Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

[quote name='bear489']Has anyone unlocked the Show of Force? I've unlocked the 10 weapons of CQ and this morning went by the list to make sure I was using the right guns. I would get my 10 kills and then switch to the next gun on the list till I was done with all them but the achievement never unlocked. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Mine unlocked fine last night. Most were half done from playing gun master. So I'm not sure just go thru your guns and make sure they all got 10 use battle log.

Awesome getting booted right when the match is over and the screen is fading to the stats , all because I was raping.

New maps worth it?

Is there a CAG Battlefield group that plays regularly? Specifically, I'm interested in playing on the new maps and would love to have more consistent teammates. It really sucks when I start out a round 11-0 and my team is only winning by two points in TDM.

I'm not looking for a super competitive clan or anything, just people that know how to play objective games correctly and use their classes effectively.

My son and I play bf3, will it be necessary to buy 2 bf3 premiums? Or is there a way to buy just one since we are in the same house?

[quote name='tukai']My son and I play bf3, will it be necessary to buy 2 bf3 premiums? Or is there a way to buy just one since we are in the same house?[/QUOTE]

I don't think the console migration thing will work on BF3 premium, so you'll probably have to buy it twice.

[quote name='xcoax']Is there a CAG Battlefield group that plays regularly? Specifically, I'm interested in playing on the new maps and would love to have more consistent teammates. It really sucks when I start out a round 11-0 and my team is only winning by two points in TDM.

I'm not looking for a super competitive clan or anything, just people that know how to play objective games correctly and use their classes effectively.[/QUOTE]

If you want to play add me. I usually play Rush and TDM on the regular maps but open to play CQ. I've also got the close quarter dlc. So far it's been pretty fun, I would love for others to join as well.

Yeah a whole 2 days early access lol. Also this will be tied to the LE Online Pass like the others so just get one of those copies post launch.

I haven't played this in awhile and put it in and seemed like every person who killed me were premium players. Are only the die-hards still playing? I saw on the major nelson blog that it got passed (on the live activity list) by MW2 which really surprised me.

The tweens can't give up their super olly 720 prone no-scope tiger camo headshots.Which is why they go back to MW2 and we owned them off of BF3.

Cant wait till Armored Kill.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']I haven't played this in awhile and put it in and seemed like every person who killed me were premium players. Are only the die-hards still playing? I saw on the major nelson blog that it got passed (on the live activity list) by MW2 which really surprised me.[/QUOTE]

Kids being back in school may have something to do with it. Less time to play multiple games?

Pumped for armored kill, I know how i'll be spending my wed&thursday this week. Working 12's the rest of this week and weekend so i'll get my money's worth those 2 days. Haha

Will be nice to see a wave of new players coming in with the release of the premium edition as well.

There is currently a 1.44 gig patch, not sure how new it is I haven't played in a few weeks. Just a heads up if anyone wants to DL it in preparation to play AK pack faster...

Having a whole lot of fun with KK with a few buddies. The maps are big and really nice. I'm really enjoying it after the huge letdown of CQ

[quote name='slickkill77']The maps are all pretty damn boring. The mountain one is the best but overall these are a huge letdown[/QUOTE]

That's too bad my friends and I really like them. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

They're awesome maps, don't get me wrong, but these are equivalent to playing a 6 and under soccer game in an olympic stadium. They play just like Firestorm and Caspian. They need more vehicles at spawn too.

Xbox version is down right now too

FYI you can get the Premium Edition for $36 plus tax at BB right now:

Trade in BF 3 for $24 ($12 base + 100% extra TIC)
Buy BF 3 Premium Edition game for $36 + tax.

I'm having so much fun with Armored Kill right now. Man I just whompped the other team with the gunship. Lol it was 3 or 5 minutes before they finally shot me down. The atvs are invallluable on these large maps though. Took out a tank from across the map (wide-ways) with an arched rocket lol, instant gratification.

I was just kicked from a server for basically kicking ass. The owner was a whiny little bitch. I was abiding by every rule and pretty much just dominating. I guess he couldn't handle it. It annoys me that we have to deal with shitty people like that when we really have no other choice if we wanna play.

[quote name='Tsel']I was just kicked from a server for basically kicking ass. The owner was a whiny little bitch. I was abiding by every rule and pretty much just dominating. I guess he couldn't handle it. It annoys me that we have to deal with shitty people like that when we really have no other choice if we wanna play.[/QUOTE]

Fortunately, I've not had that happen to me on an official DICE server. I've favorited several DICE servers to avoid rented servers. So far, so good.

These new maps are virtually console killers with 12 man teams. 2 in gun ship + 2 in chopper + 2 in jets + 2 token snipers = 4 peeps actually playing for the objective. Yeah I hear yah dice, outdated hardware in the 360 can't support larger teams :((

If you don't agree with what I'm saying your probably one of those peeps that either wait for a Jet or Jock the heli pad 24/7. This game pretty much hit the curb right around the time where they implemented the rent a server. Come on dice, at least offer official servers that rotate same game modes only.

I give a big finger to all those sucka admins that boot peeps for doing well!!!

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI you can get the Premium Edition for $36 plus tax at BB right now:

Buy BF 3 Premium Edition game for $36 + tax.[/QUOTE]

Is this still on @ BB?

i have a great idea that I wish would happen. A server rating system. I'm tired of losing all my bonuses from an hour long metro session because of getting booted by an admin you just got a nemesis ribbon from. And Dice servers just dont do it for me.

Sorry for the griping session. Another idea would be not allowing to boot players mid-game, only after the round has ended.

Grabbed my brother in laws copy, since he has not played it in 9 months and I traded my copy in. Wish I could find the premium for under $40. Really enjoyed this game.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI you can get the Premium Edition for $36 plus tax at BB right now:

Buy BF 3 Premium Edition game for $36 + tax.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lonestarranger']Is this still on @ BB?[/QUOTE]

As long as BB doesn't change the TIV, this will work again next week at BB as they're doing 100% extra on trade ins again starting Sunday. I just checked and it's still at $12 base TIV.

[quote name='not2worried']Grabbed my brother in laws copy, since he has not played it in 9 months and I traded my copy in. Wish I could find the premium for under $40. Really enjoyed this game.[/QUOTE]

Buy some points from the site that shall remain unnamed 4000msp for under $40.

New details on the Aftermath DLC released this week:

Urban warfare theme in the streets of Tehran (probably modeled after a few of the single player missions), although I do not believe it will be completely close quarters as they also advertise 2 new vehicles.

New weapon announced (Gasp!)- Crossbow!

I would expect the crossbow to be an instant one hit kill, otherwise reloading bolts after every shot would be pointless.

Releases last week of November for PS3 Premium, then the first week of December for Xbox 360 Premium members. Probably December 14th ish for everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI BF 3 Premium Edition will be $39.99 at Gamestop from Oct. 31-Nov. 6. It's in their online/email weekly ad that someone in the deals forum got early.

Maybe someone can answer this question. My nephew's haves BF3 but only one can play online right now because the online code is user specific. They are thinking of upgrading to premium to get the extra maps and trade in their LE copy. The question I have is the code for premium covers the maps, the 15 weapon head start and the online pass. I told them the person without the online pass should redeem the code under their gamertag to get the online pass so they can both use their own profiles to play. Now the maps are not user specific right? As long as the maps are downloaded they both should be able to play on them right? The older one is paying for the difference and plays more often so I do not want the maps to be unavailable to him. Anyone know?

bumping dead thread. anyone looking to squad up for aftermath next week feel free to shoot me a friend request. ill be switching between this and farcry 3 since im getting tired of halo already

bread's done
Back