Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Discussion

Can't seem to connect to servers at the moment but it's to be expected as the game's still brand new. Though I went out of my way to register an epic user name that is DragonzordRanger.

greenranger.jpg
:)

Does anyone have an extra pre ordered one that they can gift me over steam? I will pay for it via Paypal. PM me please

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Engineer is my favorite class most definitely.[/QUOTE]
I was shocked at how good this class is because you get mad points for just about everything. I usually hop in the gunner's seat of a tank so I can jump out and repair while the tank commander blasts other tanks. If we're losing, I'll pop off an M136 rocket to catch up. Otherwise it's just mowing down the scrubs and spotting. Oh and the motion sensor spec is a MUST. It really lights up targets farther away than you'd think. Plenty of time to stop a recon from C4'ing you.

Why must work days be 8 hours long?!

How is BC2 playing for everyone maybe post some specs, my GTS 250 1gig (675mhz slower clocked version) coming in the mail today. and thinking of getting this game on PC rather than 360....betting on it having longer lifespan on PC...???

Well, the game just broke for me. Every server I try to join it tells me it's "Lost connection" or some crap. What a shame, I was having so much fun.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Well, the game just broke for me. Every server I try to join it tells me it's "Lost connection" or some crap. What a shame, I was having so much fun.[/QUOTE]

i think you should rage and demand a refund like every tard on the steam forums :D

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Well, the game just broke for me. Every server I try to join it tells me it's "Lost connection" or some crap. What a shame, I was having so much fun.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I hope they fix this soon. I tend to find a server with good pings and just stay on it all night.

[quote name='mercilessming']How is BC2 playing for everyone maybe post some specs, my GTS 250 1gig (675mhz slower clocked version) coming in the mail today. and thinking of getting this game on PC rather than 360....betting on it having longer lifespan on PC...???[/QUOTE]
game works good for me.

amd athlon2 x4 620, 4gb ram, ati 4770 512mb.
I ran SP on 1280x1024 on everything set on High, 2xAA, 1xAF. and that HBAO crap off. I hade ~60FPS according to Fraps.

Havent checked with Fraps what fps i have in MP. But I have lowered the settings a bit to be on the safe side.
So everything is on medium except textures which is High, 1xAA & 1xAF and HBAO off. And so far soo good, havent experienced any slowdowns or anything during mp so i might raise the settings a bit maybe.

[quote name='qwerty1']i think you should rage and demand a refund like every tard on the steam forums :D[/QUOTE]

The official forums are worse. I wish people would calm the fuck down.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']The official forums are worse. I wish people would calm the fuck down.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's been two days and EA/DICE have yet to do a thing about it. Hell, they took care of the same problem in the beta faster than this. I know I personally would like to actually be able to play the game rather than just stare at it in my Steam window.

Well for people who keep saying "THEY HAVEN'T SAID A THING ABOUT IT" I guess they're missing the scrolling text at the bottom saying "Hey we know it's messed up, we're working on it" But that's not to say DICE is without faults.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Well for people who keep saying "THEY HAVEN'T SAID A THING ABOUT IT" I guess they're missing the scrolling text at the bottom saying "Hey we know it's messed up, we're working on it" But that's not to say DICE is without faults.[/QUOTE]

I can't even view that because the game fails to connect to anything EA related. There is no text scrolling at the bottom of my screen.

[quote name='SEH']I can't even view that because the game fails to connect to anything EA related. There is no text scrolling at the bottom of my screen.[/QUOTE]

Ah, my bad. Guess my position isn't as bad as some people's :cold:

After doing a few play nows I finally got in to a match. Feel bad for the people who can't even get that far :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It's dumb that they announce it that way, so the people having the issues cant even see it.

Regardless, I hate the fact that many have just grown to live with the fact that games at launch shouldn't work, or that we should just deal with it. That mentality is totally backwards in my opinion. I dont wanna hear "well, it just came out, so it's okay" or "the game launched Tuesday, give it some time to work". Are you kidding? I paid $50 for the game to work, not to have it sit here so I can wait for dev's to patch it to a playable state.

