Bayonetta ::droooool::

Since some of us have already gotten our hands on this, I figured I would bump this up.

I'm having a BLAST with this. I had my doubts because I can never bring myself to finish games like DMC4 and NG2, but so far I'm really digging the combat and over-the-top feel of this game. It's so ridiculous yet addictive at the same time.

This Game really couldn't have come at a better time for me. I used to be a big DMC fan but after DMC4 I think I'm about done with the series. I hated the whole MGS2 thing they did with it & playing all the levels of the game twice didn't sit well to me. I Hope
Bayonetta is a better DMC then DMC4 is, can't wait to play this game.

I will assume that this is on the second page because we are all too busy playing it. I know I was.

But really why is this thread on the second page? This is the greatest hardcore action game ever created. This game is almost perfect.

Bayonetta rocks, im not the type that replays the same level but in Bayonetta I keep replaying the levels until I get at least a gold statue at the end of the chapter. This game is all kinds of awesome

Is this game hard or do I just suck? I'm playing through on Normal and I die a hell of a lot heh. It's a fun game though, love the style and over the top action. I just wish I was better at it :p I'm able to plod my way through it (On chapter 9 I think), but I keep getting Stone trophies :(

the game is challenging, but not unfairly so. every time i've died or gotten hit its because i was not fast enough. enemies broadcast their attacks pretty well, which brings a nice balance of fairness and challenge. what a great way to start off 2010; i couldn't be more happy with this game.

Bayonetta is great! I am having a blast with it and it really does remind me of why I love video games. The game doesn't take itself seriously and is just simply a blast to play. Sega really got a hold of a real jewel when they picked up this publishing deal with Platinum Games, just an amazing studio with a ton of talent and original ideas.

[quote name='BigBen']Is this game hard or do I just suck? I'm playing through on Normal and I die a hell of a lot heh. It's a fun game though, love the style and over the top action. I just wish I was better at it :p I'm able to plod my way through it (On chapter 9 I think), but I keep getting Stone trophies :([/QUOTE]

Are you using items? They really drag down your rating.

I was pretty bad at first but once I started doing the Alfheims I got used to the combat quickly. They're actually great for learning enemy animations and knowing when to dodge. After doing several of these going back to the real game got much easier and more fun.

JEKKI, found a few references you were talking about. Found one from RE4 when the shop guy said "Whadda Buyin'"

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Someone please explain, in spoiler tags (for others), why there's a child version of the protagonist?[/QUOTE]

When a boy and a girl really like each other, they hug real tight, then in nine months the stork brings them a present :eek:

And that's why birds do it, bees do it
Even educated fleas do it

At least, I assume it's her daughter >_> That's the last trailer I saw. Waiting to pick the game up still

[quote name='bs000']When a boy and a girl really like each other, they hug real tight, then in nine months the stork brings them a present :eek:

And that's why birds do it, bees do it
Even educated fleas do it

At least, I assume it's her daughter >_> That's the last trailer I saw. Waiting to pick the game up still[/QUOTE]

Hey, hey. He said spoiler tags. ;)

Picked this game up, and playing it at the same time as GoW collection...and while the graphics and gameplay are top notch playing both actions games has only help me realize why 90% of library are western games. I can't stand the music and the story.

[quote name='NutForest']IGN giving it 9.5 aggravates me. It looks far from perfect.[/QUOTE]

Aside from some minor screen tearing as far as I'm concerned it is one of the best of its genre. Have you played it? If not why should the score of a website bother you one way or another?

People that dont appreciate "deep" games, wont appreciate this game AT ALL.

But if you dont like it, you just dont "get" it.

yup. references off the top of my head:

The dood at the grave is named Eggman
Enzo is listening to Magical Sound Shower in his car
The bonus stage often begins with Splash Wave music
Rodin asks "What are ya buyin"
Rodin makes a Madworld reference to Jack's chainsaw arm
Luka mentions Claire, Trish, Silvia, and Ammy
Bayo says "dancin a go go baby"
Highway Stage, first part of the stage has Splash Wave remix, second part Afterburner remix
second part of that stage seems to be an homage to Hang On
there's also a Space Harrier/After Burner stage, with Space Harrier remix and all the sound effects
She has a Stinger like move, a Viewtiful Joe red hot kick, and leaves a trail of flowers in panther mode

I may be missing some...

beat this on normal last night... what a great game. i'm looking forward to starting hard, but i don't think i'm good enough at video games to beat it

[quote name='Rodimus']Bayonetta's broken as shit.[/QUOTE]how so?

the game sets a standard for tightness as far as I can tell

[quote name='JEKKI']how so?

the game sets a standard for tightness as far as I can tell[/QUOTE]

Look up Kilgore "glitch"

Also look up "halo farming"

Now sigh at what was challenging become easier than soft poopoo

[quote name='nnthomas']Look up Kilgore "glitch"

Now sigh at what was challenging become easier than soft poopoo[/QUOTE]

Fail.

Do you realize all of the calculated shit you have to do to pull off either of these (especially the farming)? If you play the game normally, you would NEVER encounter either of these. Most games have exploits if you seek them out.

This game is in no way, shape, or form "broken".

Now sigh at what was challenging become easier than soft poopoo[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with the previous post. There's no way of doing this 'farming' without going way out of your path, and getting lucky as even some of the requirements to get to the 'farming' are ridiculously expensive.

If there's one complain is that it would take too long to unlock all her weapons, and moves. After I finish the game I have no desire to go back just to finish getting all the extra stuff, so in that regard it's a shame that they're so expensive.

