Battlestar Galactica: Complete Series (new packaging) for $133 at Amazon

Awesome, will finally jump on this once my trade-in credit gets processed Monday or Tuesday. Can I ask how you know it will end on the 7th? I have the funds to get it now, but if it ends on the 7th I will wait for my trade-in credit. I just don't want to miss out on this great price because this deal is only for today or tomorrow =)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the cheapest it's been. If you've been thinking about getting it and waiting for the price to drop, then this is your time to make the jump.

My buddy texted me about this... so tempted. If only the webisodes were included. Screw it, I'm buying it anyway.

[quote name='dacool561']Awesome, will finally jump on this once my trade-in credit gets processed Monday or Tuesday. Can I ask how you know it will end on the 7th? I have the funds to get it now, but if it ends on the 7th I will wait for my trade-in credit. I just don't want to miss out on this great price because this deal is only for today or tomorrow =)[/QUOTE]
It's the Blu-ray deal of the week: http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/all-deals?ie=UTF8&type=bd&gbNodeId=130

[quote name='shrike4242']Don't forget that this set also includes The Plan along with the BSG season sets.[/QUOTE]
I bought it despite The Plan being included. ;) I still can't get over what a let-down that was.

These are the individual seasons packaged together, check out the photos on Amazon's page. Each season has its own Blu-ray packaging and holders for the discs. None of those flimsy cardboard sleeves the other series collection had.

The Razor episode is included as well, as a part of the fourth season boxset.

Wish I had the $ for this, been wanting to get the whole series on Blu-ray for awhile... :whistle2:(

I would jump on it but im already buying the lost complete series this month, if i could find someone on craigslist to buy my damn Lost S1-5 on blu-ray i would buy this :bomb:

damn you knoxville, nobody buys blu-rays here.

Anybody want to buy my complete set of the individual seasons plus "The Plan" on regular DVD for $110.00 shipped? I know thats a longshot but I would love to jump on this.

styl3s, just sell them to McKay's on Papermill! You'll probably get $90-100 if you go with store credit, and that'll go a long way there.

Man, this is tempting. I've been slowly watching through SD copies of this (currently about 3/4 of the way through season 2), and I've love to watch it in HD.

[quote name='swick']styl3s, just sell them to McKay's on Papermill! You'll probably get $90-100 if you go with store credit, and that'll go a long way there.[/QUOTE]
Yeah i debated about going to mckays, i shop there alot and do alot of trading, im actually about to take 60-70 blu-rays in the next few days, i have too many blu-rays i don't watch and don't need, would rather trade them for cash or stuff i want.

[quote name='styl3s']Yeah i debated about going to mckays, i shop there alot and do alot of trading, im actually about to take 60-70 blu-rays in the next few days, i have too many blu-rays i don't watch and don't need, would rather trade them for cash or stuff i want.[/QUOTE]

you should sell them here

i forget what i paid after BCB from DD a year ago when it first came out, but don't think it was too close to this , and no "The Plan"
Haven't watched it yet either....whoops.

*edit* - looks like $151 - $9 BCB, so not horribly more.

[quote name='simmias']My buddy texted me about this... so tempted. If only the webisodes were included. Screw it, I'm buying it anyway.[/QUOTE]

The webisodes are included. The only thing the set doesnt have is "The Face of the enemy" webisode series. And those wont ever be released on disc due to all the legal issues involved with that series.

so tempting. i wish i could instant view the mini series or something. im pretty sure ill like the show but id feel better havign seen an episode before buying.

[quote name='starmask2k3']you should sell them here[/QUOTE]
sell what? the lost sets or the 60-70 brs? thing is i dont wanna sell s1 then s2 then s3 or 1 BR or 3-4 brs, i want to sell all 60-70 as one package and all 1-5 as one package

i don't have time or the patience to do small orders

[quote name='paz9x']so tempting. i wish i could instant view the mini series or something. im pretty sure ill like the show but id feel better havign seen an episode before buying.[/QUOTE]

If you have even a remote interest in sci-fi im not sure how could not at least like the series.

My GF and I just finished going through the series set I bought, and I do not exaggerate in saying we though it was some of the best television we have ever watched, and I have been around longer than the average CAG.

Against my better judgement, I picked this up. I've always wanted to pick up the complete series, but my wallet will not be happy for a while.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Against my better judgement, I picked this up. I've always wanted to pick up the complete series, but my wallet will not be happy for a while.[/QUOTE]Your wallet will understand.

If you have a good 5.1 or better surround sound system with a good subwoofer, Seasons 2 and 3 will give it a great workout.

I really should have passed on this due to scarcity of funds, but at almost 60% off one of the best shows I've ever seen, my inner nerd just would not be denied. I justified it by telling myself I'd be losing money by NOT buying it at this price.

AMAZING price... I'd jump all over this... Why, oh why am I so stingy on my built up trade credit at GS and Amazon??? It's not like anything else is coming out that I'm going to want for a while. Damn my stinginess... May pick this up before the 7th.

[quote name='paz9x']so tempting. i wish i could instant view the mini series or something. im pretty sure ill like the show but id feel better havign seen an episode before buying.[/QUOTE]

If you like science fiction, there is very little chance you wouldn't like BSG. Easily one of the best 2 or 3 sci-fi shows ever made.

I'm very tempted by this.. I own all the individual season DVDs, but I'd love to get it in HD, but passed the first time due to the packaging. I'm gonna ask around and see if I can get anyone to buy my DVDs, and if so I'll bite.

