Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

[quote name='moojuice']Weird, fired it up a few days ago, and online was practically dead. Couldn't find a match larger than 4v4.[/QUOTE]

It depends on the time of the day. At night you will not find anybody. Playing conquest right now with a 12 vs 12 match.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Good news. I may actually support a day 1 purchase of the Vietnam expansion because of this.[/QUOTE]

I've been looking forward to it. I rented the game and got all the achievements and sent it back, but when they announced Vietnam, I sprung for a deal on Ultimate Edition

I just got this a few weeks ago. I played through the campaign and it was much better than the first game. If any cags want to play Onslaught or regular old mp hit me up gamertag=bar71(.)

[quote name='Battlefield Blog']The three flags are spread over the entire terrain. This seemed like a crazy idea at first -- this map is even bigger than Atacama Desert -- but we stuck to it, and it turned out to provide a real sense of epic scale.[/QUOTE]

Link

Damn, why do they tease us? I hate waiting but I bet it will be worth it. I haven't played any of those old maps so this will be new to me. I've been playing online recently scouring the rust I've built up. Gotta practice :D

I don't play much FPS online, but BFBC2 is my favorite. I hope this add-on reinvigorates the crowd. FPS online challenges the wallets people who don't play them a lot- if you put a title aside for 3 months, your community might have already moved on to the next title.

I like the space in the levels in BFBC2, so it's not like spawn-die-spawn-die-spawn-die.

I just got this game and joined a random onslaught match the other day, but no one I shot ever died. Direct hits, sniper rifle, machine gun, didn't matter. I wasn't making a dent in anyone. Anyone know why this is? Was I on the most difficult mode?

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Playing Black Ops has made me realize how much I miss playing this game. I'm really looking forward to the Vietnam expansion.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I didn't buy CoDBO but I was playing at a friend's yesterday...it was ok but I do not regret not puchasing it at all. I'm definitely looking at the Vietnam expansion to be my next FPS purchase.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I just got this game and joined a random onslaught match the other day, but no one I shot ever died. Direct hits, sniper rifle, machine gun, didn't matter. I wasn't making a dent in anyone. Anyone know why this is? Was I on the most difficult mode?[/QUOTE]
You were shooting A.I players, right? Because Onslaught is Co-Op. Otherwise, maybe you had a bad connection to the server and was lagging like a mofo.

Yes, I was shooting AI players. This was the second time I was playing where they just wouldn't go down. It was like the bullets were bouncing off them. None of the co-op players were having any issues killing bad guys.

You think it was lag? It has nothing to do with difficulty level? Then again, there shouldn't be such a thing as a bulletproof face no matter what the difficulty setting.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Playing Black Ops has made me realize how much I miss playing this game. I'm really looking forward to the Vietnam expansion.[/QUOTE]

This

[quote name='moojuice']You were shooting A.I players, right? Because Onslaught is Co-Op. Otherwise, maybe you had a bad connection to the server and was lagging like a mofo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah with the GOL sniper it takes them down in one shot, even on hardcore. I always go for head shots though or high chest shots and they die.

Yeah Indiana, I have to agree with the others, you were experiencing lag. When it happens it trips you out for about a second or two :)

The first week I bought Onslaught mode I experienced one very odd thing in Valparaiso. Going towards the last hill, there were dozens of enemies spawning from this one point and the other 2 guys and I were blasting them.

It went on for about a minute or more then my :360: froze. I've had my :360: freeze on me when I've played Conquest too. It may be the amount of games I have installed on the HDD but I do not know for sure :whistle2:k

this game should be my next purchase
crap
cant believe i played and enjoyed the beta but did not ever cross my mind to play the full game.

lol?

i am guessing i can game share the vietnam expansion too?
:D

Anyone else think Bad Company 2 is far more superior than any of the recent Call of Duty games? I have fun playing CoD with and against people I know, but otherwise BC2 takes the cake.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Anyone else think Bad Company 2 is far more superior than any of the recent Call of Duty games? I have fun playing CoD with and against people I know, but otherwise BC2 takes the cake.[/QUOTE]

No doubt man, if COD took a year off instead of pumping one out every year, it would be a good game. I played Blacks ops and it sucks compared to MW2.

Anyways, can't wait till the Vietnam DLC and the the new map pack

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Anyone else think Bad Company 2 is far more superior than any of the recent Call of Duty games? I have fun playing CoD with and against people I know, but otherwise BC2 takes the cake.[/QUOTE]

BC2 has and still is my favorite FPS. It puts the rest to shame.

I can't deny my addiction to twitch-gaming with COD but it is usually a very lonely pursuit. There is rarely a reason to interact with people in that game. BF:BC2 was awesome because of the way you could work with people in your squad And there is such variety. Get a release date Vietnam!