I don't mind if there are some bugs or glitches with a game when it's released, but for it to literally be unplayable is unacceptable.

Well, connection issues aside I'd say this is the best quasi-realistic shooter I've ever played. I never rage (Aside from blatant sniping around walls due to insane ping) which shows signs of a balanced and overall fun game. Every class has its roles and nothing feels to under or overpowered.

Anyhow, if anyone wants to squad up, the IGN is Shmag.

Wow... after a bit of playing this I got nostalgic and reloaded BF1942 and Desert Combat.

1 active Desert Combat Server....
Really sad how that game just died.

WOW , WOW , WOW super LAME . I somehow did some kind of equipment glitch . I had only been using the Engineer class ( scar gun ) . Then I decided I wanted to try out the MEDIA class so I pulled out the LMG ( PKM-something ) and after that game I somehow had ALL the LMG's in my inventory and I am only a level 5 player , anyone else find this problem ?

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']WOW , WOW , WOW super LAME . I somehow did some kind of equipment glitch . I had only been using the Engineer class ( scar gun ) . Then I decided I wanted to try out the MEDIA class so I pulled out the LMG ( PKM-something ) and after that game I somehow had ALL the LMG's in my inventory and I am only a level 5 player , anyone else find this problem ?[/QUOTE]

You're unhappy with that? I mean of all the glitches I've heard, that's the only good one :lol:

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']You're unhappy with that? I mean of all the glitches I've heard, that's the only good one :lol:[/QUOTE]

yeah but now the Trophy is glitched and I can NEVER get it " EVER " . I mean I am no trophy/achievement whore but something made me really want to Platinum this game.......I guess you cant win em' all . BUT hell atleast I have some KICKASS weapons :D

I have been able to play every night. It make take me 15 mins to get into a game, but once im into the game its sooo much fun.

[quote name='SEH']Regardless, I hate the fact that many have just grown to live with the fact that games at launch shouldn't work, or that we should just deal with it. That mentality is totally backwards in my opinion. I dont wanna hear "well, it just came out, so it's okay" or "the game launched Tuesday, give it some time to work". Are you kidding? I paid $50 for the game to work, not to have it sit here so I can wait for dev's to patch it to a playable state.[/QUOTE]
Trust me, of all the online game launches I've seen this one has been by far one of the best. A few server restarts or connection issues pale in comparison to just straight downtime. At worst, I've not been able to get into a game for 15 minutes or so and it's been getting steadily better every night.

Fanboy is a fanboy. Disconnections, game crashing bugs, unplayability = successful launch. Yeah, okay.

At any rate, with the Euro launch, this game is poised to take over the 2nd most played game on xfire and even looks to take over Steam's most played game (without Steamworks no less).

[quote name='Jodou']Trust me, of all the online game launches I've seen this one has been by far one of the best. A few server restarts or connection issues pale in comparison to just straight downtime. At worst, I've not been able to get into a game for 15 minutes or so and it's been getting steadily better every night.[/QUOTE]

One of the best, you're joking right? Connection issues? You mean not even being able to play period right? Myself and four other friends of mine CANT play at all. We cant connect. I'd classify that as downtime and a pretty major issue.

If anything, this is one of the worst launches I've seen in recent memory. People can bitch all they want about COD and that it doesnt have dedicated servers, but one thing's for sure, when that game launched, myself and all my friends were able to jump right on and play.

It's now Friday, I haven't been able to play the game since Tuesday afternoon and EA/DICE have yet to do a damn thing about it. Apparently there is a message that scrolls at the bottom of the game that says they're aware of the problem, but I cant view it since their shitty servers are fucked.

Just because you can connect doesn't make this a smooth launch or one of the best ever.

[quote name='SEH']One of the best, you're joking right? Connection issues? You mean not even being able to play period right? Myself and four other friends of mine CANT play at all. We cant connect. I'd classify that as downtime and a pretty major issue.

