Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

Does anyone know where you can see a list of all the new weapons coming out with the close quarters DLC? And the premium for that matter?

AUG Assault Rifle
SCAR-L Assault Rifle
ACW-R Carbine
MTAR-21 Carbine
M417 Sniper Rifle
JNG-90 Sniper Rifle
L86LSW Machine Gun
LSAT Machine Gun
MP5K Tactical Machine Pistol
SPAS-12 Shotgun
No other weapons listed not until it gets closer to the next dlc.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'll probaby just get premium. I'm not playing CoD anymore and I know I want close quarters and armored kill.[/QUOTE]
This. I love that they're actually supporting the game instead of releasing a new one every 6 months. I'll probably rent Black Ops 2 or get it if it ever hits $30, but I'm tired of COD and still loving BF3. Going to get premium ASAP.

Not that I care anymore, but suppressors are nerfed because there was no reason to use anything else on your gun unless you were long range sniping.

Hiding you from 3d autospotting is very strong.

So I played for the first time again last night in months and had a blast again. One big thing I noticed was how easy it is to get suppression assists now. I really dislike the server rental garbage and have had to favorite a handful of official severs. There really are only a handful left. Perhaps only 2 or 3 playing CQ only, which is what I do. It's funny how easy that used to be to do.

It seems daunting to constantly keep track of what are the best weapons after each update so I just stick to what I know and hope for the best. If anyone is on late ever feel free to join me on the Dice CQ servers.

I played last night and was instantly reminded why this is the only game I havent sold a week after completing. Best MP FPS that has come out in a long time.

More updates, more maps, more everything.

[quote name='gubmccargen']So I played for the first time again last night in months and had a blast again. One big thing I noticed was how easy it is to get suppression assists now. I really dislike the server rental garbage and have had to favorite a handful of official severs. There really are only a handful left. Perhaps only 2 or 3 playing CQ only, which is what I do. It's funny how easy that used to be to do.

It seems daunting to constantly keep track of what are the best weapons after each update so I just stick to what I know and hope for the best. If anyone is on late ever feel free to join me on the Dice CQ servers.[/QUOTE]

I usually play assault. I just stick with the M4A1 (heavy barrel, Holo and Grip). Anything else feels to jumpy for me.

Planning on getting back into this again, not by my xbox right now to check, but the last update I;ve downloaded was the rent-a-server one, are there any more manual ones I'll have to get off the market place or should I be good to go with title updates?

[quote name='seanr1221']I usually play assault. I just stick with the M4A1 (heavy barrel, Holo and Grip). Anything else feels to jumpy for me.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for this. I always like to see the loads people use, especially those that keep track of the updates better than I do! I was using the G3 for assault but the recoil is a bit much. I still love the standard SCAR for engineer and the M249 for support. Basics, I know, but I like the feel of them. I'm looking forward to finally getting the F2000 for assault. I have always liked the fast rate of fire weapons most of all.

[quote name='gubmccargen']Cool, thanks for this. I always like to see the loads people use, especially those that keep track of the updates better than I do! I was using the G3 for assault but the recoil is a bit much. I still love the standard SCAR for engineer and the M249 for support. Basics, I know, but I like the feel of them. I'm looking forward to finally getting the F2000 for assault. I have always liked the fast rate of fire weapons most of all.[/QUOTE]

Oops I'm sorry I meant m416! Not m4a1. Always bad with gun names :(

I really wanted to like the F2000 but it was so spastic I went back to the m416. I have a feeling I'll like it in close quarters.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Started using the MP7 yesterday, its actually quite a good little gun. Once I unlock the extended mag it'll be alot better though.[/QUOTE]

MP7 hipfire is amazing

Conquest domination is a lot of fun, but too short. Map has a lot of ways of sneaking around. I like them so far, just dont really care for the gun game. I guess I have to get used to it. Have not played that since I used to play counter strike.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Conquest domination is a lot of fun, but too short. Map has a lot of ways of sneaking around. I like them so far, just dont really care for the gun game. I guess I have to get used to it. Have not played that since I used to play counter strike.[/QUOTE]

I came to read what y'all thought about the new maps/modes/etc. Good to know they are decent. I'm still on the fence whether to use my 4k MS points card or just buy individual DLC packs.

[quote name='Soodmeg'] Havent had time to play...been trying to transfer my fucking data to an new HDD but its not working[/QUOTE]

I've done my fair share of backups. What seems to be the problem with the data backup?

Not a back up just trying to transfer all my files from one HDD to my new bigger HDD. Apparently the cable I bought doesnt have the right firmware....which makes no sense to me.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Not a back up just trying to transfer all my files from one HDD to my new bigger HDD. Apparently the cable I bought doesnt have the right firmware....which makes no sense to me.[/QUOTE]

A cable needing firmware? That's a first :D It's probably the controller, on your external HDD, that needs the driver. Are you running Windows 7 or an older OS?

