Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

[quote name='KaneRobot']Ok, obviously I'm not paying attention, but I didn't know Onslaught wasn't going to be free. Sigh. 10 bucks is a little steep for an add-on like that.

Need someone to be the guinea pig...if it's fun, maybe I'll grab it. I'm hesitant since the only people I play this with are either a) people from this thread (who may not buy the mode) or b) regular friends who I'm still trying to get to buy the damn game in the first place.

The lag thing is sort of pissing me off. It's not game-breaking or anything, you can still play...but I notice it now, whereas before it was really smooth. I hope they fix this.[/QUOTE]

It is pretty good. Think of Rush mixed in with Conquest vs AI and that is what Onslaught is. Essentially, you work as a team (up to 4) to capture flag on the way to their base. There are four maps (Nelson Bay, Valpariso, Atacama Desert, Isla). Each one looks has some differences than there Rush/Conquest modes i.e. Nelson Bay is almost unrecognizable since it is daylight and the buildings have changed. At the Base areas in each map, they have an unlimited spawn. You play until all four members die at one time... in other words, it is best to have someone hang back a little.

The only thing negative I have seen so far is that we experienced a new type of lag. This lag allowed you to see the game in real time but you couldn't hit anything with your bullets unless you either a) died or b) suicided. Also when you capture a flag, the announcer mentions you took both positions (as if you were playing rush). Besides that, we found it a hard challenge on hardcore and enjoyed it.

As for normal Rush/Conquest, I have never really had too bad of lag. Most of it is slight lag and you can adjust for it.

Onslaught sounds interesting, but I was hoping it'd be free, seeing as though we're all "VIP"s and whatnot. I'm largely against those one time use codes, but I thought I'd give EA the benefit of the doubt and keep an eye on Onslaught. I'm sure it's fun, but there are just too many full fledged games I can get for $10 to be using it on DLC.

Downloaded and played onslaught in 2player coop. It was meh... same maps with re-spawning AI enemies instead of real players. It was kind of dull... though I admit, very challenging in the numbers they throw at you. Reminded me a little of the ghost recon 2 mode where 100s of enemies were thrown at a coop team. Could be somewhat fun, but more of a distraction when multiplayer burns you out. I wouldn't recommend it yet for $10.

Ever since I downloaded the Multiplayer update 2, I have been getting kicked from alot of games.

The game never loads up, I don't get kicked mid-game, but I will select search for games, and it will say 'connecting to game' and then it says I've been kicked. It can take me 3-4 tries before I can get into a game.

Has this happened to anyone else?

[quote name='Puffa469']Ever since I downloaded the Multiplayer update 2, I have been getting kicked from alot of games.

The game never loads up, I don't get kicked mid-game, but I will select search for games, and it will say 'connecting to game' and then it says I've been kicked. It can take me 3-4 tries before I can get into a game.

Has this happened to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of picking this one up, are the connection issues really bad?

[quote name='Puffa469']Ever since I downloaded the Multiplayer update 2, I have been getting kicked from alot of games.

My brother had that problem yesterday during the day. 4 games, 4 boots to the dashboard. However, we played some last night and the problem seemed resolved. Actually, since the update my games have been a bit more reliable (all of what 2-3 days I've tried to play).

@silversnake - on and off there are some connection issues, mainly with lag... but if you have the least interest in the game I would say buy it. It is a terrific game and worth a few headaches here and there.

I had that happen to me too but it eventually went away.

[quote name='silversnake5']I was thinking of picking this one up, are the connection issues really bad?[/QUOTE]

Pick it up. The new update fixed alot of lag issues. Outside of my weird issue with getting kicked a few times the game plays much better for me.

MW2 plays smoother and faster imo, but I like this game better. Theres more to do and more ways to play.

I'm getting tempted to pick this game back up, especially for Onslaught. I digress, though, since I came here to ask...

I've been reading on a couple forums (this pretty much started popping up on the 30th) about yet another issue (like the C4'd UAVs) on Rush. Is it seriously possible for Recons to mortar MCOMs down, even a fraction of their health? I've seen some people complaining about losing MCOMs to mortar fire, but other people say it doesn't do anything.

[quote name='Rhett']I'm getting tempted to pick this game back up, especially for Onslaught. I digress, though, since I came here to ask...