If anything, this is one of the worst launches I've seen in recent memory. People can bitch all they want about COD and that it doesnt have dedicated servers, but one thing's for sure, when that game launched, myself and all my friends were able to jump right on and play.

It's now Friday, I haven't been able to play the game since Tuesday afternoon and EA/DICE have yet to do a damn thing about it. Apparently there is a message that scrolls at the bottom of the game that says they're aware of the problem, but I cant view it since their shitty servers are fucked.

Just because you can connect doesn't make this a smooth launch or one of the best ever.[/QUOTE]

BF2 was not playable for 2 weeks after launch.

This game is at least playable with a tad bit of working.
Or if you cared to look at their twitter you would know they are working on it.

[quote name='TomJones4']BF2 was not playable for 2 weeks after launch.

This game is at least playable with a tad bit of working.
Or if you cared to look at their twitter you would know they are working on it.[/QUOTE]

So that makes this okay?

Oh, and it's NOT playable for my friends and I. We've tried everything. Deleting the beta, updating PB manually, running everything as admin, nothing works. Just because you've found something that works for you, doesn't mean it works for everyone else.

Okay I ordered my copy of BF:BC 2 from Amazon because of the $20 credit . I emailed amazon because I wanted to know that approx. time it would take to recieve the credit . I got a reply from one of the support ladies and she told me they had me covered . I thought to myself " that really didnt answer my question " , but I just didnt reply again . I heard my doorbell ring this afternoon and at my door I found a package from amazon , I then was like HELL YEAH i got my copy of FF13 early , I then opened it to find a SEALED NEW copy of BF:BC 2 . So in other words they sent me a whole new game even though I clearly didnt ask for one . BUT I am very happy now because me and my friend BOTH have copies now !!!!!

[quote name='SEH']One of the best, you're joking right? Connection issues? You mean not even being able to play period right? Myself and four other friends of mine CANT play at all. We cant connect. I'd classify that as downtime and a pretty major issue.[/QUOTE]
Don't know what to tell you; my clan and I have all been playing every night together with very little downtime (in fact, the only one I really recall was Tuesday night when the EA stats server crashed for about 15 minutes and everyone got kicked from their game). Maybe we're just missing the connection issue periods since we just get on a server and stay there for several hours.
[quote name='kilm']Disconnections, game crashing bugs, unplayability = successful launch. Yeah, okay.[/QUOTE]
To date I've had ONE disconnect during gameplay when the EA stats server went down and ONE CTD during gameplay. Both occurred Tuesday night and after logging 14 hours I'd call that incredibly successful. I'm sure some people have had a rough go getting this game to work, but I can only base opinions on my own experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kilm']Disconnections, game crashing bugs, unplayability = successful launch. Yeah, okay.[/QUOTE]
To date I've had ONE disconnect during gameplay when the EA stats server went down and ONE CTD during gameplay. Both occurred Tuesday night and after logging 14 hours I'd call that incredibly successful. I'm sure some people have had a rough go getting this game to work, but I can only base opinions on my own experience.

Just got this game today and have installed it but when logging in it is really slow. Also I'm told I can not log in when I have an EA account and the email and password both work when I log in online. Anyone else have this issue?

[quote name='sendme']Just got this game today and have installed it but when logging in it is really slow. Also I'm told I can not log in when I have an EA account and the email and password both work when I log in online. Anyone else have this issue?[/QUOTE]

No way dude, the game runs amazing and works for everyone. BEST LAUNCH EVAR~!

[/sarcasm]

Yeah dude, its the amazing EA/DICE centralized servers in action. There are tons of people who cant login, join servers, etc... All we can do is wait.

I can't get online either, I think the main server is down because I've never had an issue like this before. I hope they are fixing all these connection issues, because the game is fantastic once its running.

Looks like the master server is down for maintenance:
This messages is to inform you that EA is currently operating a maintenance on their master server, which should help come to terms with the bugs experienced by many. This maintenance is already taking place, and in order to help speed up the process, EA asks to close 40 000 slot to all providers.

