Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

Looks like I'll probably have this Monday or Tuesday (again). I remember I quit playing because the game made me rage, but I'm willing to play in a squad or with some people that communicate. I will NOT have the VIP map pack, but I'll likely be getting the Onslaught DLC.

Oy, this one game is gonna cost out the wazoo if I decide to get onslaught and the VIP. Then again, when I had the game, the first 3 VIP packs were out and they were all shit. At least now they're adding rush maps.

Just picked this up. It's a fun game. It has that floaty bf2 feel when u shoot. Doesn't feel like bullets are hitting the target at all until they fall down.

I posted this in the Medal of Honor thread but w/e.

If you buy the Special Edition of Medal of Honor (aka all launch copies), you get a code for beta access into the Battlefield 3 beta due out next year. Yes I said the BATTLEFIELD 3 beta, not Bad Company. Rejoice BF fans

*sees dead thread in the middle of nowhere*

CLEAR! *bzzap*

Easy points!

Seriously though: I picked up the Onslaught DLC, and am seriously considering the VIP pack. Picked up a few awesome people (in general, but variably decent players) off of GameFaqs to play with, but I'm still looking for more if anyone happens to venture back into the thread. Have a few of you, but the ones I had added a few months ago seemed to have quit.

Also kinda looking to play some Squad DM, since I've never really had a decent group of people to do so with. Also, the new map(s) for it in the VIP pack look fun. Laguna Alta I think it was.

[quote name='Rhett']*sees dead thread in the middle of nowhere*

CLEAR! *bzzap*

Easy points!

Seriously though: I picked up the Onslaught DLC, and am seriously considering the VIP pack. Picked up a few awesome people (in general, but variably decent players) off of GameFaqs to play with, but I'm still looking for more if anyone happens to venture back into the thread. Have a few of you, but the ones I had added a few months ago seemed to have quit.

Also kinda looking to play some Squad DM, since I've never really had a decent group of people to do so with. Also, the new map(s) for it in the VIP pack look fun. Laguna Alta I think it was.[/QUOTE]

I still play (when the EA servers let me). I play non-hardcore rush and the occasional conquest modes. I am VIP so it would cause you to get drop if we played together. If you ended up getting it, feel free to invite me.

I'm on the hunt for this again. $29 at Family Video might be my best bet right now, as I already have the VIP from owning the LE beforehand.

Although with Madden and LP2 on my current playlist, I may not have time for it... so maybe I should just wait? lol

[quote name='HydroX']I'm on the hunt for this again. $29 at Family Video might be my best bet right now, as I already have the VIP from owning the LE beforehand.

Although with Madden and LP2 on my current playlist, I may not have time for it... so maybe I should just wait? lol[/QUOTE]

Heh. I still haven't caught you for some LP2. :) -- I traded for it, maybe you could too?

[quote name='lordopus99']I still play (when the EA servers let me). I play non-hardcore rush and the occasional conquest modes. I am VIP so it would cause you to get drop if we played together. If you ended up getting it, feel free to invite me.[/QUOTE]

I'm very likely getting the VIP pack, but I haven't been kicked out of games very often despite not having it. I wonder if they made some servers non-VIP only? (lawls)

And I saw your rank, Avenger. You must have healed and supplied some crazy amounts. You'll probably have to contact me or send me a party invite though, as I don't like randomly bothering people to play stuff like some of the people on my list do, constantly, when I don't even own said games anymore.

[quote name='HydroX']I'm on the hunt for this again. $29 at Family Video might be my best bet right now, as I already have the VIP from owning the LE beforehand.

Although with Madden and LP2 on my current playlist, I may not have time for it... so maybe I should just wait? lol[/QUOTE]

Ha! I noticed you hadn't been playing for a while. I started up again a few weeks ago.

I pretty much have to have an active online FPS to play at all times. I never know when I'm going to get the itch to shoot people. And I just can't play MW2 ever again, so this is it really.

bad company 2? boring.