Really like the game, although I'm also not a fan of 'watch this really long scene, but be prepared 'cause if you don't hit button z at the correct time you will die' routine. That's just a cheap trick that developers shouldn't do anymore.

I have to agree with the previous post. There's no way of doing this 'farming' without going way out of your path, and getting lucky as even some of the requirements to get to the 'farming' are ridiculously expensive.

> equip Durgas on hands
> buy Selene's Light (100k) OPTIONAL
> play chapter 7 boss on normal
> wail away on boss
> make 200k halos within 15 minutes

I'm breaking a sweat doing all this hard work

Oh, excuse me... calculated hard work

[quote name='JEKKI']how so?

the game sets a standard for tightness as far as I can tell[/QUOTE]

I was just kidding. After seeing the video you posted it reminded me of unlimited combos as seen in a fighting game. The game is tight as hell.

Now sigh at what was challenging become easier than soft poopoo[/QUOTE]even the deepest and most technical of games have exploitable tactics in a single player environment.

anybody can beat the game without a problem.

playing the game in style however, that's what makes the game fun.

perfect example of another game that does this: Valkyrie Profile Silmeria.

u can farm exp and items, but there's so much crazy stuff in that game that the player can do if they have the technical know-how

[quote name='nnthomas']> equip Durgas on hands
> buy Selene's Light (100k) OPTIONAL
> play chapter 7 boss on normal
> wail away on boss
> make 200k halos within 15 minutes

I'm breaking a sweat doing all this hard work

Oh, excuse me... calculated hard work[/QUOTE]
you obviously aren't very good at exploiting the "glitches" and "broken-ness" you're complaining about. You can get over a million halos on that boss fight in five minutes if you don't break your combo.

[quote name='dragonjud']Really like the game, although I'm also not a fan of 'watch this really long scene, but be prepared 'cause if you don't hit button z at the correct time you will die' routine. That's just a cheap trick that developers shouldn't do anymore.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I hate getting a bad trophy on a level because my timing for these quick timed events isn't the greatest.

So what's the deal with missing medals? Do I seriously have to continually backtrack to find all of the fights to get a good medal at the end?

I've heard of hidden verses that you find by backtracking, and I've also heard that some of them are the Alfheim portals. Read that on Gamefaqs though, so it could be complete hearsay.

Anyways, just my quick 2 cents on the game: I think it's extremely awesome. The campy atmosphere is a really nice change of pace from all the "mature" and "gritty" games as of late.

[quote name='Rocko']So what's the deal with missing medals? Do I seriously have to continually backtrack to find all of the fights to get a good medal at the end?[/QUOTE]

Those are Alfhiem portals. Most do require backtracking, or just more exploration of an area. You don't need those medals to get a better trophy at the end, you just need to use less items and get a good combo/score.

I rented it, and beat it. I did enjoy it although when renting a game I tend to rush things, and not enjoy a game to the fullest. I thought the story to Bayonetta was pretty fucked up,but I did enjoy it. It really is awesome.

My girlfriend played this game for almost 5 hours straight on Saturday. It's funny cause I didn't think she would even like it. She started off at normal, but I told her to bump it down to easy.

[quote name='wakawakawa']My girlfriend played this game for almost 5 hours straight on Saturday. It's funny cause I didn't think she would even like it. She started off at normal, but I told her to bump it down to easy.[/QUOTE]

I must be on the same level as her!

Played through Chapter 2 on Normal, died a few times but nothing too crazy -- but had to bump it down to Easy at the start of Chapter 3. Just couldn't get any further....seemed like the difficulty on that level ramped up fast.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I must be on the same level as her!

Played through Chapter 2 on Normal, died a few times but nothing too crazy -- but had to bump it down to Easy at the start of Chapter 3. Just couldn't get any further....seemed like the difficulty on that level ramped up fast.[/QUOTE]I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one finding Normal difficulty to be pretty hard. I'm only on Chapter 5, and I'm still playing it on Normal, but I'm getting my ass handed to me a lot. Oh well, I'm just not a million halo combo caliber player. I can live with that. :lol:

I finally started playing over the weekend.

omg no loading!!!

makes playing 360 version waaaaaay better than PS3!!!

anyway, tryin to get all platinum verses... not going so well :(

Im getting platinum on the stages overall, but small things keep getting me gold medals on individual verses

I needa learn the combo system better... I donno how I keep hitting consistent 9.9 multipliers during large group fights but keep getting gold/silver combo scores

[quote name='JEKKI']I needa learn the combo system better... I donno how I keep hitting consistent 9.9 multipliers during large group fights but keep getting gold/silver combo scores[/QUOTE]

Time and damage will also lower what type of award you get for the verse/chapter.

[quote name='JEKKI']omg this is TOO SICK!!

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/bayonetta-game-guide-strategy-video

trailer video for the official strategy guide!!![/QUOTE]

That looks awesome. However, I collect game guides, and I can tell you that no amount of text :lol: or pretty pictures will make me play Bayonetta like that video.:lol:
It would require paying a lot of attention to detail during every single battle. I just wouldn't care enough to get there.

Oh, and I have to agree with the general sentiment on the vast amount of difference between 'easy' and 'normal'. After finishing the game on 'easy', I tried a couple of chapters in 'normal', and it feels like you're playing a different game.

I don't remember the last time there was such a huge difference between difficulties in a game like this. Playing on easy basically let's you experience the ridiculous over the top story, but it does nothing to prepare you for a real run on 'normal'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beat this last night. Amazing game. I beat all the Alfheims so if anyone needs advice. I only had problems with a couple of them. For the most part I was able to beat them no problem.

bread's done
Back