I've been reading on a couple forums (this pretty much started popping up on the 30th) about yet another issue (like the C4'd UAVs) on Rush. Is it seriously possible for Recons to mortar MCOMs down, even a fraction of their health? I've seen some people complaining about losing MCOMs to mortar fire, but other people say it doesn't do anything.[/QUOTE]

Mortar fire does a little amount of damage; Not enough to really make a difference.

[quote name='Rhett']I'm getting tempted to pick this game back up, especially for Onslaught. I digress, though, since I came here to ask...

I've been reading on a couple forums (this pretty much started popping up on the 30th) about yet another issue (like the C4'd UAVs) on Rush. Is it seriously possible for Recons to mortar MCOMs down, even a fraction of their health? I've seen some people complaining about losing MCOMs to mortar fire, but other people say it doesn't do anything.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if they changed anything in the last update but I know of a couple MCOMs that could pretty much be destroyed by mortar strikes or well placed C4 from 2 people... a bit disappointing but it didn't happen all that much given how easy it sounds.

[quote name='faceturd']I'm not sure if they changed anything in the last update but I know of a couple MCOMs that could pretty much be destroyed by mortar strikes or well placed C4 from 2 people... a bit disappointing but it didn't happen all that much given how easy it sounds.[/QUOTE]

The C4 works in mcom kills. It only takes 12 hits i.e. two people can take it out. Hence, the UAV trick being effective. Add into the fact that every so many games I run into someone on my own team lining the walls with c4 and blow it only to damage the mcom to halfway (I leave those games when I see it happening). Granted, there are more people just running to c4 the mcom. I just use these guys as target practice since under my watch it does not occur. This is part of the reason I hang back on defense and actually defend a position.

As for Mortar Strikes, you would be there for days taking it out. I have NEVER been in a game where Mortar took out a mcom station that wasn't in a house (i.e. by bring down the house). Note: I do not play Hardcore mode (not sure if that makes a difference in damage to mcom).

[quote name='lordopus99']The C4 works in mcom kills. It only takes 12 hits i.e. two people can take it out. Hence, the UAV trick being effective. Add into the fact that every so many games I run into someone on my own team lining the walls with c4 and blow it only to damage the mcom to halfway (I leave those games when I see it happening). Granted, there are more people just running to c4 the mcom. I just use these guys as target practice since under my watch it does not occur. This is part of the reason I hang back on defense and actually defend a position.

As for Mortar Strikes, you would be there for days taking it out. I have NEVER been in a game where Mortar took out a mcom station that wasn't in a house (i.e. by bring down the house). Note: I do not play Hardcore mode (not sure if that makes a difference in damage to mcom).[/QUOTE]

I guess the mortar strike method could have been taken out of context, but the thought of allowing that AND C4ing UAVs is just rediculous. And also team damage.. WHY CAN YOUR TEAM DAMAGE YOUR OWN MCOM!?

Looking to pick this back up, though I had more rage moments in this game than COD or anything similar. The sniping was incredibly fun, though.

[quote name='SoulReaver']Picking up this game used. I have a lot of points, so what DLC should I get? I know the VIP code would be good, but what else?[/QUOTE]

Once I completed Onslaught, I think I got bored with it.

You might just stick with the VIP code maps. The SPECACT things are not worth paying for... they are just skins and achievements.

FYI - My brother and I have both experienced getting kicked to dashboard when trying to load multiplayer periodically. I think it has something to do with joining a squad on the first load because when I optioned to not join a squad, everything loaded fine. Just in case anyone runs into the same issue.

Just brought the game, won't get to play until tomorrow. Just had a quick question. When I enter my VIP code actually how much content do I get free? On the marketplace I see map packs, class download packs and others just wondered which of do i get free. Thanks.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Just brought the game, won't get to play until tomorrow. Just had a quick question. When I enter my VIP code actually how much content do I get free? On the marketplace I see map packs, class download packs and others just wondered which of do i get free. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You'll get the map packs for free.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Just brought the game, won't get to play until tomorrow. Just had a quick question. When I enter my VIP code actually how much content do I get free? On the marketplace I see map packs, class download packs and others just wondered which of do i get free. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Everything is free except for Onslaught mode, which is 800 points I think, and some skin packs, which were available free from a Dr Pepper promotion. They are cosmetic changes only.

Everything else is free, it's mostly maps from one mode now made available in the other mode.

Are very nice. I'll get on downloading those straight away when I VIP then.

Edit: LAME. I think the copy I got was brought before, returned then resold. Because the disc is marked, book is messed up and mostly importantly, the VIP is used. So i'll go back to Asda later and ask for a change. Major letdown though.