Hear me out though, i bought it when it was first coming out, after playing for a few months and getting platinum medals for my weapons, the game got real dull and repetitive. I waiting for reach now, im tryn to get mw2 to keep me occupied.

I thought bc2 was gonna be the best game evar! but it ain't.It was successful but..... Hopefully medal of honor will change that for dice.

Been playing a lot lately. Enjoying it, despite having unlocked everything. Kinda wish I could 'prestige', though, to unlock everything again.

Shotgun + Slugs = fun!

Also just started playing Squad DM today, and having a lot of fun with it (since I have a high KDR). Definitely a lot less stressful (read: rage-inducing) than Rush, since your team doesn't have such a massive impact on whether you fail or not. (albeit they still play a big role in the game type)

If anyone is looking for a good community of people to play with, I highly recommend GameFaqs (for once!). The people there are very helpful and team-oriented. Just playing with one other person that you can chat and have fun with, makes the game yield less rage.

Fun combos to try:

Engineer with Carl G + Ex. Explosives + Increased Explosive Damage. -- Can snipe people with enough skill. :D

Pump shotguns + Slugs + Magnum ammo (any class) -- Two-shot sniper rifle at any range, one shot at close range, but you have to be VERY good at aiming as it's very pinpoint. Supposedly you can 'snipe' Blackhawk pilots with this, too.

SV-98 Snaiperskaya + Red Dot + Magnum ammo
-- One-shot sniper rifle (much like MW2) up to 20m, two shots at any other range (except headshots).

VSS Snaiperskaya Special + (first spec doesn't matter, but ammo is best) + Magnum ammo -- Any-range sniper rifle, something like 3 shots to kill someone at any range, and it's fully automatic.

Guess that's it. o_O

[quote name='Rhett']Been playing a lot lately. Enjoying it, despite having unlocked everything. Kinda wish I could 'prestige', though, to unlock everything again.
[/QUOTE]
You can. I doubt you have platinum'd every weapon. ;)

Shotgun + Slugs = fun!
I never really liked the shotgun, even before the nerf (when you could snipe with them). You miss your shot, you can pretty much assure yourself death.

Also just started playing Squad DM today, and having a lot of fun with it (since I have a high KDR). Definitely a lot less stressful (read: rage-inducing) than Rush, since your team doesn't have such a massive impact on whether you fail or not. (albeit they still play a big role in the game type)
Squad DM, to me, is the second worst mode for the following reason: too many fucking campers.

[quote name='lordopus99']You can. I doubt you have platinum'd every weapon. ;)

I never really liked the shotgun, even before the nerf (when you could snipe with them). You miss your shot, you can pretty much assure yourself death.

Squad DM, to me, is the second worst mode for the following reason: too many fucking campers.[/QUOTE]

Haven't platinum'd anything (close for Heavy Vehicles, though, but I alternate weapons regularly).

Shotgun can STILL snipe across the map, you just have to be decent at aiming. I was watching someone snipe helicopter pilots on Isla Innocentes with the pumps, as well as snipers. It's not hard, it's just a case of exposure.

Squad DM itself isn't plagued by campers (except snipers, but there's a kill cam), but Hardcore sure is.

I hate that most of the VIP maps are awful and sucky (for Rush at least), though. I kinda regret getting VIP.

The only thing I have Platinum on is heavy vehicles. I have a few gold stars on the G3, and a couple of other guns, but I also have guns I've never even used once yet.

At this point I play for fun. I've got all the unlocks, including the Garand, so I just pick what I like, or what my team needs and use it. I don't consciously go for gold stars on different guns or equipment.

If there's vehicles on the map I'll usually play Engy. If not I usually play Medic or Assault, depending on which my team has less of. I almost never play recon, unless the enemy is all hanging back as Snipers, then I will go recon to try and pick some of them off, but I'll usually change back fairly quickly.

any news or confirm about some ultimate edition or something?

I'm still in campaign so haven't tried MP. I got the LE but not sure if I got those unlocks that came with it. Also haven't entered my VIP code but have gotten those free kit upgrades (4, one for each class) through that Dr. Pepper promo.