I like the new maps but hate how they have set it up with random spawn points. I can go into a room and it be clear turn around to walk out and boom headshot from the back. It has a COD feel to it. :whistle2:#

I haven't played much in awhile so it was fun to get a couple of hrs in. I talked my two cousins to buy it but I never see them playing it anymore. I might try to catch the new stuff when it goes on sale.

[quote name='Soodmeg']New maps are fantastic, new game modes although a rip off of COD mode is fantastic.[/QUOTE]

The new maps and unlocks etc, have re-energized my interest in the game. They are very fun and fast paced.

I am not getting Premium so I am waiting for the new DLC to be released to the masses. I am waiting and waiting and waiting.

^ thanks for the heads up. im only LVL 10 and havent played sense december but i think i'll jump back in this weekend for some double xp.

Sweet, double xp is cool. The only thing that sucks about the new maps is the lack of game modes. The ones they have now make it so its more of a run and gun shooter than a BF game.

Nice change of pace though.

wow alright so i just boot up to be slammed with a multiplayer update 3 patch over 2gigs. to play the karkland stuff do i have to download a whole other patch? im running really low on GB's

Yeah just go to the BF 3 section in the XBox Live Marketplace and download all the free stuff. There's 4 or 5 updates total and according to @battlefield you need all of them so it might be time to upgrade hard drive.

Okay guys I finally have a server up and running. It's going to be available for 90 days, so plenty of time to play on them and tweak the playlist. It is going to be a conquest playlist with all of the main BF 3 maps and a few of the Karkland maps. I will be adding the new maps as soon as some more people(friends) get them.

The name of the server is: ACE Squad Presents: Regular Conquest Server DICE settings
It is in East US

Hope to see some of you guys on there!

Last edited by a moderator:
I need someone to partner up with for the co-op missions. I haven't done any of them yet. If you're interested, send me a message here or over xbox live, my gamertag is Bizarro13.

Tonight I'm hoping to get a couple of hours in from about 7 PM PST to 10 PM PST at the latest.

I'll second that Rush thought. If they could fit Conquest, why not Rush as well? Make it a short (2 sets of MCOMs?), multi-round mode with a tight time limit. The chaos would be glorious.

In case you haven't yet, unlock the SPAS-12 as quickly as possible. It's the weapon de jeur at the moment, and with good reason: slap a holo/red dot sight, extended mag and flechette ammo and it's unstoppable on these small maps. I set a record for kills I doubt I'll be breaking any time soon. Just make sure to aim down sights when using it. For some reason, I found it nearly impossible to hit anyone from any distance when hip-firing, even including point-blank.

Only map I don't like is Scrapmetal/Scrapyard so far. Too layered vertically.

[quote name='gotdott']I feel like a slimmed down rush would have worked on these maps, they're pretty fun to run through[/QUOTE]

No room for deployment, that's why the maps have random spawn points.

[quote name='dotCody']No room for deployment, that's why the maps have random spawn points.[/QUOTE]

Any portion of the map could be cut off and turned into deployment areas, they are more than big enough for a squad rush game mode. If you've played any squad rush map, the designated areas are pretty much all smaller than the CQC maps since it's 2 sets of mcoms

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I'll second that Rush thought. If they could fit Conquest, why not Rush as well? Make it a short (2 sets of MCOMs?), multi-round mode with a tight time limit. The chaos would be glorious.

In case you haven't yet, unlock the SPAS-12 as quickly as possible. It's the weapon de jeur at the moment, and with good reason: slap a holo/red dot sight, extended mag and flechette ammo and it's unstoppable on these small maps. I set a record for kills I doubt I'll be breaking any time soon. Just make sure to aim down sights when using it. For some reason, I found it nearly impossible to hit anyone from any distance when hip-firing, even including point-blank.

Only map I don't like is Scrapmetal/Scrapyard so far. Too layered vertically.[/QUOTE]

I had my first rage ban from a server using that combo. The host wasn't too happy whenI kept killing him :)

[quote name='seanr1221']I had my first rage ban from a server using that combo. The host wasn't too happy whenI kept killing him :)[/QUOTE]
The host on mine switched sides early in the match, when things began swaying against his team. I've only been kicked from a server once, for daring to take a jet after the admin and his buddy kept hogging them, sucking, getting shot down, and leaving us to deal with a full airspace of enemy planes and helos on Caspian.

I came back into the game and finished MVP by a country mile, pushing our team from losing to winning. They didn't kick me again after that. :lol:

Has anyone unlocked the Show of Force? I've unlocked the 10 weapons of CQ and this morning went by the list to make sure I was using the right guns. I would get my 10 kills and then switch to the next gun on the list till I was done with all them but the achievement never unlocked. Am I missing something?

I would check your battlog and see if you have 10 kills on each one. It would not count kills for the assignments for some people when the premium and cqb assignments came out. It unlocked just fine for me.

bread's done
Back