The game on the other hand is real good, don't think i'll be going back to MW2 anytime soon..

Last edited by a moderator:
I played this game for a bit when it came out, and now I recently played it a few more times. How do you guys who continuously play this game every day deal with the hit detection/lag? Sometimes it takes 3 sniper shots on a guy standing completely still before it even registers. I'll get stuck on doorways and run through them multiple times and it'll bring me back through the doorway again. I thought this was the point of dedicated servers?

Here's to hoping that the MOH beta is good, although I hear the game lags/freezes when you get shot or die. Here's also to hoping Battlefield goes back to Modern Combat, though I don't see that happening.

[quote name='Trakan']I played this game for a bit when it came out, and now I recently played it a few more times. How do you guys who continuously play this game every day deal with the hit detection/lag? Sometimes it takes 3 sniper shots on a guy standing completely still before it even registers. I'll get stuck on doorways and run through them multiple times and it'll bring me back through the doorway again. I thought this was the point of dedicated servers?

Here's to hoping that the MOH beta is good, although I hear the game lags/freezes when you get shot or die. Here's also to hoping Battlefield goes back to Modern Combat, though I don't see that happening.[/QUOTE]

I play it pretty regularly and I haven't had issues with bullets not registering correctly ever. Unlike most FPS, there is bullet drop i.e. aim above the head and judge the distance on height above the head. The only thing I found that doesn't register all the time is knife hits; granted I have seen others having problems with it on me so it doesn't bother me as much. It might just be your connection (granted, my home is wired for fiber optic). The community for BF2 way exceeds that of any other current FPS shooter.

The hit detection/lag has been pretty good recently in my experience. About a month ago, it was horrible. Maybe it has something to do with the optional update (doubt it though) that you can d/l on the marketplace?

[quote name='Trakan']How do you guys who continuously play this game every day deal with the hit detection/lag? Sometimes it takes 3 sniper shots on a guy standing completely still before it even registers. I'll get stuck on doorways and run through them multiple times and it'll bring me back through the doorway again. I thought this was the point of dedicated servers?[/QUOTE]I usually just back out and search for another match when that happens. It's annoying to do so, but it usually does the trick.

I've actually been playing more since onslaught and the update were released because it seems that lag issues are gone... :: knocks on wood :: Don't give up.

[quote name='Trakan']I played this game for a bit when it came out, and now I recently played it a few more times. How do you guys who continuously play this game every day deal with the hit detection/lag? Sometimes it takes 3 sniper shots on a guy standing completely still before it even registers. I'll get stuck on doorways and run through them multiple times and it'll bring me back through the doorway again. I thought this was the point of dedicated servers?

Here's to hoping that the MOH beta is good, although I hear the game lags/freezes when you get shot or die. Here's also to hoping Battlefield goes back to Modern Combat, though I don't see that happening.[/QUOTE]

That's just when you're in a bad lobby. As someone said earlier, backing out usually works.

The only real problem I have with the technical side of BF is the bullet lag. There's a slight delay in everything in the game. However, it's acceptable because it's just the game having so much crap going on in one game it need a second to register it. I've been playing Battlefield games since 1942. I find this to be the best one next to Battlefield 2 (PC) and the best MP on the Xbox 360.

The lag was a problem but it seems like it fixed for now, I've played the game every day for the past week and haven't had any lag issues. I can't answer for the Sniper thing as I never play the Recon class. I thought I'd read something about them changing what Servers you connect to geographically, also I'm on Comcast where the lag was supposed to be particularly bad, maybe that issue has been fixed.

I hope the MOH online is good as well, if it's not I probably won't pick the game up till after a few drops.

Ugh, I've been playing Recon lately because it's the last class I still need to unlock stuff for. I hate sniping so I just end up using the G3 and playing an assault recon.

I almost have to play Engy because I HATE getting in a vehicle and not being able to fix it.

I'll normally play engy unless the map has few/no vehicles then I will play medic. But I almost never play recon so it's killing me to finish leveling up this class.

I would think that with every passing day it is harder to be a good sniper because its all about finding good sniping holes. With everyone's experience being pretty high now they know where to look and how to defend them pretty well. One recommendation is to try and use one of the mid-range snipers (SVU, VSS) with a 4X scope and either magnum or spotting and stick to the second floor of buildings, not roofs which are easy to spot. Especially in places like Arica Harbor. You can also throw motion mines on the first floor to look for people coming in the building to get you.