If you want to help their technicians out, who have been working day and night since the release of the game, we ask you to consider the option of stopping your servers through your game panel, until the end of the maintenance *.

Note that this is not an obligation, but rather a voluntary hand that you may choose to give. We all hope that this will put an end to the current issues.

*End of maintenance: 3:00 am in America/ 9:00 am in France
Not sure why they couldn't communicate this to the Americas, but down all night is pretty shitty. Really takes the piss outta my Friday night. :\

:GASP:

I was actually able to play tonight for a substantial amount of time. Played for around two hours. Took me forever to get a server to work, so once I got on I stayed for a bit. There are still some ping issues, little bit of laggyness, but overall the game is fun...when you can play.

Yeah, it seems really odd how I'll go back to a server that had good pings the night before and not be able to connect anymore. Seems like a crapshoot of which ones will work on a daily basis, but at least I was able to get on last night. Really hope they fix this shit quick!

WOW I feel like such a DUMBASS I just bought the Squad Rush and AKS74u code off of ebay for $4 dollars and just realized I cant even use it . Will someone PM me if they know a different method of getting it thanks

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']WOW I feel like such a DUMBASS I just bought the Squad Rush and AKS74u code off of ebay for $4 dollars and just realized I cant even use it . Will someone PM me if they know a different method of getting it thanks[/QUOTE]

Not that I don't mind discussion but don't ask non-PC questions in the PC forum. We can't help.

Anyhow, anyone else have crazy knife streaks? I keep walking in to huge groups of guys and they don't notice me just knife everyone down. I had 2 games back to back, one with 5 knife kills, the other with 6. It's so awesome.

My friend and I both have the M1 Garrand rifle from getting level one veteran status, yet we cant use it in any games. Anyone know what the deal is.

[quote name='SEH']My friend and I both have the M1 Garrand rifle from getting level one veteran status, yet we cant use it in any games. Anyone know what the deal is.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat so don't feel bad. Stuff still isn't right in the servers, better but not 100%

[quote name='SEH']My friend and I both have the M1 Garrand rifle from getting level one veteran status, yet we cant use it in any games. Anyone know what the deal is.[/QUOTE]
Same problem; not sure why it doesn't show up for use. I've been killed by people using it, so I know it's not completely bugged.

Well I played for a few hours today, would've played for another few if I didn't get disconnected from EA's servers every hour. Seriously, today was really pathetic, I think the servers went down for everyone at least 3 times today alone. I mean I have played every PC battlefield game at launch except 2142 and this ranks right up there with BF2 for launch week problems. I just hope they get the "bugs" out by this time next week.

Man, this game is just fantastic (when you can get connected). Technical issues aside, my only gripes are:

1. The high learning curve, when combined with the weapon unlocks, make the first few hours really hard. Once you get a decent gun and scope, its all good.

2. Conquest games need to last longer. Rush games have the round length pretty much nailed, but conquest games seem to end in about 10 minutes, which is way too short.

3. I haven't seen this much the last two days, but recons can ruin the game when too many people play as that class. Its not that sniping is overpowered, but it leads to a complete breakdown of teamwork when half the team is sitting back sniping. There really should be an indicator of what class people are playing as on the squad select/scoreboard so people know what class a team is lacking in.

Other than that, has anyone gotten their friends list to work? My brother and I have sent each other about 10 invites and nothing has gone through.

Friends list works fine for my friends and I.

Honestly, I think there should be a class cap on the snipers. I played a Rush game today where literally like 10 of the 15 people on our team were sniping. Cap that shit at five or something. I know people would bitch, but they need to do something. It's impossible to destroy a site when that many people are just hiding in bushes trying to raid their KDR.

Jesus Christ they need to balance the damage of shit. Why is it that I can fire five rockets from a tank directly at a guy and he doesn't die, yet one noob tube will kill someone?

That brings me to my next point. fucking noob tubes are the gayest shit ever. All people do in squad deathmatch is camp attics and launch grenades. Dumbest thing ever thrown into an FPS.

bread's done
Back