Joker as playable characters. Kind of like a themed buy one get 1 free deal. lol

[quote name='tenzor']isn't the B2G1 free from Toys R Us usually only like 1 week? If so

Modern Warfare 2 - 11/10
Assassins Creed 2 - 11/17

those wouldn't apply since they are out the second and third week of November. Unless you are going to do what I think you are going to do...[/QUOTE]
:applause:

It's within the 45 day period. ;)

[quote name='Xerxes']:applause:
cagus.smile.jpg

It's within the 45 day period. ;)[/QUOTE]
Hurray, good to know.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']GRRRR...I just spent a hour and half arguing discussing with Best Buy about their price match policy. I went through 2 supervisors/managers and 2 phone calls to corporate (including a 3 way call with CS and the manager I talked to) and they wouldn't give me the PM. I had the print out and the store kept giving me bullshit about not matching free offers despite it saying right below they would. Such bullshit how they have different policies listed in store and online.

The guy I talked to in-store/on phone said they can't do anything because they offered the DVD (which they were out of) and GC and couldn't do anything to change it. I argued that I was saving them money because instead of $23 value of their deal plus shipping the DVD to my house it would only cost them $20 with the PM. I even told them I would take a Best Buy GC if they wanted. No give. The store was closed for 20 minutes by the time I left and TRU down the road was closed. So no game for me tonight. I'm going to try to PM at Walmart or Target tomorrow and be making a few more calls/e-mails to Best Buy. Blurg.

/rant[/QUOTE]

Just go to TRU if its business policies are better. It's no use arguing with Best Buy. If they're willing to price match, it's good business for them, and if they're not willing, take your business somewhere else.

Which price matching policy are you using to get the GCs at Best Buy? The only one I can fine says:
The guarantee does not apply to our competitors' website pricing and the guarantee does not apply to our or our competitors':
  • Offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors and mail-in offers

If I go into BB to try to get a price match, I need the ammunition to try to make it work as I'm sure they will deny it unless I can find an exception to what's listed above.

Geeeez......All this hatin on the CE?....I thought the batarang was pretty sweet, yeah its "distressed" but mine is just ruddy along the blade edges, and it looks SWEET on my display stand above my tv. The leather bound journal is ok, if they would have just made the book with a better paper grade, its a bit flimsy, but the illustrations are great. The Crime Alley dlc is def one I would have bought if it was on PSN. And finally.......the "batcase" that holds everything, yes its plastic, but its hinged and is kinda sweet on it own.

[quote name='gepet0']I just notice on my TRU gift card .

The expiration date is 10/31/09 They give you 5 days don't sleep on it. I would have never known.[/QUOTE]

5 days for what?

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Picked up Batman:AA this morning at TRU with the 30 dollar gift card. Went back in the afternoon and used the GC to pick up the Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Kollector's Edition for free. Both games are cool and MK v. DC even has both Batman and The Joker as playable characters. Kind of like a themed buy one get 1 free deal. lol[/QUOTE]

can i still get the 30 dollar gift card then today?

The expiration date is 10/31/09 They give you 5 days don't sleep on it. I would have never known.[/QUOTE]
LMAO not to be a dick but 10/31/09 is two months and 6 days away from the release of the game. Even if you just mistakenly typed the wrong date and the date was 8/31/09 that still would be 6 days from the release of the game.

The expiration date is 10/31/09[/QUOTE]
The card expires in OCTOBER, the current month is AUGUST. You have 2 months and 5 days.

[quote name='MisterFleX']To anyone who might have pre-ordered it from Best Buy for the additional 250 gamer points, you might not get the dvd/GC with it. They did not offer it to me when I picked it up. After I got the game, I checked out the game section and saw the sign for it and was able to get it. BUT it was only after they returned B:AA and rerung it up with the dvd/GC. I am not 100% sure, but I think the return would cancel out the 250 bonus preorder points. 150 gamer points = $10, so the preorder is 10 bucks + 100 gamer points, which is about the same worth as the dvd/GC. I didn't realize this until I left since I hadn't eaten all day and just got done my classes for the day.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered it from BB.com and all you have to do is add the game to the cart, add the DVD and the gift card, and you get all three plus the 250 gamer points. I picked up the game yesterday and the DVD and gift card are being shipped. It's just that simple.

However my points aren't in my account yet so we'll see what actually happens. All I know is I am getting the DVD and gift card at least.

Here is some bullshit...I preorder from GS and when I get home and open the game it has the download code for the armor that is the Walmart bonus but you get it anyway when you beat the game. What the hell. I guess I will be stopping by GS again on the way home tonight.