I'm in the same boat. COD multiplayer is boring.

I have MW2 and BO and I'm enjoying BO right now. I didn't understand the hype for BC2 till I played with some friends and they kinda brought me up to speed. I love it but I'm horrible at it...I feel like I don't have a gameplan going into this game. Any tips for a noob?

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Anyone else think Bad Company 2 is far more superior than any of the recent Call of Duty games? I have fun playing CoD with and against people I know, but otherwise BC2 takes the cake.[/QUOTE]I agree to an extent only because player movement in this game can be a bit clunky at times. It shouldn't take more than one try to go up a flight of stairs. Other than that one gripe, it owns.

Anyone still have Onslaught to do, or just willing to help me work through the levels on Veteran? I beat one with randoms, but when I tried another (seemingly dependent on the chopper) they kept dying and quit out.

Just shoot me a message or post back if you're willing to help!

[quote name='lolwut?']Anyone still have Onslaught to do, or just willing to help me work through the levels on Veteran? I beat one with randoms, but when I tried another (seemingly dependent on the chopper) they kept dying and quit out.[/QUOTE]

Haha dude, I'm going to make you my XBL hetero-lifemate one of these days. I do need the Onslaught stuff.

It'll take me a couple of days to get back into form as I haven't played this in months, but I'm down for getting those.

I think I still need the shoot down a chopper with a stationary launcher or whatever too. I'll have to look.

loooooool. I need that one as well, but it'd be kind of tedious to boost me thinks. Just shoot me a message whenever you want to play and I'll be down; I'll help you with that Halo one as well.

[quote name='donster32']I have MW2 and BO and I'm enjoying BO right now. I didn't understand the hype for BC2 till I played with some friends and they kinda brought me up to speed. I love it but I'm horrible at it...I feel like I don't have a gameplan going into this game. Any tips for a noob?[/QUOTE]

First off, don't play it like you do CoD or Halo i.e. don't go solo/snipe. This game is all about packs and communication (when playing any mode not named Team Deathmatch *cough campfest cough*). You should always be running in packs. Besides having the extra gun, you have the abilities i.e. health packs (Medics), ammo drops (Assault), etc. This helps you stay alive alot longer. It is a plus for people on headsets so you can call out where you are getting shot from, who you are taking down, etc. These two reasons are why the people I play with and I are always at the top of the leaderboard/game.

Last thing... know your role. If you can't fly a chopper, don't take the chopper. If you are assault, drop ammo kits. ETC.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I think I still need the shoot down a chopper with a stationary launcher or whatever too. I'll have to look[/QUOTE]

The best spot is on Valpariso, second section. Alot of people use it to transport people to top of the lighthouse. Just shoot it while hovering. Also, you have a fairly good shot when it takes off; just judge the distance. This spot is where I got mine.

As for Onslaught, I can help you guys. The only one that I found hard was Isla. I have completed them.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']If your spamming the select button, there is a cool down peroid, so you can't spam marking the targets.[/QUOTE]

I never knew that. That explains a lot, though.

Edit - Ok, played last night for the first time in a few months and I'm definitely back into this. I'll keep an eye out for some of you guys online. If you see me playing and want to join up send me a message. Would be nice if we can get a regular crew of 4 to 8 people rolling on this again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, played last night for the first time in a few months and I'm definitely back into this. I'll keep an eye out for some of you guys online. If you see me playing and want to join up send me a message. Would be nice if we can get a regular crew of 4 to 8 people rolling on this again.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']If your spamming the select button, there is a cool down peroid, so you can't spam marking the targets.[/QUOTE]

What?! :whistle2:o I didn't know that :) I googled it and couldn't find how many times it can be used or how long it lasts. Although I did find a thread in the official BC2 forum where several players are bitching about :lol:

I'll use it conservatively from now on and not get angry when it doesn't work :lol:

Changing the topic of spotting, have y'all recently experienced idiots who aren't getting into squads or knife/shoot at you when they want ammo/health? These guys are pissing me off :bomb:

There was no cooldown on the spot button in the Beta/Demo, and the feature was pretty easy to abuse. You could sit somewhere high up and out of the way, spam the spotter and get points for every enemy killed.

Your really only suppossed to use it when you actually see someone, to highlight their location to the rest of the team. But even with the cooldown, you can still spot people by simply pointing the crosshairs at high traffic areas where you don't necessarily see anyone, but know that they are probably there anyway, just don't spam the button.

[quote name='Puffa469']There was no cooldown on the spot button in the Beta/Demo, and the feature was pretty easy to abuse. You could sit somewhere high up and out of the way, spam the spotter and get points for every enemy killed.