[quote name='Puffa469']Ugh, I've been playing Recon lately because it's the last class I still need to unlock stuff for. I hate sniping so I just end up using the G3 and playing an assault recon.

I almost have to play Engy because I HATE getting in a vehicle and not being able to fix it.

I'll normally play engy unless the map has few/no vehicles then I will play medic. But I almost never play recon so it's killing me to finish leveling up this class.[/QUOTE]

If you're playing as attackers and want to level up your recon class I'd recommend using an auto shotty or G3 and using 6x C4 on the M-COM stations. Once you pull the trigger you pull in like 300+ points for damaging it. Even better is to plant the c4, set the charge to get the points, place a motion mine, and blow it up once the areas covered in orange dots so you try and take out as many enemies as possible while they're disarming. Now that's Recon done right.

[quote name='faceturd']I would think that with every passing day it is harder to be a good sniper because its all about finding good sniping holes. With everyone's experience being pretty high now they know where to look and how to defend them pretty well. One recommendation is to try and use one of the mid-range snipers (SVU, VSS) with a 4X scope and either magnum or spotting and stick to the second floor of buildings, not roofs which are easy to spot. Especially in places like Arica Harbor. You can also throw motion mines on the first floor to look for people coming in the building to get you.[/QUOTE]

I recommend the QBU-88 (Type 88) sniper with an ACOG (4x) scope and magnum rounds. You can basically run as an assault class.

Why not just use the GOL and 12x... there is little to no bullet drop with it. Headshots gets you bonuses. It is pretty easy to pump the points, especially when you mix in mortar kills. I would only snipe on a couple of boards in certain sections (Rush - Isla, Port Harbor, Africa Harbor). The other boards it is hard to get a decent position to snipe from.

The shotty/c4 thing won't work in most games, or at least the games I am in. :D

[quote name='Puffa469']Ugh, I've been playing Recon lately because it's the last class I still need to unlock stuff for. I hate sniping so I just end up using the G3 and playing an assault recon.

I'll normally play engy unless the map has few/no vehicles then I will play medic. But I almost never play recon so it's killing me to finish leveling up this class.[/QUOTE]

Spoilr'd for boldness.
My favorite time to snipe is as an Attacker in the beginning of either Isla Inocentes or Port Valdez. (I c&p'd one of these names, and now everything is bold forever. Bare with me.) In Isla, I run to the mountain and creep up the back and sit behind the tree (I can see the turret on the defenders side). It gives you a great view of the objectives. On Valdez, I either try to land on the pipes to the right when I spawn, or I just run down the side of the road a little till you see that rock you can get on and duck, just peeking my head over so I can shoot. Just sayin', I used to hate sniping but once you can account for the gravity properly and know you're spots it's a blast. You can even shoot through loopholes like in real life so keep that in mind too. I do alright so maybe this'll help you with getting those unlocks. Good luck :)

Oh, and Grizzly Taint brings up good points as well. I just like shooting people, it's therapeutic. :lol:

Hey quick question everyone. Do I need both multiplayer update files or just the second one? Since they're about 700 MB for both just seeing if the first one is obsolete or if I need both.

[quote name='lordopus99']Why not just use the GOL and 12x... there is little to no bullet drop with it. Headshots gets you bonuses. It is pretty easy to pump the points, especially when you mix in mortar kills. I would only snipe on a couple of boards in certain sections (Rush - Isla, Port Harbor, Africa Harbor). The other boards it is hard to get a decent position to snipe from.

The shotty/c4 thing won't work in most games, or at least the games I am in. :D[/QUOTE]

12x scope is a no-no. It's a crutch and can prevent you from being a better sniper. SPOT assist scope is the way to go.

[quote name='Ashesinfall']12x scope is a no-no. It's a crutch and can prevent you from being a better sniper. SPOT assist scope is the way to go.[/QUOTE]

SPOT assist is a second spec. 12x is a first spec. If you want, you can have both. I personally hate SPOT assist. It sucks and for noobs. You use it and now you have just pointed out everyone to all the other snipers on your team (most likely at least 4 guys on a team doing this) who have similiar setups to what I am running with i.e. we take all your guys out. I would rather use improved demolitions as my secondary for Mortar kills instead. 12x gets me an accurate view from a good distance away to take out who I want. So what do you use for your first spec if you don't use 12x? Red Dot?

Thank god I am done getting all the unlocks for my Recon class.