Edit: Sold the DVDs to a friend for $100.

[quote name='bvharris']If you like science fiction, there is very little chance you wouldn't like BSG. Easily one of the best 2 or 3 sci-fi shows ever made.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Just get it you will not be disappointed. trust CAG! ;)

I'm actually thinking of getting this just because I'd like to do another viewing of the series and I have a hodgepodge of sets (HD-DVD, DVD, and BD). Would also like to go through all the extras at some point.

On a related note, can anyone recommend any other recent Sci-Fi shows that I might have missed. Haven't really found anything since finishing up BSG.

EDIT - Most of these negative reviews about the packaging on the Amazon page are referring to the original release of the entire series and not this one, correct?

fuck. this is the 2nd time theres been a good sale on BSG (barnes and noble before) and once again im in a a position where my expendable income is limited (damn weddings!) CML!

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']
EDIT - Most of these negative reviews about the packaging on the Amazon page are referring to the original release of the entire series and not this one, correct?[/QUOTE]

That's how I read it. Just above the actual review and beneath the reviewer's handle is usually a line that reads "This review is from:", and all of the negatives I've seen indicate it was the set with the Collectible Cylon.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Exactly. Just get it you will not be disappointed. trust CAG! ;)

I'm actually thinking of getting this just because I'd like to do another viewing of the series and I have a hodgepodge of sets (HD-DVD, DVD, and BD). Would also like to go through all the extras at some point.

On a related note, can anyone recommend any other recent Sci-Fi shows that I might have missed. Haven't really found anything since finishing up BSG.

EDIT - Most of these negative reviews about the packaging on the Amazon page are referring to the original release of the entire series and not this one, correct?[/QUOTE]

blah, im gonna have to buy this. Ive spent far beyond my budget this month and I really shouldnt but I dont think I can resist.

So, no Caprica and no "Face of the Enemy" webisodes. Putting out this question to BSG fan/owners of this set. How much does that bother you?

This show has been on my "to watch" list for some time but I never got around to it. I've gotten I think all of it from digital sources. I plan to start watching it and make my call as to whether or not to get the Blu-rays. I won't get that deep into it, so I'm looking for gut reaction here.

[quote name='shrike4242']Don't forget that this set also includes The Plan along with the BSG season sets.[/QUOTE]

That's what annoyed me about the first set (which I bought)... They had The Plan coming out just a few months after... couldn't they have just waited to release it until the Plan came out so they could get everything out there?

I still don't own the Plan because of that.. Have been waiting for it to hit $10 or less.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']So, no Caprica and no "Face of the Enemy" webisodes. Putting out this question to BSG fan/owners of this set. How much does that bother you?

This show has been on my "to watch" list for some time but I never got around to it. I've gotten I think all of it from digital sources. I plan to start watching it and make my call as to whether or not to get the Blu-rays. I won't get that deep into it, so I'm looking for gut reaction here.[/QUOTE]

Why would Caprica come with this? It's a completely different show...

As for the webisodes... meh. They're ok, but I wouldn't worry too much about them.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']So, no Caprica and no "Face of the Enemy" webisodes. Putting out this question to BSG fan/owners of this set. How much does that bother you?
[/QUOTE]

Why would Caprica not being included bother anyone? That would be like complaining that your Star Trek: TNG DVD set didn't include an episode of Voyager.

Most of the "complete" listings I would see included the initial pilot. I thought since it was connected to the same world, the pilot was part of the set. Again, I'm coming into this new so don't be a dick.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Most of the "complete" listings I would see included the initial pilot. I thought since it was connected to the same world, the pilot was part of the set. Again, I'm coming into this new so don't be a dick.[/QUOTE]

Me? If you think I was trying to be a dick, you could not have read it more incorrectly. Chill out.

This show has been on my "to watch" list for some time but I never got around to it. I've gotten I think all of it from digital sources. I plan to start watching it and make my call as to whether or not to get the Blu-rays. I won't get that deep into it, so I'm looking for gut reaction here.[/QUOTE]

Zero impact. I bought this set about a month ago at Borders for ~$170 and like the other poster said, the fact that it doesn't have Caprica makes zero impact and frankly would make no sense. Two different shows.

I've only ever seen 1 or 2 webisodes, and from what I remember, they weren't that great.

You should probably start watching what you have now then before the deal expires.

In for one since I've been waiting for this to go on sale. Says it will ship in 1 to 2 weeks.

That should give me time to finish watching Stargate Atlantis.

Wow, I can't believe so many of you had this in SD. I wouldn't even watch it in its original run in SD, I waited for it to be on Universal HD much later (this was before "SyFy" went HD).

Definitely the best episodic TV I have ever seen.

[quote name='shrike4242']Your wallet will understand.

If you have a good 5.1 or better surround sound system with a good subwoofer, Seasons 2 and 3 will give it a great workout.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's always come back to me! :)

Unfortunately, I don't have the surround sound system mentioned...waiting until I finish my basement to splurge on that. :(

[quote name='turls']Wow, I can't believe so many of you had this in SD. I wouldn't even watch it in its original run in SD, I waited for it to be on Universal HD much later (this was before "SyFy" went HD).

Definitely the best episodic TV I have ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Battlestar Galactica didn't start releasing on blu-ray until well into the show's run, I believe at least 2007 or 2008, if not later.

So there weren't a lot of other options if you wanted to own it early on.

Fills me with regret that I did not start my lowball sooner so I would have been able to get this. Now I'll have to hope for a good sale in a few month on Black Friday.

bread's done
Back