Your really only suppossed to use it when you actually see someone, to highlight their location to the rest of the team. But even with the cooldown, you can still spot people by simply pointing the crosshairs at high traffic areas where you don't necessarily see anyone, but know that they are probably there anyway, just don't spam the button.[/QUOTE]

Thats the exact reason why there is a cool down time.

To Kane, I am not to sure, tbh with you the spotter scope is kind of a joke. I would not use it, when you can just do it yourself.

It seems like there's quite a bit of life left in this game with CAGs (which is awesome by the way). We should try to get a whole group of 12 sometime and play some conquest/rush on the same team. Of course we'd have to split up into different squads, but I've never played in a game where all 12 team members were working together towards the same goal.

[quote name='Ma12kez']It seems like there's quite a bit of life left in this game with CAGs (which is awesome by the way). We should try to get a whole group of 12 sometime and play some conquest/rush on the same team. Of course we'd have to split up into different squads, but I've never played in a game where all 12 team members were working together towards the same goal.[/QUOTE]

It usually works out very well with a full team of 12. Even games that I've played where we were running two squads in one party went well. I might actually get on and start playing this again tonight. I really like playing conquest with 8 people.

Gamefly has this game for $14.99 right now. I'm getting suckered into buying it again after trading it twice already. I just can't get enough.

I'd be more than happy to play with anyone. I haven't done any of the Onslaught modes. Mostly because I don't want to flip over my 1000 without wanting to get all the Onslaught cheevos lol.

add me guys if you do that 12 team thing or if anyone wants to play...lookin for a squad to join that wants to work together - thats sounds fun. i keep coming back to this game and can't get enough. each time i play i learn new things it seems. and thanks for the youtube posts - those helped a lot! finally got the de-fibs with the medic...fun stuff.

when do you unlock the red dot - man that would help me out!

Played the shit out of this this weekend, was about to do some Onslaught with lolwut but had to bail due to annoying circumstances. Definitely back into this "full time" now. hopefully will finish out the achievements before Vietnam comes out. Still need shoot chopper down with stationary gun, run over someone with a chopper, get to level 22, plus all the add on achievments related to Onslaught and SpecAct...so I've got some time to put in for sure. Add me if you haven't already and if you see me playing it send me a message.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Played the shit out of this this weekend, was about to do some Onslaught with lolwut but had to bail due to annoying circumstances. Definitely back into this "full time" now. hopefully will finish out the achievements before Vietnam comes out. Still need shoot chopper down with stationary gun, run over someone with a chopper, get to level 22, plus all the add on achievments related to Onslaught and SpecAct...so I've got some time to put in for sure. Add me if you haven't already and if you see me playing it send me a message.[/QUOTE]

It's probably easier to run someone over with the UAV, or just dive bomb some people on that Island map in Rush mode with the transport chopper.

I already have you on my friends list, so once I receive this in the mail, I'll be looking you up.

The UAV is really easy to run someone over with. Granted, that you can get on the UAV.

If anyone needs a person, feel free to send me an invite as I will play, even though I have 100% on it. If you FR me, make sure to follow it up with an email stating you are from CAG.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Still need shoot chopper down with stationary gun, run over someone with a chopper[/QUOTE]

Let me offer some unsolicited advice: It's easier to shoot down a UAV, then a chopper, with a stationary RPG. Plus you get the achievement :D I was able to shoot down a UAV because some fool was hovering quite low and got it. To my surprise, I received the Careful Guidance achievement :lol:

[quote name='lordopus99']The UAV is really easy to run someone over with. Granted, that you can get on the UAV.[/QUOTE]

I still need to get the Airkill achievement, it's hard for me to get it since I get shot down pretty quick.

[quote name='HydroX']It's probably easier to run someone over with the UAV, or just dive bomb some people on that Island map in Rush mode with the transport chopper.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know. I just suck at ramming I guess...not that I've had a ton of opportunities to try, but I always seem to miss with it and inevitably get shot down or killed. Shrug. I'm sure I'll stumble onto it eventually.

[quote name='htown01']I still need to get the Airkill achievement, it's hard for me to get it since I get shot down pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

First off, don't shoot with it (to keep attention off it). Second, take it wide and either really high or really low. Once you are behind the enemy lines, now its ramming time. Take it ground level and go to places where snipers are. They normally don't move much; thus they are very easy to hit with it.

Some spots (rush mode):
Isla - first spot, most guys hang out around the back of the house. More people will be more concerned about the Helicopters.
Port Valdez - first spot, check around the broken 5 story building; base level and level with the wall with hole (I think level 3). One of my fav spots for roadkills; both UAV and ATV.

I normally don't get shot at as UAV unless I shoot from it.

bread's done
Back