Batman: The Dark Knight - Movie Thread - $158.3 Million First Weekend

I really don't think this is the final script. I'm thinking some lines were changed or maybe it is but they changed some when the were filming. I don't think he said "Dent knew the risks" in the movie.

I finally saw the movie last week. However, my friends had hyped it up a lot, one said it was the best movie he'd ever seen. So I was pretty disappointed. The Joker was an interesting character but all the other "comic book" guys, such as Batman himself and Two-Face, came off as laughable and I thought they just about ruined the movie.

Unless he said "dent knew the risks" extremely fast, i still say he said "Rachel". Of course, it's hard to understand him when he's using his bat-voice.

I finally watched the movie last Saturday and I liked it better than Batman Begins. I walked in during the last 20 seconds or so of the Watchmen preview which looked great. I'll look up the whole trailer online later. The super hero movies are on a good streak so far with this one and Iron Man (I also liked Superman Returns).

He said Rachel in that scene. No doubts about it, it's very clear. He may have said "Dent knew the risks" at some other point in the film.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Movie dropped to #4 at the box office...wonder how close it is to beating out Titanic[/QUOTE]

Has no chance unfortunately. It's at $489 million now, Titanic was at $611 million (if I'm recalling these numbers correctly). TDK will make somewhere in the mid 500 millions most likely with it's current weekly box office declines.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Has no chance unfortunately. It's at $489 million now, Titanic was at $611 million (if I'm recalling these numbers correctly). TDK will make somewhere in the mid 500 millions most likely with it's current weekly box office declines.[/quote]

Oh, bummer...I guess it makes sense, chicks drag their man to watch Titanic, while most guys, can't do the same with TDK.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lordwow']Titanic was also shown in theaters for about 9 months straight.[/quote]

That's true also, movies have a way shorter cycle from theaters to DVD now then they used to back then.

As far as it slowing down, TDK just opened in IMAX at smaller IMAX theaters just this past week, so we might see a boost in revenue for the next couple weeks.

[quote name='dmaul1114']http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/

Titanic was #1 for 15 straight weekends, which is the all time record. As much as I hate it, it wasn't just having a longer window to DVD etc. It just dominated the box office for a long time.[/quote]

if you factor Titanic's box office in today's dollars it smokes batman even more.

[quote name='Filbert']I finally saw the movie last week. However, my friends had hyped it up a lot, one said it was the best movie he'd ever seen. So I was pretty disappointed. The Joker was an interesting character but all the other "comic book" guys, such as Batman himself and Two-Face, came off as laughable and I thought they just about ruined the movie.[/quote]
Dent was awesome. Talk about underused. Say what you will about Joker. He was pretty good and all that but the surprise of the day was the performance for Dent/Two-Face. Criminally underused. For the record as much as I enjoy the playboy Bruce (and 2 chicks, 1 seat from BB was the funniest most unexpected laugh I've had in a movie theatre) as Batman he just sounds forced. like he's pretending rather than becoming.

[quote name='R1V3R5']Keaton was a better Batman.[/QUOTE]

Keaton's been the best Batman in the costume, but Bale is the best when you consider all of the parts of the role. Keaton's Bruce Wayne didn't feel like the filthy rich playboy that he is.

in spite of that I'd still take Keaton over Bale. I think Keaton could develop a playboy character better than Bale could downgrade his almost just about nearly comical caped crusader.

Keaton always seemed a little too old to me, even though i guess Batman wasn't supposed to be his beginning. Still, if he were just meeting the joker, that'd be pretty early in his career.

I cannot see Bale as Bruce without seeing Patrick Bateman, and I cannot hear Bale as Batman without wanting to kill innocent people.

[quote name='Koggit']I cannot see Bale as Bruce without seeing Patrick Bateman, and I cannot hear Bale as Batman without wanting to kill innocent people.[/quote]
Bale's Bruce Wayne is like Bateman without the homicidal side.

Michael Keaton's problems as Batman was awful hair, short and that goddamn "YOU WANNA GET NUTS?!" Scene in the first Batman movie...

So suffice to say Bale overwhelmingly, that and Christian Bale is just the friggin man.

So late the the party it's not even funny.

Damn you people for overhyping this thing for me. Yes, I liked it. Yes, it was good. But only a mildly impressed clap for Ledger, and a fresh bag of cotton for Bale's cheeks whenever he was in the Batsuit. God, last half of the movie all I heard was GRRMRRPHMPRRRRPH!

The Joker wasn't really that creepy to me either. Though I probably laughed a few more times than I should have (on one hand it's the Joker. That's his thing. On the other hand, people are dying horribly. ...No, still funny).

R.I.P, Harvey Dent's pretty face. :(

Meh, bye Rachel. Thanks for being a damn burden to half the cast.

Sorry, not the best movie ever. Not even the best superhero flick ever. Of course everyone will run over to Watchmen next year and scream the same thing forgetting all about this. :roll:

[quote name='ananag112']Thanks.

I found this quite interesting (page 95)

"Batman's cape sucks together, forming a tight pack on his shoulders, clear of the churning rear tire of the bat pod"

Was it just me or was Batman's cape flowing down during that scene. Its pretty minor, but I remember thinking Batman's cape looked like it was about to get caught on the rear tire and I saw some message board users commenting on the same thing.

Also (page 107), when Gordon asks Batman which he is going after, he says:

"Dent knew the risks"

But yeah, if there still are any debates about the Joker lying, this should clear it up (page 112)[/QUOTE]

Pretty late to the party, but the Open Cation version clearly states that he says "Rachel"

[quote name='VioletArrows']
Meh, bye Rachel. Thanks for being a damn burden to half the cast.[/quote]There's no way a Batman origin movie should have had a girl in it in the first place. That and Ra's al Ghul were my two biggest beefs with Batman Begins.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Pretty late to the party, but the Open Cation version clearly states that he says "Rachel"[/quote]open cations shouldn't be saying anything. cations should just be running along to the nearest anode.

bread's done
Back