[quote name='DaddySasquatch']Here is some bullshit...I preorder from GS and when I get home and open the game it has the download code for the armor that is the Walmart bonus but you get it anyway when you beat the game. What the hell. I guess I will be stopping by GS again on the way home tonight.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like someone did a switch-a-roo from a different batman purchase maybe?

[quote name='Vortextk']Sounds like someone did a switch-a-roo from a different batman purchase maybe?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, how'd that happen? Maybe an employee?

Also, what is the armor code? Is it a DLC code or an in-game code?

[quote name='metallicoholic']I pre-ordered it from BB.com and all you have to do is add the game to the cart, add the DVD and the gift card, and you get all three plus the 250 gamer points. I picked up the game yesterday and the DVD and gift card are being shipped. It's just that simple.

However my points aren't in my account yet so we'll see what actually happens. All I know is I am getting the DVD and gift card at least.[/QUOTE]

I think what happened for me was that I pre-ordered it before they offered the dvd/GC. So in order for me to get it, they had to do the whole return/resell thing. I also found this while looking at the info for the preorder. "Reward Zone® program members cannot earn bonus points in combination with other promotional points offers." I haven't seen my points yet either and neither has my friend, but I'll guess we'll have to wait and see.

[quote name='no_exit']The card expires in OCTOBER, the current month is AUGUST. You have 2 months and 5 days.[/QUOTE]
i plan on buying a gift card with it, that's what i did for the RE5 GC promo and i used that 20 to buy batman. and for people worried about YMMV, i think it's a perfect legitimate way of spending it, you could give it as a gift and not have to worry about the expiration. either that or buy some 20 dollar item a week before the expiration date and come back before the 45 day return policy to further extend it.

My cousin and I had an absolute NIGHTMARE getting this game.

Firstly:

1) My cousin reserved Arkham over at a local Gamestop under his name. His sister went to go pick it up since he had class. She works at B&N, so she tried to use her discount, since they've accepted it before. Since the reserve was under HIS name, his sister couldn't use the discount. But, they sold her HIS copy anyway. I told him to bitch them out for selling his copy to somebody else without any authorization.

2) I bought it later at Gamestop. The guy had an attitude and was cursing as if I were his buddy or something. I get home to find the box was slightly unwrapped and BROKEN, missing a piece from the top. I returned it for another.

3) Best Buy on Pines Blvd(South FL) didn't price match TRU's GC. On top of that, TRU on Pines ran out of ads AND copies of the game. BB had a few copies left.

What a ****ing nightmare. I'm never going to Gamestop again.

[quote name='kyo27']it says it expires 10/31/09 on the card[/QUOTE]
Can't you buy something using that GC, and then later return it for the credit on a normal, not expiring gift card? Afterall, it's a real gift card not a coupon nor a store credit. That would bypass the 10/31 deadline.

Some work involved but you don't have to use it all up before 10/31.

[quote name='triforcer']i plan on buying a gift card with it, that's what i did for the RE5 GC promo and i used that 20 to buy batman. and for people worried about YMMV, i think it's a perfect legitimate way of spending it, you could give it as a gift and not have to worry about the expiration. either that or buy some 20 dollar item a week before the expiration date and come back before the 45 day return policy to further extend it.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about buying a gift card. But I think I already found the best way to maximize it's use and beat the expiration date.

[quote name='eau']Can't you buy something using that GC, and then later return it for the credit on a normal, not expiring gift card? Afterall, it's a real gift card not a coupon nor a store credit. That would bypass the 10/31 deadline.

Some work involved but you don't have to use it all up before 10/31.[/QUOTE]

I would plan on buying a real gift card with the promo one. A real item purchase would be a huge hassle (you now have a balance with cash/credit and a new 30? day deadline). There is no rule on the card that states I cannot buy another gift card with it, and I haven't heard anyone getting denied with that method yet.

[quote name='Xerxes']I was thinking about buying a gift card. But I think I already found the best way to maximize it's use and beat the expiration date.[/QUOTE]
Let me know if it works. That would beat buying unnecessary thing just to beat the expiration date.

[quote name='eau']Let me know if it works. That would beat buying unnecessary thing just to beat the expiration date.[/QUOTE]
The only glitch in my plan is TRU saying they aren't having the sale in October.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yeah, how'd that happen? Maybe an employee?

Also, what is the armor code? Is it a DLC code or an in-game code?[/QUOTE]

It is DLC.

bread's done
Back