I might just sell the game and vip code if a new version comes out

[quote name='saunderscowie']How exactly do yo platinum weapons? Just getting kills with them?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I think it is 1000 for weapons/vehicles and 500 for gadgets.

hmm okay, another question might be the same thing but. Sometimes when i'm killed I see the enemies weapon load out and their gun is completely orange?

There is an 'Ultimate' edition coming out. I forget what it's called, though. It includes VIP ($15), Onslaught mode ($10), and Battlefield 1943 ($10), for a total of $60 new. There's also the Vietnam "expansion" (they've REALLY been holding back and pussyfooting on content.) coming out. As for the Limited Edition unlocks, they are unlocked by the disc I believe, so you already have them. They definitely help you out, since you normally don't have a vehicle spec when you start out. I recommend playing the game a considerable amount before even thinking about using the VIP code, though. I bought the game new, traded the code, got the game used again, and ended up buying it with points and kinda regret it. Most of the maps were thrown together and have balance issues, but not the base maps. As for the guy asking about the orange weapons on peoples' loadouts, those are the camo SPECACT weapons from the Dr. Pepper promo (also purchasable with MSpoints, but it's a ripoff). They also come with a new skin for each class. Wall of text fail. CAG fail. Won't let me fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lordopus99']I haven't seen anything that is solid orange. There are desert skins (i.e. beige). Could that be what you are seeing?[/QUOTE]

I don't mean the actual gun, i mean when you're killed you see the enemies gamertag, weapon, specs etc etc. There is where the gun is orange.

GRAWR! CAG FAIL! The orange weapons are SPECTACT, from Dr. Pepper or MS points (big rip off) -- one weapon with camo + new camo for that class, per class. More achievements, pins and insignias (also, you CANNOT get the 'bronze all weapons' insignia anymore WITHOUT SPECTACT, which really sucks!).

[quote name='saunderscowie']Oh meh okay. Not CAG fail, don't be nasty.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't saying that anyone was failing. CAG/my netbook was really screwing up the formatting (there is a lot more spacing than it shows, especially paragraphs).

OK what am I doing wrong in that I'm not able to get into a game tonight? I applied the patch when I put the disc in but everytime I try to get into a game it says I've been kicked. I have that 4XX MB download from June already and all the VIP Map Packs unlocked. Do I have to redownload the big update file again?

[quote name='MSUHitman']OK what am I doing wrong in that I'm not able to get into a game tonight? I applied the patch when I put the disc in but everytime I try to get into a game it says I've been kicked. I have that 4XX MB download from June already and all the VIP Map Packs unlocked. Do I have to redownload the big update file again?[/QUOTE]

That happens to me alot when the map is Nelson Bay.

Try not selecting to be added to a squad while waiting for the map to load.

There have been times where I've needed to drop to dashboard and load the game again to finally get into a game.

Hey guys, I got a copy of BC2 for Ps3 and got 2 vip code slips. My question is, are the codes universal? Or does 360 have it's own codes and Ps3 has it own codes.

Thanks guys.

[quote name='Rhett']There is an 'Ultimate' edition coming out. I forget what it's called, though. It includes VIP ($15), Onslaught mode ($10), and Battlefield 1943 ($10), for a total of $60 new. There's also the Vietnam "expansion" (they've REALLY been holding back and pussyfooting on content.) coming out. As for the Limited Edition unlocks, they are unlocked by the disc I believe, so you already have them. They definitely help you out, since you normally don't have a vehicle spec when you start out. I recommend playing the game a considerable amount before even thinking about using the VIP code, though. I bought the game new, traded the code, got the game used again, and ended up buying it with points and kinda regret it. Most of the maps were thrown together and have balance issues, but not the base maps. As for the guy asking about the orange weapons on peoples' loadouts, those are the camo SPECACT weapons from the Dr. Pepper promo (also purchasable with MSpoints, but it's a ripoff). They also come with a new skin for each class. Wall of text fail. CAG fail. Won't let me fix it.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reply. hopefully more info comes out. there might even be a Vietnam version with "everything"!