I was averaging 1000 points a game, which is low for me. I've been doing this for a week or two, just trying to get all the Recon stuff.

I was starting to think I sucked. Then when I finally maxed out Recon, the next map up was Rush on Valdez, I was attacker.

I picked engineer, jumped in the T90, and proceeded to go 21-4 and got 5,000 points. It felt sooo good to be back to doing what I love.

No offense, but that's because vehicles are insanely overpowered.

Also, you can rack up Recon points with spot assists and motion mine assists. Use a shotgun or a sniper that isn't a bolt-action and you can play very aggressive with the class.

[quote name='Trakan']No offense, but that's because vehicles are insanely overpowered.
[/QUOTE]

Depends on the users of that vehicle. ;)

I heart taking out vehicles :lol:

[quote name='Trakan']No offense, but that's because vehicles are insanely overpowered.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't feel like that when I'm getting blown up by yet another mortar strike, at least with C4 they have to get in close.

Mind you there's nothing like a UAV with enhanced warheads or an Anti-Tank mine to mess up a tank drivers day :twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trakan']No offense, but that's because vehicles are insanely overpowered.[/QUOTE]

If left in the right hands maybe (like mine).

Most tanks are driven by idiots who use them as taxis to drive directly to the M-Com stations. The average lifespan on a tank in public games is about 30 seconds.

When I play engy and get in a tank, I play smart, I back up and repair, I keep moving so I'm not starting from a dead stop when I have to move out of the way of Mortar strikes. Unless the enemy team is playing together, I can't be stopped in a MBT. On Valdez attacking, I can take out the first four M-Coms with the T90 with little trouble. It may take a while, but I'm not wasting my teams tickets while I do it so as long as they dont rush ahead to their deaths, I can get us to the third set of M-coms without fail.

If I can actually get a good squadmate that will equip the Alt powerup that lets us detect close up infantry, I can be godly in a tank. I take alot of rocket hits, but I'll kill the rocketeer, back up and repair.

Last night my squaddy at first kept jumping out of the tank each time a Mortar strike hit us, but it never killed the tank. They got me down to 2 health once, but I backed up and recovered (learning to drive backwards is a must!). The mortar strike would kill him when he jumped out though. Eventually he figured out I wasn't a retard and stayed in the tank. He finished second on the team behind me and we got best squad.

The worst thing that happens to me when I use a tank is my teammates stealing it from me while I'm repairing it. I keep a close eye on my minimap when repairing and jump back in the tank if a teammate comes near.

[quote name='Puffa469']If left in the right hands maybe (like mine).

Most tanks are driven by idiots who use them as taxis to drive directly to the M-Com stations. The average lifespan on a tank in public games is about 30 seconds.

When I play engy and get in a tank, I play smart, I back up and repair, I keep moving so I'm not starting from a dead stop when I have to move out of the way of Mortar strikes. Unless the enemy team is playing together, I can't be stopped in a MBT. On Valdez attacking, I can take out the first four M-Coms with the T90 with little trouble. It may take a while, but I'm not wasting my teams tickets while I do it so as long as they dont rush ahead to their deaths, I can get us to the third set of M-coms without fail.

If I can actually get a good squadmate that will equip the Alt powerup that lets us detect close up infantry, I can be godly in a tank. I take alot of rocket hits, but I'll kill the rocketeer, back up and repair.

Last night my squaddy at first kept jumping out of the tank each time a Mortar strike hit us, but it never killed the tank. They got me down to 2 health once, but I backed up and recovered (learning to drive backwards is a must!). The mortar strike would kill him when he jumped out though. Eventually he figured out I wasn't a retard and stayed in the tank. He finished second on the team behind me and we got best squad.

The worst thing that happens to me when I use a tank is my teammates stealing it from me while I'm repairing it. I keep a close eye on my minimap when repairing and jump back in the tank if a teammate comes near.[/QUOTE]

My partner and I run wild with the tank. Majority of the time our tank never gets destroyed. We stay far enough back that we can dodge rockets but close enough to do lots of damage. We play with xtra damage and optical zoom. We provide the cover fire for people to move up then we move up with them. I normally play as engineer so we always have someone to repair. Since I gun, our tank never gets jacked. Every blue moon a guy jumps in my gunner seat. We just back that thing up and get them out of view to where they give up and jump back out.

Like said above, the average BF tank driver, just drives straight into base either getting destroyed in the process via Mine or thousands of rockets or it gets passed into the enemy hands via driver leaving the vehicle and enemy jumping in i.e. game over for attackers for most maps.

