Batman: The Dark Knight - Movie Thread - $158.3 Million First Weekend

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Well the setup for Hush is pretty much there.
Mr. Reese knows he's Batman, Joker is still alive. BOTH could be used to weave a mystery around this guy that plays mind games with the Batman. Thing is if they go this route I really hope they don't follow the comic book storyline and have Hush just be someone different. Or at the very least throw us off and keep us guessing.

As for Dent
I'm thinking he's still alive, just in hiding, or someone else besides Bats kills him.
[/QUOTE]

I agree
There was no huge puddle of blood, just a guy laying there. My guess is batman absorbed the brunt of the fall but not enough to keep Harvy conscious . He couldn't close his eye on the other side of his face since hey no eyelid, still I will admit it leaves it wide open for his character to either be dead or alive come next movie

[quote name='naes']The last coin flip from Harvey Dent landed on heads. He's alive.[/QUOTE]

The director confirmed he was dead in an interview.

The coin flip had nothing to do with him. He was flipping over whether Gordon's son would die. It landed heads and he didn't.

[quote name='lordwow']The coin flip had nothing to do with him. He was flipping over whether Gordon's son would die. It landed heads and he didn't.[/quote]
I know that he flipped it for Gordon's son, but I think that it's a clue to Harvey's fate because while the coin was in the air, it was Harvey Dent's life on the line.

[quote name='naes']Link?[/QUOTE]
http://cdn2.libsyn.com/creativescre...43&nva=20080729020043&t=0976f00e3308f0a235923

It was actually the screenplay writer, Jonathan Nolan, Chris's brother.

He also confirms that The Joker told Batman the wrong address on purpose.

Also, here is the original Joker makeup test:

Picture005-1.jpg

So Harvey is dead..........

but Two Face is not?

Well, we'll just have wait to see in the 3rd one

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who said multiple viewings of this movie help to like it more is right.

Saw it for the 2nd time in theaters today and it was great...for some reason the ending still felt out of place, but I enjoyed the movie alot more this time around - either alot of stuff made more sense or I paid more attention.

And for some reason:
I couldn't stop laughing when Dent said 'My turn' at the end of the movie and pointed the gun at his head...lol?

Got back from seeing The Dark Knight about half an hour ago and got to see it in IMAX. Really enjoyed it and liked it more than Batman Begins. The IMAX scenes were awesome to see, even though it was mostly just for the outdoor scenes. Ledger did a great job as The Joker!

Yeah, that script page seems to indicate that Harvey is dead, but Two-Face is alive. That seems like a bit of a stretch for an explanation, so that's likely why they didn't make it real explicit in the film.

Another idea is that maybe it *was* made clear originally, but after Ledger died they backed off so they could plausibly bring Dent back for another film, since they were out the villain they were originally going to bring back.

[quote name='zewone']
2n8vbkg.jpg
[/QUOTE]

"So is Two-Face's side of the neck" looks really strange/out of place. The text, especially in the center of the page, is much darker than the rest. For example, compare the "of" in "of the neck" to the "of" directly above it in "of the hole", or the "good" below it. And it's awkwardly worded.

Another strange thing about it is how the page appears to be curved, as is evident on the top of the page where the words are at an angle, yet the lines at the bottom are perfectly horizontal. In particular, notice "I have to go now. My planet needs me." isn't parallel to the bottom of the page.

I vote fake.

[quote name='Megalith']There is no damn villain for the next Batman.
It's Batman vs. Gordon, the GPD, and Gotham itself.
The theme will probably be about the struggle to maintain dualities.[/quote]

ridder and mad hatter team up! @__@

[quote name='billyrox']I wish Joker had said "i have to go know, my planet needs me"[/quote]

and I wish that was the very end of the movie. Just a quick cut to the Joker saying that then black then credits.

[quote name='gareman']and I wish that was the very end of the movie. Just a quick cut to the Joker saying that then black then credits.[/quote]

:applause: lol

[quote name='Koggit']"So is Two-Face's side of the neck" looks really strange/out of place. The text, especially in the center of the page, is much darker than the rest. For example, compare the "of" in "of the neck" to the "of" directly above it in "of the hole", or the "good" below it. And it's awkwardly worded.

Another strange thing about it is how the page appears to be curved, as is evident on the top of the page where the words are at an angle, yet the lines at the bottom are perfectly horizontal. In particular, notice "I have to go now. My planet needs me." isn't parallel to the bottom of the page.

I vote fake.[/quote]

It's pretty obvious that Two Face's neck, but he didn't catch it so... and the Joker part at the end are photoshopped in. The font is slightly different and it's clearer then the rest of the text.

The "I have to go now. My planet needs me" is hilarious though. :lol:

[quote name='Kaijufan']It's pretty obvious that Two Face's neck, but he didn't catch it so... and the Joker part at the end are photoshopped in. The font is slightly different and it's clearer then the rest of the text.

The "I have to go now. My planet needs me" is hilarious though. :lol:[/quote]

Is your avatar from the movie "The Hidden"? It'd be awesome if The Joker turned out to be one of those squid looking things...

[quote name='ITDEFX']So... has any site compared how much Iron Man made in 10 days vs how much TDK made in 10 days yet to see who won?[/quote]

no way its close

[quote name='Koggit']I really don't see what's funny about "I have to go now. My planet needs me." Is it a reference to something?[/quote]
It's from an episode of the Simpsons. The character Poochie said it when they killed him off from the Itchy and Scratchy show.

[quote name='007']Yeah, that script page seems to indicate that Harvey is dead, but Two-Face is alive. That seems like a bit of a stretch for an explanation, so that's likely why they didn't make it real explicit in the film.
[/QUOTE]

That's what I gathered from my viewing of the movie, that Dent was "dead" but two-face is still alive. And batman and gordon did not want the public to know that dent had gone buck wild and killed cops and basically gone nuts, so they wanted to have a funeral for Dent and
Batman made his choice to be the "bad guy" to protect the memory of the "real hero" Dent.

[quote name='dastly75']Is your avatar from the movie "The Hidden"?[/QUOTE]

That movie was awesome! I have not seen it in years! I need to see if I can track it down sometime.

Spoiler tags seem pretty pointless by now, but Re: Dent's actions near the end

Why was he sipping gas off the floor, anyway? Seriously, what was the goal there? Drink it all so that it doesn't ignite?

[quote name='ITDEFX']So... has any site compared how much Iron Man made in 10 days vs how much TDK made in 10 days yet to see who won?[/quote]

Iron man 10 day: 42,405 #18 of all time

The Dark Knight 10 day: $71,869 #1 of all time

Close...;)

[quote name='Lice'] Iron man 10 day: 42,405 #18 of all time

The Dark Knight 10 day: $71,869 #1 of all time

Close...;)[/quote]

awwww.

[quote name='Koggit']Spoiler tags seem pretty pointless by now, but Re: Dent's actions near the end

Why was he sipping gas off the floor, anyway? Seriously, what was the goal there? Drink it all so that it doesn't ignite?
[/quote]
From what I gathered, he fell over accidentally/intentionally trying to get at something to free himself or get to the detonator. The sipping was trying to spit it out as it was flooding his face.

[quote name='Michael Scott']Man those theatre workers must have really wanted those props for themselves. No way I'd tackle and restrain a guy dressed up like that stealing shit.[/QUOTE]

Maybe one of them was dressed up as Batman.

bread's done
Back