I beat campaign yesterday. I really expected more (ending was bad and felt like there wasn't much playtime; I watched the story on youtube for first game). I went through some levels again to get those damned m-coms. I read somewhere that they are on the map (bullshit even if they are the map is so damn small). Used a guide and have maybe 5 left to go. Only problem so far is that I loaded up the last level that has M-coms (4 of them). I had already gotten 3 during my playthrough. I used a guide and youtube but for some reason I couldn't find the 4th M-Com. Three of the areas on the youtube video I all recognized as destroying one there. The first M-Com area is out in the open and I didn't see it... maybe this is a glitch or something. I'll deal with that later. Oh and when I was driving the jeep again in the dessert...god that sucks, hope MP vehicles aren't as bad to use.

I'm not 100% on this, but it's an EA code and not a system code. So I believe it's good for either.

[quote name='Ziv']I'm not 100% on this, but it's an EA code and not a system code. So I believe it's good for either.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks man. :)

played a few hours of MP. this is a lot more realistic than mw2. I got disconnected twice and had to restart once due to freezing. aside from that had fun. glad to see that this actually requires some skill.

Just got the game. Don't know much of anything, looking to play with some people and learn the game. Anyone interested in going on tonight? My gamertag is Calinks.

[quote name='intoxicated662']are there still alot of people playing online? I saw a person selling it locally on cl for $25 and am debating on whether to pick it up or not..[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of people still playing. Number 10 on Major Nelson's most played live titles.

I played this for hours on Saturday. Just reached level 28. I'll be playing again this week so send me a FR. Just wont be on today as I'll be watching the NFL double header.

Raised from the dead... EA just got my attention by punching me in the face.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Vientam Add-On

The DLC includes four brand new multiplayer maps based on the Vietnam war, each bringing fresh visuals and characteristics, such as foxholes, tunnels and dense jungles. It also adds 15 Vietnam-era weapons and 6 vehicles available from the moment you go online. Included in that is the M79 grenade launcher, the Navy SEAL XM22 machine gun, the American Huey helicopter and the Russian T54 tank.

DICE have confirmed that the new maps will work in all four multiplayer modes in BFBC2, stating that the expansion is fully integrated with the full game, meaning that "no matter what theatre of war you participate in, you will continue to level up your soldier as usual."

To enhance the complete 60's vibe, man, DICE have also recorded all new voice-overs for both sides, based on authentic dialogue from the Vietnam War. On top of that, it'll included 49 songs of the "rocking soundtrack" to set the mood, including CCR's "Forunate Son," Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth" (as heard in the above trailer) and "Ride of the Valkyries."

The Vietnam add-on will not be included in the recently-announced UItimate Edition of the game, but will release exclusively on XBLA some time this Winter. And yes, of course it adds new achievements - ten of them to be precise.

If this releases for less than 1200 MSPs I will definitely purchase it. If it is 1600 I will definitely consider it.

[quote name='mvp828']
If this releases for less than 1200 MSPs I will definitely purchase it. If it is 1600 I will definitely consider it.[/QUOTE]

$20 seems a bit much for 4 maps, if it's more than 800 I won't be buying.

That's it, i'm finally doing it...I'm selling mw2 and getting bc2 and hope this game is worth the hype. I have 5 friends who I see play it regularly and my nephew plays it constantly so I figured what the heck, try it out. See you online and always watch your back.....cause i'll be right behind you with a random gift for ya :)

Pretty excited for the 'Nam expansion. Just had a friend who I play online with frequently finally pick this up thanks to the Ultimate Edition being 40 bucks on Amazon, so I'll be getting back into this more now.

[quote name='benjamouth']$20 seems a bit much for 4 maps, if it's more than 800 I won't be buying.[/QUOTE]
Then I guess you won't be buying, because there's no way in hell it'll be 800.

bread's done
Back