Tip for all BF kids: never leave your tank as a driver anywhere close to an enemy area. I will jack your tank no matter what the damage is if I am on defense and will repair it to full health. You always, I mean, always have to go down with the tank.

Demolition man..:roll:

How in the world can anyone get this legit? I've been playing for 2 weeks straight on africa harbor and atacama desert C4-ing every building I can find. So far I have 5 demo kills. I've seen my K/D ratio drop from around a 1.2 to a .98 due to trying to plant and then getting picked off by a sniper or random spawn.

I missed the boosting sessions on this earlier on CAG, anyone still need this and want to try? Any tips on how other people got it? I've watched the youtube videos, etc. but everyone in the building always seems to get out before it comes down.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Demolition man..:roll:

How in the world can anyone get this legit? I've been playing for 2 weeks straight on africa harbor and atacama desert C4-ing every building I can find. So far I have 5 demo kills. I've seen my K/D ratio drop from around a 1.2 to a .98 due to trying to plant and then getting picked off by a sniper or random spawn.

I missed the boosting sessions on this earlier on CAG, anyone still need this and want to try? Any tips on how other people got it? I've watched the youtube videos, etc. but everyone in the building always seems to get out before it comes down.[/QUOTE]

I still need it and I'm down, but yeah, it would take a long fucking time or an extreme amount of luck to get that legit within a reasonable amount of time.

I missed the boosting sessions on this earlier on CAG, anyone still need this and want to try? Any tips on how other people got it? I've watched the youtube videos, etc. but everyone in the building always seems to get out before it comes down.[/QUOTE]

This achievement requires a bit of luck and some patience to do but its possible to do it legit. The method that worked best for me was to lure enemies into the MCOM buildings and blow them up in all the confusion. When playing as Attackers use the Recon kit with Auto Shotgun, 6x C4, and the increased explosive perks. Sneak into the enemy base, plant C4 on the bottom level inside corners of the building, plant the MCOM charge, throw down a motion tracker, hide a safe distance away, and once as many people as possible run into disarm it pull the trigger and hopefully bring the building down. The best chances to get demo kills are on the first few rounds of Port Valdez, Nelson Bay, Atacama, and Arica Harbor especially on the 2 story MCOM buildings since once they're upstairs there's little chance they can get out on time as long as there's no holes in the walls to jump out through. Another opportunity is while playing as defenders on Arica throw a motion mine at random building you suspect squads may be spawning in. Sneak around and plant C4 all around and blast it and sometimes you get lucky and take an entire squad down with it.

I have it legit and got it around the 60 hour mark playing, also white pass is your friend.

C4ing is the long way to do it. I had 17 legit kills prior to CAG boosting (up to 20). After CAG boosting, I started getting them even easier (now up to 46). This is the way to go.

On levels with helicopters, gun at the buildings on the helicopter, especially on Isla. You would be surpised how many people are within the demo proximity. Each game I normally hit at least one on that map. When not on levels with helicopters, it is way easier to go for demo by mortar than by c4. Plus, it saves your K/D and team tickets.

If I see c4 on a building I never go in. I would assume alot of people are like me. Plus, what team doesn't watch the mcom stations enough to see a guy spending time putting c4 on the walls...

Do note if you do it to your own team buildings I give negative feedback if you are in any game I am in then I leave. I wouldn't be surprised if others do the same.

I got it legit, mostly by using the UAV to take down buildings with M-COM stations in them. Good places to do it are

Port Valdez - 1st and 2nd A stations
Arica Harbor - 1st A and 2nd B
Nelson Bay - 1st B
Attacama Desert - 1st B

I use the advanced warhead perk for vehicles and blow the 4 bottom corners away from the building which usually brings it down (on Arica Harbor there are plenty of tanks which will do the job as well). I probably got this around the 100 hour mark so my way may not be the quickest, but on the plus side you're helping your team at the same time (and not burning too many tickets doing it).

Thanks to everybody..I finished this last night. Took about two days/7-8 hours of playing to get the last 15.

White Pass was definitely where it's at (Hardcore DM), most of the time would get two or more when I got them because of squads spawing on each other.

Just a quick recap for anyone else who is still struggling:

Assault class - M14 (recommending this since it's my favorite), any pistol, C4, extra explosives, extra explosive damage and any vehicle powerup. You can take down any of the buildings on white pass with one batch of C4s in the right spots.

bread's done
Back